Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1171 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

For those who weren't aware, we have advanced to the next section of games. Again, I know the system isn't ideal, but if you don't intend on contacting your opponent and scheduling a time to play your games, please set your games to allow the CPU to play for you.

This set of games will be due by 10/14 at 11:59 PM EST.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#1172 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Looks like I have Chicago, Buffalo 2x, Carolina, Rangers, and Kings this time around. I'll be on most the day after 4PM EST, so shoot me a message if I'm on something else and I'll switch over.

I'm Chicago and can play either between 6:30 - 8:00 PM EST or anytime after 10:30 PM. I'll have Dishonored waiting for me when I get home so if I'm playing that just send me a message but I'll check NHL before playing anything else.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#1173 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

I'm in a rough spot this week, I only have tomorrow night after 9-about 12 EST and Saturday 5pm-about 9pm EST really open to play. Emergency time Sunday morning 10-11AM and Sunday night 8-10pm.

I scheduled one game for tomorrow night already, I need to lock down games with Ranger, Penquins, Flyers, and Hurricanes.

If you guys have anything open already that you know of let me know.

#1174 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Just outshot CPU Toronto 21-19...and lost 3-0. Thanks, EA! Fuck you too! :D

#1175 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

You still on my friends list, MVP? I have a friend coming over but I will be on at some point tonight and will check for you. I'm the Kings. Otherwise, I can play tomorrow from about 6:30 PM. Eastern on.

I don't think you are on there anymore. I think last year when I went through I removed a bunch of people that I didn't play with in a long time and I think you were one of them. I'm going to send you another FR. If you make it tonight awesome, if not I'll be on tomorrow.

I'm Chicago and can play either between 6:30 - 8:00 PM EST or anytime after 10:30 PM. I'll have Dishonored waiting for me when I get home so if I'm playing that just send me a message but I'll check NHL before playing anything else.

I'll be on during both those times, so just shoot me a message.

Played my 2 games for this session against the computer earlier. I had one of the most ridiculous goals against Columbus. Cole was in front of the net and got laid out just as I fired a slap shot from the left point. The puck ended up hitting Cole's skate while he was falling back and went just inside the post. It was reviewed for being kicked in, but the goal stood. I've had plenty of crazy goals, but that was probably one of the two craziest. The other being a slapper from the point that hit a defensive players leg and then floated at the goalie and over his head and in.

Lastly, for those of you that play HUT, quick question. Has anyone bought the Mega Pack with the 30 cards and 18 rares? I was wondering if anyone had any idea about how many players you got and how many high end players were included? I'm debating whether to just buy 2 Gold Jumbos, the Mega, or sit on my pucks and get up to 50k for the next time they run the Jumbo Player pack with 24 players (or however many there were) with the majority of them being rare. I got lucky and scored a Corey Perry in a Gold Jumbo the other day and ended up putting him on auction on accident. Luckily I ended up bringing in 23k for him, but it sucks because I probably would have got quite a bit more if the auction was during prime hours and not ending at 3 AM.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#1176 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

I'm in a rough spot this week, I only have tomorrow night after 9-about 12 EST and Saturday 5pm-about 9pm EST really open to play. Emergency time Sunday morning 10-11AM and Sunday night 8-10pm.

I scheduled one game for tomorrow night already, I need to lock down games with Ranger, Penquins, Flyers, and Hurricanes.

I can try to squeeze something in Saturday at that time frame.

#1177 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Mvp, about half your rares will be consumables, not worth it if you have a lot of them banked. Player quality didn't seem different from any other pack. This my experience from three mega packs (got a crapton of pucks from selling a Crosby, glad I didn't spend real money on the three)

#1178 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

I'll just post this here as well for anyone who has to play me. I'm unavailable until Friday, will be available from 5pm eastern on, and am wide open on the weekend.

Destro, does 5:30 EST Saturday work?

#1179 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Mvp, about half your rares will be consumables, not worth it if you have a lot of them banked. Player quality didn't seem different from any other pack. This my experience from three mega packs (got a crapton of pucks from selling a Crosby, glad I didn't spend real money on the three)

Gotcha... Yea I posted on the NHL 13 forums and it seems like that has been the consensus. This is the first year I have ever spend any actual points on packs. I had something like 640 points so I bought two of the 40 point ones and 560 point ones. I rarely ever get XBLA or DLC with the exception of the DLC for FPS, so I figured I might as well give them a shot.

One guy was saying that he has been lucky and has got a Zetty and Gaborik, but not much else. I'll probably hold off for the player pack. It sucks because I have a shit load of injury and training cards, but never use them. I think my consumables right now is at 56/60.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#1180 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

Consumables are 80 max, not 60. Also, you can sell some contract cards for a couple of hundred pucks.

#1181 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

San Jose, Colorado, Boston, Phoenix...gonna send you a PM, but I can play later tonight or late tomorrow night...can't play Friday at all or Saturday. Could maybe do Sunday at some point earlier.

#1182 twick87

twick87

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

Just outshot CPU Toronto 21-19...and lost 3-0. Thanks, EA! Fuck you too! :D

same here. just played mvp and won twice (good, close games btw) and then played CPU Boston and CPU Toronto and lost both...sweet.

#1183 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

I can try to squeeze something in Saturday at that time frame.

I now am free Saturday 4:30-midnight so I have a little more flexible time.

#1184 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

I'll just post this here as well for anyone who has to play me. I'm unavailable until Friday, will be available from 5pm eastern on, and am wide open on the weekend.

Destro, does 5:30 EST Saturday work?

Ill pencil you in for 5:30

#1185 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

I now am free Saturday 4:30-midnight so I have a little more flexible time.

Great. I can definitely play a game in that time frame.

#1186 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

I lost to CPU Toronto as well...2-0 in a tight game. No score till 5:00 left in the 3rd when Leafs scored off a faceoff, they added an empty net goal with 30 seconds left.

Anyway, sent PM's to the rest of my opponents, Detroit, Winnipeg, Tampa, and Pittsburgh. Guess Buffalo already played me since I havent disabled my CPU setting yet?

#1187 twick87

twick87

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

I lost to CPU Toronto as well...2-0 in a tight game. No score till 5:00 left in the 3rd when Leafs scored off a faceoff, they added an empty net goal with 30 seconds left.

Anyway, sent PM's to the rest of my opponents, Detroit, Winnipeg, Tampa, and Pittsburgh. Guess Buffalo already played me since I havent disabled my CPU setting yet?

Yea sorry man, I played ur CPU. Don't worry, you won lol. I figured u were unavailable to play hence why I had the option to play CPU. I thought u had to individually set each game to play CPU.

#1188 twick87

twick87

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

When I lost to CPU Toronto it was 0-0 and then they scored with about 2 mins left. Then they scored an empty netter from their own zone. That was cool too...

#1189 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

Park, pm'd ya back, im on right now, will be on for a bit.

If anyone else wants to Play Colorado tonight, i'll be on

#1190 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

Yea sorry man, I played ur CPU. Don't worry, you won lol. I figured u were unavailable to play hence why I had the option to play CPU. I thought u had to individually set each game to play CPU.

Lol yea I saw that, its all good no harm no foul. If I'd played you I probably would have gotten yet another Bruin hurt anyway....

#1191 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

same here. just played mvp and won twice (good, close games btw) and then played CPU Boston and CPU Toronto and lost both...sweet.

Yes very good games... That first one I/you put me in a hole early and just couldn't mount up a big enough comeback. Half of my losses now have been after giving up 3 early goals and then mounting a comeback but just running out of time.

Did anyone ever find out if there is any sort of goalie fatigue in GM Connected? I swear Price has been utter shit the past few games. 6 goals allowed between one game with Buffalo and one game against LA. Before those I think he had given up more than 2 only twice through the first 20 games.

Price and Quick both pretty much took the game off when Matt and I just played. Good game, just not by either of them.

On another note... Today was a shit day for the health of my team. Before today I had a total of 4 injuries through 21 games with only one of them being more than 5 games (Subban got knocked out for 20+ with a concussion). Through 6 games today I lost two more players Rafeal Diaz for 15 and Brian Gionta for 46. The sad thing is, I'm not even surprised Gionta got injured. Poor little bastard has been getting thrown around all season like a drunk college cheerleader.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#1192 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

Brandon beating me 3-1 and my Xbox decides to not freeze but go 1 frame per 30 seconds. Still watching it somewhat move. I've never seen this before.

#1193 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

Yeah, mine is doing the same thing.

#1194 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:18 AM

Awesome, since the game froze while I was up 3-1, Destro quit so I would get the win. Game showed me a 3-0 so it registered that he quit but now the game is still on the schedule.

Great job again EA.

#1195 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

Awesome, since the game froze while I was up 3-1, Destro quit so I would get the win. Game showed me a 3-0 so it registered that he quit but now the game is still on the schedule.

Great job again EA.

Wow...good idea trying to outthink EA, guys. But yeah...when their servers want to Fuck up, they really Fuck up. It's like EA's thinking "Hey...wait just a second! I see you trying to do something classy and sportsmanlike there. No! That isn't allowed!" haha. Just like our last EASHL game last night. It blows my mind how online is virtually the same thing year after year, and yet they have these continuous problems. Glad that Online Pass money is going to good use. :roll:

#1196 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

Great job again EA.

Not to mention my brother quit on me up 1-0 with .6 left and that didn't count either. I'm willing to play both of you and let you score empty net and we stand there doing something else for 14 mins same with him.

FYI to everyone. Let the game finish no matter what. Put the controller down and make a sandwich if its that heartbreaking.

#1197 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

The one good thing is that we both had players get hurt in the game so at least that got wiped out.

#1198 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

Pffft. You know EA is just going to make sure two players a side get hurt now, right?

#1199 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:06 AM

Not to mention my brother quit on me up 1-0 with .6 left and that didn't count either. I'm willing to play both of you and let you score empty net and we stand there doing something else for 14 mins same with him.

FYI to everyone. Let the game finish no matter what. Put the controller down and make a sandwich if its that heartbreaking.

LOL...you made your brother rage quit? Am I reading that right? :-s

#1200 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

As soon as you set one game to CPU all games go there. Everyone should enable it to be safe, I did a while ago.