Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1201 wiz2020

wiz2020

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

Anyone looking for San Jose I am usually on every night after 9 PM EST, send a XBLA message if you dont see me online and I can reply pretty quickly through the XBOX app

#1202 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

So if owners have their teams already set to CPU from the first day of the advancement is it ok just to play the CPU in those cases? I am thinking of the Ducks and Oilers owners they always seem to have their games set to CPU.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1203 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

I think the unwritten rule is to wait to the last possible day to play those games, unless the owner specifically says it's okay. Reason being is cpu settings carry week to week. I also think some people do it preemptively just in case something comes up, but still want to play if possible

#1204 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Is there an Android app to keep up with league info?
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#1205 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

I think the unwritten rule is to wait to the last possible day to play those games, unless the owner specifically says it's okay. Reason being is cpu settings carry week to week. I also think some people do it preemptively just in case something comes up, but still want to play if possible

Probably should be officially stated by Nate or somebody though cause people forget (ie, buffalo playing my CPU last night on the first night of a new set of games). Not ragging on the buffalo owner at all, just think it should be more clearly defined to try and minimize future occurrences.

#1206 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Probably should be officially stated by Nate or somebody though cause people forget (ie, buffalo playing my CPU last night on the first night of a new set of games). Not ragging on the buffalo owner at all, just think it should be more clearly defined to try and minimize future occurrences.

I think Nate did say that

#1207 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

So if owners have their teams already set to CPU from the first day of the advancement is it ok just to play the CPU in those cases? I am thinking of the Ducks and Oilers owners they always seem to have their games set to CPU.

Absolutely not. People are doing this as a courtesy in case things get close to the deadline and games have yet to be played. Playing any team with an owner the first chance you get just because they happen to be set to CPU is a dick move. Nobody should be doing this. There's no reason people can't send out PM's and at least ask the owner if they'd like to play the game. Obviously, not coming down on you here, ajh, but it's happened a few times with people already...and I want to put the kibosh on this line of thinking immediately.

And people wonder why leagues have so many rules. It's because there's no room for common sense and "unwritten rules" on the internet. Guess I'll be drafting up a few more bullet points for the OP.

Is there an Android app to keep up with league info?

Nope. NHL app is iOS only.

It was addressed the last time it came up. I didn't add it to the OP at the time, because lets be honest, how many people would go look at the OP before playing the CPU anyway? But yeah, I'll do that now so at least there are no excuses. I'm thinking a punishment system of a one time warning, followed by having to set your own team to CPU for 3 games is reasonable. I would do 1 for 1, but to me...people need to be paying attention, and just playing the CPU whenever you feel like it isn't going to fly.

#1208 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

To anybody who needs to play the Canucks I will be on tonight from around 10:00 to 12:00 est. And if we can set up a time today I could be on from 9:00 am tomorrow to about 2:00 pm est. Just message me here on via XBL to set-up times to play.

p.s.
If I am on and playing Dishonored just message me and I will switch games.

#1209 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

I played MVP last night. Not sure who is on my schedule since I forgot to write it down, but I do have 1 game against Colorado. I don't know if I can play tonight or not, but I can definitely play multiple games tomorrow afternoon and evening if the Kings' opponents are available.

#1210 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

I have not logged into NHL in the past few days. Not sure who needs to play St. Louis, but I'm free some Saturday and as of right now all day Sunday and Monday.
Posted Image

#1211 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Avengers Assemble!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

Hey Matt. I got you on this scd. When do you want to play
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#1212 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Have a total of 7 games. To play. I'm glad 3 are against the CPU. I simulated all 3 of them. The two with Elliot I won and the one with halak. I lost. Halak really has been letting a lot in the net the past few games. I think I might start playing Elliot.
Posted Image

#1213 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

I have not logged into NHL in the past few days. Not sure who needs to play St. Louis, but I'm free some Saturday and as of right now all day Sunday and Monday.

We have a game, I am the Pens. Saturday is lining up to be pretty crazy for me but I should be able to play Sunday night after about 6 pm MST.

#1214 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

Winnipeg and New Jersey, let me know when you guys are ready to play.

I want to say good game to Montreal, Washington, Pittsburgh and Colorado. All of you guys did well. Toronto, you and your CPU skills are no match against Carolina. Toronto are a bunch of punks and will always be punks.

#1215 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

We have a game, I am the Pens. Saturday is lining up to be pretty crazy for me but I should be able to play Sunday night after about 6 pm MST.

I wouldn't be able to play Saturday unless it was really early or really late anyway. Sunday seems to be the best day for me this weekend to play. I will be on at 6 your time.
Posted Image

#1216 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

Hey Matt. I got you on this scd. When do you want to play

I can play tonight if you're available, just have to be done before midnight Eastern since that's when I have a Madden league game scheduled. Please let me know what time works for you, and we can probably set it up.

#1217 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Forgive me for this, but didn't I see something earlier that said the last schedule block was the last time to sign free agents? I did a search and someone else posted it as well, yet I'm on the screen right now looking at free agents.

#1218 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Forgive me for this, but didn't I see something earlier that said the last schedule block was the last time to sign free agents? I did a search and someone else posted it as well, yet I'm on the screen right now looking at free agents.

It did say something about free agents. I think it had something to do with qualifying free agents. Which the only thing I can think of is RFA, but that wouldn't apply to this time of year. Like you, I was also looking at them the other day since I'm in need of some D-men and RWers since my team has become an injury hotbed for both positions.

The only other thing I can think of is rookies that haven't been signed by their drafted team. If anyone knows for sure, it would be interesting to know.

Also I know Darktower and I were curious to know if anyone has figured out how to resign and/or cut players? It'd be nice to lock up some of my UFAs and RFAs now to give an idea of what my cap might look like for next season.

#1219 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

I'm on CPU. Record can't get any worse.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1220 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

I'm on CPU. Record can't get any worse.

Sure you don't wanna play me? I was gonna pull this move off and Hopefully ignite some type of massive fight for payback what happened in 2004, one of my favorite playoff series ever.

#1221 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Lost Hedman for 23 games. Fucking great.

Apologies for using this thread as the "Colorado Avalanche Injury Blog"

#1222 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

Panthers beat Flyers 3-2, GWG less than a minute left in OT.

Damn GG Mr Hockey

Edited by Flyersfan, 16 October 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#1223 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

Tomorrow I'm playing Flyers at 5:30 pm eastern and Rangers at some point. Just want to confirm. Also, Pens we can do our rematch me pull out my goalie you score we sit for 15 mins whenever you want.

#1224 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

Tomorrow I'm playing Flyers at 5:30 pm eastern and Rangers at some point. Just want to confirm. Also, Pens we can do our rematch me pull out my goalie you score we sit for 15 mins whenever you want.

I'll be in our games ready up menu at 5:30.

#1225 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

To anybody playing the Canucks feel free to play the CPU I am going to get stuck working a double today. So after not getting home till 10:30pm tonight just to turn right back around to be here again at 5:15 on Sunday morning video games will have to wait.

#1226 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

I'll be on a little later than that.

#1227 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Having one hell of a battle with my internet provider. Tried to play N8 last night but I could not connect to EA servers.
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I did a speed test and I am getting 7.5 mbs... I pay for 100 mbs
That is a little frustrating to say the least.

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#1228 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Having one hell of a battle with my internet provider. Tried to play N8 last night but I could not connect to EA servers.
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I did a speed test and I am getting 7.5 mbs... I pay for 100 mbs
That is a little frustrating to say the least.

Wow...that's insane. If I was paying for 100mbps and having those problems, I'd lose my mind. That's so much more than playing an online game needs. You should be easily able to stream full HD with 7.1 surround sound with that speed.

#1229 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Teams playing Detroit, I'm not gonna be able to play tomorrow like I thought I was gonna, so I'm going to set my games to CPU tonight.

#1230 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Please go play my CPU, four games in a day (irl) and I dont even want to look at ice or a puck till tomorrow.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?