Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#751 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

Yeah my goalie also gave up the first shot on goal up 3-0 with 17 shots

#752 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

This game on Superstar... I don't know what to think. Had a HUT match earlier where I held the Pens to 3 shots through 2. Then in the 3rd they had 10. Win 3-0. Next game goalie gives up the first three to which I end up getting 4 unanswered in the 2nd and 3rd.

#753 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:01 AM

This game on Superstar... I don't know what to think. Had a HUT match earlier where I held the Pens to 3 shots through 2. Then in the 3rd they had 10. Win 3-0. Next game goalie gives up the first three to which I end up getting 4 unanswered in the 2nd and 3rd.

It's an EA game. Have you ever played Madden on All-Madden difficulty? Somehow, you're the only team that ever fumbles, your WRs drop passes left and right, the AI's defenders are psychic, and their RBs bounce off every tackle. EA doesn't know how to make a game play harder. They just know how to make it cheat more.

#754 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:02 AM

Proposed trade from Twick:

Colorado:
Paul Stasny/C/26/85/6.7mill

Buffalo:
Ville Leino/C/29/81/4.5mill
Andrej Sekera/D/26/82/2.75mill

Colorado gives up 1st line center for 2nd/3rd line center and depth at D.

#755 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

Also, im looking for some 3rd/4th line wingers who ideally fill a playmaker/power forward/sniper role.

Duchene, Landeskog, and Varly are staying on my team 100%.

#756 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:07 AM

Also, im looking for some 3rd/4th line wingers who ideally fill a playmaker/power forward/sniper role.

Duchene, Landeskog, and Varly are staying on my team 100%.

What are you looking to move?

#757 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:12 AM

Just had a game with Sendme, Halak was ridiculously solid up until the 3rd then he just started letting everything in, momentum really kills goalies it seems.. one stinker he let in was this bad boy http://www.easports....video/136473688

He let another one in that I'm still trying to figure out. From the angle I saw of another goal Halak stopped it then slid to his left and the puck slid into the net. Fun game though.

I have the 360 app for my Android so if someone sends me a message on live I will see it some time that day as long as you send it to my live account. Should be a little easier setting up times to play with me checking that when I can than logging into live.

EDIT:

I hate to do this a week into the season but I think I am going to have to leave the league. I am not going to be able to put the time into it as I thought I was going to earlier when I joined. On top of that, I cannot connect to a game. It took moojuice and I nearly 30 minutes to figure it out and I do not want to slow things down by having this happen on a consistent basis. Same thing happened to me last year in the Madden league. The internet here at my school is a hit or miss, and well it has failed again.

I will leave the league when I get back home tonight or if someone wants to do it before I get to it, so be it. Sorry again gents. Hopefully 1 day Ill be able to participate in a league on CAG.

I was having some lag myself. Nothing to bad like it sounds like you have. The game would just seem like it was paused and unpaused quickly. Didn't seem like it was anything to change the game.
Posted Image

#758 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:15 AM

If anyone is looking for a solid fourth-line center, I'd like to move either Rupp or Halpern for a similar rated right winger.

#759 TheSportsGamer23

TheSportsGamer23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:23 AM

I was having some lag myself. Nothing to bad like it sounds like you have. The game would just seem like it was paused and unpaused quickly. Didn't seem like it was anything to change the game.

Yeah. Its pretty crazy on my end. I cannot even get to the ready screen the connection is so bad.

#760 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

Really anyone on my 3rd or 4th line are fair game.

I might have a hard time parting with O'Reiley as I feel he has long term potential, but I'm really just looking to mix up my line structure for those two lines because they feel too much like enforcer/grinder lines.

#761 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

Proposed trade from Twick:

Colorado:
Paul Stasny/C/26/85/6.7mill

Buffalo:
Ville Leino/C/29/81/4.5mill
Andrej Sekera/D/26/82/2.75mill

Colorado gives up 1st line center for 2nd/3rd line center and depth at D.

Seems like two pretty solid players coming from Buffalo. Maybe Colorado could throw in a late round draft pick to give it a little more balance?

#762 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:33 AM

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been very active on here and most of all, active with GM connected. Working 6 days, wife and kid...so much going on. I had the hardest time trying to figure out GM connected and who's who on which team. Had a buddy of mine( who is also in a league) tell me what I needed to do. I want to say good game to the 4 guys I played tonight. Every guy made it challenging, nerve racking at times but still fun. Coming from playing so many eashl games to GM connected was definitely a transition. I'll try to be more active on here and again I apologize.

#763 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

Can we add player types to things we need to post? Sounds strange, I know, but I feel there is a difference between an 81 playmaker and an 81 grinder.

#764 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been very active on here and most of all, active with GM connected. Working 6 days, wife and kid...so much going on. I had the hardest time trying to figure out GM connected and who's who on which team. Had a buddy of mine( who is also in a league) tell me what I needed to do. I want to say good game to the 4 guys I played tonight. Every guy made it challenging, nerve racking at times but still fun. Coming from playing so many eashl games to GM connected was definitely a transition. I'll try to be more active on here and again I apologize.

Very classy. That's what this league is all about. I found it kind of funny that people were scrambling to play so many games the day of the deadline, but I definitely appreciate the effort from everyone.

Like I've been saying (probably too much), the system EA gave us is far from perfect. But if we work together, I still think we can have a lot of fun with it. Right now, we have 24 teams in here...and we have some people making a real effort to play all of their games. That says a lot to me. We're all here because we love hockey. And right now...sadly, this is the only hockey we have. We WILL raise our own Stanley Cup, dammit! :twoguns:
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#765 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

3-3-1 after 7, I can't complain.

#766 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Very classy. That's what this league is all about. I found it kind of funny that people were scrambling to play so many games the day of the deadline, but I definitely appreciate the effort from everyone.

Like I've been saying (probably too much), the system EA gave us is far from perfect. But if we work together, I still think we can have a lot of fun with it. Right now, we have 24 teams in here...and we have some people making a real effort to play all of their games. That says a lot to me. We're all here because we love hockey. And right now...sadly, this is the only hockey we have. We WILL raise our own Stanley Cup, dammit! :twoguns:

Ron Burgundy taught me the ways of staying classy and for that I thank him.

#767 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

Seems like two pretty solid players coming from Buffalo. Maybe Colorado could throw in a late round draft pick to give it a little more balance?

Could do that, but I don't feel it's too much off to begin with to necessitate that. Stasny is a player with a lot of potential still (4.5 stars iirc in this game iirc). Leino is a comparable, but lower rated skater, and Sekera is someone who is already maxed as far as potential goes, so I get what I get with him. If anything, Colorado comes out a little bit ahead, and adding the Draft just"evens it out" a bit so it's 100% on both sides of the table.

If anything, I'd be concerned about the cap hit Stasny has... Feel it's a tad bit high to be taking on, but as long as he produces #1 center numbers, it shouldn't be an issue

#768 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Ninjas In A Box, sorry again for last night. Hopefully that's all sorted out after our XBL messages, and I'm glad to have you in the league.

The good news: I got in all my games and had a rather nice conversation with Captain OBVIOU5.

The bad news: I'm 1-5-0. I've been shut out in 3 of those losses.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#769 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

Yeah. Its pretty crazy on my end. I cannot even get to the ready screen the connection is so bad.

After playing an offline HUT game I noticed it might be my 360 that was lagging at times. Today I saw the system do a quick pause before goals were made. This was offline and didn't matter what side made the goal.

Also I'm free all day. I will be cleaning my shed in the next hour or so but I will have my phone on me so I can sing into live and check for a message. Just let me know when a good time is today to play.

I'm not liking the fact that I don't have a book for the game. Some of the option I don't understand. I don't get what the default, normal, casual, rookie, all stare, and pro settings. I know one set is difficulty but the options under them I don't get. Also do I need to set anything up for when people have to simulate our game because I can't play that week?
Posted Image

#770 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

If anyone needs a goalie, I am open to moving Vokoun.

#771 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Could do that, but I don't feel it's too much off to begin with to necessitate that. Stasny is a player with a lot of potential still (4.5 stars iirc in this game iirc). Leino is a comparable, but lower rated skater, and Sekera is someone who is already maxed as far as potential goes, so I get what I get with him. If anything, Colorado comes out a little bit ahead, and adding the Draft just"evens it out" a bit so it's 100% on both sides of the table.

If anything, I'd be concerned about the cap hit Stasny has... Feel it's a tad bit high to be taking on, but as long as he produces #1 center numbers, it shouldn't be an issue

I agree as well, I was looking into Similar deal. Damn the salary caps though. Vinny is at 7 Mill which means people have to free up that cap space just for him.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#772 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

How many years do the players have left on their deals?

#773 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

If anyone needs a goalie, I am open to moving Vokoun.

What are you looking for?

#774 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

I'll have to double check. I believe Stasny has 3, Leino has 2 (if not, it's the other way around), and I think Sekera was 5.

#775 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

This is just awesome.

http://sports.yahoo....00466--nhl.html

One more for the day.

Edited by Vulcan2422, 25 September 2012 - 08:18 PM.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#776 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Avengers Assemble!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

Ron Burgundy taught me the ways of staying classy and for that I thank him.

^ I'm so sweety cause I just did 1000 pushups.

I can be on tonight if anyone needs panther games. I haven't seen the new week yet.
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#777 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

Was Indoassassin going to be taking over Winnipeg?

Also anyone interested in Suter? I'd preferably like to see a D man and at least a 2nd line FWD coming back my way for him.

#778 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

What are you looking for?

I will have to look at your roster. Then I will PM you.

#779 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

After seeing that Hercules check I had to try it out. So satisfying checking Crosby over the glass 5 rows deep.

#780 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

Wow wtf EA, seriously, Fuck off. In that myth buster video, second to last one is showing that you can knock the puck loose by diving at the goalie. When he has it covered. It was fixed by a patch last year it it works again this year? What. The. Actual. Flying. Fuck.