Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#2071 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

Sharks lose! Sharks lose! Not sure how many games they have left, but I was at least able to hand them a regulation loss.

#2072 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

I'm fine with things the way they are however I would be up for having injuries turned off. I don't like seeing that I have guys out for 10-15 games or even 50 games like I have, but it is part of hockey. Some of the other changes I have seen I would not be up for. If injuries can not be turned off at the start of a new season I would rather just have the league started over and the injuries turned off than make some of the changes I have seen when glancing over the thread.
Posted Image

#2073 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

I'm fine with things the way they are however I would be up for having injuries turned off. I don't like seeing that I have guys out for 10-15 games or even 50 games like I have, but it is part of hockey. Some of the other changes I have seen I would not be up for. If injuries can not be turned off at the start of a new season I would rather just have the league started over and the injuries turned off than make some of the changes I have seen when glancing over the thread.

start the league over? I dont think that will happen.

#2074 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Just want to make sure, but we're going to advance hopefully earlier today rather than later, yes? That way we can schedule game with matchups for tonight?

#2075 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Just want to make sure, but we're going to advance hopefully earlier today rather than later, yes? That way we can schedule game with matchups for tonight?

Yeah, I'm going to advance us here in a little bit. I would have done it last night, but I noticed there were several teams who hadn't played all their games...specifically, Edmonton still had one game to play. Honestly, Captain Obvious's odds of beating out San Jose are kinda slim anyway, as the Sharks still had 4 games left after I beat them...and only need one win to secure that playoff spot (unless Edmonton gets a win/OT loss in its last game). I just wanted to make sure everyone had the wee morning hours to get those last games played.

#2076 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

All right, we have advanced to the playoffs! As I suspected, San Jose ended up taking that last playoff spot. Hoping to see some upsets throughout this postseason. Would make things a lot more exciting. The deadline for these games will be 12/11 (but hopefully they'll be finished sooner...depending on how many games people want to play in one sitting). Good luck to everyone!
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#2077 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs... I really wish I had an iPhone (but not really) so I could use the app and look at the matchups.

The only ones I know are:

Montreal v Florida
Nashville v Bananahammock Mnnesota
Detroit v San Jose

I know in the east the 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 were all pretty well up in the air right up until the end. With Washington and Pittsburgh battling it out for 2nd, Buffalo securing 4th, and then Carolina, New York Rangers, and Winnipeg jostling for 5 through 7.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#2078 twick87

twick87

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

For those of you who don't have access to the game or the iPhone app the 1st round matchups are as follows:

Detroit v. San Jose
Colorado v. Vancouver
Phoenix v. Chicago
Minnesota v. Nashville

Montreal v. Florida
Washington v. NYR
Pittsburgh v. Winnipeg
Buffalo v. Carolina

#2079 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

hz1kmGKDuUE

#2080 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

It was a good run, after betting LA and taking over 8th spot I only had the coyotes to play. Unfortunately his roster was not set and I wasn't able to get the game in so it was in fates hands. As it happens SJS got one win in their last five games and that 2 points was enough to tie Edmonton, and they did hold the tie breaker.

Eight points out with 7 to play, the odds were against me but I'm proud of the boys, they worked hard for this but unfortunately that's how the cards are delt. We will be back better and stronger next season.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs, see you next season.

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#2081 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Fucking hell, now I lost Matt moulson? Damn this game.

#2082 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

For those of you who don't have access to the game or the iPhone app the 1st round matchups are as follows:

Detroit v. San Jose
Colorado v. Vancouver
Phoenix v. Chicago
Minnesota v. Nashville

Montreal v. Florida
Washington v. NYR
Pittsburgh v. Winnipeg
Buffalo v. Carolina

Thanks... I was really hoping to see what they were before I logged on later.

You guys have some interesting matchups in the west. I'm going to guess that MIN v NSH and COL v VAN each goes at least 6.

As for the East, both WAS v NYR and PIT v WIN should be good. I know Pittsburgh and Winnipeg had fairly close games during the season. WAS and NYR both were great opponents when I played them too... So I'd be surprised to see that be done in less than 6.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#2083 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

It was a good run, after betting LA and taking over 8th spot I only had the coyotes to play. Unfortunately his roster was not set and I wasn't able to get the game in so it was in fates hands. As it happens SJS got one win in their last five games and that 2 points was enough to tie Edmonton, and they did hold the tie breaker.

Eight points out with 7 to play, the odds were against me but I'm proud of the boys, they worked hard for this but unfortunately that's how the cards are delt. We will be back better and stronger next season.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs, see you next season.

You missed out cause the roster couldn't play? That is the definition of sucks.

#2084 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

As frustrating as it is, I had 35 opportunities to get one point. It falls on my shoulders alone. No worries.

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#2085 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Yea that is pretty damn shitty... Good job with that late season rally though Captain. Definitely something to carry into the next season. Especially since I'm sure your young guys are going to come back being a lot better rated.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#2086 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Yeah Cap...I was pretty worried to get you in the first round after our last matchup...so at least you had one guy stressed haha. Good run.

#2087 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

I haven't even started my series with Destro and I hate this fucking game. All I know is that either injuries need to be turned off or penalties scaled because the I've now lost another top line forward to an injury and the game didn't even tell me. Fuck you EA.

#2088 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

Fuck it, I'm done with this game. I won't be back for season 2.

#2089 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Wow.

#2090 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Looks like the 1 seeds are through the first round. Good luck to all the other matchups.

#2091 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

I wanted to say hell of a job to Mr. Hockey again... Series was a lot closer than the final tally suggests. You have definitely improved tenfold from our earlier games in the season.

I think games 3 and 4 were both decided in the last minute, and game 5 ended in OT. Hard fought series.

As for the rest of the playoffs... Shit I hope Carey Price returns to his regular season self. It is crazy because I've had some players step up that didn't do too much during the season.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#2092 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

It was a good series. Should of had a couple wins but that's how it goes. Least my "backup" goalie got some experience. Lol. Harding sucked.
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#2093 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

I wanted to say hell of a job to Mr. Hockey again... Series was a lot closer than the final tally suggests. You have definitely improved tenfold from our earlier games in the season.

I think games 3 and 4 were both decided in the last minute, and game 5 ended in OT. Hard fought series.

As for the rest of the playoffs... Shit I hope Carey Price returns to his regular season self. It is crazy because I've had some players step up that didn't do too much during the season.

I was shocked when I saw Price's save percentage after the series ended.

#2094 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

I'm seriously considering trading this game in. Up 1-0 with 20 seconds left in the game, both my defensemen pinch on offense and give up the game tying breakaway. My settings were "protect lead" and "defend net" with zero forecheck and a 1-4 neutral zone. Then of course I lose in OT. This game is so fucking broken it's disgusting.

EDIT - Maybe EA is just trying to tell me something. 2nd time in 3 games I've been dropped from EA servers. I don't know what to do at this point.

Edited by n8rockerasu, 09 December 2012 - 04:54 AM.

#2095 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

AJH, my flight gets in about 230mst...but it's supposed to snow with a high of about 25. Assuming I don't get delayed or anything, I can probably play 8pm mst at the earlier on Sundays, otherwise same availability as in the OP on Monday

#2096 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

I'm seriously considering trading this game in. Up 1-0 with 20 seconds left in the game, both my defensemen pinch on offense and give up the game tying breakaway. My settings were "protect lead" and "defend net" with zero forecheck and a 1-4 neutral zone. Then of course I lose in OT. This game is so fucking broken it's disgusting.

Yeah, those are the types of situations I usually just take my center and hang back. Don't wanna rely on the cpu's.

#2097 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

So what's the status of the ongoing series? Just curious, I could always wait to get home to sign in and see.

#2098 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

So what's the status of the ongoing series? Just curious, I could always wait to get home to sign in and see.

I've been having some major connection issues (seems worse with NHL for whatever reason...since I was able to play in Madden just fine last night). I think it's the wireless adapter in this Xbox crapping out. I went ahead and ordered a 50ft ethernet cable on Amazon though so I can just run it along the baseboard to my modem. Tired of dealing with wireless garbage. It should be here tomorrow, so I'm hoping Canbanana will be able to resume our series then. I COULD try to play him tonight...but it could end up exactly like it was the other night, just lagging out and dying.

#2099 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

It was a good series. Should of had a couple wins but that's how it goes. Least my "backup" goalie got some experience. Lol. Harding sucked.

Pretty much every game except for 1 could have gone either way. Game 2 more than likely would have been yours if it wasn't for Harding deciding to choke.

I was shocked when I saw Price's save percentage after the series ended.

It was brutal... I was getting so pissed at him. He may have a complex for as much as I told him he sucked during the series. The thing is, it wasn't even lucky shots or anything. They were quality shots, but shots that I have become used to him saving 9 out of 10 times. There was one that I was ready to pull him on though in game 5. Rebound went to Meuller and he put it back on net... Price stood up and it went through the five hole... No reaction whatsoever, pretty sure an armless baby could have stopped it.

Yeah, those are the types of situations I usually just take my center and hang back. Don't wanna rely on the cpu's.

Same... That is usually my first line of defense in any game especially when it is close.

On a side note.. I had this happen to me the other day in an offline HUT game.

http://www.easports....ideo/144013216#

Puck never stopped moving, goalie never stopped it but rather just briefly kicked it up against the post, for whatever reason play was blown dead. I would have been pissed if it was an online HUT game but CPU ones are a joke anyway, so I didn't care.

I also had this spectacle of a scene when I checked the CPU after the play in another offline HUT game.

http://www.easports....ideo/144069064#

I almost feel like there was a midget lucha libra there that did an arm drag takedown on him after hitting him in the nuts. Maybe that's just me.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#2100 twick87

twick87

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

the East is set for round 2: MTL v. BUF, WSH v. PIT

the West is waiting on 3 diff series with only DET advancing so far.