Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1321 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

No, it was the same way in 12. I know it's hard to get used to if you don't play a lot of goalie (which I don't either), but honestly, it's really the most fair way to do it. Otherwise, one person's CPU goalie who has been a brick wall all game, stopping 40 out of 43 shots could continue to outperform the other person's goalie who has only stopped 10 out of 13 shots.

At least in these cases, it specifically comes down to your skill vs your opponent's skill. I had a penalty shot in my game against Flyersfan, and he stuffed me. I tried to get a quick feel to see how jumpy he would be, but he did a great job being patient and following the puck. I was impressed. The biggest thing that will help you is just playing a lot of online shootouts. They're very quick and easy to get into.

This. I play a lot of online games (well, in the past, not so much this year except this league.) I also poke check a lot and always end up giving up fast breaks where I have to dive back, so I tend to put myself in the position to be a goalie in shoot outs a lot. I've probably done that 10 times against peope in this league alone. Patience is key as in real life. Follow the puck, hope EA puck physics don't Fuck you over.

#1322 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

Gary, I'm lucky enough to have DP with you this week. And by DP of course I mean "Double Playtime". What else could it possibly mean...? Anyway, let me know what your availability looks like the rest of this week and we can have some fun...with the DP...the double playtime...

You want to have dp with Gary? Eeewwww... Keeps reading .....wait oooooooh okay doubly playtime not double penetra....nevermind.

Yeah gg from Nate. His team played better all around and definitely showed it in that game. The second goal (spin back hand) still makes me sick. I had two ai guys there to stop it instead their ai brain kicks in and just stand there. Pure loveliness.

Gg against flyers except the horrible lag in the game. You definitely played some great defense in the game.

Anaheim ducks told me to go ahead play the CPU game. Cam Ward decides he wants to play like pure shit in that game. Let's just say it was 4-0 middle of second period. I was finally able to get in a goal by the end of second. Third period, Carolina decides they want to play and tied it up 4-4 at the end of third period. Finally scored the winning goal in the middle of ot. But wait that's not all.... The game doesn't count. At that point I'm livid. So I decided to play the game again only to win it in ot 2-1.

Here's a video of some of the crap I went through in the first game against Anaheim.

http://www.easports....video/139346375

I've had enough of your shenanigans, Cam Ward. Enough is enough.

#1323 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

LOL...holy shit! That video is awesome, hahaha. Look at #55 before he takes that shot too. It's like he waves at the Cam like "Hey, buddy. You ready for this one? Look alive!" Wow.

I tell ya though, Jeremy, getting in on the man love, complaining about EA...you're starting to fit right in with us, lol. ;)

#1324 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

WOW. The more of this stuff I see the more I think I should just trade the game in. Should a shot like that even be able to happen. I don't know how the hell a goaltender would even let that in.
Posted Image

#1325 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

No, it was the same way in 12. I know it's hard to get used to if you don't play a lot of goalie (which I don't either), but honestly, it's really the most fair way to do it. Otherwise, one person's CPU goalie who has been a brick wall all game, stopping 40 out of 43 shots could continue to outperform the other person's goalie who has only stopped 10 out of 13 shots.

At least in these cases, it specifically comes down to your skill vs your opponent's skill. I had a penalty shot in my game against Flyersfan, and he stuffed me. I tried to get a quick feel to see how jumpy he would be, but he did a great job being patient and following the puck. I was impressed. The biggest thing that will help you is just playing a lot of online shootouts. They're very quick and easy to get into.

Still, you'd think that having goalie mode off would mean its actually, ya know, off instead of just being off except for penalty shots and shootouts where the game could be on the line. Especially since they didnt even bother to include any sort of explanation of what does what for your goalie...the first time I saw this was in a shootout in 13, couldnt exactly pause it to access the fuckin manual.

#1326 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

Wow @ that video.

#1327 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Sadly that isn't the first time I've seen that. I did something similar in a Be A Pro game when clearing on a penalty. Only difference was the puck bounced off the end boards and went off the goalies skate.

You'd think after being possible to do for 3 years they would have fixed it by now. Guess not. EA Sported!

#1328 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

This video was too good not the share. EA you should be ashamed of yourselves. EA's reply "We'll try harder next year."

#1329 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

But it happens in real life guys!

#1330 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Yeah, honestly, that shot going in is less disturbing than some of the ones the goalies routinely let in (see: soft backhanders). I'm ok with something having a 1:200 chance of going in. It's the 1:3 chances ones that ruin the game.

#1331 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Yeah, honestly, that shot going in is less disturbing than some of the ones the goalies routinely let in (see: soft backhanders). I'm ok with something having a 1:200 chance of going in. It's the 1:3 chances ones that ruin the game.

It just seems like when it rains it pours. Our game being a prime example. 3 of my 4 regulation losses Price let 3 goals in during the 1st. Then he does headstands.

#1332 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

Just sent a message to the two people that did get back with me about our games. The other two have not got back with me, but if they see this I won't be on till maybe late tonight if I'm on. We are having storms in the area and a lot of lightning around here. I planing on shutting down my computer soon.
Posted Image

#1333 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

Pheonix on right now, gonna be on for the hour and getting off at 10 est.

201224.pnggarrett007.png

#1334 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:53 AM

I'm gonna try to be on late tomorrow night to play some games, I don't know what my schedule it like for Friday yet.

#1335 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

Dallas quit?

#1336 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

Dallas quit?

Just saw that. With no reason?

#1337 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

I'm gonna try to be on late tomorrow night to play some games, I don't know what my schedule it like for Friday yet.

I should be around most of the night. Let me know if you are on and want to get our game in.

Same for Winnipeg (2 games) or New Jersey.

#1338 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

Indo, go ahead and play my CPU when you see this. I dont know if I'll be on tonight and tomorrow right after work I'm having a reunion weekend with a bunch of college friends so I'll be away from my 360 until at least Sunday afternoon possibly Monday.

On an unrelated note, I won against Matt last night on a breakaway goal with 7 seconds left by Dennis Seidenberg of all people...

#1339 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Just a reminder for anyone needing to play Chicago that I'm out the rest of the week and to play my CPU.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#1340 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

I have Phoenix and Detroit left. Hoping to play those 3 games tonight.

#1341 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Damn...look how awesome the cover could have been. This looks way better!

Posted Image

Also, Gary, whet's your timeframe for tonight? Your butt is my #1 priority. Wait...what? :) Also, I know WPark messaged me about playing the other night, but I was juggling too many games at that point. I think I have MrHockey too. Any of you guys going to be around tonight? I won't be able to play past 10 PM EST, but I should have a couple hours to get some games in.

#1342 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Wpark said he'd be around late tonight, but he has yet to respond with a specific time frame.

#1343 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

The current cover is so much better.

#1344 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

The current cover is so much better.

The hell it does. Giroux looks like he wants to rape a squirrel.

#1345 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

10 pm!

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1346 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

10 pm!

Ah, I can't play that late. I need to be finishing up around that time. Tomorrow?

#1347 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

I read it as Gary being surprised that you can't play any later than 10, but maybe I was wrong.Anyway, I just got my ass kicked twice by Phoenix and then lost on a late goal to CPU Ottawa. With 7 seconds to go in that game, Jeff carter was injured for 30 games. Fuck.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#1348 IndoAssassin

IndoAssassin

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

Im on right now playing be a pro mode. Just msg me or straight up invite me when you guys want to play.

#1349 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

I read it as Gary being surprised that you can't play any later than 10, but maybe I was wrong.

Hmm...interesting theory. He could have at least had the decency to raise the pitch of his voice at the end if it was indeed a question. Maybe someone forgot to put "?" on the teleprompter? Gary? Confirm or deny?

#1350 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

Just had two close games with Winnipeg. Each away team won, both games 2-1.