Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#481 mnwild22

mnwild22

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

correction..I got switched to Montreal...I would rather be Dallas if thats ok.

#482 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

correction..I got switched to Montreal...I would rather be Dallas if thats ok.

Sorry, it was late when people were switching around last night. I tried to make the edits real quick before bed, and moved the wrong person. Got it fixed now.

got my copy yesterday. I'll take the Dallas stars, I don't have that much time to play these days so I don't have any specific times yet

Sorry, I made a mistake switching owners in the OP, and Dallas is in fact taken. You're welcome to take another team though.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#483 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

Really awesome that each division has one spot open. How's that for balance? Now, if only GM Connected were functional, lol... :-k

#484 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

This is what actual nhl players must be feeling right now...we want to play, but the league doesn't want to let us unless we aggressive to compromise and go by its rules.

#nolockout
#nohockeyleague

>_>

#485 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Sorry, it was late when people were switching around last night. I tried to make the edits real quick before bed, and moved the wrong person. Got it fixed now.

Sorry, I made a mistake switching owners in the OP, and Dallas is in fact taken. You're welcome to take another team though.

I'll be the Coyotes

201224.pnggarrett007.png

#486 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

This is what actual nhl players must be feeling right now...we want to play, but the league doesn't want to let us unless we aggressive to compromise and go by its rules.

#nolockout
#nohockeyleague

>_>

#nhl13mostrealisticgameever

#487 twick87

twick87

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

http://forum.ea.com/...st/8849625.page

After reading this, I'm okay with having to play the full 82 game season. It seems like we can get through a season fairly quickly as long as the commish moves the schedule along. I'm completely fine with having to sim a bunch of games throughout the year as long as I don't have to do it all at once (ie. play first 30 games, be in 4th place, sim remaining games, miss the playoffs).

Personally I feel that we should play 2 weeks of the NHL schedule over the course of 5 days or so. It would probably be 5-6 games that we would play in 5 days. And you can sim your games against the CPU or the games that you don't have time to play.

I'm the type of player who probably won't play every day, but when I do play I'll sit down and play 3 or 4 games at a time. I really don't care how we format the season I just want to get started (after roster update) :)

#488 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

At least the games don't have to be played in order.

#489 twick87

twick87

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

yea that was the best part. if it's monday and the guy you play first can't play til friday then u got the whole week to play everybody else.

#490 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

I honestly have no preference about how you decided to deal with the 82 game schedule, I'll tough it out either way.

Have a few questions to throw out there for you guys was wondering if anyone pre ordered from gamestop and had/is having issues redeeming their hut pack code. Also any decision yet on what day we'll be starting the league? and one final question... anyone interested in playing a few friendlies?

#491 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Have a few questions to throw out there for you guys was wondering if anyone pre ordered from gamestop and had/is having issues redeeming their hut pack code.

Found something on the EA forums last night saying that they are still having issues getting the pre-order codes to work... No ETA on a fix.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#492 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Just got the game and it seems like it is a little harder than the demo.
Posted Image

#493 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

I'll be the Coyotes

Sounds good, man. I'll get you added to the OP.

http://forum.ea.com/...st/8849625.page

After reading this, I'm okay with having to play the full 82 game season. It seems like we can get through a season fairly quickly as long as the commish moves the schedule along. I'm completely fine with having to sim a bunch of games throughout the year as long as I don't have to do it all at once (ie. play first 30 games, be in 4th place, sim remaining games, miss the playoffs).

Personally I feel that we should play 2 weeks of the NHL schedule over the course of 5 days or so. It would probably be 5-6 games that we would play in 5 days. And you can sim your games against the CPU or the games that you don't have time to play.

I'm the type of player who probably won't play every day, but when I do play I'll sit down and play 3 or 4 games at a time. I really don't care how we format the season I just want to get started (after roster update) :)

Again, not to be a Debbie Downer, but this viewpoint is a bit idealistic. There's only 6 spots left in the league. There's not going to be that many CPU teams to sit down and bang out 3-4 games against. The timeframe you named is almost dead on. 2 weeks of schedule time needs to be about 5 days of real time. On average, you're going to have 6-7 games during that 2 week stretch. You'll probably be lucky if 2 of those games are against a CPU team.

So, you're going to have 5 games to play against human opponents in a 5 day span. I'm not saying it CAN'T be done. But no CAG league has ever operated at that speed before. Unless you're scheduling your entire 2 weeks in advance, and lining up times with each opponent, it's not going to happen. Even then, people have lives outside of video games. People have jobs, wives, kids, school, families, other responsibilities, etc.

I'm not saying this to make things sound all doom and gloom. But games are going to get simmed. You are right. The only way to get through it is for me to keep things moving. And that's what I'll have to do. I just don't want anybody thinking that they're going to get to play all their games (honestly, I think anyone even playing half will be a huge accomplishment).

If people don't accept that a lot of their games are going to get simmed, they're going to get frustrated. While this is our first real NHL league, I've run a lot of leagues for other sports games on CAG. Once it gets going, it's going to be a whirlwind. No game has ever taxed us with trying to keep this kind of pace before, so I really don't know what to expect. But as I said, I will keep the schedule moving...I just hope everybody can hang on.

I honestly have no preference about how you decided to deal with the 82 game schedule, I'll tough it out either way.

Have a few questions to throw out there for you guys was wondering if anyone pre ordered from gamestop and had/is having issues redeeming their hut pack code. Also any decision yet on what day we'll be starting the league? and one final question... anyone interested in playing a few friendlies?

We're going to wait on the lockout just to see if EA does another roster update. Once 9/16 hits, I'll probably get things set up and we can get started.

#494 twick87

twick87

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

how do the sims work anyways? can 1 guy sim and the other guy play against his team? I'm assuming both teams will be simmed, but I could be wrong...

#495 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

how do the sims work anyways? can 1 guy sim and the other guy play against his team? I'm assuming both teams will be simmed, but I could be wrong...

Well, people can set their team to have the CPU play for them...using the new "Build Your Own AI" feature (which basically amounts to "strategies"). That way, your opponent COULD play against the CPU for that game. But yeah, if a game is simmed entirely, the outcome is just decided by the game based on the skill of the team, the strategies the user set, etc.

#496 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

Unless I'm missing it I thought their would be a single player season. All I'm seeing seems to be single games and then playoff games. Also in HUT do you only have a number of times to renew the player's contract? I see nothing showing the number of games left for the player and number of times the contract can be renewed unless I'm missing it.
Posted Image

#497 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

They eliminated career lengths in HUT.

#498 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:59 AM

Well I'm looking forward to getting things going, just gotta wait for my TRU copy to get here :(

#499 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

They eliminated career lengths in HUT.

That's good. I was afraid it was like in the game I'm playing on my phone. I didn't want to build up a good team and then the max amount of contracts be used for a player and they retire. Also HUT needs a random name generator. It took me about 5 minutes to come up with a name that worked.

EDIT: I also have a player on my HUT team that is injured. I thought I read that they had to sit out for some games and when I go to add consumables I see for the healing cards it does say 2 games. I have had him sitting out more than the 2 games. So do I have to use the healing cards?

Edited by sendme, 13 September 2012 - 09:29 AM.

Posted Image

#500 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

Just a heads up, it looks like the code issues are fixed, so if you have one from a preorder at Gamestop or wherever, it should work now.

#501 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Copy from TRU came today. I guess I'll be keeping them in mind if they have decent sales. Receiving the game 2 days after the release date isn't bad.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#502 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

Copy from TRU came today. I guess I'll be keeping them in mind if they have decent sales. Receiving the game 2 days after the release date isn't bad.

Lucky! My TRU copy is estimated to get here Monday. For $15 off and free shipping its not bad, but I still kinda wish I had gone with Amazon for the $15 credit and boost packs.

#503 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

yea my tru copy hasn't left their warehouse yet.. but it's ok I went and snagged a copy from walmart yesterday. Then snagged a boost pack off ebay. Next year I'll just order from gamestop or bestbuy save myself all the hassle.

#504 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

Put me in for the panthers mr_hockey66 mr hockey66 everynight about 5-11 pn mon-Friday Saturday's and Sunday's any time.
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#505 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

Oh yeah, my availability is Friday and Sunday nights, some afternoons before 130 PM.

#506 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

I've been playing the GM mode and overall i think 13 sucks more than 12... i turned injuries all the way off and i still get injury after injury. Were talking a faster rate than the wings or Dipetro put together... the other real annoying bit is i made a 6'9 275lbs player for hitting and he's been hurt or pushed down more than hurt another player... WTF EA? I made an "all star" team to fool around and get used to the limits of the game. Ovie shouldn't be getting knocked down THAT easily, although him getting 13 min of penalty time in one game seems accurate...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#507 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:41 AM

Well, lockout is looking imminent. What's the dealio now commish? Im itchining to start this!

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#508 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:24 AM

Locked out. It would not surprise me if EA locks the game out to add realism to it.
Posted Image

#509 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:58 AM

Put me in for the panthers mr_hockey66 mr hockey66 everynight about 5-11 pn mon-Friday Saturday's and Sunday's any time.

Glad to have you join us, Mr Hockey! I'll get you added to the OP now.

Well, lockout is looking imminent. What's the dealio now commish? Im itchining to start this!

I'll probably get things set up sometime tomorrow. And then we'll see where this crazy journey takes us.

#510 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

I've been playing the GM mode and overall i think 13 sucks more than 12... i turned injuries all the way off and i still get injury after injury. Were talking a faster rate than the wings Crosby or Dipetro put together... the other real annoying bit is i made a 6'9 275lbs player for hitting and he's been hurt or pushed down more than hurt another player... WTF EA? I made an "all star" team to fool around and get used to the limits of the game. Ovie shouldn't be getting knocked down THAT easily, although him getting 13 min of penalty time in one game seems accurate...

Fixed... I don't know how you can say the Wings get hurt all the time. Last year they had 16 players with 68 or more games played. That's more than most of the other top teams can say. Their shit luck is that they all happen at the same time. With this past season being late in the season and the year before it was fairly early in the year.

Back on topic... Did anyone else feel like the most recent Tuner set nerfed the goalies a little bit? Another thing I noticed is that in online HUT matches it seems like the player speed was turned down quite a bit. I really hope they take away the ease of the bullshit wrister top shelf being an almost automatic goal. I swear that is the only way I get scored on in online HUT matches.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...