Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1381 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

Geez... Just played Toronto, and for whatever reason they have Irving in net (assuming Reimer is out injured) and I think they may have been better with no goalie at all. Final score ended up being 8-1 and it was 0.1 seconds away from being 9-1 since I fired a slap-shot at the end of the 2nd that hit the pad and trickled in. When the light came on the puck was 2/3 past the line.

Devils, Canes, Panthers, and Flyers... PMs going out. I'm going out in a little bit, but will be on tonight around late if you guys are on.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#1382 redshadow

redshadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

Responded to you, but if you already went out, we may have to wait until the weekday or tomorrow to get the game in.

#1383 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

Except no one could play games against your CPU last night, remember? So quit bitching.

Yeah, which wasn't my fault fuckface. Just thought it was shitty that someone played a game against my CPU this morning when I could have played them.

#1384 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

Yeah, which wasn't my fault fuckface. Just thought it was shitty that someone played a game against my CPU this morning when I could have played them.

Waaah! Waaah!

#1385 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

It's actually not. It was shitty for people to not be able to play teams last night because of roster issues...thereby forcing them into a sim situation that REALLY wasn't their fault (nothing like trying to play a game and being told you can't). This is the discussion we had while playing EASHL last night. If people wanted to, they could effectively stalemate a league just by screwing up their roster and never coming back. If enough teams did that, no games would even be able to be played against the CPU.

The only solution there would be kicking out the offending players (which is something I considered temporarily doing last night so people could play...but then I would have been hounded today by people wondering why they weren't in the league anymore). Either way, it's a piss poor design. But considering that if your roster didn't have issues last night, those games would have been played anyway, it seems like a silly thing to get upset about.

#1386 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

You know, in real hockey (non professional) you would either play with that amount or forfeit the game. Been many a times we had to play with 9 people or forfeit. Shame the NHL isn't the same way.

If it makes ya feel better WPark, you can play my CPU to your hearts extent.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1387 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

I have not logged on yet so I don't know who I'm playing. So if anyone needs to play St. Louis let me know. I can be on tomorrow night however I would prefer to play the 23rd or the 24th. I'm free all day the 23rd and 24th however the games can't be really late. 9pm CST is about the latest them days I would like to play. With my hours of work I will be falling asleep if I play tomorrow after work so I would rather not play then. Just PM me with the times you are able to play.
Posted Image

#1388 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

You know, in real hockey (non professional) you would either play with that amount or forfeit the game. Been many a times we had to play with 9 people or forfeit. Shame the NHL isn't the same way.

If it makes ya feel better WPark, you can play my CPU to your hearts extent.

No, I don't want to do that, that's not the point. And honestly, it wasn't even something I was all that upset about. What upset me more was getting jumped on by people who fucking bitch all the time about everything and don't get ANY shit for it. If people are having issues or problems personally that put a wrench in there schedule for a fucking video game, I obviously would understand. I was just curious as to why it didn't happen and asked a question, not calling someone an asshole.

And jza, are you 12?

#1389 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

No, I don't want to do that, that's not the point. And honestly, it wasn't even something I was all that upset about. What upset me more was getting jumped on by people who fucking bitch all the time about everything and don't get ANY shit for it. If people are having issues or problems personally that put a wrench in there schedule for a fucking video game, I obviously would understand. I was just curious as to why it didn't happen and asked a question, not calling someone an asshole.

And jza, are you 12?

You weren't upset about it, but felt the need to complain about us advancing a bit late. Whatever dude.

#1390 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image

#1391 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

http://deadspin.com/...d-up-to-call-it

A hockey bar in Columbus had an NHL 13 simulation running, and the Blue Jackets radio announcers showed up to announce it.

#1392 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

Obviously my opinion here is bias but he didn't know the factors in play.

Forgot to set my team to CPU, ill do it next time I get on.

I'm with you. Nate, he raised a valid issue that we've all been trying to minimize (owners playing CPU unnecessarily) and you go off on him like that? Obviously he didnt know your kid was sick.

#1393 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

I'm with you. Nate, he raised a valid issue that we've all been trying to minimize (owners playing CPU unnecessarily) and you go off on him like that? Obviously he didnt know your kid was sick.

Well, it wasn't even unnecessarily. I wasn't available last night and figured people would play my team as CPU. The roster thing wasn't my fault, N8 told me a guy on my team got injured when Dark Tower played me, and that's why the rosters were screwed up.

But someone played a CPU game against me this morning, after the deadline. They could have easily had checked in to see if I was available to play after the deadline, since I never really thought about doing that, thinking it would have already progressed. It really wasn't that huge of a deal, and I only expressed the thought because I felt it was a valid question, not to pick a fight.

#1394 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

He had already told people to play his CPU though. But no one was able to because of the roster issue. If he had a problem with people playing the CPU, why fix the roster before we advanced? It just doesn't make sense.

#1395 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Wpark, for the future, can you mute your Kinect during games? It's pretty stupid listening to you scream and curse at your TV, calling my goals bullshit, when you were the beneficiary of backhand rebounds for goals and Datsyuk walking through a hit from Shea Weber, losing the puck, having it stay right with him, and then taking a quick wrist shot for the game winner. Then, I get to listen to you celebrate. That was fun...

#1396 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

Wpark, for the future, can you mute your Kinect during games? It's pretty stupid listening to you scream and curse at your TV, calling my goals bullshit, when you were the beneficiary of backhand rebounds for goals and Datsyuk walking through a hit from Shea Weber, losing the puck, having it stay right with him, and then taking a quick wrist shot for the game winner. Then, I get to listen to you celebrate. That was fun...

Sure. Good game.

Actually, here's an awesome Universal Remote on Amazon for a good price, since yours was broke and couldn't turn your volume down. There are a couple more options there too.

http://www.amazon.co...niversal remote

#1397 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Sure. Good game.

Actually, here's an awesome Universal Remote on Amazon for a good price, since yours was broke and couldn't turn your volume down. There are a couple more options there too.

http://www.amazon.co...niversal remote

Why is the onus on me when you're the one being an asshole? Seriously, dude. I'm about done with you. Show some class, or get out of here.

#1398 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Why is the onus on me when you're the one being an asshole? Seriously, dude. I'm about done with you. Show some class, or get out of here.

Class? What if I was on a regular headset mic? Would you have asked me to shut off my mic then? If you had a problem with it when the game started, you could have messaged me and asked me to mute it. The only reason you are saying something about it now is because you lost. Anyone in this league can go back through this thread and see that every time you get yourself into an argument with someone, it's usually because you lost a game with them, you make some excuse or comment, and it blows up.

Which makes me wonder, why DIDN'T you say something to me about it early on?

#1399 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

Class? What if I was on a regular headset mic? Would you have asked me to shut off my mic then? If you had a problem with it when the game started, you could have messaged me and asked me to mute it. The only reason you are saying something about it now is because you lost. Anyone in this league can go back through this thread and see that every time you get yourself into an argument with someone, it's usually because you lost a game with them, you make some excuse or comment, and it blows up.

Which makes me wonder, why DIDN'T you say something to me about it early on?

This coming from the guy who rage quit on his own brother...

Who wears their headset in a game where they're not talking to somebody? I didn't have mine on. You were coming through my TV speakers over the in game sound (which normally sounds muffled with a regular headset...but this was pretty loud). I wasn't going to pause the game to type a message to you.

Your argument is so flawed I don't even know where to begin. I lost to both MrHockey and Vulcan2422 last week. Where's my posts complaining about them? It's a nice story, but it's simply not true. I don't know how many different ways this can be put, but I say it in all my leagues, I have no problem losing. I have a problem losing to people who aren't gracious winners. I don't think yelling about how my plays were "such fucking bullshit" and then typing "gg" at the end of the game makes you a good sport. If that's all you can be bothered to say about the game, I'd rather you say nothing.

Telling me to buy a remote when I request that you turn your mic off so no one has to listen to you ridicule everything they do on the ice doesn't really seem justified. It's no secret what I think of you personally. But I didn't come in here accusing you of anything or saying that you were lucky to win. I just asked if you could mute your kinect in the future. Believe it or not, that was a serious request. You're the one escalating it into something more.

#1400 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

This coming from the guy who rage quit on his own brother...

Who wears their headset in a game where they're not talking to somebody? I didn't have mine on. You were coming through my TV speakers over the in game sound (which normally sounds muffled with a regular headset...but this was pretty loud). I wasn't going to pause the game to type a message to you.

Your argument is so flawed I don't even know where to begin. I lost to both MrHockey and Vulcan2422 last week. Where's my posts complaining about them? It's a nice story, but it's simply not true. I don't know how many different ways this can be put, but I say it in all my leagues, I have no problem losing. I have a problem losing to people who aren't gracious winners. I don't think yelling about how my plays were "such fucking bullshit" and then typing "gg" at the end of the game makes you a good sport. If that's all you can be bothered to say about the game, I'd rather you say nothing.

Telling me to buy a remote when I request that you turn your mic off so no one has to listen to you ridicule everything they do on the ice doesn't really seem justified. It's no secret what I think of you personally. But I didn't come in here accusing you of anything or saying that you were lucky to win. I just asked if you could mute your kinect in the future. Believe it or not, that was a serious request. You're the one escalating it into something more.

Please, don't act like a UN ambassador now that you got caught looking like an idiot. That post wasn't just a simple request and you know it. The fact of the matter is, you could have asked me to mute my Kinect if you didn't like what you heard mid-game. End of story. It works both ways. But you wouldn't have said anything about it had you won in the end, and you know it.

Aso, you should edit out the knowing about me personally line in your post, because you know absolutely nothing of me personally, like I know absolutely nothing about you personally. Other than you have a kid.

#1401 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

If you were that opposed to it, why not just say "No. I refuse to be less of a dick." At least then I could respect you for being honest.

Personally
per·son·al·ly/ˈpərsənəlē/
Adverb:
1. Used to indicate that a specified person and no other is involved in something

#1402 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

n8, can you mute the player on the 360 if they are using the Kinect like you can if they are using the mic? That is what I suggest you do. You shouldn't have to, but I suggest that's what you do. I have not had to on NHL 13, but I have had to on ME3.

Wpark83, if you are yelling about bull shit plays or just what ever in the game I would think you know that your Kinect is picking you up. I don't have one, but can you mute it so this does not become an issue for anyone else. I would hate having to listen to you over the game myself.
Posted Image

#1403 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

n8, can you mute the player on the 360 if they are using the Kinect like you can if they are using the mic? That is what I suggest you do. You shouldn't have to, but I suggest that's what you do. I have not had to on NHL 13, but I have had to on ME3.

Wpark83, if you are yelling about bull shit plays or just what ever in the game I would think you know that your Kinect is picking you up. I don't have one, but can you mute it so this does not become an issue for anyone else. I would hate having to listen to you over the game myself.

I know the Kinect can do it, I honestly didnt realize I had reset it to On. I had turned it off a few months ago cause I was having feedback issues playing COD.

#1404 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

I wont be able to play until late Tuesay night. Letting anyone that has to play me know

#1405 redshadow

redshadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

Good game against Montreal tonight. I won the first game 1-0 I believe, and he won this one 1-0. Looking forward to the next one!

Any "bullshit" moments I've had with this game haven't really been due to cheap play or anything, but moreso just horrible AI. I can't count how many times tonight I would be coming in fast on the rush, would shoot from the half boards, put the puck on Prices' pads, and what would 99.9% of the time be an easy garbage goal in the NHL gets overskated by the left winger who apparently has no idea the puck is coming at him from the cage. I told MVP that henrique was making me rage so hard at the end of the game, and we both basically agree that the AI is garbage in this game, at times (most of the time, lezzzbeeehonest)

That shit just makes me rage all over the place. Also watching my guys overskate pucks again. I don't get it. I'll poke check the puck away, and when I go to play the puck, goes between the skates or between the stick and the skates. Frustrating to no end, and most of the time it seems like it's my top liners or second line, which *should* be the more productive lines with better stick mechanics... in an ideal world.

#1406 twick87

twick87

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

LOL, this just made my day.

#1407 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

Good game against Montreal tonight. I won the first game 1-0 I believe, and he won this one 1-0. Looking forward to the next one!

Any "bullshit" moments I've had with this game haven't really been due to cheap play or anything, but moreso just horrible AI. I can't count how many times tonight I would be coming in fast on the rush, would shoot from the half boards, put the puck on Prices' pads, and what would 99.9% of the time be an easy garbage goal in the NHL gets overskated by the left winger who apparently has no idea the puck is coming at him from the cage. I told MVP that henrique was making me rage so hard at the end of the game, and we both basically agree that the AI is garbage in this game, at times (most of the time, lezzzbeeehonest)

That shit just makes me rage all over the place. Also watching my guys overskate pucks again. I don't get it. I'll poke check the puck away, and when I go to play the puck, goes between the skates or between the stick and the skates. Frustrating to no end, and most of the time it seems like it's my top liners or second line, which *should* be the more productive lines with better stick mechanics... in an ideal world.

The best part is listening to EA's claims that they spent more time on the AI this year than in the past 3 years combined. What I always say to that is "So, what...about 15 minutes then?" To be fair though, some of those "shots" from the half boards generate ridiculous rebounds that any professional goaltender wouldn't have so much trouble handling. I've seen more garbage goals off backhanded flips from the blue line than anything.

The way rebounds work in this game is still incredibly stupid. Most of the time, the softer the shot, the bigger rebound it generates. Slappers rarely get rebounds, wrist shots, you have to whip at such an angle, the only rebounds you get are really hard, tough to handle ones. But backhanders and stupid little flips just bounce 2 feet out in front of the goalie and he just stares at it (if he can find it at all). I wouldn't mind them so much if the awareness of the goalie and the players around the net wasn't so terrible. To me, that's been the #1 way to score this year. Just throw crap on the net and hope for a stupid bounce.

#1408 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

In the last few games I was able to play it seemed like all I did was pass to the other team. I know against Matt and canbanana that is all it seemed like I did.
Posted Image

#1409 IndoAssassin

IndoAssassin

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

http://deadspin.com/...d-up-to-call-it

A hockey bar in Columbus had an NHL 13 simulation running, and the Blue Jackets radio announcers showed up to announce it.

Why is it always the Vancouver Canucks? I swear all of the highlights I see of records being broken involves the 'nucks lol.
Here we are in some bar in Columbus, playing a simmed game, with announcers and the opponent is the Vancouver Canucks and we're not even division rivals lol.

#1410 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Why is it always the Vancouver Canucks? I swear all of the highlights I see of records being broken involves the 'nucks lol.
Here we are in some bar in Columbus, playing a simmed game, with announcers and the opponent is the Vancouver Canucks and we're not even division rivals lol.

Because the Canucks seem to be the most hated team in hockey.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?