Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#691 Panther1484

Panther1484

Hail to Pitt!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

Figures that Captain Obvious and I are having an awesome back-and-forth game capped off with a wild OT period...and I lose connection to the EA server right before the shootout. Bullshit. :(

Nate is there anyway you can input game results if we would just play a shootout online and then award the win to that team?

#692 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

This...

I'm calling Montreal my early favourite to take the cup in GM Connected...

Pretty sure he won one of our leagues in NHL 11

#693 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Figures that Captain Obvious and I are having an awesome back-and-forth game capped off with a wild OT period...and I lose connection to the EA server right before the shootout. Bullshit. :(

Nate is there anyway you can input game results if we would just play a shootout online and then award the win to that team?

Nope. As stated in the disconnect policy in the OP, you just have to take it on the chin...because that's how EA likes it.

#694 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Nope. As stated in the disconnect policy in the OP, you just have to take it on the chin...because that's how EA likes it.

I think you have your body parts confused.

#695 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

Rangers 4, Sharks 1

Rick Nash scores twice and henrik lundqvist falls 30 seconds short of a shutout. Rangers benefit from from a odd goal again, as the puck goes in off a defenseman while niemi lunges the other way to stop the one-timer in front. Gg Sharks!

#696 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

I messaged Captain Obviou5 (who was away) on XBL. Hoping to get our game in tonight. Other than that, I only have the CPU teams- Toronto and Calgary.

#697 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

I think you have your body parts confused.

Not on special occasions.

#698 redshadow

redshadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

Yeah, the other guy never joined, so I'm fine with you taking them. Just accepted your join request. You're a little behind, but you might be able to get in a few games in this first set before the 9/24 deadline. Just make sure you read through the general rules and policies in the OP. Welcome aboard!

He's a friend of mine. He's on XBL fairly often, so you might want to try messaging him on there. I told him you were trying to get in touch with him though, so hopefully you guys can get something set up. He mentioned possibly playing demeo tomorrow, so maybe you can get in on that too.

Cool, just to update my availability, I'm on the west coast so PST and I'm usually available any weekday after 6, except Thursdays. Anytime on Saturday...Sunday depends on whether I watch football with the bros or not.

#699 IndoAssassin

IndoAssassin

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Hi, I would like to join the league as well here is my info:

Winnipeg Jets | IndoAssassin | IndoAssassin | Pacific | Anyday except Tuesday, and Wednesday or other day that I get called into work.

#700 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

Pretty sure he won one of our leagues in NHL 11

Definitely wasn't me... This is my first CAG league with the exception of a brief stint in Madden 10 but just didn't have the availability not to mention it was more of a tryout. I jumped into it as a replacement owner of the Bengals who had been pretty much been sold up the river by the previous owner. Other than that, I have been playing the NHL games since I think 09 and was put on the EASHL roster but never played a game.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#701 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

Definitely wasn't me... This is my first CAG league with the exception of a brief stint in Madden 10 but just didn't have the availability not to mention it was more of a tryout. I jumped into it as a replacement owner of the Bengals who had been pretty much been sold up the river by the previous owner. Other than that, I have been playing the NHL games since I think 09 and was put on the EASHL roster but never played a game.

My mistake.

#702 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

My mistake.

Yeah, I think you're thinking of ajh. I'm pretty sure he won one of the leagues we actually completed, haha.

But I think predicting a champion a few games into the season is a little silly. I started out 0-2, losing to the Avs and Red Wings. But now I'm 2-2, shutting out both the Kings and Penguins. Does that mean I'm awesome all of a sudden? Nope. Just means it was my turn. We'll see where the dust settles after 82 games.

#703 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

Is there a specific time tomorrow you plan to advance us? I still haven't heard back from Captain Obviou5.

#704 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

It will be late. The idea was to give people THROUGH tomorrow to get those games in. It could even be early Tuesday morning depending on how late I'm up.

#705 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

Okay, well it turns out I have 2 games vs. Captain Obv. so I hope he gets back to me. I also am set to play Ninjas in a Box. I messaged him on XBL, but he's been offline for a half hour.

#706 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

I played the CPU Flames, and they somehow got 3 shots by Jonathan Quick in the first period. It was something like 3 of their first 5-6 shots. I ended up losing 3-2.

#707 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

I'm sure Rob will update the thread with our game. It was so back and forth that it was a true hockey game. Probably one of the best I'll play all season. As I told Rob, I always pull goalie in the last minute if I'm down by 1. There is no difference if you lose by one or two in hockey. A loss is a loss. Probably a mentality we should get for EASHL.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#708 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

Played a great game with Gary. Won 4-2 but that wasn't indicative of the game. A better goals and Gary wins easy. He controlled play really well.

#709 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Avengers Assemble!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

I agree with pulling the goalie. I do the same. Why not? What have you got to lose.
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#710 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

I need to play New Jersey to wrap on my slate, any time you can play tonight?

#711 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

Nate, can you contact Ninjas In A Box for me? He responded last night on Live, but he didn't say when he could play and he even asked me how to find the schedule. I'm kind of worried... I'd like to play all my games. I still have 1 with him and then 2 with Captain OBVIOU5. Cap did message me back last night saying his wife had put him to work and that maybe we could play today.

#712 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Anybody who needs to play the Canucks I should be on around 11:00 est.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#713 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Nate, can you contact Ninjas In A Box for me? He responded last night on Live, but he didn't say when he could play and he even asked me how to find the schedule. I'm kind of worried... I'd like to play all my games. I still have 1 with him and then 2 with Captain OBVIOU5. Cap did message me back last night saying his wife had put him to work and that maybe we could play today.

Hey Matt, sorry again about the delay yesterday. I should know after eight years of chains that a "free" Sunday really means "I'm going to work your ass off today" I will be on later tonight after 9:00pm mtn.

For Vancouver / Anaheim / San Jose if you are around tonight I will be as well.

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#714 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

Anybody who needs to play the Canucks I should be on around 11:00 est.

I'll look for you when i get on tonight ajh.

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#715 wiz2020

wiz2020

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

I will look for you Captain, I got a game with Ninjas at 8 EST and will look for you afterwards. I will probably switch to FIFA if you are not there close to 8 and then switch back when you can play

Speaking of FIFA anyone here playing FIFA 13 and looking for a Club to join? Send me a PM if you are interested, we have like 5-6 guys who play right now but its always rotating who is around when

#716 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

I'm available all day for flyers games.

#717 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

Flyersfan, you are my last game. I will be around most of the day as well, but it still shows the flyers as a CPU team.

#718 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

I'm available all day for flyers games.

Flyers fan if you are around either between 6-8 EST or after 8:30 EST I could play you tonight too. Same goes for Ninjas (if anybody talks to him on XBL please pass this along since I'm at work)

#719 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

Really? Thought I joined, though i did get disconnected a bunch of times before I eventually got through. Router issue is all fixed though, I'll join next time i sign on.

Darktower anytime after 6 eastern works for me now, I have to watch my nephew for a couple hours.

Gamerdude, how about 9 pm?

#720 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

If I could play Ninjas In A Box right after Demeo does, that would work great timing-wise. Cap, I'm not sure I'll be on at 9 P.M. Mountain time. Been getting to sleep early and waking up early, and am used to Central time. I fell asleep around 7 P.M. pacific/8 P.M. Mountain last night.