GameFly August 2012 Used Game Sale

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#61 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Do Not Buy :360: Silent Hill HD Collection! The game is the worst example of what can go wrong when developers/publishers get lazy and release a broken HD port. Konami has released an extensive patch that supposedly fixes the technical problems on :ps3:, but has stated that the patch will not be coming to the :360:.

wth

Yep. FWIW the patch for the :ps3: version fixed a few things but definitely not all of them.

8/8 was the last day you could purchase the :360: version and be eligible to receive an older title for free: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=326420

Quite the impressive list. ;)

#62 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

grabbed Street Fighter X Tekken for 360.

#63 shiftymcneely

shiftymcneely

I love my Lions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

boo that kinect sports season 2 is oos. Got dance central 2, operation raccoon city, grand slam tennis, and uncharted 3.

Rating scale ( :cold: :drool: :cry: :applause: :hot:)

:ps3: Final Fantasy X HD :hot:

:ps4: Nothing

:xb1: Nothing

#64 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

Ehem...I may have purchased Kinect Disneyland Adventures...allegedly...perhaps.

Kids had fun with the demo, and I kind of enjoyed it too. I think it can be had for $20 new, so a few bucks off for a cosmetically damaged, but hopefully functional, disc isn't a bad deal.

#65 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

Uncharted 3 is finally mine. Thanks Cheapy.

#66 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

i've plat'd and sold all 3 uncharteds and yet i still feel like i should get it again just to play through it yet again.

#67 Papa Neorev

Papa Neorev

Sounders 'Til I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

grabbed twisted metal, wanted Uncharted 3 and Dance Central 2 but meh I still need to finish Uncharted 2 and Dance Central 1 lol. So i'll wait.
Posted Image

#68 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

Picked up Hole in the Wall and Disneyland Kinect.

#69 mrniceguy8

mrniceguy8

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

how is operation raccoon city? worth $10 or pass at any price?

thanks for the responses

I really enjoyed this game with 3 other friends. If you plan on playing by yourself, I would probably say stay away though.

#70 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

FYI, SSX (360) $14.99 just added a big free update: http://www.theverge....ime-multiplayer

#71 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

In for Twisted Metal

#72 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

Nothing for me this time. Just as well, with Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs coming out today, my wallet needs a break anyway.
Posted Image

#73 NoRainNoRainbow

NoRainNoRainbow

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

If anyone wants it, here's a code for 5 gamefly dollars:
Spoiler

It expires tomorrow and I have no need for it. You're welcome!

#74 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

If anyone wants it, here's a code for 5 gamefly dollars:

Spoiler

It expires tomorrow and I have no need for it. You're welcome!

Codes are attached to accounts. Thanks though. Mad I missed Street Fighter. Hopefully they restock tomorrow or thursday

#75 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

grabbed twisted metal. sweet!

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#76 Bullitt24

Bullitt24

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

Tried to buy SFxT but its still 39.99 and its only 12.99 if you wanna keep it after you already rented it.

#77 eagles5769

eagles5769

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

Damn, Twisted Metal went back up to 39.99 in the middle of me entering my CC info. I need to be quicker. At least I got Uncharted 3.

#78 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

I take issue with Cheapy stating "usually in excellent condition". I'm a solid 50/50 with these Gamefly deals. The cool thing is that customer service is very prompt with refunding my cash. My purchases may be the exception, but buyer beware anyways.

#79 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

I just started to play my kinect games again, and was looking for Kinect Sports 2 on the cheap, but now that it is that price... I'm not sure. Have to think about it, but nice to see Gamefly console sales again.

If it means anything to you I believe most if not all copies if kinect sports 2 come with a month of gold, as well as a avatar football outfit and a foam finger prop.

#80 K1NG J0RDAN

K1NG J0RDAN

I Am The One Who KNOCKS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

I don't know if it's a good thing that TM is sold out or what, with Sleeping Dogs arriving tomorrow and Transformers next week, along with the stack I have to play now... Lol. But Resistance 3 and Sonic Generations.............. So tempting
Posted Image

Hardcore Gamer :D

#81 Shaq-Funaki

Shaq-Funaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

wow this is tempting!

Please check out my YouTube video game channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaqfunaki

#82 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:03 AM

FYI, SSX (360) $14.99 just added a big free update: http://www.theverge....ime-multiplayer

So glad I kept my :ps3: copy when it was $10 with @Gamer coupon from Best Buy. I wonder how many CAGs that flipped it to Gamestop now regret their decision.

Tried to buy SFxT but its still 39.99 and its only 12.99 if you wanna keep it after you already rented it.

Damn, Twisted Metal went back up to 39.99 in the middle of me entering my CC info. I need to be quicker. At least I got Uncharted 3.

That's because the used version "sold out". They only have a certain number allocated for these sales and they sell out pretty quick. Occasionally they'll restock games from 10AM - 2 PM EDT although that's now always true either. Just keep checking the thread and their website and you may still luck out.

If you're a member, you can rent the disc from them, and then keep it for the sale price. They then send you the disc, manual, and online passes in the mail. Some CAGs in the past would start a trial account, check out the specific title, then choose to keep it if it was something they really wanted.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#83 Jrittmayer

Jrittmayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

I really want Silent Hill HD but they only have it for 360 and I wanted the PS3version ....

Should've picked it up for $15 a few months back D:

#84 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Stoppage Time GOOOOAAALL!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

I really want Silent Hill HD but they only have it for 360 and I wanted the PS3version ....

Should've picked it up for $15 a few months back D:

got excited about this when I saw the email earlier but now it looks like I have to "Rent" SH HD and then choose to "Keep It" (don't have a membership anymore).

So can someone confirm I am a dumbass and missed something or that this is just a strange occurance?

edit- I should read more. This means it is sold out at the moment correct? (like the sf x t comment above)?

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Trading 360 Games for PS3 Versions/Other PS3 Games

#85 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

lets get grand slam tennis 2 online matches goin peeps, its only 8.99 and pretty fun if u like tennis ;)
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#86 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

Uncharted 3 is now $19.99 brand new.

And worth every damn penny I might add!
Posted Image

#87 K1NG J0RDAN

K1NG J0RDAN

I Am The One Who KNOCKS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

And worth every damn penny I might add!

I second this!!! Uncharted is definitely my favorite series of this generation.
Posted Image

Hardcore Gamer :D

#88 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

After these Best Buy sales I am broke and nothing on there I want anyway. Except for SF VS Tekken nothing on there to write home about.

#89 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:05 AM

Silent Hill HD $17.99. I grabbed one since im sending mine back to konami.

#90 Jrittmayer

Jrittmayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

got excited about this when I saw the email earlier but now it looks like I have to "Rent" SH HD and then choose to "Keep It" (don't have a membership anymore).

So can someone confirm I am a dumbass and missed something or that this is just a strange occurance?

edit- I should read more. This means it is sold out at the moment correct? (like the sf x t comment above)?

The PS3 version (the non-broken, well, not AS broken, version) is either out of stock or full price which makes me sad :(