Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#871 twick87

twick87

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

If anyone has proposed a trade via iOS app, im pretty sure it doesn't work. Unless people are flat out ignoring my proposals...

#872 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

If anyone has proposed a trade via iOS app, im pretty sure it doesn't work. Unless people are flat out ignoring my proposals...

Most likely it doesn't work. The Madden community discovered today that Connected Careers is so broken that we basically need to start over. I'm really just sick of EA at this point.

#873 mnwild22

mnwild22

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

Oh, now you tell me!

Ha, that was one of the craziest ending to a game I have seen. You had me beat on the final shot of the shootout...completely open net and he hits the pipe dead center. I couldnt believe it. Fun stuff :applause:

#874 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

I would at least pm people if you haven't been. I don't check the GM'S mode in box every day, so yours and mine probably sat there a few days before I even knew it was there.

I know it's still early, but several people have posted... Seems like no issues with the proposed Colorado /Tampa trade for those who have seen it?

#875 twick87

twick87

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

I would at least pm people if you haven't been. I don't check the GM'S mode in box every day, so yours and mine probably sat there a few days before I even knew it was there.

I know it's still early, but several people have posted... Seems like no issues with the proposed Colorado /Tampa trade for those who have seen it?

I think you're good to go with that one...I haven't heard anything against it. And at this point, if you're against the trade but not keeping up with the thread then it's your own fault.

#876 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Well, to me, I broke the trade down like

Hedman is probably worth more than O'Reilly (both same age...but Hedman will probably be an absolute beast in a couple years)
Lindback is definitely worth more than Giguere at this point in their careers (I wouldn't want Giguere, but I know that Gary was uspet with his goalie)

Tampa Bay is also dumping a little bit of salary, so there's that too.

Is the 3rd round pick enough compensation to make up the difference?

Ehh...maybe, but you even mentioned yourself that the deal was a bit too good coming your way. You also said you were originally going to do O'Reilly/Giguere for Hedman...which would leave Lindback for a 3rd round pick. Is getting a goalie in the 3rd round rated 78 possible? Would bumping the pick up to a 2nd rounder be reasonable?

#877 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

Colorado - Tampa trade is fine with me either way.

#878 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

Just got done playing the Habs owner no way he doesnt go all the way this season. I played one of what I thought was one of my better games and he beat me 2-0. It would have been worse but Bobby Lu kept me in the game. The only kind of offense I could muster were bad angle shots from the blue line and with no net front presence they were worthless.

Edited by ajh2298, 27 September 2012 - 07:29 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#879 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

I thought we had to post in here first before making any proposals in game.

I'm fine with that Avs lightning trade btw.

#880 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

You're right about Lindback being basically traded for the third rounder, didnt think about it that way. I actually was going to offer a second round pick, but I don't have one lol. I think the Avs IRL sent it to the Blues in the trade that got them Eric Johnson. I could offer a first rounder, but at that point I think it's a bit too much. I'd be willing two swap it to a first rounder if it means getting approval or maybe swap for a lower goalie

As for Hedman for OReilly, it's a risk on both Tampa and Colorado as far as how each will develop. I believe both have 4 to 4.5 stars potential. I actually think the risk is greater for me as I'm going to be eating up way more cap space. Both are young still, Hedman is only 3 points higher overall.

I'd be willing to make modifications to the deal if needed, just addressing the points against it.

#881 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

I thought we had to post in here first before making any proposals in game.

I'm fine with that Avs lightning trade btw.

Once it was learned that I have to actually approve all trades in the game anyway, we figured there was no harm in at least seeing if the game would allow it before needing to discuss it. People should still post the trade in here after they propose it though. It may seem redundant, but as cumbersome as the menu system is in GM Connected, I'd much rather be able to think about a trade on CAG than have to go look everything up in the game.

You're right about Lindback being basically traded for the third rounder, didnt think about it that way. I actually was going to offer a second round pick, but I don't have one lol. I think the Avs IRL sent it to the Blues in the trade that got them Eric Johnson. I could offer a first rounder, but at that point I think it's a bit too much. I'd be willing two swap it to a first rounder if it means getting approval or maybe swap for a lower goalie

As for Hedman for OReilly, it's a risk on both Tampa and Colorado as far as how each will develop. I believe both have 4 to 4.5 stars potential. I actually think the risk is greater for me as I'm going to be eating up way more cap space. Both are young still, Hedman is only 3 points higher overall.

I'd be willing to make modifications to the deal if needed, just addressing the points against it.

Well, considering all the extra maneuvering it would take, as long as Gary is ok with it, I think it's fine. Yeah, you might be getting a slightly better deal, but like you said, if you moved it up to a first rounder, the situation would just be reversed. If Gary's ok with it, I'll sign off on it. What's good for Gaga is good for me! :lol:

#882 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

I'm good with it honestly. Hedman might be a beast later on but I have very high hopes for O'Reilly honestly. I gutted goalies and moved up a few ahl goalies for the time being since I've seen them play IRL and they have potential. Whether that translates to the game is to be seen. How ever, Alan takes some of that Sal cap limit off of me(phew) and gets MAYBE a good goalie (I don't want him or to even see his name anymore) and some good depth at D. Honestly, the money Hedman was getting he didn't put up great numbers for it.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#883 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

Tampa, Boston and LA I am online and available to play for the next bit, send me a msg on XBL if you can play.

#884 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

yeah, I think the deals posted sound fair enough. No real issues against it.

Also, I'll be on tomorrow after 5:30 EST to play some of my games, sorry I havent gotten back to those who PMed me its been a crazy couple days.

#885 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

If any team sees themselves as building for next season and is looking for prospects, I might be willing to deal a pair (not Kreider though) for a solid LW.

#886 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

I'm going to be online after 10 PM EST tonight, private message me if you want to play. I might be bopping to Madden for a game so I'll try to wait to play that later.

#887 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

Wild
Suter
And j Harding

For

Panthers

S.clemmensen g
K ellerby d (which is killing me!)
And 2nd round pick

League approved.

I get a high priced d and a better goalie

You get cap room
And a potential great d man low paid
And a draft pick.
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#888 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

Tampa - 3
Wild - 1

Canbanana, good game. You should have had that game since you outshot me by half. If I had Lindback,the game would have been yours.

I'm glad I put faith in Garon. He was a beast tonight. Saved 26 of 27 shots. Was amazing the whole night. The way he played tonight is the way I have seen him in person play (which we know translates so well in EA games) Brewer earned his keep along with Vinny(he must know I want to trade him so, he is upping his game.) Uploading some videos soon.

Vinny trying to earn his keep.
http://www.easports....video/136855682

Brewer earning his keep as well.
http://www.easports....video/136854603

Edited by Vulcan2422, 28 September 2012 - 01:41 AM.

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#889 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:11 AM

Wild
Suter
And j Harding

For

Panthers

S.clemmensen g
And 2nd round pick

League approved.

You get cap room
And a draft pick.

What are the ratings, age and contracts/.

#890 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

Wild
Suter
And j Harding

For

Panthers

S.clemmensen g
And 2nd round pick

League approved.

You get cap room
And a draft pick.

Can you put overall ratings, ages, and contracts for the players? (actually...we should probably be including potential ratings too...it's just weird using the star system) I know it's a chore considering how slow the menus are, but it would make it easier to evaluate the trade.

#891 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

Wild

Suter/88 OVR/Age 27/ 7.540 mil/13 YL/ 4 and a half stars. Reached Potential

Harding/80 OVR/ Age 28/ 1.900 Mil/ 2 YL/ 4 Stars. Reached Potential

Panthers

Clemmensen/ 76 Ovr/ Age 35/ 1.200 Mil/ 2 YL/ 3 stars. Reached Potential
Ellerby/ 77 Ovr/ Age 23/ 0.700 Mil/ 1 YL/ 4 Star potential 50/50 Chance of reaching it.

Alan and I learned the star rating last night and I was bored. So there ya go.

Vulcan7905.png

#892 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

Man, the Panthers seem to be getting a steal (mostly, I'm jealous)...but I guess with cap considerations, it evens it up a bit.

#893 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

Yeah, that seems too lopsided for the panthers.

#894 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:25 AM

Does seem like the deal is a little lopsided.

Also, I am willing to entertain offers for any Bruins players except Chara, Lucic, or Seguin .

#895 twick87

twick87

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

Once it was learned that I have to actually approve all trades in the game anyway, we figured there was no harm in at least seeing if the game would allow it before needing to discuss it. People should still post the trade in here after they propose it though. It may seem redundant, but as cumbersome as the menu system is in GM Connected, I'd much rather be able to think about a trade on CAG than have to go look everything up in the game.

So I played tonights game game and lost one of my top forwards in LW Thomas Vanek for 39 games with a concussion. I needed to replace him so I went on the trade market. I proposed a trade with Columbus for LW Nick Foligno. I offered a C prospect and a 1st and a 3rd I believe (I know it sounds like a lot but they wouldn't accept anything lower, plus my farm system is stacked from recent drafts). But anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know on here, I think Nate still has to approve it. I wasn't trying to be sneaky or anything I just read the above post and I proposed the trade. If anyone has a problem with it then Nate can always Veto the trade. Again, to summarize:

Buffalo receives: LW Nick Foligno (82 overall, 24 years old, $3.085 mil cap hit for 3 years, 3.5 star potential)

Columbus receives: C Kevin Sundher (60 overall, 20 years old, $0.63 mil cap hit for 3 years, 3 star potential)
2013 1st round pick
2014 3rd round pick

(I'm 99% sure those were the picks but I could be wrong as the trade screen reset as soon as they accepted it)

Hope nobody has a problem with the trade, I know I'm overpaying here but I'm in desperate need for a good LW and I have the assets that Columbus wanted. :)

#896 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

Yeah, that seems too lopsided for the panthers.

I tried about nine different combos and this is the only one saying league approved. For some reason if I added anyone eles or even another draft pic it said not approved.
check out my tradelist :

#897 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

Wild

Suter/88 OVR/Age 27/ 7.540 mil/13 YL/ 4 and a half stars. Reached Potential

Harding/80 OVR/ Age 28/ 1.900 Mil/ 2 YL/ 4 Stars. Reached Potential

Panthers

Clemmensen/ 76 Ovr/ Age 35/ 1.200 Mil/ 2 YL/ 3 stars. Reached Potential
Ellerby/ 77 Ovr/ Age 23/ 0.700 Mil/ 1 YL/ 4 Star potential 50/50 Chance of reaching it.

Alan and I learned the star rating last night and I was bored. So there ya go.

I'm with everyone else on this one... It seems like Florida is getting a much better deal. Despite getting a massive contract on their plate, there is really no risk in this trade. They are getting two players that are higher rated for essentially one player that MIGHT achieve an 85 in the next two to three years before he is maxed out.

So I played tonights game game and lost one of my top forwards in LW Thomas Vanek for 39 games with a concussion. I needed to replace him so I went on the trade market. I proposed a trade with Columbus for LW Nick Foligno. I offered a C prospect and a 1st and a 3rd I believe (I know it sounds like a lot but they wouldn't accept anything lower, plus my farm system is stacked from recent drafts). But anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know on here, I think Nate still has to approve it. I wasn't trying to be sneaky or anything I just read the above post and I proposed the trade. If anyone has a problem with it then Nate can always Veto the trade. Again, to summarize:

Buffalo receives: LW Nick Foligno (82 overall, 24 years old, $3.085 mil cap hit for 3 years, 3.5 star potential)

Columbus receives: C Kevin Sundher (60 overall, 20 years old, $0.63 mil cap hit for 3 years, 3 star potential)
2013 1st round pick
2014 3rd round pick

(I'm 99% sure those were the picks but I could be wrong as the trade screen reset as soon as they accepted it)

Hope nobody has a problem with the trade, I know I'm overpaying here but I'm in desperate need for a good LW and I have the assets that Columbus wanted. :)

As with the FLA-MIN trade, I feel like this is kind of lopsided in favor of Buffalo. For one, I find it very unlikely that a 60 rated player is going to even break 75, let alone the 82 that Columbus would be giving up. As for draft picks, I personally am not a really big fan of trades that involve them myself seeing as 1) There is no guarantee that a comparable player would be drafted with those picks and 2) If we only get two seasons done (which hopefully isn't the case) than you pretty much just got an 82+ Player for one rated 60, and one other players that might never even play a single game once drafted.

AI GM can be smart, but more times than not it isn't. I witnessed this in my offline GM mode where I traded Jakub Kindl and two 1st Rounders to the Predators for Shea Weber (I really wish this would have happened in real life). I then traded Danny Cleary and a 2nd to Phoenix for Shane Doan and a 3rd.

I can see draft picks being included when a trade is a little bit more even, such as the TB-COL one, but once it becomes more about the picks than the actual players involved I think it is unrealistic.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#898 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

Wild
Suter
And j Harding

For

Panthers

S.clemmensen g
And 2nd round pick

League approved.

You get cap room
And a draft pick.

Just want to throw it out there that I haven't agreed to this proposal and am still working out deals with several GM's. I think Mr_hockey66 may have jumped the gun slightly on our talks or may have just been looking for input at this point.

#899 IndoAssassin

IndoAssassin

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

Winnipeg Jets here.

Anyone from florida, nahsville, or detroit want to get our games done let's setup a schedule for this weekend. Tomorrow I work from 3pm to 3am PST. Saturday I am free after 1pm and Sunday I'm free all day.

#900 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

Maybe the addition of the goalie is causing this deal to not be league approved.

I'll try working it for sutter only. Then I'll see if I can do something for the goalie. Maybe I can get them to go thru like that.
check out my tradelist :