GameFly August 2012 Used Game Sale

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#181 csmason1

csmason1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Yes, what is this obsession with cosmetic "chips"? Since when does that matter for used games? This isn't the comic collection business, is it? We're still talking about video games and their playability (that is what I always assumed the "excellent condition" referred to), and I have *never* had a problem w/ GF discs out of the 10 or so I've ordered.

#182 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

Yeah, Gamestop around here blows. They've got a policy now where they throw away the original case/manual for DS games, and all you get are the game in a generic case (provided they can find one, which in several cases they haven't, so I'd get a paper sleeve). Disc condition is usually bad to "looks like sandpaper has run over it".

I will glad take a few scratches or chips from the Gamefly discs. 1) usually great prices, 2) complete. Out of probably 30 buys over 3+ years, I've only had 1 disc that wouldn't play, and their return policy was easy and hassle-free. I'm to the point where the only times I'll buy games is GF, Amazon or Newegg.

#183 investor

investor

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

Bingo!

Look. There are, obviously, people here who have never received any chipped discs from Gamefly, while the rest of us unlucky ones, and there are a lot of us, do. Now there's nothing wrong with getting the chipped discs if you are a collector of games and will not be selling or trading them with anyone else. And there maybe a potential issue with these chips causing wear and tear of the optical disc drives due to the imbalancing, but that's another argument not worth debating right now.

All I'm saying it that while Gamefly do offer great values in these used copies coming with prestine cases, manuals and, most importantly, online codes, they should really put a warning on their website that these discs "May come with chips" on them, so that those who were planning to trade or sell them after finishing their games can without any issues. I think that's fair, and not an unreasonable request at all.

I usually like to trade in games to GameStop or bestbuy for store credit once I get bored of them and are just sitting there collecting dust. I don't have all the cash to buy all the games I want so I trade them in and if the discs have chips on it, even if it works perfectly fine, no store will accept it

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#184 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:22 AM

Was disapointed kinect sports did not include the bonuses, And the code with dance central was expired :(

#185 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

they should really put a warning on their website that these discs "May come with chips" on them, so that those who were planning to trade or sell them after finishing their games can without any issues. I think that's fair, and not an unreasonable request at all.

This made my day. You are actually SERIOUS? Make sure you talk about this at any job interview you go to, we need more business people like you running things.

Yeah, "may come with chips", for all of you that don't understand what "used" means.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#186 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

You have been very unlucky if your gamefly discs are in worse condition than GS. I have never seen a "good" used disc from GS. I havent ordered from Gamefly in a while, but the 5 or 6 I did order were mostly flawless PS3 discs. I think 1 had 2or 3 small chips around the edge. Which to me means nothing since the actual layer of the disc being played was scratch free. And the box and manuals are all excellent coniditon. Which is really the great part of Gamefly. You will VERY RARELY find a good box and manual in GS or anywhere else that sells used games. Why? Cause people are fucking nasty. Thats why! :)

After saying all that, condition is relative, we all have different opinions. But most people will agree Gamefly condition overall is much better than GS or any other store.

enjoy they drive working 10x or more on those chipped discs. No common sense these days.... sad as sad panda...

#187 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

This made my day. You are actually SERIOUS? Make sure you talk about this at any job interview you go to, we need more business people like you running things.

Yeah, "may come with chips", for all of you that don't understand what "used" means.

Here is a fork.

#188 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

Gamefly is the only place I've ever purchased a used game that had chips. I've purchased used games that had some scratches, even a small crack once (that I didn't notice when I was picking it up), but never chips. That's not just "used" to me. That's "abused".

#189 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

i've traded numerous chipped discs to different gamestops in my area. you must've missed them on your magic carpet ride to every single gamestop :roll:

I've never gotten a used game from GameStop with chips on it. Want to know why? Because they don't accept chipped discs, they look at that shit like hawks. You obviously have never traded anything in to GameStop. Please go call your GameStop and ask them "can I trade in my game that runs perfectly fine but has multiple chips on the edges?" come back and tell us what they say. Also, its not like the chips are unnoticeable, so we can't just go and pretend like its fine because right when the light hits the disc, all the chips pop out like Pringles

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#190 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

i've traded numerous chipped discs to different gamestops in my area. you must've missed them on your magic carpet ride to every single gamestop :roll:

I have also traded in numerous GF games to GS, not once have they said anything about the chips or hit me with a refurb fee(between the four stores I visit locally).

#191 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

I've also traded plenty of Gamefly games to several different Gamestops, all came with chips. I've never once been questioned or hit with a refurb fee.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#192 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

I have also traded in numerous GF games to GS, not once have they said anything about the chips or hit me with a refurb fee(between the four stores I visit locally).

hit or miss but selling online is a bad idea to many people do not read desc. gs is meh imo and twice they said no and 3 times yes. workers there can be lazy or stingy. point i make is i rather pay 1-2 more to not wear my hw down. always to hd to test 360 games i hardly did and i had 3 games fail. i waited months to install. i only booted fast only.

#193 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

My Twisted Metal was the regular version. If anyone has an extra Twisted Metal: Black Code, I would be willing to trade for it.

Currently Playing
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

DahkX.png

#194 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

When are the monthly sales usually announced? When can we expect the next one?
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

http://t2.gstatic.co...8ymsP7Xj6V0L8o=

#195 FiendCameron

FiendCameron

xGrindxMoshx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

Got my Twisted Metal today. Spotless (and chipless) Limited Edition. Hell yes. So Cal, i dont know which distribution center, but I'm assuming So Cal is served by one.

#196 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Gamefly is the only place I've ever purchased a used game that had chips. I've purchased used games that had some scratches, even a small crack once (that I didn't notice when I was picking it up), but never chips. That's not just "used" to me. That's "abused".

GameFly is EXCELLENT about issuing refunds if you're not satisfied. What more do you "chippy" people want? Have some more cheese. Stop buying from GF and leave them for the rest of us who don't have all of your myriad of issues and just want to buy cheap games. If your complaining results in fewer quality sales from GF, then you will have done this entire community a great injustice.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#197 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

GameFly is EXCELLENT about issuing refunds if you're not satisfied. What more do you "chippy" people want? Have some more cheese. Stop buying from GF and leave them for the rest of us who don't have all of your myriad of issues and just want to buy cheap games. If your complaining results in fewer quality sales from GF, then you will have done this entire community a great injustice.

What are you babbling about? I've repeatedly said that if you set your expectation level appropriately, you'll be pleased. It's true that they issue refunds, and are great with all that, but if the game goes out of stock, they don't replace it with another copy, so you're out the game.

Sounds like somehow you wound up with sand in your vagina over all this. I'm sure Gamefly will quit selling games if a handful of people get broken discs and complain (I haven't ever requested a refund BTW-CAG can thank me later for not making Gamefly cancel all used sales as a policy). :roll:

I buy from them when the price hits a point that a severely cosmetically damaged disc wouldn't bother me. My first order it was really annoying because everyone raves about the condition of discs, while mine were beat to hell. At this point I have ordered enough from them to expect chipped and scratched discs that still play.

Rinse with vinegar. Freak-sake.

#198 pandanaut

pandanaut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Got my Twisted Metal today. Spotless (and chipless) Limited Edition. Hell yes. So Cal, i dont know which distribution center, but I'm assuming So Cal is served by one.

Same here. I wiped my shirt over the disc and it looked brand new.

#199 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

what kind of chips have yall been getting? I like sour cream & onion

#200 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

This is only one chip worthy:

Posted Image

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#201 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

After purchasing many games from them and never having a problem I received twisted metal today and the disc looks like someone intently scrapped a fork across both the readable side and the side with artwork on it.

I sent them an email but it's Saturday so not sure what they'll do. I want the game but just a disc swap, not sure if they do that or not. Any other alternatives someone could recommend?

#202 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:22 AM

After purchasing many games from them and never having a problem I received twisted metal today and the disc looks like someone intently scrapped a fork across both the readable side and the side with artwork on it.

I sent them an email but it's Saturday so not sure what they'll do. I want the game but just a disc swap, not sure if they do that or not. Any other alternatives someone could recommend?

Wolverine must have rented that copy

#203 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

Maybe it got scratched by some twisted metal. That would be ironic.

#204 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:43 AM

Ironic indeed, guess ill just wait for their response. Or ill just go by gamestop and say I bought it and need a different disc.

#205 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:17 AM

gamefly doesnt send replacements- they only refund and give u a return shipping label.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#206 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

My last 2 games came with fries No Chips

Woot

:beer:
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#207 slowpantz

slowpantz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

Very tempted to bit on twisted metal.....fellow CAGs is it worth the $18?
Check out a classy show, One man asking a series of woman the hard hitting questions! : letsaskalady.podbean.com
Also on iTunes! Subscribe today.

#208 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

Forgot to post but got both Twisted Metal & LoR: War of the North last thursday, both in prefect shape as usually.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360- Assassin's Creed III
PS3- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Nintendo Wii- AC: City Folk
3DS- New Super Mario Bros. 2
My Game Collection- www.listal.com/list/buffalos-xbox-360-collection

#209 blrobbin

blrobbin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

Ordered Need for Speed The Run for 360, they sent me the PS3 version so they gave me $5

#210 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

Miss a good deal on everybody dance and just dance....