Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

Ok, cool. Glad we all seem to be on the same page. I do think using the real rosters will make things feel more authentic (especially when you factor in managing AHL clubs and whatnot). And for our first real franchise experience, that's something I'd like to have.

Well, we'll probably do like most leagues and wait on the first roster update (assuming there's a season). And worst comes to worst, you could trade for a better goalie. I'm sure Stamkos would generate some interest. ;)

Yeah waiting for the first update would be good.

#32 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

Honestly, a salary cap would be cool imho lol. Don't forget, I have LeCavalier (who I don't like), Teddy Purcell, Ryan Malone, Martin St. Louis, Benoit Pouliot, Victor Hedman, Keith Aulie, and Marc-Andre Bergeron. Damn, Looks like a stacked team! Lol

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#33 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

I haven't read anything too thoroughly, but my understanding of this whole "Connected" thing is that it's basically bringing everything from offline "Be A GM" online...so, I would assume that includes contracts and the salary cap. What EA's claiming to have done between Madden and NHL has supposedly made HUGE changes to the game (even with CPU teams trading amongst themselves and competing with you for prized free agents). We just have to hope everything works properly, lol

#34 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

I prefer real rosters as well.

#35 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

I'm also on the authentic type of game play as well. Keeping the real rosters brings that level of "arm chair GM" that we all as fans think we are. I know of a few guys that will be going on the block as soon as the league goes live.

As for the update, If i recall correctly EA does an update on release day to make the rosters the same as they are on September 11. How ever that may be the last update we see if there is a lock out so let hope that Bettman does whats best for the fans and not his ego and "legacy" (3 lockouts)

If there is no lockout, I suggest that we start the season a week after the NHL starts their regular season as that will give EA time to get all the rookies in the game as well.

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#36 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

As expected:

NHL 13 Demo drops August 21 (22nd on PSN in EU)! Blog coming shortly with more detail.

#37 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Nate beat me to it, but he didn't beat me to these!

http://www.reddit.co...brations_in_13/

http://sports.yahoo....39173--nhl.html

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#38 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

So I just read the link about no goal celebrations not being true. I just realized, Fuck that, I want to do celebrations any time I want during any break in play; this way, I can drop to a knee and punch the ref in the bails anytime I want.

#39 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

So I just read the link about no goal celebrations not being true. I just realized, Fuck that, I want to do celebrations any time I want during any break in play; this way, I can drop to a knee and punch the ref in the bails anytime I want.

LOL...yes, I support that. If I feel like riding my stick around after somebody commits a delay of game penalty, this should completely be possible.

EDIT - Wow...Rinne's rating went down a point from last year. So, he lost the cover vote to Giroux...and went down a point... Thanks EA... <3

Edited by n8rockerasu, 14 August 2012 - 06:21 PM.

#40 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

http://www.puckgamer...o-release-date/

Awesome! We get to see how the Moments work!

Vulcan7905.png

#41 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

Glad to see all the modes in the demo. Actually surprised "free skate" is in there. That'll give us a good chance to try out the new features and see what works and what feels weird. As for the NHL Moments, based on Madden, it'll probably be something like "The Coyotes have been pushed to the brink, down 3 games to 1, and heading into overtime in game 5. Win the game, force game 6, and keep the Coyotes Stanley Cup hopes alive." Or...it could be the same scenario but from the Kings perspective. They usually either want you to "recreate history" or "rewrite history".

#42 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

Glad to see all the modes in the demo. Actually surprised "free skate" is in there. That'll give us a good chance to try out the new features and see what works and what feels weird. As for the NHL Moments, based on Madden, it'll probably be something like "The Coyotes have been pushed to the brink, down 3 games to 1, and heading into overtime in game 5. Win the game, force game 6, and keep the Coyotes Stanley Cup hopes alive." Or...it could be the same scenario but from the Kings perspective. They usually either want you to "recreate history" or "rewrite history".

yeah I expect a similar setup for the Moments feature. Probably one of the few times I'm ever interested in a demo, lol

#43 wiz2020

wiz2020

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

I am signing up for the San Jose Sharks and hoping that my experience with NHL 11 will be enough to be competitive. The game hasn't changed too much right? Field Goals are still worth 4 points?

San Jose Sharks/Wiz2020/Demeo20/EST/???

#44 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

I am signing up for the San Jose Sharks and hoping that my experience with NHL 11 will be enough to be competitive. The game hasn't changed too much right? Field Goals are still worth 4 points?

San Jose Sharks/Wiz2020/Demeo20/EST/???

lol...you got it, man. Honestly, I'm not really sure what to expect in regards to the competitive nature of this franchise. I mean, there are a lot of people here who have spent a lot of time with the game over the past few years. But we've spent a majority of that time playing cooperatively. We did a few basic leagues, but they never really lasted long enough to get a good sense of who the "best" player was. So, really, this is a pioneering effort for everybody.

#45 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

All right, got an owner for Carolina. My buddy Jeremy is going to join us (he played OTP with a few of us one night, can't remember who all was on). He signed up for a CAG account this morning and plays NHL 12 a lot, so he'll be a good addition to the league.

Trying my best to fill all the teams, haha. :)

#46 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

This might be a stupid question, but how many games are we going to be playing a season?

#47 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

That's actually a great question. It is so good, I don't really have an answer, lol. I'm trying to remember what they said in one of the videos...I think you can condense the season all the way down to like 20 games or something (since it's based off the real schedule). To me, I'd be nervous to do much more than 20. Even if we had an owner for all 30 teams, if the idea is to do multiple seasons, we can't have each season taking too long. Whatever the shortest option is (unless it's like a 10 game season) would probably be the best.

#48 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

Ok, that was what I was hoping. 20-30 sounds perfect, especially once you factor in the playoffs.

#49 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

20 sounds good to me.

#50 twick87

twick87

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

Just sent you a PM, I'll play as the Buffalo Sabres. 20-30 games sounds good too.

#51 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

Just sent you a PM, I'll play as the Buffalo Sabres. 20-30 games sounds good too.

Awesome! The Sabres are yours. Man, the Eastern Conference is filling up, haha.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#52 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

I'll take the Red Wings.

I can play usually any night of the week after 8 or 9 EST, Sunday's I'm very flexible. Only days in the fall I can't play are Saturdays. But you can PM me or send an XBox message, I'll always see if I'm free to play any other time.

#53 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

I'll take the Red Wings.

I can play usually any night of the week after 8 or 9 EST, Sunday's I'm very flexible. Only days in the fall I can't play are Saturdays. But you can PM me or send an XBox message, I'll always see if I'm free to play any other time.

Great! Glad to see another Western Conference pick. The Eastern Conference was starting to pull ahead a bit.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#54 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

Ya know, I can't believe Magicking hasn't come in here yet to take Vancouver. I even PM'd him and everything. Weird.

#55 TheSportsGamer23

TheSportsGamer23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

I know that the custom season lengths have been thrown out which I am fine with playing 20-30 but I was doing some research and it seems like there isnt a option to play less. It has to be an 82 game season.

http://www.gameinfor...ected-mode.aspx

Some folks on OS also displaying they are upset that there isnt an option
http://www.operation...-gm-mode-3.html

#56 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

Wow. I mean, I'm up for trying a real full-length season, but I'm not too hopeful people will follow through as well.

At least the commish has the power to basically keep things moving.

#57 TheSportsGamer23

TheSportsGamer23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Wow. I mean, I'm up for trying a real full-length season, but I'm not too hopeful people will follow through as well.

At least the commish has the power to basically keep things moving.

Yeah, the fact that you have to play all your games within the time period that is set should keep it moving rather quickly.

I could see people getting burnt out, but yet again there is a chance that we will not have all 30 controlled user teams, therefore some games vs the CPU can be played easily

#58 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

It's all speculation right now though. I could be wrong but, I think EA lowered the games. I think they put 82 just as a example for hardcore people.

Vulcan7905.png

#59 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

The option is also there if the GM is not available to play the game but against the CPU in place of the GM (with consent of course). That works well for the vaction times, as well if life gets busy with assignments, projects, children and such.

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#60 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

All right, now you guys are going to make me dig up the video, lol. I know they said you could do shorter than 82 games. There's no way they could be that short-sighted. That's a stretch even for EA, lol.

EDIT - Ok, so far, I found this from Reddit:

http://www.reddit.co...sk_me_anything/

Schnaikka
Can you choose how many games that will be played in one season? I mean if there's a league with 30 human managers, I imagine that getting 82 games played will take quite some time.

KidShowtime
Yup, you have options here. I don't believe it's a custom setting, but rather a selection. I don't know the exact selections, but something like 16-30-50-82 games per season.

EDIT 2

Well, I went back and watched the GM Connected "Dive Deep" video, and it didn't say anything specifically about changing the length of the season. The main thing they focused on was adjusting how much of the schedule is playable at one time. There was a menu shot that showed that (0:49), but it was also listed under "quick settings", so who knows. Really, unless this guy on Reddit is just completely full of crap (which would be pretty bad because he's allegedly a tester or something and has been answering people's questions for a while now), hopefully we can shorten the season.

IF we can't, I feel like we'd almost need to break the season down into the number of games that we want (ie. 82 / 4 = 20.5...so 21 games). If we had the schedule showing 4 days at a time, then people would only need to play one of those games. It would just get really confusing factoring in CPU games, users that have already played, etc...which is why I'm really hoping EA isn't dumb enough to force us to try to manage something like that. If they really think just being able to sim games is the answer to an 82 game schedule, I'd like to know how they think you should handle teams that want to play every game vs teams that barely show up, when the latter team makes the playoffs because the AI won all their games for them. Really hoping these reports aren't true because it's going to create unnecessary work on our part to keep things fair.

Edited by n8rockerasu, 16 August 2012 - 07:07 PM.