Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#931 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

You took out Hejduk for 4 games if it's any consolation ;)

I'll try to protect the guys I'm trading, I swear, but man, it's like the UFC bug hit my team. Three straight injuries in three games ( I actually had 4 injuries total so far, one during a sim), luckily the first one in that streak was only for the remainder of the game

Well, too many injuries has been a common complaint on the EA forums from what I've read. So, it's not just you.

So should I go ahead and put the NYI-NYR trade into the game?

Yeah, I think everyone has generally responded positively to it. I'm fine with it.

#932 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

Watch the AI deny Rob lol. I took hedman out of line up just in case.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#933 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Avengers Assemble!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

New trade up for talks. Sent over to wild.

I get an improved d and a better goalie. He gets a about the same for what he had and alot of cap room.

Panthers

Ellerby d 0.7 mill 23 77 over all
Kulkov d 1.32 mil 21 83 over all
Clemmensen g 1.2 mil 35 76 over all
4th round pick

Wild

Suter d 7.5 mill 27 88 overall
Christensen c .95 mill 28 77 overall
Harding g 1.90 mill 28 80 overall
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#934 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

Just had a good game with the Ducks. Put myself in a hole the first period with 3 penalties and giving up 2 goals. Mounted a nice rally in the 3rd but want enough and lost 4-3. Ended up losing Subban for 20 and taking out Ryan for 35.

#935 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

Really getting tired of losing games where my opponent should have spent half the game in the penalty box. I'm basically losing to teams who just hit mercilessly....most of the hits coming from behind, many straight into the glass. I get that the game doesn't call you for it, guys, but come on. At least try to play a realistic game. You can't just smash somebody into the glass. I really don't know what to do about it other than just asking that people be more honorable. If somebody is face first in the glass, you shouldn't be hitting him.

#936 twick87

twick87

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

I swear, but man, it's like the UFC bug hit my team. Three straight injuries in three games ( I actually had 4 injuries total so far, one during a sim), luckily the first one in that streak was only for the remainder of the game

Yea I've had 5 injuries so far, most of em 4-5 games but one of em is for 40 games.

I do have to say though, I think doing the "I'll give you a couple draft picks for a good player" method isn't really fair. I just don't want people trading picks based on the assumption that we won't be playing that long. I mean, I'd like to think we'll get through 3 seasons, but it's hard to really plan for that when we're having to slog through 82 game seasons, dealing with crazy injuries and things out of our control. Just not sure how to handle those types of trades.

You're putting too much stock in draft picks. It's not like the NFL, unless your drafted in the top 20 or so you're most likely not gonna be a regular in the NHL for a couple of years at best. And the reason I was willing to move picks was because my system is deep and that's all Columbus wanted. I'm confident I can build my team in free agency/trades if I have too.

#937 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:24 AM

Really getting tired of losing games where my opponent should have spent half the game in the penalty box. I'm basically losing to teams who just hit mercilessly....most of the hits coming from behind, many straight into the glass. I get that the game doesn't call you for it, guys, but come on. At least try to play a realistic game. You can't just smash somebody into the glass. I really don't know what to do about it other than just asking that people be more honorable. If somebody is face first in the glass, you shouldn't be hitting him.

I hate to say it but, I think this is why Rob and I had an awesome game. We both respected each other enough to not go for the hit if it was there to injure anybody. If we saw them on the glass, we either poke checked or went into board play. My thing is, I started a rivalry with Florida, so those games are going to get dirty no matter what happens and I'm fine with that. We need some of this. Which also translates to trades. If we had a good game, expect a good trade. If we didn't, well then guess what. You're going to keep shopping. I actually tried to start a rivalry with Destro, but he was having none of it. Trying to keep it true to the real lighting rivalries. That's just my take on it honestly.

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#938 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

Me and Mr_Hockey66 have come to an agreement and are submitting for trade approval...

D R.Suter (88 overall, 27 yrs old, 7.540m, 13 YR)
C D.Powe (74 overall, 27 yrs old, 1.065m, 2 YR)
G J.Harding (80 overall, 28 yrs old, 1.9m, 2 YR)

For

D Kolikov (83 overall, 21 yrs old, 1.325m, 1 YR)
D K.Ellerby (77 overall, 23 yrs old, 0.7m, 1 YR)
G S.Clemmenson (76 overall, 35 yrs old, 1.2m, 2 YR)

#939 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

You're putting too much stock in draft picks. It's not like the NFL, unless your drafted in the top 20 or so you're most likely not gonna be a regular in the NHL for a couple of years at best. And the reason I was willing to move picks was because my system is deep and that's all Columbus wanted. I'm confident I can build my team in free agency/trades if I have too.

Your trade isn't the one I was referencing. Phoenix has one proposed in game (which hasn't been posted in here) of like their 1st round pick in 2013 and their 1st round pick in 2014, for a player in the low-mid 80s (can't remember who it was). Basically, they're morgaging a future that may not come to grab a top 6 forward right now. Just not sure how I feel about that strategy...especially when it's trading with the CPU who doesn't know any different.

#940 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:38 AM

Is it Powe or Christensen in the Wild Panthers trade?

#941 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:39 AM

Is it Powe or Christensen in the Wild Panthers trade?

Powe

#942 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

Me and Mr_Hockey66 have come to an agreement and are submitting for trade approval...

D R.Suter (88 overall, 27 yrs old, 7.540m, 13 YR)
C D.Powe (74 overall, 27 yrs old, 1.065m, 2 YR)
G J.Harding (80 overall, 28 yrs old, 1.9m, 2 YR)

For

D Kolikov (83 overall, 21 yrs old, 1.325m, 1 YR)
D K.Ellerby (77 overall, 23 yrs old, 0.7m, 1 YR)
G S.Clemmenson (76 overall, 35 yrs old, 1.2m, 2 YR)

Without looking at the potentials again, I gotta say I like this deal better (though, Minnesota may even be coming out ahead, as I suspect Powe's potential is maxed out, and Kolikov really swings the deal a bit). Florida is really giving up 2 promising young defensemen, but getting a beast back in return. I guess if Florida has a surplus at D, it's not a bad trade.

#943 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

Without looking at the potentials again, I gotta say I like this deal better (though, Minnesota may even be coming out ahead, as I suspect Powe's potential is maxed out, and Kolikov really swings the deal a bit). Florida is really giving up 2 promising young defensemen, but getting a beast back in return. I guess if Florida has a surplus at D, it's not a bad trade.

Ellerby and Kolikov are both rated 4 Stars. Clemmensen as you can imagine is 3 stars.

Harding is 4 stars, Suter is rated 4.5 stars and Powe is rated 3 stars.

#944 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

Is Lindback being traded or just on waivers? The waiver emails are confusing.

#945 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

Just did my last match for the week with Captain Obvious. Good game and had some good convo about hockey and teams we hate and like. Ended up winning 2-0. Afterwards I notice Cole is out 2 games with "Stomach Injury". According to Captain, it's probably because he remembered how much he hated playing in Edmonton.

As for the whole respect thing, I really haven't had too many issues myself. Although I throw a lot of hits I would say the majority of mine are open ice and some around the boards but more skating next to the person.

I am a little irritated by the Subban injury that I got earlier as it was a cheap shot. Unfortunately I forgot to save the clip at the end of the game.

As long as Price stays healthy oh well... I'll keep trucking.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#946 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

Well, this is more specifically what I'm talking about. Not sure what universe this isn't a penalty in...but I'm getting tired of taking these hits with no call.

http://www.easports....video/136998580

#947 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

Just wanted to remind everybody that jza1218 will be the commissioner while I'm away for a few days. So, direct all catastrophes to him. Thanks! :)
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#948 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

Well, this is more specifically what I'm talking about. Not sure what universe this isn't a penalty in...but I'm getting tired of taking these hits with no call.

http://www.easports....video/136998580

Hmm... That's kind of a tough one though. That's more the programming than anything, because I have made that hit multiple times where I am coming from the same angle and hit the stick while still in front or to the side of the player and the game turns it into a check from behind/boarding. It undoubtedly comes off as a boarding, but then it makes it so that the player doing the hit is getting screwed by piss poor programming. Really it's just more proof of shitty EA programming.

Edited by mvp828, 29 September 2012 - 09:45 AM.

Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#949 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Avengers Assemble!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

How do claim someone off waivers?
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#950 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

Traded, just an issue of timing.

As for claiming, you just do it right off the inbox, no?

#951 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

As for claiming, you just do it right off the inbox, no?

So I have to pay attention to the trades to make sure I don't claim someone off waivers being traded? That's an odd set up.

#952 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

So I have to pay attention to the trades to make sure I don't claim someone off waivers being traded? That's an odd set up.

I don't even know what would happen if you put a claim on a player involved in a trade. My guess is the game would explode and we'd all be sent back to 1985, where we would discover we were actually in the body of the president of EA Sports, and we'd have to prevent the EA series from ever being created in order to fix the future. That's just a guess though.

#953 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Yea definitely not well thought out. Especially since I put a claim on him yesterday shortly after it went up and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I guess we'll find out.

That and the whole injury thing are a little messed up. Capt. Obvious and I were talking about it last night. How it's kind of dumb how if you play your last game of the week first and you have an injury, you are unable to use them for the previous week's games. It really screws the team that you would play after if that player only has to miss those weeks games.

Obviously it would make things more complicated, but I can see hire the game might crash and burn otherwise.

#954 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

I don't understand why he is on waivers. I didn't move him to the AHL at all. This game is really testing our nerves.

Vulcan7905.png

#955 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

I don't understand why he is on waivers. I didn't move him to the AHL at all. This game is really testing our nerves.

I've seen 4 or 5 of your players thrown on Waivers now.

Edit: Did you recall any goalies by chance?

#956 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

I've seen 4 or 5 of your players thrown on Waivers now.

Edit: Did you recall any goalies by chance?

I recalled Garon actually up from the AHL. But that shouldnt have put Lindback on waivers.

Vulcan7905.png

#957 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

I recalled Garon actually up from the AHL. But that shouldnt have put Lindback on waivers.

That might be why... If you only have 4 goalies between AHL and NHL, one has to be sent down to balance rosters. If you have more they might be in the ECHL or a CHL team.

#958 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

How it's kind of dumb how if you play your last game of the week first and you have an injury, you are unable to use them for the previous week's games.

I understand what you are saying but he is going to be injured for that set amount of games either way. I like this system a lot better, rather than having to follow a strict timeline of games. I suppose you could always play your games chronologically.

I'm going to assume the trade will be nullified since there have been waiver claims put on him. It wouldn't surprise me to see him goto a CPU controlled team.

Edited by Canbanana, 29 September 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#959 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

I understand what you are saying but he is going to be injured for that set amount of games either way. I like this system a lot better, rather than having to follow a strict timeline of games. I suppose you could always play your games chronologically.

Oh I'm definitely not complaining about the system in the game... More just saying how it could be problematic late in the season.

Example: Last 2 weeks of the season, star player gets hurt in first game played which happens to be the last game of the 2 week span. Players hurt for 7 games, so instead of missing 7 playoff games they might miss only 1 or 2.

Although they had to do it this way, because then you run into the problem of what if player gets hurry in the first game and again in the previous game.

Again it's not a big deal, trivial rather, but just something we were talking about last night.

Back on topic... What all advances during each period when schedule is pushed forward? I'm assuming trades, free agent signings, and waiver claims. Anything else?

#960 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

*sigh*

4 games, 4 injuries. At this rate im going to have to trade some of my new guys for replacement forwards

(nothing against the people I played, just bad luck)