Final Fantasy XIII-2 CE $29 PS3 and Xbox 360 Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 hypertek

hypertek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

Hey guys hope this isn't a repost, I didnt see it anywhere, but Gamestop has the final fantasy xiii-2 collector's edition for $29 now

http://www.gamestop....s-edition/98101
http://www.gamestop....s-edition/98100

I went to one gamestop and they still had the old price of $49 on it (and they only had the xbox version).. I went to another gamestop and they had it and was $29.

Been wanting this game, and I think it was a good price for a collector's edition.

#2 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

No stores even close to me have it in stock anymore. Sad face. T__T

Also, why did you round down from 99 cents to $29? @_@
Posted Image

#3 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

Hmm I've been waiting for this to drop AND I have GS credit I'm waiting to spend... but the question is, will it drop any further?

Btw, remember to PM to Amazon!

#4 .Virus

.Virus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

No stores even close to me have it in stock anymore. Sad face. T__T

Also, why did you round down from 99 cents to $29? @_@

make sure you call and ask , the site says *Low Stock but stores will still have plenty available.

#5 hypertek

hypertek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

Yeah The gamestop that actually had it, i called them this morning and the guy told me they didnt have anymore (he had me on hold for a lil while because I could hear him talking to a customer).. I went to another gamestop and they said that place i called had it, so i went there and a female who was working there got it for me.. So that guy on the phone was probably lazy or just didn't look. :bouncy:

Being a collector's edition , you probably have to swoop it up fast. Mine had a few indents on the cover sleeve, but I don't mind.

Its my first collector's edition, so Im not used to the larger size packaging compared to all my standard edition games lol
Posted Image

Btw, They got the regular edition for $19 now, and amazon also has it for $19 with free shipping =)
I figured CE would be cool to have.

#6 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

^you joined in 2009 and it's your entire collection....?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

Stores have it!.... 20 miles away from me :(

#8 hypertek

hypertek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

Yeah pretty much, minus God of War 1+2 greatest hits which I can't find. Some of these games I picked up because of this forum, others because I was out somewhere and just wanted em. But I been busy with other stuff, and I still buy computer games here and there. Been unemployed since 2009 sadly so my games come slow for me lol

#9 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

Stores have it!.... 20 miles away from me :(

20 miles is stopping you? It's only ~$4 gas

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#10 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

20 miles is stopping you? It's only ~$4 gas

But it's 40 miles really considering there and back.
Posted Image

#11 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

I might grab one since *Low Stock* is in the mall right next to where I work . . . but I'm afraid that the price might drop even lower. I mean it has already dropped this far so what's stopping it from dropping lower?

EDIT: If the Gamestop in the mall near my work does in fact have one I guess I'll grab it. I'm sure the guy behind the counter will tell me they don't have it and buy it himself. The jackass did that with a Deus Ex HR Augmented for PS3 that I wanted. Said they didn't have one, bought it himself, and then returned it to the store opened and labeled it "new".

Edited by Captain Urahara, 14 August 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#12 hypertek

hypertek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

They are probably discontinuing it I would think

#13 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:39 AM

My local stores each have some. Would get this except for the fact that I hate that anime, JRPG crap....
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#14 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:39 AM

Was mentioned in the Cheap & Old Collector's Edition thread last week but worth a thread regardless. They dried up pretty quickly.

#15 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:44 AM

Its my first collector's edition.....

Once upon a time , long before the stars - I had that experience!

#16 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:44 AM

That's larger than my PS3 collection. But I buy most games for the 360.
Posted Image

#17 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

But it's 40 miles really considering there and back.

I would go buy it, my $4 gas claculation is considering the round trip.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#18 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

It's most likely used (gutted) at this point.

#19 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

It's most likely used (gutted) at this point.

I have literally no experience buying new from GS, didn't know they would do this for CEs as well:drool:

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#20 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

Maybe if you drove a Prius. And you from Cali too! Gas is $4+/gallon ever since the Chevron thing, lol. So wouldn't be a $4 round trip even with a Prius though, XD
Posted Image

#21 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:01 AM

I have literally no experience buying new from GS, didn't know they would do this for CEs as well:drool:

A buddy of mine saw a Deus Ex HR Augmented for PS3 at a Gamestop for $20 Brand New Sealed but didn't buy it(he's an idiot). He told me about it after they closed for the night. I went there the next day and asked to buy it. The jackass behind the counter started acting shifty, typed on a few keys on his keyboard, and then said they hadn't had one in stock for MONTHS. Thinking my idiot friend saw wrong I left.

Went back there with a him a few days later and guess what . . . PS3 Deus Ex HR Augmented on the shelf for $30 "New". The artbook was the only thing inside and was visibly flipped through, of course I was able to see this because it was OPEN. "New" my ass.

No DLC codes or Square Enix registration code in sight.

#22 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

Maybe if you drove a Prius. And you from Cali too! Gas is $4+/gallon ever since the Chevron thing, lol. So wouldn't be a $4 round trip even with a Prius though, XD

40 miles for me is a quarter of my tank, not worth it. Gas here is $3.34 (if you look in the right places) to $3.65. Not worth driving all around for a game I don't really care to want. Rather get it for $10 during another sale.

#23 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

A Prius gets around 32 miles per gallon, and i kind of assume most savvy shoppers (like CAGs8-)) buy gas gift cards at 20% off. But you are right my calculations are a bit off, I was thinking about $3.9 per gallon few weeks ago, today is $4.1 I noticed on my way back from work.

I am seriously considering a electric vehicle for my next car, deal hunting costs would be much cheaper!

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#24 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:09 AM

A Prius gets around 32 miles per gallon, and i kind of assume most savvy shoppers (like CAGs8-)) buy gas gift cards at 20% off. But you are right my calculations are a bit off, I was thinking about $3.9 per gallon few weeks ago, today is $4.1 I noticed on my way back from work.

I am seriously considering a electric vehicle for my next car, deal hunting costs would be much cheaper!

Yeah, that Chevron thing really screwed everything up, lol. ~_~
Posted Image

#25 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

Saw this back during the GameStock sale Gamestop had a few weeks ago. Was going to buy it, but looked gutted. Plus it had like 3 different stickers on it. I probably won't get around to playing it anytime soon either, so I skipped on it.

#26 hypertek

hypertek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:39 AM

no my CE was wrapped in plastic with the original price tag saying $79. I opened it though because I plan to play it, but got a backlog of games as well.

#27 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

no my CE was wrapped in plastic with the original price tag saying $79. I opened it though because I plan to play it, but got a backlog of games as well.

I don't think he was referring to your CE specifically, but Gamestop CE's in general. There's a high chance if you can find it in a store it will be gutted with GS.
Posted Image

#28 XzMrHitDatHoezX

XzMrHitDatHoezX

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:50 AM

I picked mine up at BBY I had to get them to PM at GS ofcourse

#29 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

I picked mine up at BBY I had to get them to PM at GS ofcourse

I would do that since I'd rather give BB my money rather than GS, but my BB only has a regular copy with the Novella and a regular copy without the Novella. No CE's :(

#30 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:05 AM

I'm sort of ashamed I spent this much alone importing the steelbook for this game lol. It is sweet though.