Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#2161 twick87

twick87

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'm not seeing an answer to my question. Honestly, leagues weren't even really much of a thought in previous years (partly because of how bare bones they were). Of course I'll acknowledge that the basic structure for GM Connected is a great thing...but the execution just left a lot to be desired. No matter what your opinion is, we're staring at another 82 game season.

I don't even know if an NHL 12 league would work (flex scheduling leagues tend to fizzle out for whatever reason). Maybe we're better suited for it now after doing an 82 game season, but who knows. But I can say with certainty that OTP/Club play is more enjoyable, and I think that's why several people are making the switch.

As for 14...I'd like to tell you I'm not going to buy it. I don't want to buy it. But I also love hockey. And when the actual sport comes back from what is almost guaranteed to be another lost season, I don't know how easy it will be to swindle me again. And like I said, the game plays nothing like it did at launch anyway. So, how do you ever really know what you're going to end up with?

This. I guess I'm in the minority here because I don't play club games. And I'm sure I'll buy NHL 14 whenever it comes out (like I do every year) and I'll hope it is better than this years (knowing that it won't be).

I wish they would come out with one game and have regular patches for it and just have you pay every year for the newest rosters instead of shelling out $60 a year for basically a roster update.

#2162 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Yeah, Carolina quit the league while he was a 2 seed and wasn't having fun with the game, Nate has been on the game from the jump, even if he won in 7 games I think he would have been yelling still. I don't think losing in the playoffs is the big factor here.

I was bummed Jza has enough after 2 games of our series cause I thought he still could have won our series, but I see his point.

Which I why I said I'm just looking forward to the next couple rounds. Let's see who comes out on top and then see where we are after the dust settles.

#2163 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Let's try to just leave it at this...the rest of the series play out, and regardless of outcomes, people can come on here just to give a synopsis of the series if they want. No opinions, no bitching.

#2164 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

The only VS I play is in this league. Most of those issues are OTP/EASHL related. The passing issue he's referring to is how you can call for a pass from the AI all the way down at the other end of the ice, and they have no trouble making it. But when you try to execute a set up play, with a clear passing lane, players who aren't even facing the puck will often reach out to knock it away.

So, what this creates is an incentive to cherry pick and play "fast break hockey" as opposed to actually setting up in the offensive zone. We could just be talking about different game modes and what each of us value. In general, shooting and the way the goalie plays the puck is the same in across all modes, and I agree with the EA poster that it becomes about quantity more than quality. But that's my opinion. I doubt anyone is going to convince anyone of anything.

http://youtu.be/uGDA0Hecw1k?t=1m47s

Gotcha... That's why I made the comment about VS and OTP.

P.S. Not gonna lie... I listened to the whole song. Haven't heard it in so long and always liked it. lol
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#2165 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Yeah, Carolina quit the league while he was a 2 seed and wasn't having fun with the game, Nate has been on the game from the jump, even if he won in 7 games I think he would have been yelling still. I don't think losing in the playoffs is the big factor here.

I was bummed Jza has enough after 2 games of our series cause I thought he still could have won our series, but I see his point.

Which I why I said I'm just looking forward to the next couple rounds. Let's see who comes out on top and then see where we are after the dust settles.

Let's try to just leave it at this...the rest of the series play out, and regardless of outcomes, people can come on here just to give a synopsis of the series if they want. No opinions, no bitching.

Fuck it... I'm double posting.

Definitely looking forward to playing Buffalo... Or should I say I'm more looking forward to see what Price shows up, 4 goal Price or shutout Price. I'm not thinking a sweep though like Twick joked about a few posts earlier lol. I'm thinking Price will be good for a couple shitty games and Miller is always unpredictable. Wouldn't be surprised if we go 7 since season series was 4-2. I'm guessing Destro and DT go 7. Not picking a winner there though. Will be tough.

Who all has to play in the West?

I know Wpark, Canbananananananananana, Moo (I think you had won) and then was the last one Colbert or Garret?

EDIT: Shit didn't see the no opinions part. :D
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#2166 twick87

twick87

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Agreed. After the playoffs are over and after the holidays if Nate doesn't want to be in the league anymore then I'll make a new thread and take over as commissioner. Hopefully by then there's a new CBA in place and it'll drum up a little more interest in this game/league.

#2167 twick87

twick87

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Definitely looking forward to playing Buffalo... Or should I say I'm more looking forward to see what Price shows up, 4 goal Price or shutout Price. I'm not thinking a sweep though like Twick joked about a few posts earlier lol. I'm thinking Price will be good for a couple shitty games and Miller is always unpredictable. Wouldn't be surprised if we go 7 since season series was 4-2. I'm guessing Destro and DT go 7. Not picking a winner there though. Will be tough.

I know Wpark, Canbananananananananana, Moo (I think you had won) and then was the last one Colbert or Garret?

I was serious about you sweeping me lol. I beat you those first 2 games early in the season and since then you dominated me in every game. But it'll probably go 5 games, maybe 6 since Miller is pretty freaking good in this game.

#2168 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

I don't think Canbanana had won the series yet...? Maybe I'm wrong?

#2169 twick87

twick87

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

I don't think Canbanana had won the series yet...? Maybe I'm wrong?

I think that Nashville series is the only one we're waiting on

#2170 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

I think that Nashville series is the only one we're waiting on

Gotcha... I guess I was assuming it was over when he mentioned the two OT games.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#2171 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

EDIT: Shit didn't see the no opinions part. :D

Yeah I lost 4-2 in a ridiculously tight series with 3 games going to OT.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#2172 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Gotcha... I guess I was assuming it was over when he mentioned the two OT games.

I told him to play my CPU after we played game 2 last night. Maybe he didn't have time? The game was just too stupid to feel anything for though. I had a 3-0 lead. Then the rebound goals came. He took a 5-3 lead. I tied it up with 2 breakaway goals in the 3rd. Then on the 1st shot in OT he won...which is how he won Game 1 as well...when my d-men couldn't figure out how to protect a 1 goal lead with 20 seconds left.

I get your guys' argument of "keep the center back to defend", but it's a little hard to tell where he is on the ice when you can't switch the camera to focus on him like you can in OTP. And honestly, considering how much EA boasted about "team systems" it shouldn't be necessary. It's just shit programming. Like I said, to me, there's nothing to feel good about with this game. Shit just happens.

#2173 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

I do like how the activity in this thread basically exploded over the last few hours. Unfortunately it's pretty much the same people who usually post. Shows how lots of people have a passion for the game, even if they don't think it's all that great.

#2174 twick87

twick87

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

I do like how the activity in this thread basically exploded over the last few hours. Unfortunately it's pretty much the same people who usually post. Shows how lots of people have a passion for the game, even if they don't think it's all that great.

yea i was gonna say the same thing earlier. unfortunately it seems like a lot of people want to bail on this league.

#2175 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

yea i was gonna say the same thing earlier. unfortunately it seems like a lot of people want to bail on this league.

Not that there's a huge difference, but it's not so much bailing on the league. The league is great and the people in here are great. But to many of us, we're playing a bad game. I'm bailing on the game.

#2176 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Even though I rarely post, I am here always. Mostly killing time at work, or being completely entertained. I love this community, I have always enjoyed the banter that goes on here.

As for the league, I had a good time. I didn't see very much of the rebound goals, and the only complaints for the league is game based.

Injuries being too long for a minor bump
AI can interfere when ever they like, while you get sent to the box way too often
The Goalies are ridicules
The season is too long especially if you want to have a 5 year franchise type league, and it really burns guys out trying to jam in all their games so quickly.

Saying that, I still like the game and I will be one of the few that keeps it all year long. If there's a season 2, The Edmonton Oilers will be back and better.

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#2177 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Yeah, for me it's that the game isn't fun to play because you're just waiting for the bullcrap plays to happen. I swear in every game I played Thomas let in at least 1 goal that had no business going in the net while I played Superman in goalie form. Add in the goon squads running around that know how to use the game's broken physics and penalty calling (penalties? What are those? Not in NHL 13!) to score and it gets real old real fast. I like the league and actually had good games against most folks (MrHockey, FlyersFan, Ninjas when he was here) but when the game is something you dread...it's time to walk away.

#2178 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Seeing 3 posts about a NHL 14 has me wondering one thing. Will EA even make a NHL 14 if their is no season? I'm up for another season in 13 as long as it will work with my schedule.
Posted Image

#2179 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

For whoever I have in the playoffs, if we advance before 5 PM I can probably play a game or two around 530 tonight. But once 6:30 hits I can't play at all tonight. I should be a go tomorrow night and Friday night after 10 EST, so we'll probably have to spread out the series.

#2180 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Any update on this? Did the last series finish or get simmed?

#2181 twick87

twick87

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

every series is completed

#2182 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

I asked Canbanana last night if he advanced and he said yes...

Whether the round has been advanced I am not sure.

Also Twick... Since I keep forgetting to respond to your PM... I should be on tonight but I'm not sure what time yet. I have some advanced screening passes for a movie tonight, but I also have some for tomorrow for a different movie and I could care a less about the one tonight. So, I'll either be on around 5PM or 9PM EST. Just shoot me a message and I'll switch over from whatever I'm playing.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#2183 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

I asked Canbanana last night if he advanced and he said yes...

Whether the round has been advanced I am not sure.

Also Twick... Since I keep forgetting to respond to your PM... I should be on tonight but I'm not sure what time yet. I have some advanced screening passes for a movie tonight, but I also have some for tomorrow for a different movie and I could care a less about the one tonight. So, I'll either be on around 5PM or 9PM EST. Just shoot me a message and I'll switch over from whatever I'm playing.

I'll log in and promote Twick to Commissioner since I'll likely be trading this in in the next day or two. Don't want to screw you guys over if I forgot.

#2184 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Twick, if you can advance us asap, I'd appreciate it, wanna try to get games in tonight if I can.

#2185 twick87

twick87

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Twick, if you can advance us asap, I'd appreciate it, wanna try to get games in tonight if I can.

ok, didn't know i was gonna be commissioner this soon. I'm at work now, but I can advance us at 6:30 est when i get home

#2186 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Good luck with the game and the league everyone.

#2187 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Good luck with the game and the league everyone.

Thanks.... You guys go beat some wives in 12. lol
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#2188 twick87

twick87

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

ok everyone, since I am the commissioner now and nate said he was gonna close this thread I created a new one. its not up to date yet so don't worry if your name is on here and you don't plan on playing season 2. I will be PM'ing everyone once we get to the cup finals to see who plans on playing again. i will also create a poll (if I can figure out how to do it) to see who wants to turn off injuries for next season. I am open to all suggestions on any changes you guys want to make and I hope to see you all in season 2 and good luck to the remaining teams!

http://www.cheapassg...30#post10272930

#2189 twick87

twick87

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Please send me a pm if you are gonna play in season 2!!!