Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1981 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

Awesome. CPU Columbus just knocked out Craig Smith for 49 games with a herniated disc. What's really weird is that this injury to Smith showed up instantly in my "team transactions" section, but the injuries to Weber and Erat aren't there (but are visible from the "injury report"). Maybe my coach will get injured next so I can herniate my NHL 13 disc right out the window. Good fucking grief, game.

#1982 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Well, this will be an interesting finish in the Northwest division. As the last set approaches, Minnesota and Colorado are tied with 106 points, both with records of 51-21-4.

Dang good luck to you both... I know I had some great games with you both.

Do either of you have the edge in ROW?
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#1983 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Dang good luck to you both... I know I had some great games with you both.

Do either of you have the edge in ROW?

Last I checked I did, I'm looking at our schedules we play each other one last time which will probably be the deciding game. I'm counting on Edmonton to win one and Detroit to win his game against moojuice as I have a feeling I'll lose my game against PHX and DET. Then again with all the injuries Nashville is taking might be a good idea to throw a few games and get a walk into the second round ;)

also MVP I picked up the 3 other cards after selling a bunch of stuff so all I need now is Lundin. I'm looking through what is available for DET players would the 9th player you're missing be LW J.Murasak, C A.Murray or LD B.Smith?

#1984 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Then again with all the injuries Nashville is taking might be a good idea to throw a few games and get a walk into the second round ;)

I hope Nashville injures all of my players! This game just isn't very fun without having to substitute 60 level players into my 3rd line. While you're at it, I wish you would injure my goalie. I love playing with back ups!

Why would anybody ask for something like this? All right...if that's what you really want...

If you want me, come get me, banana hammock ;)

#1985 twick87

twick87

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Injuries off next season!!!

#1986 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Why would anybody ask for something like this? All right...if that's what you really want...

I was merely giving suggestions to moojuice, though now that I think about it.. I should probably rest my top two lines so they're fresh for the playoffs.

#1987 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

All right, we have advanced to the last set of games. It should be pretty easy to get these games done in time, since I think everyone only has 5 of them. A few exciting races going on in both conferences. Good luck to everyone!

The deadline will be 12/3!
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#1988 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Last I checked I did, I'm looking at our schedules we play each other one last time which will probably be the deciding game. I'm counting on Edmonton to win one and Detroit to win his game against moojuice as I have a feeling I'll lose my game against PHX and DET. Then again with all the injuries Nashville is taking might be a good idea to throw a few games and get a walk into the second round ;)

also MVP I picked up the 3 other cards after selling a bunch of stuff so all I need now is Lundin. I'm looking through what is available for DET players would the 9th player you're missing be LW J.Murasak, C A.Murray or LD B.Smith?

It is Murasak... I actually started looking some more last night and finally saw one and realized that's who it was... The first time I checked there were none and then 20 minutes later somebody had put him up on the auction house.

I also figured out I had what appears to be another rare with Braun from San Jose. I looked last night and there wasn't a single one listed.

:rofl:
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#1989 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

It is Murasak...

did you end up picking him up? cause I am looking at one for 1600 buyout right now and I'd gladly snag him to trade for lundin if you'd like.

#1990 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

I was merely giving suggestions to moojuice, though now that I think about it.. I should probably rest my top two lines so they're fresh for the playoffs.

The problem is that I'm going out of town on the 4th, so I am fully expecting my a.i to be thoroughly violated in the first round regardless of who I play.

Also, Min does have the ROW advantage at this point

#1991 twick87

twick87

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Probably gonna rest my starters for these last few games. With 2 of top 3 D and 2 top line fwds already out for another 20 games, I can't afford more injuries.

#1992 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

The Div title is my Stanley Cup! I can't see me getting far in the playoffs and as you will probably get done in from being out of town moojuice, it's game on! I won all 3 of my AI games (surprisingly since SJ has been problematic in the past, thanks N8 for taking Havlat out) however I took 2 injuries, Iginla (3g) and Clutterbuck(6g) both being just long enough to mess with me. I should also point out that both injuries were taken within the first 5 mins of 2 dif games. Crazy stuff.

#1993 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Still 8 points back of SJ for final playoff spot, with 6games to go. However my nemesis The PC controlled Calgary Flames have a home and home to finish the season. Have I mentioned I have 0 wins against PC opponents. A tough hill to climb for sure, but I haven't heard any fat lady yet so there's still time.

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#1994 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

Anybody that needs to play the Canucks I will try and be on tonight around 11:15 pm est.

I think I have 2 X Yotes, Oilers, and one against the CPU Flames.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1995 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

Congrats to Montreal on the President's Trophy.

#1996 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Surprisingly, no injury resulted from this freak accident

#1997 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

PHYSICS!!!!!!! :lol:

Honestly, I thought he was trying to do the Macarena at first...but he must not have that boost slot unlocked yet.

#1998 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Surprisingly, no injury resulted from this freak accident

Looks painful, you would think he has to be at least listed as "day to day" when something like that happens.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1999 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/GamePhysics

I'll just leave this here.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#2000 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

I did have a few injuries for a significant time frame but nothing like everyone else.

#2001 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

I think I'm in favor of turning injuries off for next season. If the injuries made sense or players were penalized for bad hits that lead to injuries, that would be one thing. But I feel like we're playing a version of NHL Hitz sometimes.

#2002 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

So it looks like I need to win out my last 3 games for me to get the 8th spot, unless Florida loses 3 out of 4 games.

#2003 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

I'll be around off and on Saturday if you want to get our game in then.

#2004 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

I think I'm in favor of turning injuries off for next season. If the injuries made sense or players were penalized for bad hits that lead to injuries, that would be one thing. But I feel like we're playing a version of NHL Hitz sometimes.

While I definitely agree with this, an interesting point was raised of whether or not the hitting would get worse if injuries were turned off. I guess that assumes that people hold back out of the kindness of their hearts though. Then there was the issue of "managing your roster", which is all well and good. I just don't know how much enjoyment one can gain from losing multiple star players week after week. From a personal perspective, I could easily see myself getting fed up with a second season of the same old injuries and wanting to turn to strictly GM'ing myself.

I really need to look to refresh my memory on what settings options are even available to us. I know that custom sliders were not available at least in their truest sense. I know you could change the "game level" or whatever it's called, from "casual, normal, hardcore, etc." We have it set on normal...but in a 2nd season where we'll just be happy to get through it, I'd definitely be in favor of experimenting to see if we can fix any aspect of this god awful game.

Changing to "hardcore" might make the CPU tougher, but honestly, there are some games where the goalies stop everything anyway. So, it's hard to say if it would really make them that much better. I'd really just love to find a way to max out penalties. I feel like that alone would solve 90% of the problems. Calling penalties right would force people to change the way they play (even with the AI taking penalties...at least we'd all get some experience on the PK or even adjusting team settings to rein the AI in a bit). After that, everything else would fall into line.

#2005 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

My problem with "managing your roster" is that the AI makes stupid decisions and winds up putting players on waivers that you maybe didn't mean to lose. For example I lost Aaron Asham on waivers even though I myself never actually send him down.

#2006 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

Some definition of what the hardcore setting does:

Hardcore has more aggression, less puck control, more fatigue and less hitting power but 0 pass assist and atleast in my GMC league that lack of pass assist is the reason why people doesn't want to play with it.

#2007 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Hitting might get worse if we turn injuries off, but we'd at least have all our players. I'd rather have that than worry I'm gonna lose Lucic and Horton for 50+ games again on a check.

#2008 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Congrats to Montreal on the President's Trophy.

Thanks... It's been a good trip with some crazy games in there. It definitely didn't hurt that I have 2 CPUs in my Division.

Also... Looks like you have to pay Carolina that bounty Nate. They knocked out Eller for the season. And when I say "they" I'm not 100% sure. I shot it with him with no one around and then he was lying on the ice dead and no body around. It's like there's some ghost roaming the center ice and cross checking everyone who dare shoots it.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#2009 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Posted Image

#2010 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!