Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1051 twick87

twick87

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

On a more positive note, I've gone two games now without injury. Two!

after my next game, I'll be down to 1 :whee:

#1052 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Congratulations, Alan. ;-)

Still trying to actually play all my games, so Kings opponents, let me know when you're available today, if at all. I've sent PM's.

#1053 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Chicago here.

I hope to be on more this weekend around 11:00 PM and later. I may have some time in the afternoons on Saturday and Sunday as well and will try to post here to give whoever needs to play me a head's up.

I think I really got too ambitious as I joined two leagues. For the record, I enjoy this league more because I've played with some of you guys in an MLB 2K league before and the settings of this league are MUCH more to my liking. The other league I'm in you seriously can't even pass to guys wide open 10 feet from you accurately. The gameplay consists of carrying the puck up the ice with the same player while the defense constantly tries to poke check it from you. It's actually quite comical but I'm thinking about quitting that league and focusing on this one a bit more.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#1054 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Oh, hey Chris. Glad you joined up!

#1055 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

"I'm not a racist or anything, buuttt......" Insert most racist comment you'll hear all week.

"I don't think I've ever seen someone dislike something so much, yet still decide to invest so much time into it." Insert Nates name since he has put this league together.

Different but the same.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1056 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Oh, hey Chris. Glad you joined up!

Yeah man!

I've gotten a few games in so far. I beat CPU Toronto but have lost the others against "legit" competition.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#1057 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Well, you'll probably end up doing better than me. I have one of the best teams in the game and am still well below .500. You and I should be playing soon, actually, with the Kings and Blackhawks scheduled to meet on November 21 and 27.

#1058 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

*tears*

*sobs*

*whines*

Again, pretty sure none of the penalties even applied to our game. When I chased you down I hit you from the side. As for the whole "not taking risks". How the hell can you say that? YOU DON'T PLAY DEFENSE!!!! Your defense consisted of a slight forecheck that was easily picked a part, hoping to get into position to try to block a shot, or hoping that Rinne is an all-star every time down the ice. I don't know, maybe your used to having other people to rely on from playing EASHL games, but I pretty much only play HUT, so I know what to expect, because if there's one thing you learn playing the CPU or teams that are filled with all-stars, it's how to play D.

As for saying that I'd rather play with an "anything to win" mentality I don't know when I admitted that. I think you must have some tears obstructing your eyes. Like I said, I've toned it down since the first week, but I still don't intend to lay down for anyone. I'm competitive and play to have fun. Whether I'm winning or losing I'm having fun. When I'm not having fun, I'll switch games. I think a majority of the people I played would say that I have played a pretty fair game. A few people could be upset, and I could easily name which ones they are since I realized afterwards that I probably was going a little too hard. For instance Destro had every right to be pissed about our game, I was going pretty hard, and had all the luck in the world in that game, and I did have a bad hit on Johnson when I played Moojuice for that should have been a boarding and later had one put on me.

As for my XBL profile... Maybe you should take what it says to heart. Man the Fuck up and stop whining like a little bitch.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#1059 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Again, pretty sure none of the penalties even applied to our game. When I chased you down I hit you from the side. As for the whole "not taking risks". How the hell can you say that? YOU DON'T PLAY DEFENSE!!!! Your defense consisted of a slight forecheck that was easily picked a part, hoping to get into position to try to block a shot, or hoping that Rinne is an all-star every time down the ice.

As for saying that I'd rather play with an "anything to win" mentality I don't know when I admitted that. I think you must have some tears obstructing your eyes. Like I said, I've toned it down since the first week, but I still don't intend to lay down for anyone. I'm competitive and play to have fun. Whether I'm winning or losing I'm having fun. When I'm not having fun, I'll switch games. I think a majority of the people I played would say that I have played a pretty fair game. A few people could be upset, and I could easily name which ones they are since I realized afterwards that I probably was going a little too hard.

As for my XBL profile... Maybe you should take what it says to heart. Man the Fuck up and stop whining like a little bitch.

Thank you for proving my point. Arrogant motherfucker. Enjoy nobody wanting to play you.

#1060 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Thank you for proving my point. Arrogant motherfucker. Enjoy nobody wanting to play you.

Nope... Just you. Go drown in your tears.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#1061 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Even with sliders all the way up. Nothing is called. So yeah. Great job EA. Way to make a mockery out of hockey.

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1062 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

yFJapPwmY_0

#1063 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

I'm set on CPU, so if anyone has any games with the Rangers, feel free to play 'em.

#1064 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

I'm set on CPU, so if anyone has any games with the Rangers, feel free to play 'em.

Just finished mine... Tried to get on about 12 but Live was having issues. By the time I could connect you were off. No injuries in the game so at least that's a relief.

#1065 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

Even with sliders all the way up. Nothing is called. So yeah. Great job EA. Way to make a mockery out of hockey.

But Gary...you don't understand. People are checking "from the side". It's totally ok if it's "from the side"!!! Don't you know? Hitting = Defense! Penalties are called great in this game. There haven't been universal complaints about the lack of penalties. You're imagining things. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

#1066 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

But Gary...you don't understand. People are checking "from the side". It's totally ok if it's "from the side"!!! Don't you know? Hitting = Defense! Penalties are called great in this game. There haven't been universal complaints about the lack of penalties. You're imagining things. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Keep telling yourself that getting knocked off the puck by the guy skating next to you is a penalty.

I guess I didn't realize playing you during your cycle would push you to the ledge. I'm more than willing to give you that extra push though if it means an end to your sob stories of injustice and inequality.

#1067 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Keep telling yourself that getting knocked off the puck by the guy skating next to you is a penalty.

I guess I didn't realize playing you during your cycle would push you to the ledge. I'm more than willing to give you that extra push though if it means an end to your sob stories of injustice and inequality.

Skating next to you = hustling across the ice and leveling the player. Ok, guy. :) No need to act all e-tough. You have more opponents than just me. We'll see if it comes up again. When you're at the point that you're defending a game that has been broadly panned for the aspect of it that works in your favor, you tell me what's going on.

It cracks me up that the top two teams in this league are also terrible EASHL players. You guys can't grasp the concepts of controlling one player, knowing your defensive assignments, and working as a team, but you're somehow out of this world ice wizards controlling an entire team. Explain that one to me.

#1068 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Skating next to you = hustling across the ice and leveling the player. Ok, guy. :)

But I thought you said I was hitting you from behind after chasing you up ice...

You go all out on hits...many of which involve chasing a guy down from behind and just destroying him. Now, in our game, more of these were in open ice than along the boards, but still...you'd think a penalty would be called at some point.

... Oh wait, you did. Also how many of those so called cross ice checks were when there was a loose puck and we got there at nearly the same time. Again legal hit made all the time in the NHL.

No need to act all e-tough. You have more opponents than just me. We'll see if it comes up again. When you're at the point that you're defending a game that has been broadly panned for the aspect of it that works in your favor, you tell me what's going on.

It cracks me up that the top two teams in this league are also terrible EASHL players. You guys can't grasp the concepts of controlling one player, knowing your defensive assignments, and working as a team, but you're somehow out of this world ice wizards controlling an entire team. Explain that one to me.

As for defending the game, hardly. I'm defending the fact that the better player/team won. You got outplayed, but of course credit can't go where credit is due... I had an advantage because of my style. Not to mention last time I checked all 360 controllers have the same buttons. So are you suddenly unable to adapt to the game? Do you not have all your fingers? Are you playing with your toes? What is it? There must be something right? No... I'm just better.

As for the EASHL comment... Now I can't say anything about WPark, because I have never played with him, or against him... So I have no knowledge of him. He seems to be a pretty good player from everything I have read through the posts of people that have played him.

What I do find funny is that you say we are "terrible EASHL players. You guys can't grasp the concepts of controlling one player, knowing your defensive assignments, and working as a team." Interesting considering I have never even played with you in EASHL and haven't even played an EASHL game since NHL 08 or 09 whenever it was introduced. Even then, I only played a couple games with my roommate from college when his team needed another player. But somehow I suck at something I never played, go figure. Must be that awesome n8 logic. I don't play EASHL because I don't like having to rely on other people being competent. Much in the same way that I don't play FPS without a few friends because I'd rather not carry a bunch of people only to lose because Johnny Jackass on the team can't seem to get a kill while getting killed 20+ times. Then again you knew that since you know so much about me.

Keep telling yourself all these lies.... Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#1069 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

I don't play EASHL because I don't like having to rely on other people being competent. Much in the same way that I don't play FPS without a few friends because I'd rather not carry a bunch of people only to lose because Johnny Jackass on the team can't seem to get a kill while getting killed 20+ times. Then again you knew that since you know so much about me.

This right here says all that I need to know. I'll put it on cpu when I have to play against you.

Edit -Apparently it's to hard to change the goal tenders mask when they get traded. Yup, good job EA. You do it in HUT no problem, but not gm connected.

Vulcan7905.png

#1070 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Edit -Apparently it's to hard to change the goal tenders mask when they get traded. Yup, good job EA. You do it in HUT no problem, but not gm connected.

Haha... Especially since that's a feature that's been in HUT for awhile. I remember a couple years ago I had Anderson and he was wearing the Avs and then with the roster update it gave him the Sens.

I kind of wonder if doing a team change in this year's game changes his mask. (Unless that's what you were referring to?)

#1071 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Coyotes and Stars, is there any way we can play our games tonight?

#1072 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

I sent a friend request to AJH. Vancouver is the only opponent I have yet to play. Don't want any of my games simmed.

#1073 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

This right here says all that I need to know. I'll put it on cpu when I have to play against you.

Wait, you can change the goaltenders masks in HUT?

#1074 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

I sent a friend request to AJH. Vancouver is the only opponent I have yet to play. Don't want any of my games simmed.

I will do my best to be on tonight Matt. I have a sick 5 year-old at home who took a long nap when he got home from school today so who knows when he is going to finally crash tonight. I should be able to be on around 11:15 pm est does that work for you?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1075 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

It should automatically change it Rob.

Vulcan7905.png

#1076 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

It should automatically change it Rob.

When I played the other day I had Chad Johnson wearing a Penguins Mask (and pads) wearing a Rangers uniform. Looked fucking moronic.

#1077 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

Pheonix getting on right now, still have to play all my games. if you have to play me just send me a message over cag or live

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1078 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

"I'm not a racist or anything, buuttt......" Insert most racist comment you'll hear all week.

"I don't think I've ever seen someone dislike something so much, yet still decide to invest so much time into it." Insert Nates name since he has put this league together.

Different but the same.

I still don't understand how one has anything to do with the other. I made a statement, and prefaced that statement by saying I wasn't taking a deliberate shot at Nate, because out of context, it could have been misconstrued. This is extremely different than someone saying:

"Hey, I'm not racist or anything, buuuttttt... I hate black people"

#1079 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

While I can brush off cheap shots, I do need to correct any misinformation I read. Because I can do all of those things. You just wouldn't know because what started as an open CAG team became this exclusive group that not everyone could take part in. That's why some of us branched of this year and just made our own club. Let me know when you want my club to play yours. Hopefully you don't bitch too much when I beat you again though.

I also don't know why you threw me into this, I never stated myself to be an "ice wizard".

#1080 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

Is it sad that at this point, I'd rather lose a game than lose a player?