Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1651 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Minnesota, Montreal, and buffalo go ahead and play my CPU because I'm not sure I'll be able to make it on tonight either.

#1652 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

Anyone needing St. Louis can play the CPU. I'm dead tired after working 12 hours and I have to be back up tomorrow in the morning for another 12. I'm going to bed soon after posting this.
Posted Image

#1653 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

I sent one of my opponents a few messages this week and never got a reply. I see he's been online on XBL during the week so I sent him a msg on there tonight but don't know how long I should wait... What time should I wait till before playing someone's cpu?

#1654 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

I sent one of my opponents a few messages this week and never got a reply. I see he's been online on XBL during the week so I sent him a msg on there tonight but don't know how long I should wait... What time should I wait till before playing someone's cpu?

If they haven't responded by today (the day of the deadline), you're free to play their CPU.

#1655 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

I think I might be done also this game just is not fun to play. Just played a great game against San Jose just to lose on a goal where one of his players runs my goalie into the net with no call.

http://www.easports....video/141369805

EDIT:

Even better next game I lose David Booth for 40 games on a hit nowhere close to the play with nothing called.

Edited by ajh2298, 04 November 2012 - 03:16 AM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1656 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Can we have a rule where if people haven't played their games yet and it has to go to CPU they can make sure the roster is ready to go on the last day? I couldn't finish my schedule as a result and my only 3 totally simmed games on the season are 3 losses.

It's not that big of a deal, I'm more flabbergasted that the roster won't just fix it self automatically.

I know most people have issues with the game. This is pretty ridiculous though.

#1657 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Sent out a PM to all my games this cycle. Let me know when you guys can battle.

Chicago x2
St Louis
Colorado
Minnesota
Anaheim

#1658 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Can we have a rule where if people haven't played their games yet and it has to go to CPU they can make sure the roster is ready to go on the last day? I couldn't finish my schedule as a result and my only 3 totally simmed games on the season are 3 losses.

It's not that big of a deal, I'm more flabbergasted that the roster won't just fix it self automatically.

Sad thing is, I fixed it Friday night manually ( if you let the cpu fix your lines, it will put people on waivers no matter who it is) Be nice if it told you who to fix and where.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1659 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Sad thing is, I fixed it Friday night manually ( if you let the cpu fix your lines, it will put people on waivers no matter who it is) Be nice if it told you who to fix and where.

Yeah that wasn't even directed at you, I had other teams as well. I don't understand why the game can't do that automatically but it can sim the game. Makes no sense.

#1660 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Yeah, it's really broken. Even if you just have somebody returning from injury (which happened to me when I went to play a game last night), the game just won't know what to do with the extra player. Though, then when you tell it to auto adjust, it sends somebody down. I have no idea why it can't just do this on its own when you're set to CPU play.

I agree with you that people need to try to be aware of their rosters, but it's really going to be hard to keep up with. What happened with Wpark while he was out of town was his roster was fine...then he had a guy get injured against Pittsburgh, so then when I went to play him later that night...his roster was invalid. And even if your'e not out of town or anything, it's really easy to not even realize that there's a problem.

So, sometimes, there's not even anything that person can do to avoid it. It's incredibly obnoxious, but just like facing a goalie who stands on his head to stop everything, you just have to know that everyone gets fucked by it from time to time. Like I've said, if they had just made it a true "auto pilot" mode, we wouldn't even have this problem. NCAA has auto pilot. Madden has auto pilot. NHL has "Enable CPU play" (I don't even know what FIFA has). Makes sense.

It's really pathetic that NHL was really outperformed by Madden in every aspect of their game this year. Madden's Connected mode is better, Ultimate Team is way better (as proven by the fact that I was up until 5 AM this morning because of my "need" to finish the Coin-Up games I had forgotten about), and just the gameplay in general is better. The EA Vancouver team should really be embarrassed.

#1661 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

We have advanced to the next set of games. Seems like several teams have opted for the CPU option. The best we can do with this is everyone be proactive and SPEAK UP if you've got a problem. Message your opponent early. If you don't hear anything by the day of the deadline, playing the CPU is ok. No matter what, we just gotta keep moving forward.

The deadline for this set of games will be 11/8!
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#1662 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Maybe have GMs who definitely want to sim every game could drop from the league then rejoin during the playoffs?

EDIT: just read your post up top. Messaging owners early is definitely fine too

#1663 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Maybe have GMs who definitely want to sim every game could drop from the league then rejoin during the playoffs?

EDIT: just read your post up top. Messaging owners early is definitely fine too

I think if people drop from the league, they won't be coming back. That's the problem with only GM'ing. It can't be an excuse to never check in with the game. Obviously, I'll boot people who become a problem and leave their team unusable. But in general, people need to still be checking in and making adjustments to their roster. After all...that's kind of the point of being a GM.

#1664 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

What? Teams getting locked out and unable to play their games? I've never heard such thing.

#NHL13Reallifesim

#1665 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

We have advanced to the next set of games. Seems like several teams have opted for the CPU option. The best we can do with this is everyone be proactive and SPEAK UP if you've got a problem. Message your opponent early. If you don't hear anything by the day of the deadline, playing the CPU is ok. No matter what, we just gotta keep moving forward.

The deadline for this set of games will be 11/8!

It does not seem like it has happened yet, but the only issue I have is if someone decides they want to play on the first day of the new set or any day that is not the deadline. I have not noticed that happening to me yet or seen someone post it, but I do think if it tends to happen the some sort of consequences should be in place. Maybe after the third time of playing the CPU before the deadline without contacting the GM of that team you will be kicked or not allowed to play next season.
Posted Image

#1666 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

It does not seem like it has happened yet, but the only issue I have is if someone decides they want to play on the first day of the new set or any day that is not the deadline. I have not noticed that happening to me yet or seen someone post it, but I do think if it tends to happen the some sort of consequences should be in place. Maybe after the third time of playing the CPU before the deadline without contacting the GM of that team you will be kicked or not allowed to play next season.

We discussed this a few weeks ago. There are consequences for playing someone's CPU before the day of the deadline without permission. The first offence is a warning, and each offence after that you're suspended for 3 games. If anyone made it a ridiculous problem, yeah, they'd just be kicked out. But the suspensions should be enough to discourage it.

Nobody gets to just "decide" that they want to play the CPU on the first day (unless the team is unowned of course). If anyone had a special circumstance where they needed to play right away (going out of town, for example), they should convey that in the thread so arrangements can be made. Again, it all comes back to communication.

#1667 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

I'm starting to think we need to consider banning "crash the net" and possibly "overload" as offensive strategy settings. Since the game doesn't call goalie interference like ever...it just makes it way too easy for someone to be cheated because of it. The AI is just WAY too aggressive, and I could easily see it being the difference in a playoff game.

In my game against Minnesota, Rinne just got railroaded over and over again (at least 5-6 times) by players "following a shot". I don't hold anything personal against Canbanana because of it, but it just seems really broken. Amazingly, I didn't give up any goals as a direct result, but there were times when Rinne would be settling the puck down, and then get hit, and it would pop loose again. It's just a bad play. I hate to ban an entire coaching strategy, but it's like the QB Sneaks in Madden 12...when EA breaks it that bad, it's just not fair to use.

I can understand it happening one or two times a game with a regular offensive pressure setting. But when it happens that much, with no calls...there's just something wrong. Since this obviously can't be verified, the way we'd have to handle it is anyone suspected of using it will get a warning. And if they get called out on it again, they'd serve a 3 game suspension.

Thoughts?
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#1668 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

I think it's just an A.I. thing, regardless of strategy. Also played Canbanana, and my strategies for each forward line are either Overload or Behind the net. My A.I guys ran into his goalie at least 5-6 times

#1669 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

I agree with Alan, I think it is more bad programming than strategy. They seem to rush the goalie no matter where they are. Just like pressure settings don't change them crushing people behind the play.

#1670 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

I agree with Alan, I think it is more bad programming than strategy. They seem to rush the goalie no matter where they are. Just like pressure settings don't change them crushing people behind the play.

Yup, I agree with this too. Dont think banning any strategies will help much here, just gonna have to accept it.

#1671 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

You can't spell accept it without EA.

Edited by jza1218, 05 November 2012 - 06:57 AM.

#1672 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

You guys really think the setting changes that little? I swear, my guys don't crash the net that hard...or at least that often. If that's true, I feel like it's just going to be a matter of time until somebody flips their shit when they lose a big game because of it. It just seems so overly aggressive the way they come flying in with no regard for the goalie. The next time it happens, can somebody save a video? I'm feeling the need to heckle EA's Facebook page again.

#1673 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

We discussed this a few weeks ago. There are consequences for playing someone's CPU before the day of the deadline without permission. The first offence is a warning, and each offence after that you're suspended for 3 games. If anyone made it a ridiculous problem, yeah, they'd just be kicked out. But the suspensions should be enough to discourage it.

Nobody gets to just "decide" that they want to play the CPU on the first day (unless the team is unowned of course). If anyone had a special circumstance where they needed to play right away (going out of town, for example), they should convey that in the thread so arrangements can be made. Again, it all comes back to communication.

I couldn't remember if it was or not.
Posted Image

#1674 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

You guys really think the setting changes that little? I swear, my guys don't crash the net that hard...or at least that often. If that's true, I feel like it's just going to be a matter of time until somebody flips their shit when they lose a big game because of it. It just seems so overly aggressive the way they come flying in with no regard for the goalie. The next time it happens, can somebody save a video? I'm feeling the need to heckle EA's Facebook page again.

Doesn't really seem to do anything on my end. I've lost a game to the CPU maple leafs (or islanders, I forget) due to it. If it was a game 7 I'd probably get pissed, but that loss didnt really do anything to me one way or another.

#1675 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Doesn't really seem to do anything on my end. I've lost a game to the CPU maple leafs (or islanders, I forget) due to it. If it was a game 7 I'd probably get pissed, but that loss didnt really do anything to me one way or another.

Yeah, that's more what I was thinking. Playoff time...ehhh...just hoping we don't have games that come down to something like that. It blows my mind that EA doesn't see these things as being problems.

I think DarkTower mentioned it when we were playing club the other night, but it's also one of those things that EA CAN'T fix because if they started calling goalie interference properly, the AI would spend half the game in the penalty box. And we all know EA has no capability to reprogram AI, so that's out. But hey...at least they can add social networking, complete with main menu hotkeys on the fly with no patch or title update required...:roll:

#1676 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

The Kings are still planning to play as many games as possible!

#1677 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Buffalo, Kings, Coyotes, Ducks, Nashville. Anyone open to play at either 6:20 or 6:50? I can play a game at both those times tonight.

#1678 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Yeah, that's more what I was thinking. Playoff time...ehhh...just hoping we don't have games that come down to something like that. It blows my mind that EA doesn't see these things as being problems.

I think DarkTower mentioned it when we were playing club the other night, but it's also one of those things that EA CAN'T fix because if they started calling goalie interference properly, the AI would spend half the game in the penalty box. And we all know EA has no capability to reprogram AI, so that's out. But hey...at least they can add social networking, complete with main menu hotkeys on the fly with no patch or title update required...:roll:

Yea, I got lucky and won a game from this against DT. The messed up thing is that it was a 3 on 2 and I had the puck coming up the left side. I tried to pass to the RW streaking and instead the center grabbed it. As I shot three RW truck sticked the goalie out of the way.

The AI has just always been aggressive for me and I have never messed with anything in a league game yet. The only time I have at all is in HUT games when I've gone to an aggressive offensive attack or higher forecheck.

#1679 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Anyway we can either have the OP updated or get a list of owners who are letting their CPU play for them for the rest of the season? I know theres a few and itd be good to get a centralized list somewhere.

#1680 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Buffalo, Kings, Coyotes, Ducks, Nashville. Anyone open to play at either 6:20 or 6:50? I can play a game at both those times tonight.

Sorry, wasn't able to get on until now. I'll be on late tonight though, so if you're able to play anytime in the next few hours, just let me know.