Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#781 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

Might want to add to OP Nate, that is douchebaggery right there.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#782 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

I'm not surprised at all. Look at the goalie throwing out themselves the past two years after they patched that earlier too. It's what EA does best, screw up stuff they already fixed.

#783 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

Ninjas In A Box, sorry again for last night. Hopefully that's all sorted out after our XBL messages, and I'm glad to have you in the league.

The good news: I got in all my games and had a rather nice conversation with Captain OBVIOU5.

The bad news: I'm 1-5-0. I've been shut out in 3 of those losses.

Hey Matt, its all good. Don't even sweat it and thanks, I'm glad to be in the league.:)

#784 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

Yeah, guess I'll have to add "don't dive at the goalie" as a douchebag move, since EA couldn't figure out how to keep it out of their game again...:wall:

Also, we have advanced to our second set of games. So, everybody has a fresh set to play again. I'm putting a deadline on this one of 9/29! So, get crackin fellas!
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#785 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

Here's my schedule. I wrote down everyone's gamertags in order to message on XBL.

Phoenix
St. Louis (twice)
Minnesota
NY Islanders (CPU)

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#786 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

Captain Obvious
Cabanana
Ajh

I'm free all day tomorrow. Then after 4 PM Thursday and Friday.

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#787 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

I'm not surprised at all. Look at the goalie throwing out themselves the past two years after they patched that earlier too. It's what EA does best, screw up stuff they already fixed.

I have to say, I really like that as a potential new slogan for EA

"EA Sports: Just Because We Fixed Something, Don't Think We Can't Fuck It Up Again!"

#788 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

Well, Twick's proposal is gone from my inbox, so dont know if it expired or he withdrew it...

Demeo: We got 3 games this block... you want to try playing them all? Or maybe mix up...like I play one against your CPU, you play one against mine, one against each other, etc.

Captain Obvious: I noticed you already set ours to CPU, so I am assuming you wont be able to play ours?

Sendme: We got another matchup...any preferred time?

AJH: Seems like we are usually on at the same point fairly oftern, message me if you see me on, ill do the same

Nate: Pudding.

#789 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

Nate: Pudding.

*nods*

#790 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

sent PM's to my opponents this week (Twick, Canbanana,Destro,Panther1484,and HomelessGamer) to set up times.

On another note, Bruins remain winless after losing to the Islanders 2-0 despite outshooting them. Was a tight game 1-0 until late in the 3rd when the Islanders scored on a breakaway. I should be used to the CPU superhero goalies, but its still frustrating to watch them look like Olympic gymnasts in net while Thomas let in another one right through his legs.

#791 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

Honestly, I love this league but this game is bullshit with a capital B. So Jets get a penalty and I shoot after offsides, CPU gets mad and literally pushes my player into the goalie after the whistle and I get a interference call. I couldn't even control him to move away. I'm so god damn frustrated with this game already. It's becoming my NHL 11 all over again. Not good to say the least.

Edit - Gets better, AI Jets goalie throws it into the crowd for no delay of game. I'm so flabbergasted right now. Did the roster update bring in the replacement NFL refs?

Vulcan7905.png

#792 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:02 AM

did we decide how CPU trades are going to be handled as I got a fairly juicy offer from Calgary...?

GamerDude316 - replied to your msg
Matt Young - Let me know when you are free
Vulcan2422 - I should be on tomorrow off and on I'll msg you on Xbox letting you know once I talk to my wife if she has me doing anything.

Basically if i'm online on NHL just shoot me a msg I can usually put down whatever I'm doing and play. So don't be scared to msg me.

#793 IndoAssassin

IndoAssassin

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

Hi, I would like to join the league as well here is my info:

Winnipeg Jets | IndoAssassin | IndoAssassin | Pacific | Anyday except Tuesday, and Wednesday or other day that I get called into work.

Are you still accepting new players?

#794 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

Yes, we are! I'm sorry. I meant to reply to your first post. It's just been a crazy week...and it's just getting started, lol. I'll get you added to the OP though. You'll have to search for the league in the game and send a join request though, as they only let me send invitations when the league is created.

Just search for "CAGLS No Hockey League".

#795 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

Just please be active on here to communicate, or at least xbl. That's my fear with your join date and post count, as we are one of the top google pages if you search any combination of "NHL 13 gm connected league"

#796 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:07 AM

Just started a CPU game against the Senators and boy do I have a doozy of a highlight already. I'll show later.

#797 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:23 AM

Just started a CPU game against the Senators and boy do I have a doozy of a highlight already. I'll show later.

Waiting on pins and needles.

Vulcan7905.png

#798 twick87

twick87

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

Well, Twick's proposal is gone from my inbox, so dont know if it expired or he withdrew it...

I didn't withdraw it, and I still want to do the deal. so has it been approved by everyone? i haven't read that anyone rejected it so Im assuming its good to go. ill repost the info here:

Buffalo receives: C Paul Statsny (85 overall, 26 years old, 6.7mil cap hit, 2 years)

Colorado receves: C Ville Leino (81 overall, 29 years old, 4.5 mil cap hit, 5 years)
D Andrej Sekera (82 overall, 26 years old, 2.75 mil cap hit, 3 years)

#799 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

Waiting on pins and needles.

http://www.easports....video/136615679

#800 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

Ha Ha, I stick by my previous question Rob, roster update bring the NFL refs over?

Vulcan7905.png

#801 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

Ha Ha, I stick by my previous question Rob, roster update bring the NFL refs over?

That was the first thing I thought of on that play.

#802 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:52 AM

wow he was injured 29 games.. ouch.

#803 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

I was offered by Calgary:

Winger J. Iginla (85 overall, 35 yrs old, 7mil, 1 yrs left)

For

2013 1rst round draft pick
+
Def. T.Cuma (67 overall, 22 yrs old, 0.970m, 1 YR RFA)

If I accept the trade will it go through?

#804 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:02 AM

wow he was injured 29 games.. ouch.

Yeah that was rough.

#805 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

So Calgary is cashing out on Iginla? One would assume they'd get more, no?

#806 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

Just please be active on here to communicate, or at least xbl. That's my fear with your join date and post count, as we are one of the top google pages if you search any combination of "NHL 13 gm connected league"

You're damn right we are! Honestly, the biggest reason I want people to be active in this thread is because I don't have the power to allow somebody to just play the CPU if a person doesn't feel like scheduling their games.

The only thing I can really do is temporarily boot that person (which can't even be done from the iOS app, we discovered). So, basically, anybody who becomes a problem and needs to be booted, you may get a couple strikes, but eventually, you just won't be allowed back. And that goes for everyone.

I didn't withdraw it, and I still want to do the deal. so has it been approved by everyone? i haven't read that anyone rejected it so Im assuming its good to go. ill repost the info here:

Buffalo receives: C Paul Statsny (85 overall, 26 years old, 6.7mil cap hit, 2 years)

Colorado receves: C Ville Leino (81 overall, 29 years old, 4.5 mil cap hit, 5 years)
D Andrej Sekera (82 overall, 26 years old, 2.75 mil cap hit, 3 years)

If everybody thinks the deal is even enough, go ahead and put it through. I know Alan brought up Statsny's cap hit, but it looks like the two players he'd be getting back total up to about the same anyway.

For

+

Well, if you don't take the offer, the CPU is likely to just offer it to someone else...possibly even another CPU team. Because of that, I don't see the sense in disallowing trades with CPU teams. It kind of seems like a "win now" trade to me. Iginla is getting up there, and he only has one year left on a pretty expensive contract. But if you need another weapon, it's definitely not a bad option.

#807 redshadow

redshadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

All I'm going to say about a Jerome Iginla trade from Calgary is...

...Dat EA AI.

(I don't mind if it gets done, I'm just highlighting the horrible GM ai, because that trade would never happen IRL. lmao.)

#808 IndoAssassin

IndoAssassin

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

I just got the game two days ago and was referred to this site by a friend. I usually get the nhl games on ps3 but this year decided with the 360.

Other than the days I work I am pretty much available to play a game or two so I shouldn't have a problem to make it.

#809 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

For

+

Ummm... You may have to wait a few days. I just knocked him out for 3 games with an ankle injury (although oddly enough he still played despite the game saying it is an "Unplayable Injury"). I also knocked out Tanguay for 10 games with an arm injury.

I didn't realize that Sean Payton had gone to Montreal to coach.

I just had a rough game against the Calgary. Ended up winning 1-0 in the shootout, but Kiprusoff can now be added to my list of goalies with Quick. I out shot them 34-13 in regulation and 7-0 in OT. In OT I was also shorthanded for 2 minutes. I also managed to knock Bouwmeester out of OT 30 seconds in after putting him through the glass.

For this week of games, I have Edmonton, Philly, Yotes, Nucks, and I think the Ducks. It looked like Edmonton had his set to sim, but I wanted to double check with him before I play it.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#810 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

Ummm... You may have to wait a few days. I just knocked him out for 3 games with an ankle injury, I also knocked out Tanguay for 10 games with an arm injury.

See what I mean about this MTL guy he will stop at nothing to get the cup.;)

No worries though, if I accept the trade I won't acquire him till the next schedule advance so "2 weeks" I'm sure he'll be ready to go unless he takes another knock before then.

I know I can be cap compliant next schedule advance when he actually joins my team but I don't want to become compliant right now when I don't have his services and I will have games to play with my current roster.