Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#721 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Darktower anytime after 6 eastern works for me now, I have to watch my nephew for a couple hours.

Okay, a little after 6 EST works for me.

#722 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

Okay, a little after 6 EST works for me.

Sounds good, I'll be on around 6.

#723 twick87

twick87

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

If anyone needs a defenseman or a winger, I'm open to trades. I could use a good center. I'll also deal draft picks.

#724 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

If anyone needs a defenseman or a winger, I'm open to trades. I could use a good center. I'll also deal draft picks.

Proposing

Tampa - V. Lecavalier

Buffalo - T. Meyers

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#725 twick87

twick87

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

Proposing

Tampa - V. Lecavalier

Buffalo - T. Meyers

Sorry, I should've clarified that. Not trading Myers or Ehrhoff.

#726 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

Sorry, I should've clarified that. Not trading Myers or Ehrhoff.

In works

Edited by Vulcan2422, 24 September 2012 - 09:13 PM.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#727 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

I'd be interested in Vinny

#728 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

So I guess I joined another league before, no idea how that happened.

I have to wait until Nate approves me so I can play. If he can't gt on by say 9 pm feel free to play my CPU.

#729 redshadow

redshadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

I'd be interested in Vinny

Replied to your PM

#730 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

So I guess I joined another league before, no idea how that happened.

I have to wait until Nate approves me so I can play. If he can't gt on by say 9 pm feel free to play my CPU.

Noted. I'll be on around 9 as well so I'll look for ya

EDIT: I PMed Ninjas again as well asking to play tonight, if I havent heard from him by say 10 PM EST is it okay to just play the CPU?

#731 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

Accepted your join request. You are in.

Noted. I'll be on around 9 as well so I'll look for ya

EDIT: I PMed Ninjas again as well asking to play tonight, if I havent heard from him by say 10 PM EST is it okay to just play the CPU?

It would be ok if this game hadn't been programmed by a bunch of mongoloids. I feel like a broken record always comparing NHL to Madden, but again..."unlike in Madden", I can't switch people to "auto pilot".

The decision to allow the CPU to play for you has to be made on a game by game basis by each individual team owner. Yeah, so...if your opponent wouldn't mind letting you play the CPU, he has to load up NHL and choose to allow the CPU to play that game... At that point, he might as well just play it himself.

The only way I could do it is to boot the person from the league and have them rejoin later. And sorry...but that's just too much work to juggle for 24 teams over an 82 game season. If it could be done from the website...or the app (if the app was made for Android, since I don't have iOS), I'd be ok with it. But having to load up the game that many times and go through those menu screens would make me want to throw myself infront of a bus.

It really blows my mind how poorly this mode was put together, and that the Madden team was able to come up with better ideas and have more common sense. What's even more crazy is that Madden's Connected Careers are far from perfect and have numerous goofs of their own. But NHL's are just still much much worse. The NHL team should really be embarrassed.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#732 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Good game Dark.

You injured Briere for 46 games on that check in the first minute of the game:bomb::bomb:

#733 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Just had a game with Flyersfan that was the opposite of my game with Nate. This time Fleury was the one who stood on his head and Bryzgalov jumped out of the way on a penalty shot. Penguins win 3-0, in a game with some pretty bad lag.

Sorry about Briere, that is one of the things I don't get. I have gotten a lot bigger hits where the guy skates away and then that one hurts him for 50 games.

#734 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

I understand that. However, I've sent multiple PM's to this user over the last few days, other users have had trouble reaching him as well (Matt Young has commented on that in this thread), and it just seems a little silly that the game would have to be completely simmed when one user is willing, able, and trying to communicate time for setting up a match and could just play the CPU instead. I'm not trying to rag on Ninjas here since I know things come up, but he hasnt communicated anything here. Just my $.02.

You can't play the CPU unless the other team enables it though. So there's not much that can actually be done from Nate's perspective. I'm not sure you can actually play the CPU unless the other team has enabled it.

I already set the Rangers up so that the Sabres could play the CPU tonight. Same goes for the Devils I suppose, since tonight is the deadline.

#735 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

It could be due to being up for about 16 hours, but am I reading correctly that if one player has it simulated it is then simulated for both players? I thought one team would just be the CPU and the other be the player.
Posted Image

#736 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

It could be due to being up for about 16 hours, but am I reading correctly that if one player has it simulated it is then simulated for both players? I thought one team would just be the CPU and the other be the player.

No. When you go to select a game, there is a second option that enables the CPU to play for you. That's why you set up your AI file or whatever it's called.

#737 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

You can't play the CPU unless the other team enables it though. So there's not much that can actually be done from Nate's perspective. I'm not sure you can actually play the CPU unless the other team has enabled it.

I already set the Rangers up so that the Sabres could play the CPU tonight. Same goes for the Devils I suppose, since tonight is the deadline.

Oh okay, guess I didn't understand how that worked. I know you can set up your own AI but I thought that if the other user didnt enable it you would just play the standard CPU. My mistake.

#738 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

Oh okay, guess I didn't understand how that worked. I know you can set up your own AI but I thought that if the other user didnt enable it you would just play the standard CPU. My mistake.

I didn't see an option to play the AI, so my understanding of things is that it has to be enabled. That's what I had to do for tonight. I'd imagine playing an unowned team would be different of course.

#739 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

Sendme, think you can get out game in tonight?

Also, ouch on Briere

#740 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

I didn't see an option to play the AI, so my understanding of things is that it has to be enabled. That's what I had to do for tonight. I'd imagine playing an unowned team would be different of course.

Yeah you are correct I just looked at it myself. Guess I'll just wait and see if he gets back to me tonight otherwise I'll enable sim before I go to bed.

Flyersfan I'm on now, just sent you an XBL request too.

#741 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

Yup, this is correct. As I said, the Madden team did a far better job handling this, as the commissioner has the power to set any team to "auto pilot" whenever they want...which makes this issues moot. I agree that Ninjas needs to be more active. But this is also the first week of a brand new game mode. Lets ease off the throttle a bit.

In all honesty, one could raise the argument that one person playing all 82 of their games just because they have the free time is "unfair". In that regard, people who have jobs, wives, kids, etc. are being punished for not being able to sit at their Xbox all day and play 10 games of NHL vs the CPU. But this is the shithole of a system that EA gave us to sort out this year. None of the decisions are easy...and we can only do the best we can.

#742 TheSportsGamer23

TheSportsGamer23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:57 AM

I hate to do this a week into the season but I think I am going to have to leave the league. I am not going to be able to put the time into it as I thought I was going to earlier when I joined. On top of that, I cannot connect to a game. It took moojuice and I nearly 30 minutes to figure it out and I do not want to slow things down by having this happen on a consistent basis. Same thing happened to me last year in the Madden league. The internet here at my school is a hit or miss, and well it has failed again.

I will leave the league when I get back home tonight or if someone wants to do it before I get to it, so be it. Sorry again gents. Hopefully 1 day Ill be able to participate in a league on CAG.

#743 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:03 AM

Yeah you are correct I just looked at it myself. Guess I'll just wait and see if he gets back to me tonight otherwise I'll enable sim before I go to bed.

Flyersfan I'm on now, just sent you an XBL request too.

I didn't get it, just sent you one. I'm in the menu for the ame now.

#744 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

Gg Gamerdude. He and I went into a shoot out. Ended up winning 3-2.

I didn't trust bryzgalov at all after your second goal so i never passed out lol

#745 twick87

twick87

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

Just lost a 14 round shootout to the CPU. Fuck my life.

#746 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

Gg Gamerdude. He and I went into a shoot out. Ended up winning 3-2.

I didn't trust bryzgalov at all after your second goal so i never passed out lol

gg Flyersfan!

lol yeah, Seguin got pretty lucky both goals. Only issue this game was some lag, which messed me up on the shootout and ended up in me wasting Bergeron...but otherwise a great game!

#747 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

Just lost a 14 round shootout to the CPU. Fuck my life.

Shootouts are insane this year. I had to pull a quadruple deke just to have Nugent-Hopkins beat some Minor League goalie in HUT.

#748 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

Just had a game with Sendme, Halak was ridiculously solid up until the 3rd then he just started letting everything in, momentum really kills goalies it seems.. one stinker he let in was this bad boy http://www.easports....video/136473688

#749 redshadow

redshadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

Just had a game with DestroVega. Solid game. Kinda bummed that Marty Brodeur got beat once or twice on the high glove side and put me in a 3-0 hole in the first period, especially considering one of them was an unscreened shot from the high slot. Picked up a goal in each period after that, and had a few craaaaazy second-and-third chance plays.

2-3 Caps. Fun stuff!

#750 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

Just had a game with DestroVega. Solid game. Kinda bummed that Marty Brodeur got beat once or twice on the high glove side and put me in a 3-0 hole in the first period, especially considering one of them was an unscreened shot from the high slot. Picked up a goal in each period after that, and had a few craaaaazy second-and-third chance plays.

2-3 Caps. Fun stuff!

The goalies are just totally random like that. You just have to tell yourself that you'll get it back in a different game. I know I already have, as after barely cracking a 70% save percentage in my first 2 games, Rinne has reeled off 3 straight shut outs. It's really just luck of the draw.