Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1231 IndoAssassin

IndoAssassin

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

whoever needs to play winnipeg go ahead and play my cpu. today and tomorrow I'm gonna be busy most of the day so don't think I'll get any play time in.

#1232 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Hey Philly. I'm on waiting for ya. I think you got on Xbox then got right off

#1233 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Wow, trying learn more about the NHL rules by playing NHL 13 would be like saying I want to learn more about boot camp by playing Call of Duty.

This whole article has me smacking my head. Good thing this is the first year we can use a female!

http://www.joystiq.c...demy/#continued

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1234 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Got the replay with Destro done. Totally classy way to handle a crappy job by EA. He pulled his goalie to let me go up 1-0 and then we just killed the clock.

#1235 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Wow, trying learn more about the NHL rules by playing NHL 13 would be like saying I want to learn more about boot camp by playing Call of Duty.

This whole article has me smacking my head. Good thing this is the first year we can use a female!

http://www.joystiq.c...demy/#continued

Meh...I get what the guy is trying to say, but I think expecting a video game to teach you what the sport is and how to play it is a bit stupid. If you didn't have much exposure to the sport before that, why would you be buying the game to begin with? Oh wait...when you're a reviewer and you get games sent to you for free, you don't really take that into account. Silly me.

To me, it comes off as an instance of a gamer trying to find a reason to tolerate sports, as opposed to a sports fan trying to find a reason to tolerate the game. I definitely consider myself to be in the latter category. If he has an actual desire to learn about hockey, buy "Hockey For Dummies", rent Hockey DVDs, etc (I'd say "watch games" but uh...yeah, lol). You also can't expect to pick up on much when you play the game three times for 20 minutes each time. I always find it hilarious that some people will pour 200+ hours into an RPG, learning the mythos and backstory for every NPC in the game, but ask them to sit through a 3 hour sporting event and they're like "That's soooo long!!!!" You mean sports have complex rules and strategies that take time and effort to grasp? GTFO!!! :dunce:

To use your comparison, Gary, Call of Duty doesn't teach me what a gun is or why I keep getting shot in the face. Super Mario Brothers doesn't teach me why jumping on someone's head is the most effective method of killing them or why eating mushrooms makes me grow twice as big (ha...well, maybe it does!) But yeah...I'm generally annoyed with articles from "gamers" who try to understand sports. The notion that Wisconsin is "not a hockey state" is also beyond moronic. Hey, numbnuts. Go check out your Wisconsin Badgers hockey teams (both the men's and women's). I hear they're decent.

EDIT - To be fair, upon re-read, he called Wisconsin a "no man's land" for pro teams. Whatever. Still a stupid statement. That's like saying there's no good hockey in Maine because the NHL hasn't given Bangor a team yet. Ignorant.

Edited by n8rockerasu, 13 October 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#1236 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

Hey Philly. I'm on waiting for ya. I think you got on Xbox then got right off

My Internet crapped out, I'm really sorry about that, didnt mean to waste your time sitting in the menu. You can play the CPU if you want, and I'm free and available the rest of the night if you feel like playing me.

#1237 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

Honestly, I started playing hockey IRL cause of you guys. Back with 11. It pissed me off to no end. I decided, Fuck it. I'll go get equipment and play my damn self and enjoy it and be proud of it. Granted, I played a lot when I was a teenager and then stopped. but it all came back to me. Case in point, wife knows all the rules now and kept up with the Lightning last year. She knows more than I do about them! It's just a matter of applying self.

TL;DR: Either learn the sport or not. Dont nit pick a game till you know the sport.

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1238 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

I still need

Ducks
Kings
Coyotes
Devils

Come on guys. I hate having to sim my games. When I at I have a chance to win if its simmed I get a loss. I'll be on till about 12. If I'm on something eles message me. I'll switch over,
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#1239 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

Has the Devils guy been playing his games? It looks like he posted on 10/10, but I'm not sure if any games were played as a result of that. Has anybody played him recently?

#1240 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

EDIT - To be fair, upon re-read, he called Wisconsin a "no man's land" for pro teams. Whatever. Still a stupid statement. That's like saying there's no good hockey in Maine because the NHL hasn't given Bangor a team yet. Ignorant.

Not to mention last I checked, Milwaukee is still in Wisconsin isn't it? Apparently the Admirals aren't a pro team because they're not in the NHL.

Has the Devils guy been playing his games? I feel like we haven't heard from him lately. Has anybody played him recently?

I played him last week. Try sending him a message on Live. He is usually easier to get a hold of the way.

Just have one last game before we advance. Still waiting on the Rangers.

#1241 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

Not to mention last I checked, Milwaukee is still in Wisconsin isn't it? Apparently the Admirals aren't a pro team because they're not in the NHL.

He mentions them, but says they're not "exciting". It just seems nuts to me thinking of a place known for its cold weather as not being a hockey friendly place. When you have the possiblity of playing on a frozen pond, you live in a hockey friendly place. I'd agree with the guy if he lived in Oklahoma or something.

#1242 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

I messaged the devils via xbox live a few days ago but have not heard from him yet. I hope I get to play him sometime since he doesn't have his CPU enabled . I refuse to have my game simmed!

#1243 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

I just played the Devils, he's on now. Message him on XBL now to get a game in.

Destro, I didnt even know he was injured, but that 5 minute major knocked Hartnell out 3 games. I feel like I lost to the Devils just now because of that. He's a Devils killer.

Spoiler

#1244 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

What time is the advancement? I'm still trying to get some games in
check out my tradelist :

#1245 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:11 AM

You'll have at least until the end of tomorrow.

#1246 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

I just messaged devils a few minutes ago to see if he can game real quick but it looks he has been away for about 25 minutes now. I'm about to fall asleep. Can't wait on him much longer.

#1247 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

http://www.dirtydang...statistics.html

Enjoy!

Vulcan7905.png

#1248 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

I have him 2 lol. Maybe we can all knock out some games tommorow morning. If someone has it set to CPU is the night before advancement ok to go ahead and play it?
check out my tradelist :

#1249 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:56 AM

What time is the advancement? I'm still trying to get some games in

EVERYBODY READ THIS...PLEASE (we seem to get this question every time)

The date listed is always the LAST DAY to play games. When I posted the deadline this time, I even put that it was by 11:59 PM EST on 10/14. I just can't fit all that in the thread title. The advancement will either be after midnight tomorrow...or more likely, the morning of 10/15.

#1250 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

10-4 I was getting confused. Thought it was midnight last night since today is the 14th now.
check out my tradelist :

#1251 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

I just played the Devils, he's on now. Message him on XBL now to get a game in.

Destro, I didnt even know he was injured, but that 5 minute major knocked Hartnell out 3 games. I feel like I lost to the Devils just now because of that. He's a Devils killer.

Spoiler

My CPU actually got that major. And it also wasn't a major lol

#1252 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

10-4 I was getting confused. Thought it was midnight last night since today is the 14th now.

Yeah, I'll change "Advancing" to "Deadline" so maybe it's a little more clear. Even if I said "Due By", I think people would ask the same thing. Like I said, I do it like that so I at least have the option of advancing after midnight. A lot of nights though, I probably won't have the option of being on that late, so that's why I end up doing it the next morning. But the idea is still the same.

Also, Minnesota (I know you're just getting back from vacation...or will be tomorrow) and Edmonton (still having internet issues?), I'm probably not going to have much time to play tomorrow, so sorry but since you both have yours set to CPU, I'm just going to play them now. I hate to do it like that, but since you both had odd circumstances, I'm hoping it won't be a big deal.

#1253 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

Yeah, I'll change "Advancing" to "Deadline" so maybe it's a little more clear. Even if I said "Due By", I think people would ask the same thing. Like I said, I do it like that so I at least have the option of advancing after midnight. A lot of nights though, I probably won't have the option of being on that late, so that's why I end up doing it the next morning. But the idea is still the same.

Also, Minnesota (I know you're just getting back from vacation...or will be tomorrow) and Edmonton (still having internet issues?), I'm probably not going to have much time to play tomorrow, so sorry but since you both have yours set to CPU, I'm just going to play them now. I hate to do it like that, but since you both had odd circumstances, I'm hoping it won't be a big deal.

I feel like deadline will probably still confuse people since many people equate "deadline 10/14" as having your games done BY OR BEFORE the morning of 10/14, not the night of 10/14 or morning of 10/15. Not really sure of a better idea at the moment, but I wouldnt count on deadline magically solving the issue.

And when an opponent has been set to CPU, what is the exact timeframe we should give them till? I had one owner I was supposed to play this week, he didnt show up at our scheduled time but he can probably play tomorrow while I probably can't, just wondering what the proper procedure should be for instances like this.

#1254 twick87

twick87

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

How about just changing the title to: Advancing at 8am on the 15th...that makes it pretty clear even if it takes u til later in the morning to advance...

#1255 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

Trade:

Calgary Gets:

MTL 2013 1st
MTL 2013 2nd
RW Michael Blunden 72 OVR / 3 Star w/ 50/50 chance / .615M 1 YL 2-way / GRN /25 years old

Montreal Gets:
D Jay Bouwmeester 86 OVR / 4 Star reached potential / 6.680M 2 YL 1-way / TWD / 29 years old

EDIT: I may have messed up the player I'm giving up. So if you are able to check Nate, and either post the player name or just decline it and I can retry it. I got the offer to go through and accepted it, but thought that it sent a message to you with the pending trade. However, it doesn't. When I re-created it to see if it was the right one, Blunden worked, but for some reason I'm thinking it was a younger player and a D-man. Just wanted to give a heads up so it doesn't look like I'm trying to pass it off as something it's not. So either it was the right one, or somehow I'm going to have two trades listed this one and a different one. All other details the same, just my player I'm trading may be different.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#1256 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

I have set myself to CPU for the games against Dallas and the Devils. Have my game scheduled against the Blues for tomorrow night that I will be able to play but probably won't be around to get the last two games in.

#1257 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

I feel like deadline will probably still confuse people since many people equate "deadline 10/14" as having your games done BY OR BEFORE the morning of 10/14, not the night of 10/14 or morning of 10/15. Not really sure of a better idea at the moment, but I wouldnt count on deadline magically solving the issue.

And when an opponent has been set to CPU, what is the exact timeframe we should give them till? I had one owner I was supposed to play this week, he didnt show up at our scheduled time but he can probably play tomorrow while I probably can't, just wondering what the proper procedure should be for instances like this.

Yeah, I don't expect it to anyway. Just hoping eventually everyone will have read how things are handled and will know what the date listed in the title means (ie. last day to play your games). The alternative of course is listing it as "Deadline 10/15" and then having people absolutely flip their shit when I advance us first thing in the morning, thinking they had the rest of the day to get their games played. Ah, the life of a commissioner, lol ;)

As for your last question, that's a touchy issue. In MY opinion, if he missed an agreed upon time, it should be his burden to bear to work around your schedule. I don't think it would be fair at all for him to play the CPU...or even for the game to be simmed when it's not your fault that it didn't get played. In that case, if he really can't get on when you can play, I think you should play the CPU.

How about just changing the title to: Advancing at 8am on the 15th...that makes it pretty clear even if it takes u til later in the morning to advance...

Or even better, I could make it "Advancing at 8am on the 15th...unless I am still up at midnight the night before, in which case we would be advancing at midnight." Also, you didn't indicate a time zone. Aren't people going to get confused wondering whose 8 am that refers to? ;)

Seriously though, I don't think it's that complicated. People just need to learn what it means. I don't think it's asking too much for people to remember that it means that's the last day you have to play your games.

#1258 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

Trade:

Calgary Gets:

MTL 2013 1st
MTL 2013 2nd
RW Michael Blunden 72 OVR / 3 Star w/ 50/50 chance / .615M 1 YL 2-way / GRN /25 years old

Montreal Gets:
D Jay Bouwmeester 86 OVR / 4 Star reached potential / 6.680M 2 YL 1-way / TWD / 29 years old

EDIT: I may have messed up the player I'm giving up. So if you are able to check Nate, and either post the player name or just decline it and I can retry it. I got the offer to go through and accepted it, but thought that it sent a message to you with the pending trade. However, it doesn't. When I re-created it to see if it was the right one, Blunden worked, but for some reason I'm thinking it was a younger player and a D-man. Just wanted to give a heads up so it doesn't look like I'm trying to pass it off as something it's not. So either it was the right one, or somehow I'm going to have two trades listed this one and a different one. All other details the same, just my player I'm trading may be different.

We had a discussion before about trades that are largely based around draft picks and that they're frowned upon. We're all trying to aim for multiple seasons here, but until we prove that we can do it, taking an all star player for a few draft picks and a scrub is basically pillaging the CPU's roster with potentially no consequence. If others disagree, feel free to speak up...but I know the last time it came up, it wasn't a popular move.

And yeah, that wasn't the right player. It's D, Magnus Nygren, a 22 year old with a 58 OVR and 3 star potential. I'm not the only deciding voice here, but yeah...don't think this one is gonna pass, lol.

EDIT - Actually, wait...no, it does show up twice....one with each player. That's freaking weird. I'll still wait to hear more thoughts, but this will likely have to be decided before we advance, since we found out the game tends to auto approve trades if you leave them idle when you advance.

#1259 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

Sorry boys, the Internet issue is getting better... If you like a dark comedy. I am now getting 0.98 mbs download speed. WTF. I have a tech coming Tuesday, they say its external and something is wrong going from pt a to pt b. we'll see. Sorry guys. Play my CPU as you can, I'm not sure how this will play out. I'll keep updating.

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#1260 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

Sorry boys, the Internet issue is getting better... If you like a dark comedy. I am now getting 0.98 mbs download speed. WTF. I have a tech coming Tuesday, they say its external and something is wrong going from pt a to pt b. we'll see. Sorry guys. Play my CPU as you can, I'm not sure how this will play out. I'll keep updating.

Damn, that sucks. At least they're acknowledging that it's on their end and aren't telling you "Um...I think your router is broken. You should buy a new one", lol.

Also, I just finished playing your CPU, and when your guys scored 2 goals on their first 3 shots, I was worried. I managed to tie it up in the 3rd to push it to OT, and then won it on a Scott Hannan wrist shot that beat the goalie stick side. I outshot them 17-7...so, ooh la la Rinne and that 71.4% save percentage, haha. At least you got the point for the OT loss though.