Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1711 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

I'll be on after 9 ninja

Sounds good. I'll see ya on around that time.

#1712 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

I think I have Anaheim and Phoenix left, but it doesn't look like I will be on unless it's around 11:00 PM EST. If either of you see this and want to play my CPU, go ahead. If you will be on around that time and want to try to play, then let me know. Otherwise, if I get on after 11:00 and the games are still available, I'll probably play the CPU unless I want to play some Halo.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#1713 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

I hope I haven't run into a glitch here, don't know if something of you guys who visit other forums like operation sports know about this...

Basically I've had Milan Hedjuk perpetually injured for one more game, for 4 games, with a concussion. The thing that is especially weird is that is hasn't switched to the "playable injury" can status like most my injured players have. Hope something changes when we advance, otherwise I'll be in the market for a RW.

I had the same issue with Backstrom he was "injured" for 4 games but it wouldn't count the days down in my injury report and he ended up out for about 8 or so games. Not until schedule was advanced long after he should have rejoined the team did he show up back in my line up.

#1714 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Halo 4 looks really good. I was amazed with graphics and gameplay. Looks like this new company took the visuals into a darker route instead of the somewhat cartoon look.

#1715 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Master Chief has some sick dangles.

Good to hear that Backstrom eventually came back, gives me hope that Hedjuk won't be completely useless/cap hog for the season as he only has 16 games played.

Mr. Hockey, thats he thing, the game lists it as 1 game left to be injured, but it said that for 4 games now. I'm thinking since it was a concussion that's why, can't remember what my other guys who were concussed(?) did toward the end of their injury

#1716 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

I hope I haven't run into a glitch here, don't know if something of you guys who visit other forums like operation sports know about this...

Basically I've had Milan Hedjuk perpetually injured for one more game, for 4 games, with a concussion. The thing that is especially weird is that is hasn't switched to the "playable injury" can status like most my injured players have. Hope something changes when we advance, otherwise I'll be in the market for a RW.

Have had this happen 4 already. Once it advances they will be back to play. Subban ended up missing 6 extra games, Gionta missed 5 extra, Diaz missed 44 extra, and now Pacioretty has missed 2 extra. The injuries have been: concussion, mcl, concussion symptoms, and injured foot.

#1717 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Boston, Pittsburgh, Tampa bay and Florida, I'll be on today to play my games. I had server issues with NHL 13 and it wouldnt let me connect to gm yesterday. Plus, I've been a little under the weather as well.

I will probably be on before 8 and after 10 if you want to play, otherwise go ahead and play my CPU

#1718 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

I will be around today for most of the day for Pens games.

Getting on in about 30 minutes, I know we have two games this time.

#1719 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Vancouver pack it in? or still playing their games?

#1720 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Vancouver pack it in? or still playing their games?

I've been wondering this myself. I haven't seen posts from him or from Phoenix in a while. Feels like it's the same 6-7 people always posting in here.

#1721 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

That's because for the most part it is. I think only half the league posts in the thread. I'm guilty of not doing so my self from time to time. However the way I see it is if you still contact the other players and try to play it is better than nothing at all.
Posted Image

#1722 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

So what's the verdict with the Rangers-Lightning trade?

#1723 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

I've been wondering this myself. I haven't seen posts from him or from Phoenix in a while. Feels like it's the same 6-7 people always posting in here.

Nate I might not be able to get on at all, if I do I might just play a CPU game. You cool with a toss up sim since we both tried last night? Lemme know

#1724 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

Nate I might not be able to get on at all, if I do I might just play a CPU game. You cool with a toss up sim since we both tried last night? Lemme know

Yeah, I'm totally fine with it. I've been pretty busy all day and am pretty beat right now anyway. I might get on for a little while, but I can't promise I wouldn't just fall asleep at the wheel anyway, lol. None of my other remaining opponents contacted me, so I might just let those sim too.

#1725 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Ok, well Carolina just quit on me as I was up 4-1 in the third.

#1726 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

Ok, well Carolina just quit on me as I was up 4-1 in the third.

Ok, that sucks. We definitely need an explanation here. Obviously, you're cleared to play the CPU, but I know that's a hassle considering the game was almost completed.

I really hate that EA screwed up their "rage quitting/cord pulling" policy so badly. They originally had it in Madden that any time somebody disconnected in the 2nd half, it was an automatic loss (even if the winning team disconnected). But I'm pretty sure all the uproar over that made them just make all disconnects not count. That basically seems like the policy that NHL 13 has had the entire time...and I just don't get it.

It really can't be that difficult to program it to know who disconnected and if they were losing at the time. These situations should be cut and dry, and shouldn't need to be replayed. EA has just given people way too many loopholes this year. Hoping it wasn't a legitimate rage quit, but we really gotta let these games finish. Just put your controller down and walk away if you're done playing. I'm normally not even that bothered by rage quitting when it fairly gives the winning team the win. But since we're not dealing with that anymore, we've gotta play these games to completion.

#1727 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

Good grief. Then he sends me a message saying he will let me score 4 since it didn't count the win and then after it's 4 nothing he starts playing like a real game again and ties it at 4 as I am trying to not get people injured. So I quit when he tied it at 4. If you guys want it simmed I am okay with that but I am done with wasting my time while I could be getting other games in.

#1728 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

I was going to let you win that game man. Nate, I'll just make easy for everyone and quit the league.

#1729 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

Then why even bother scoring, if you were going to let him win? Why quit in the first place?

#1730 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

I was going to let you win that game man. Nate, I'll just make easy for everyone and quit the league.

See here's the thing. I had other games lined up that I was wanting to get done. So I was trying to get that game done as fast as possible. It happened to destro and I and we just held the puck and flew thru the game so it didn't take long. That's what I wanted to do.

#1731 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

Well, the problem is...if you're going to run the score back to where it was, you need to run the clock back there as well (ie. whenever in the 3rd period). If that was done, then I wouldn't have a problem with coming back and tying the game. Doing it from the 1st period or something isn't an accurate representation of the game, and wouldn't be fair. That should be fairly common sense.

It's nothing anybody needs to be quitting the league over. It's just...shit needs to be handled the right way. God damn...all these problems in here and in the Madden league tonight, you'd think people were still angry about the election or something. Maybe it's time to take up drinking again, lol.

#1732 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

Is that what you want to do then? Fine by me. That's if you want to play again. And I am sorry about the first game, I shouldn't have done that.

#1733 twick87

twick87

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

I had a situation last night with Washington which was handled as fairly as possible I believe. I was up 2-0 with 13:00 remaining in the 2nd and we got disconnected. So what we did was he let me score 2 goals on an empty net and we ran the clock down to 13:00 in the second and from there it was a "real game".

If he let you get your 4 goal lead back again and the clock was ran down to what it was before the disconnect than its fair game for him to try and win the game. But from how you're saying it I'm going to assume that he gave u the 4 goal lead right away and then basically had all game to come back. That's not cool.

#1734 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

Well, the problem is...if you're going to run the score back to where it was, you need to run the clock back there as well (ie. whenever in the 3rd period). If that was done, then I wouldn't have a problem with coming back and tying the game. Doing it from the 1st period or something isn't an accurate representation of the game, and wouldn't be fair. That should be fairly common sense.

Yeah I get that. I'm gonna let dark tower decide if he wants to play again or not. Let him score 4 goals on me and I'll sit back to let the game go by faster.

#1735 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

Okay enough guys I know what I did was wrong. I get it. If dark tower wants to play the game again that's fine. I'll stay back to run the clock down.

#1736 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

The clock was not run back down. That's what was throwing me off when he starting trying to score right after we got it to 4-0 in the first. I am fine with playing one more time after I finish my second game with Flyersfan. I don't even remember when in the 3rd it was but I am fine with 4-1 at the start or the 3rd and then game on as usual.

#1737 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

The clock was not run back down. That's what was throwing me off when he starting trying to score right after we got it to 4-0 in the first. I am fine with playing one more time after I finish my second game with Flyersfan. I don't even remember when in the 3rd it was but I am fine with 4-1 at the start or the 3rd and then game on as usual.

Alright.

#1738 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

Okay enough guys I know what I did was wrong. I get it. If dark tower wants to play the game again that's fine. I'll stay back to run the clock down.

Good. Glad this can be resolved. It's definitely not the first time somebody has screwed up on CAG. Hell...it's not the first time TODAY, lol. Like I said, it's shitty on EA's part that we even have to regulate this stuff. The first game should have just given Brandon a 4-1 win...or even a 3-0 win like it does online when people drop. They make things so much harder than they need to be.

#1739 Ninjas in a Box

Ninjas in a Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

Yeah that's what I thought too when I quit that would have given him the win.

I hope he forgives me after this. If not i understand.

#1740 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

Yeah, it's fine man. Glad it worked out without you leaving.