Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1771 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Holy Fuck I hate this game.

lol...what did it do now?

#1772 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

I want to know, too.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#1773 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

lol...what did it do now?

Phantom interference call where my guy gets knocked into the boards and goes into the box.

Gaborik out for 40 games on a hit away from the play having not touched the puck.

Richards gets pinned to the boards before a pass reaches him and no call for holding.

Basically the usual. This game is a joke this year.

Edited by jza1218, 12 November 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#1774 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

The way they code injuries certainly is.

#1775 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

The way they code injuries certainly is.

Injuries and penalties. Trying to play the right way is ridiculous when even the AI goons it up.

#1776 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Just so you know, I was only controlling during the phantom interference which I was initially pissed about because I thought it was on me. My AI did the other two, if I'm thinking of that pinning as happening behind the net.

#1777 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Just so you know, I was only controlling during the phantom interference which I was initially pissed about because I thought it was on me. My AI did the other two, if I'm thinking of that pinning as happening behind the net.

Oh I wasn't blaming you, I'm blaming the game and the horrible way in which it's programmed.

#1778 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Oh I didn't think you were blaming me, just venting frustration at the game. Just wanted to apologize for my AI ;)

On a side note I haven't had a major injury in quite some time, I'm pretty sure I'm on a 9 game winning streak since I got Briere back from his 50 game injury. I'm probably due for one any game now. My last big injury was Luke schenn for 23 games and he'll be back in 3 games.

#1779 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

I think that's what he was saying...that it's the way the AI plays that makes it so bad. For me, it's mind numbingly frustrating because the disparity between how the AI plays in vs games and how they play in club games is ridiculous. There was a noticeable difference last year, but now...in vs style games, the AI just lights people up, even away from the play. They'll skate full speed into the goalie, pushing him out of the net, and there's hardly ever any interference calls (goalie or regular).

But yet, in club games, they'll just stand there, no stick checking...no body checking, and just let people go by. There was a play a week or so ago where an opposing player had a 1 on 2 "scoring chance". Both d-men were back and in good position, and the guy goes right down the middle, gets past both of them, and beats the goalie. It doesn't get much more unrealistic than that.

Both styles of play are awful as they just ruin a fair, competitive game. To me, EA's really gone too far with it this year. Even in Madden, their AI programming reeks of douchebaggery. The AI will try to run up the score, if they're losing big in the 4th, they'll just keep airing it out, causing more and more turnovers. It's just bad strategy all the way around. It makes you start to think they don't even have a basic understanding of these sports. I really wish other companies would get back into making sports games again and that these exclusivity deals would be deemed illegal. These companies just have no motivation to make a good game anymore.

#1780 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Man, Ovechkin is ridiculous. Destrovega just got a hat trick with him vs me to win 4-3, lots if action in the last period.

He now has 59 goals this season to lead the league. Erik Cole is second with 40.

#1781 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Does anyone else have days where it seems like your team is sluggish, but the next they are fine? Just played some CPU games and St. Louis just felt slow however the last time I played they didn't.
Posted Image

#1782 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

Man, Ovechkin is ridiculous. Destrovega just got a hat trick with him vs me to win 4-3, lots if action in the last period.

He now has 59 goals this season to lead the league. Erik Cole is second with 40.

The funny thing is when I used Washington in our last league, he only had 2 goals in like 19 games

#1783 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

Ok, so I know I complain about injuries a lot, but one thing you will rarely see me complain about is goalies being too good. Until now.

This just...its just...no...just...no. No.

No. No. No.

No.

Also, keep in mind. This is slowed to 15% via the game itself, then I slowed it down another 50% in a video editor before I uploaded it.

#1784 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

I can't stop laughing at that.

#1785 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

LOL...wtf is this??? "This year...goalies will be able to move their limbs independently!" Holy freaking crap! That's probably the most unnatural save I've seen. This basically proves that goalie glove reaction time is WAY too high. If he had just made the stick save, I'd say, "Ok, yeah...crazy save." But this shit just isn't even fair. This is going on EA's Facebook. I'd love to hear the explanation for this one.

EDIT - Oh and I freaking love that Michael Scott's "No!" outburst comes up as a related video at the end, hahaha :lol:

#1786 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

I love how his stick just floats there too and then is in his hand again on the ground.

#1787 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

Ok...heckling EA's Facebook with it now complete, lol. Jesus that is terrible. Then because of crap like this happening, it makes "ramming the goalie" a valid "tactic". Broken + broken = profit???

#1788 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

So when do we move on to FIFA lol.

#1789 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Just got back from Vegas, sorry I was unavailable for any games. I'm back ready to go, a little less in the pocket book, but still great time... I think I'm still drunk. Good times.. I think.

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#1790 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Just got back from Vegas, sorry I was unavailable for any games. I'm back ready to go, a little less in the pocket book, but still great time... I think I'm still drunk. Good times.. I think.

Sounds like fun. I play you again this set of games. I could do any time between 7 PM EST and 10:30 PM EST (latest starting time) both today and tomorrow if you want to pick a time that works for you.

#1791 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

Sounds like fun. I play you again this set of games. I could do any time between 7 PM EST and 10:30 PM EST (latest starting time) both today and tomorrow if you want to pick a time that works for you.

Sounds good, I'll let you know when Im home from work

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#1792 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Does anyone else have days where it seems like your team is sluggish, but the next they are fine? Just played some CPU games and St. Louis just felt slow however the last time I played they didn't.

The only thing I've noticed is when I score a goal to take the lead or tie, if I win the next faceoff my guys seem to have more speed. I dont know if its just a "placebo effect" or if there is some sort of momentum builder EA implemented.

#1793 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

So when do we move on to FIFA lol.

When I pick it up on Black Friday....seriously.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1794 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

When I pick it up on Black Friday....seriously.

I scored it on PC for $20 bucks and have been playing the crap out of it for the last 2 weeks.

#1795 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

FIFA is good. Hard as Fuck though.

#1796 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

It's gotta be more well-done than NHL, right?

#1797 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

It's gotta be more well-done than NHL, right?

A medium rare steak is more well-done than NHL.

#1798 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

A medium rare steak is more well-done than NHL.

Posted Image

And if you can believe it, some genius commented on my Facebook post calling that video a "beauty save".

#1799 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

I will be in the next couple hours. If im playing abnother game, send me a message and we'll make it work.
Phoenix
Nashville
Carolina
Minnesota

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#1800 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Avengers Assemble!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

I still have hurricanes and jets:

Let me know when you guys can play. I didn't see you guys on tonight.
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/