Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1111 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

With the way injuries are in the game the only thing I am more worried about losing a player to an injury for a long time in a completely simmed game to just losing the game in general.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1112 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

The policy would have to be something like no vs CPU games allowed until the day of the deadline (not including vacant teams). And EVERY effort must be made to set up a time with the person before going that route. If they give you permission to just play the CPU, that's different. But in general, people still need to be communicating to schedule times to play. None of this is ideal, but hopefully it'll address some of these problems that we've been running into. Now, if we could just do something about injuries.

That's the key part to that in my opinion. I have done that twice now with NYR for this past period and Edmonton for the previous. I just prefer to play the person that way they are having a chance to actually win with their team.

What is the CPU set at again for difficulty?

Also just curious JZA, earlier in the week you said you were going to be on between 12:30 and 2 (or 2:30 don't remember) and then 3/3:30 and 4:30. Did you end up getting on most of those days? I ask after someone made the comment about people not showing up online. I got on each day about 1 or so and was looking to see if you were online, at least every 30 mins. So I'm wondering if maybe that's why I never saw you because EA wasn't picking it up.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#1113 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

I believe I was on xbl, but not NHL.

#1114 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Well I officially quit the other league I was in so now I'm all yours... :)

I will probably get on by 11:30 PM EST tonight if not a little sooner if anyone needs to play Chicago.

If I'm playing something else don't hesitate to send me a message and I'll switch over.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#1115 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Somehow I lost Michael Del Zotto for six games. So I've lost three of my top six defenseman in 17 games played. Lovely.

I never saw anyone get injured in the games I played against the Rangers

#1116 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

I never saw anyone get injured in the games I played against the Rangers

Don't worry about it, I'm sure he tripped in the locker room or something after the game.

#1117 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

Well I officially quit the other league I was in so now I'm all yours... :)

I will probably get on by 11:30 PM EST tonight if not a little sooner if anyone needs to play Chicago.

If I'm playing something else don't hesitate to send me a message and I'll switch over.

I doubt I'll be on that late tonight (well, most nights). How does tomorrow look for you? I haven't checked in-game since advancement, but if my dates are correct, you and I should have a 2 game set to play.

I have a Madden league game at 6:30 P.M. Eastern, but I can play any other LA opponents who may be on after that game ends.

#1118 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Don't worry about it, I'm sure he tripped in the locker room or something after the game.

lol

#1119 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

I got Dallas, St. Louis, Winnipeg, San Jose and Florida. Tomorrow is wide open for me. Lets set some times.

#1120 twick87

twick87

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

maybe he just reaggrevated something while eating his wife's delicious pancakes...

http://sports.yahoo....-155530523.html

#1121 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Somehow I lost Michael Del Zotto for six games. So I've lost three of my top six defenseman in 17 games played. Lovely.

Some of the injuries are strange... When Cole got injured for me, they never said a word about it during the game, he played the whole game as he was on the ice for the last shift (I remember because I hit the post with him with a few seconds left), and then back at the main menu he was day to day with a "Stomach Injury". I don't know if players can get the flu or something, but that's the only thing I could think of.

maybe he just reaggrevated something while eating his wife's delicious pancakes...

http://sports.yahoo....-155530523.html

More about aggravating previous injuries, I was actually thinking about this the other day. I have seen quite a few players who have had serious injuries in the past few years suddenly get hurt with the same injuries in my offline GM. Example: In both this league and my offline Horton is injured with a concussion, in mine Eaves is hurt with a concussion, and Helm has a wrist injury, Crosby and Steen both have concussions as well. I wonder if EA was somehow smart enough to put this in there or if it is just a a crazy coincidence that 4 guys with concussion history all have them again.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#1122 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

I got Dallas, St. Louis, Winnipeg, San Jose and Florida. Tomorrow is wide open for me. Lets set some times.

Glad you posted this. I knew I had two games that were CPU and two that were players this week. I only remembered I had to play Detroit. I sent you a PM.
Posted Image

#1123 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Tampa and 'Nucks... Let me know when works best for you. Tonight I may be on, but if so only until 7 or 8 EST before I head out. Otherwise tomorrow I will be on during the day.

#1124 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Good game against Winnipeg cept for losing Carlson for 41 games and Backstrom for 18 lol

Injuries are way too rampant in this game and these are only my first too.

#1125 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Auto Pilot till Friday.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1126 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Fuck you EA. Playing an AHL team in HUT. Outshot the AI 35-13. doubled their time on attack and had a better passing percentage. Lost 5-3. Fuck off EA.

#1127 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Bear in mind that I had a trained up Cory Schneider in net, 86 overall before boosts.

Here's the GW goal by the way.

http://www.easports....video/138051768

#1128 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Fuck you EA. Playing an AHL team in HUT. Outshot the AI 35-13. doubled their time on attack and had a better passing percentage. Lost 5-3. Fuck off EA.

Ouch... I've been there a couple times in the Right Rockets Tourney. I had a game a few days ago against Buffalo where I out shot them 38-1. Yes, 38-1. They scored in the 3rd period to win 1-0 after I hit the post a few times and Miller came across the crease 3 times in one possession to make desperation saves.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#1129 redshadow

redshadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

To those who have shot me PM's this week: Sorry about my lack of response. Been dealing with some drama this past week.

I'll be on XBL later tonight though.

#1130 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Fuck the CPU Blue Jackets!

#1131 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Anyone looking for Dmen, I'm interested in moving three of my Dmen: O'byrne, O'brien, and Wilson.

Ideally looking for third/4th line forwards, preferably a center.

#1132 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

I know how you feel. Hell I dropped back down to rookie and stopped playing in the tournaments for not just to build up pucks. In the tournaments I get my ass handed to me and pro is about a 50/50 chance of me being able to win. Rookie outside the tournaments I have a better chance of winning however I have had some odd losses even on that setting. After talking to a buddy about some UFC game from EA, and how he knocked one of the top fighters out in 16 seconds I'm not sure EA knows what they are doing when making the games.
Posted Image

#1133 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

#1134 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

Herp derp...make light of your deficiencies in game programming. You so cool, EA!

They might as well make a video of them wiping their asses with our $60. Hilarious!

#1135 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Yeah that to me just shows disrespect to your customers. I feel that the Hercules Check is a bug and should have been fixed instead they make a joke out of it. EA and Capcom are why I think after this generation of systems I might be done.
Posted Image

#1136 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

Garrett007, is there any time you could play today?

#1137 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Ugh, got three games in injury free, then on number 4, Hejduk is out for 32 games with a concussion against computer Minnesota

#1138 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

LA still has 3 games left to play, 2 being against Chicago and 1 against Detroit. I can play at the usual time- 3:30 Pacific/6:30 Eastern and after, but I usually go to bed around 8-8:30 Pacific.

#1139 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Predators - 4
Oilers - 3

Just played a great game with Captain Obvious. Three lead changes in the game. I was up 1-0, then he pulled ahead 2-1, then I pulled ahead 4-2, then he mounted 3rd period rally that almost brought him all the way back. I ended up outshooting him 26-16, even though he had about :20 more time on attack. Really, a pretty close game, with nothing blatantly horrible...which is as much as I can ask of an EA game, lol. GG, Captain Obvious!

Only game I have left is against Dallas. I PM'd him a day or two ago, but haven't heard anything. I'll give him some more time...but if we don't get something set up, I'll plan on playing the CPU before we advance. Not that even games against the CPU are a given (considering the two I split with Columbus), but I'd really rather not subject myself to random sims anymore after taking two on the chin simming against St. Louis.

EDIT - Man, that would be an excellent skater name for EASHL. "Two On The Chin", haha.

#1140 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

'Nucks, I'll be on after I'm done with my basketball game. Should be about 7:30 EST, and will be on until probably 1 or 2 AM. If you see me playing something else shoot me a message and I'll switch over as soon as I can.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...