Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1261 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

Also, Minnesota (I know you're just getting back from vacation...or will be tomorrow) and Edmonton (still having internet issues?), I'm probably not going to have much time to play tomorrow, so sorry but since you both have yours set to CPU, I'm just going to play them now..

No problem, I didn't expect anyone to wait on me. I just got home so I should be good to go for the next period here. Hopefully my team is somewhat healthy still :)

#1262 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

Awesome N8, at least you got it in. If I didn't have my iPhone I'd be efd

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#1263 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

No problem, I didn't expect anyone to wait on me. I just got home so I should be good to go for the next period here. Hopefully my team is somewhat healthy still :)

I can assure you I did not injure anybody. Though one of your CPU players had a boarding penalty that scared the shit out of me, lol. And another one of your guys chucked David Legwand across the ice like a ragdoll. But he got up, brushed himself off, and then scored, so that was cool, haha. ;)

#1264 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

We had a discussion before about trades that are largely based around draft picks and that they're frowned upon. We're all trying to aim for multiple seasons here, but until we prove that we can do it, taking an all star player for a few draft picks and a scrub is basically pillaging the CPU's roster with potentially no consequence. If others disagree, feel free to speak up...but I know the last time it came up, it wasn't a popular move.

And yeah, that wasn't the right player. It's D, Magnus Nygren, a 22 year old with a 58 OVR and 3 star potential. I'm not the only deciding voice here, but yeah...don't think this one is gonna pass, lol.

EDIT - Actually, wait...no, it does show up twice....one with each player. That's freaking weird. I'll still wait to hear more thoughts, but this will likely have to be decided before we advance, since we found out the game tends to auto approve trades if you leave them idle when you advance.

I wanted to do the Blunden one, but was messing around and had done it with Nygren first when trying to mess with some of my prospects who I didn't see me using in the future due to their counterparts at the same positions being fairly young and having a decent amount of time left on their contracts.

I know what you are saying about the picks... My main reason for the trade is that my D doesn't have too much depth and even less with 2 of my top 4 out still. The picks were one of the strongest things that met their block requests, so that was my best option to make the trade work. The negative is that I'm eating a fat contract with Bouwmeester that is going to definitely limit my spending in the off-season.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#1265 twick87

twick87

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

hey looks like im not the only one up at 5am lol. only im pullin an all-nighter studying for a final exam and not playing NHL :(

#1266 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

How about just changing the title to: Advancing at 8am on the 15th...that makes it pretty clear even if it takes u til later in the morning to advance...

Ding, ding, ding.

#1267 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

I always saw deadline as midnight of that day. Or in other words, the day I would start an assignment for a college class with a deadline of 10/14 knowing I had until 11:59 to get it in (did that way more than I should have).

#1268 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Part of the problem with the whole advancing thing is the character limit in post titles.

As far as the trade, the only thing I would say is that though there are two draft picks, they are likley going to be one of the last picks of each round at this point, judging by MTL's record. I wouldn't say this makes it outrageously unfair, but the Draft picks aren't as good as they might seem. Also, didnt Calgary deal Iginla for draft picks this year too (on my phone, hard to use search feature)? One mustt think the Calgary A. I is in a rebuild mode. My thoughts about this is if a human picks up the team and we don't go far enough into it, they are going to have a gimped team. On the other hand, we are already a quarter of they way thru knew season, so maybe it won't be a big issue.

More just playing devils advocate here, as having a bad team in my division only helps me lol :p

#1269 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Part of the problem with the whole advancing thing is the character limit in post titles.

As far as the trade, the only thing I would say is that though there are two draft picks, they are likley going to be one of the last picks of each round at this point, judging by MTL's record. I wouldn't say this makes it outrageously unfair, but the Draft picks aren't as good as they might seem. Also, didnt Calgary deal Iginla for draft picks this year too (on my phone, hard to use search feature)? One mustt think the Calgary A. I is in a rebuild mode. My thoughts about this is if a human picks up the team and we don't go far enough into it, they are going to have a gimped team. On the other hand, we are already a quarter of they way thru knew season, so maybe it won't be a big issue.

More just playing devils advocate here, as having a bad team in my division only helps me lol :p

As the GM of the Edmonton Oilers I approve this deal (I have lost to Calgary twice... but i'm horrible so any advantage is welcomed)

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#1270 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

As for your last question, that's a touchy issue. In MY opinion, if he missed an agreed upon time, it should be his burden to bear to work around your schedule. I don't think it would be fair at all for him to play the CPU...or even for the game to be simmed when it's not your fault that it didn't get played. In that case, if he really can't get on when you can play, I think you should play the CPU.

Yeah, he might be around today so I think we're gonna try again, its just frustrating when there isnt any communication. We were supposed to play Thursday night and I didnt get any PMs from him till Saturday.

#1271 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

Chicago here.

I still have San Jose, New Jersey, and Buffalo to go. I have been in touch with Buffalo and may be able to get a game in late tonight, but I'm going to be out watching the Packers/Texans game so it won't be until about 20-30 minutes after that before I will be on. I have set myself to CPU for whoever may not be up that late.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#1272 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Chicago here.

I still have San Jose, New Jersey, and Buffalo to go. I have been in touch with Buffalo and may be able to get a game in late tonight, but I'm going to be out watching the Packers/Texans game so it won't be until about 20-30 minutes after that before I will be on. I have set myself to CPU for whoever may not be up that late.

Good luck trying to get a hold of New Jersey since he does not communicate. I have yet to hear from him.

#1273 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

I was out watching a miserable ECHL game yesterday, but I have until 8 P.M. Eastern today to play. I'm Los Angeles. My remaining schedule is as follows:

Columbus (CPU, I believe)
Florida
Minnesota
Dallas

I'll send out PM's as a reminder. Wanna play all 4 if possible.

#1274 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Just played CPU Detroit, lost 4-2 despite outshooting them 26-18. Detroit had 2 lucky goals (1 dribbler from the blue line that was actually reviewed, and 1 where Thomas decided to watch the defender in front of the net instead of the puck, leaving half the net wide open). Fuck you EA!

#1275 redshadow

redshadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Ninjas, my bad. I've been looking for you and tried to send you a friend request on XBL but your list is full.

Got invited with a couple chicks to go to a strip club last night. Had to put NHL13 up for the night, 'nomsayin?!

Haha. I'm on right now though.

Played the flyers last night. I'm still notsureifsrs about that Josefson penalty. Philadelphia was banging into me all game, and the minute my guy gets involved after a whistle, I get called for roughing.

#1276 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Got invited with a couple chicks to go to a strip club last night. Had to put NHL13 up for the night, 'nomsayin?!

Posted Image

#1277 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Just played CPU Detroit, lost 4-2 despite outshooting them 26-18. Detroit had 2 lucky goals (1 dribbler from the blue line that was actually reviewed, and 1 where Thomas decided to watch the defender in front of the net instead of the puck, leaving half the net wide open). Fuck you EA!

I know what you mean just played the CPU Stars and lost 4-2. Was down 3-0 after one after out shooting them 12-3. Yep they scored on all three on their shots in the first. I ended the game hitting at least 7 posts and missed one wide open net as the Stars goalie laid on the ice on the other side of the net.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1278 redshadow

redshadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Good luck trying to get a hold of New Jersey since he does not communicate. I have yet to hear from him.

Chill out.

I've already said that the best way to get in touch with me is to hit me with a PM here on the forum because I get the email on my phone. I usually respond to those messages in 1-2 days max. Checking my inbox, I have zero such forum messages from you. I also can't add you on xbox live to ever check to see if you're around because your friends list is full.

I don't keep my xbox on all day, so your messages only get to me if I hop on xbox live. Again, YOU have a full friends list... so no, I'm not going to track down your xbox live profile every time I'm on to see if you're around.

#1279 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I have LA ( i received your pm will try to be on) Anaheim, ST.L, and EDM... the last 3 are set to cpu . Let me know if its alright to play these games or if you guys will be on tonight.

#1280 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

I've already said that the best way to get in touch with me is to hit me with a PM here on the forum because I get the email on my phone.

This should be how all league members are communicating. XBL messages are ok, but yeah, not everybody gets on their Xbox everyday. If Microsoft was ever able to implement email/mobile notifications, I'd be fine with it. But right now, CAG does a better job of that.

I usually respond to those messages in 1-2 days max.

Well, with a 5 day advancement schedule, you should be trying to check more often than every 2 days. Maybe there's room for improvement on all sides here.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#1281 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Chill out.

I've already said that the best way to get in touch with me is to hit me with a PM here on the forum because I get the email on my phone. I usually respond to those messages in 1-2 days max. Checking my inbox, I have zero such forum messages from you. I also can't add you on xbox live to ever check to see if you're around because your friends list is full.

I don't keep my xbox on all day, so your messages only get to me if I hop on xbox live. Again, YOU have a full friends list... so no, I'm not going to track down your xbox live profile every time I'm on to see if you're around.

I apologize for sounding like a douche. You could have messaged me to tell me my friends list is full. I could have fixed that.

Edited by Ninjas in a Box, 14 October 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#1282 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Looks like I have a storm moving in. I think I was to play someone tonight at 5 CST, but with this storm I'm not sure. For anyone that needs to play St. Louis it it is after 9 CST you can play the CPU. I'm not sure when I will be on with the storm moving in. I don't like to run my 360 if their is a storm.
Posted Image

#1283 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

I'll be on about 8 or 9 EST tonight to try to get in my game with the Rangers.

#1284 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Looks like I have a storm moving in. I think I was to play someone tonight at 5 CST, but with this storm I'm not sure. For anyone that needs to play St. Louis it it is after 9 CST you can play the CPU. I'm not sure when I will be on with the storm moving in. I don't like to run my 360 if their is a storm.

I'll try to keep a look out for you

#1285 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

I've Sent both XBL messages (which he said he prefers) and a pm on here to the Sharks. It's frustrating knowing if he doesn't contact me soon that it has to be simmed, every one of my injuries have occurred during simmed games except Briere so I'd rather be in control.

I Know real life happens, but that's why everyone should set their game up to enable CPU play. You don't have to do it for evey game, just do it once and never turn it off. We all know not to play a player who has selected CPU until the last day.

#1286 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

I've Sent both XBL messages (which he said he prefers) and a pm on here to the Sharks. It's frustrating knowing if he doesn't contact me soon that it has to be simmed, every one of my injuries have occurred during simmed games except Briere so I'd rather be in control.

I Know real life happens, but that's why everyone should set their game up to enable CPU play. You don't have to do it for evey game, just do it once and never turn it off. We all know not to play a player who has selected CPU until the last day.

I do think we need to just go ahead and create a policy for this. It's going to become an even bigger issue as the league goes on. I thnk the basic policy should be this:

Everyone is REQUIRED to enable CPU play

Everyone must PM their opponent before even considering playing the CPU

No games vs the CPU should be played before the day of the deadline unless given permission by the owner (games against unowned teams can be played at any time)

If a player is reported as having played the CPU for an owned team before the day of the deadline, you get one warning. After that, you're suspended for 3 games (meaning, 3 opponents get to play your CPU). I'm hoping a 1:3 ratio would be enough to encourage people to pay attention and double check before just launching into a game against the CPU.

If anyone else has anything to add to this or something they think should be changed, feel free to speak up.

#1287 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

I do think we need to just go ahead and create a policy for this. It's going to become an even bigger issue as the league goes on. I thnk the basic policy should be this:

Everyone is REQUIRED to enable CPU play

Everyone must PM their opponent before even considering playing the CPU

No games vs the CPU should be played before the day of the deadline unless given permission by the owner (games against unowned teams can be played at any time)

If a player is reported as having played the CPU for an owned team before the day of the deadline, you get one warning. After that, you're suspended for 3 games (meaning, 3 opponents get to play your CPU). I'm hoping a 1:3 ratio would be enough to encourage people to pay attention and double check before just launching into a game against the CPU.

If anyone else has anything to add to this or something they think should be changed, feel free to speak up.

What about something where if you are reported you get 1 warning, then if it happens again you have to forfeit a game? I ask this only because we all know that playing the CPU is anything but an automatic win.

#1288 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

What about something where if you are reported you get 1 warning, then if it happens again you have to forfeit a game? I ask this only because we all know that playing the CPU is anything but an automatic win.

That's a reasonable request, but where's the forfeit button? If you're suggesting that the person just start up a game with you and allow you to score goals, that would never work. You're not going to get people to show up for their punishment.

I realize playing the CPU isn't a perfect solution, but that's why I came up with the 3 game suspension. If it was just 1:1, people probably wouldn't really care. You have to remember, the objective here is to prevent it from happening at all.

#1289 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

Good games with Destro, MVP and Alan. Should have gone to OT with MVP but I hit that spot in the net where it doesn't count as a goal. Lovely.

#1290 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

Good games with Destro, MVP and Alan. Should have gone to OT with MVP but I hit that spot in the net where it doesn't count as a goal. Lovely.

I was wondering what the hell happened on that. Solid defensive game though both ways. Couldn't do shit on my power play.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...