Darksiders 2 Limited Edition PS3 Deepdiscountdvd 35.99 with free shipping

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

Just saw this on SD. It will probably get cancelled, but if not, then this is an amazing deal. With the deals they've had recently on 3d blu-rays, this may just be legit. Doesn't hurt to try, right?

http://www.deepdiscount.com/video_game/Ps-3-Darksiders-2

DDD links don't work directly from here. Copy and paste into a new window.

#2 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

Thanks. I'll be happy if they send me any version of Darksiders 2.
Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#3 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

Great price so tempted but I know the story. If it looks too good .. plus DDD has had a ton of problems in the past. I will just wait.
Posted Image

#4 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

Never order from them...you guys have had experience with them?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5 Maineavalanche

Maineavalanche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

Thanks a lot. In for one and we'll see how it goes. I want the game, but it is simply not a $60 purchase for me.

#6 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

I placed an order, but I have never had them honor a price mistake. I think I am 1/5 orders with them.

#7 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

http://www.resellerr...e/Deep_Discount

After seeing this I would be very careful.
Posted Image

#8 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

Never order from them...you guys have had experience with them?

I've ordered movies through them with no issues. It will likely get canceled, but it might be worth a risk for some. If they do cancel and I haven't received my funds back within 5 business days, I'll just contact my bank.
Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#9 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

http://www.resellerr...e/Deep_Discount

After seeing this I would be very careful.

I've always noted them as a scam company. Never trusted them, never will.

#10 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

i thought this is really a GREAT deal until i saw Limited Edition which isnt the one with the mask. :(

#11 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

Off Topic a bit: How was the first one in terms of overall game play and especially story? If it's worth the play through I might try to pick up the first one and get in on this deal.

#12 Maineavalanche

Maineavalanche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

Off Topic a bit: How was the first one in terms of overall game play and especially story? If it's worth the play through I might try to pick up the first one and get in on this deal.

The first one is pretty solid, especially since you can find it used for $10. Gameplay-wise it is a lot like God of War, but with more upgrades and more Zelda-like puzzle solving. I was not a fan of the story, it was pretty ho-hum, but the game is certainly worth a look.

#13 Maineavalanche

Maineavalanche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:03 AM

I've ordered movies through them with no issues. It will likely get canceled, but it might be worth a risk for some. If they do cancel and I haven't received my funds back within 5 business days, I'll just contact my bank.

Due to what everyone has said, I paid through Paypal. I don't think I want them having my CC info.

#14 kobeisgod

kobeisgod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

What the heck, even if it takes a month i'll take it for this price. if it's a mistake hope they at least cancel the order this week.

#15 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

The retailer takes forever to deliver. That is the only problem I have ever had with them. Moreover, it took nearly a month for Firefly to be delivered.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#16 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:15 AM

I placed an order, but I have never had them honor a price mistake. I think I am 1/5 orders with them.

Their mistakes like Band of Brothers Blu-Ray for $9 get canceled without a second thought, but this deal might be legitimate. They've had similar discounts on pre-orders. Star Wars BD comes to mind.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#17 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:40 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm still hesitant for some reason. Will decide tonight.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#18 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:49 AM

Didn't they do this with Yakuza Dead Souls earlier this year?

How did that turn out?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#19 RespectTheChemistry

RespectTheChemistry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:00 AM

Yikes, from reading those reviews it seems Deep Discount has gone down the toilet the past few years.

I remember doing business with them in 06-07 and the service and prices were always pretty good, and back then their customer service was actually helpful (they sent me 2 Steelbooks once to replace one which arrived with a broken disc holder).

Kinda sad to read so many awful customer experiences.

#20 Soujiro_Seta

Soujiro_Seta

Restless Soul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

I'd advise against ordering from DDD. I waited nearly 3 months for breaking bad season 1 and then the blu ray dropped in price everywhere and emailed them to finally cancel and they said I couldn't because they had just shipped them. Their customer service is overall terrible. But good luck if you decide to order.

#21 frankmackeyspam

frankmackeyspam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

DDD came through on my Witcher 2 (360) pre-order. I think that one was the same price if I recall correctly.

So tempted on this one, but I have a huge backlog at the moment (including the first Darksiders), plus I think they're planning a good bit of DLC for this game. Gonna hold out for the inevitable GOTY/Complete edition.

#22 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

Meh deal since their shipping is so slow you wont get it until 2-3 weeks from now at the earliest, (in my experience), killing the day 1 price.
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#23 Ashtaar

Ashtaar

King of Blades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

I used Deep Discount before (circa 2009) I got expedited Shipping, but now that I think about it, it did take awhile for them to ship my Mass Effect GOTY edition... d'oh!

210452.png

#24 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

I ordered one. Let's see what happens.
Let's go O's!

#25 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

I ordered Starhawk from them for the same price shortly after launch week and they immediately listed the item as "backordered", despite the fact that they charged my Google Checkout right away. I waited a week or so, then sent them a threatening e-mail; and then my copy of Starhawk shipped later the same day. Going to do the same here.

#26 maxfisher

maxfisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

Well, thought I'd price match this at Fry's instead of waiting 2-3 weeks for it to ship, but apparently they've made the do-not-match list there. Looks like the deal is dead now, so missed it. Oh well.

#27 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

I never posted when I placed my order Monday night, so I just wanted to say thank you to the OP.

Has anyone's order shipped yet? Mine is listed as a pre-order.

#28 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

Anyones ship? I would think not maybe in a few weeks.
Posted Image

#29 Ashtaar

Ashtaar

King of Blades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

I'll give them until Friday and then I'll cancel my order

210452.png

#30 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

Quick update for everyone: I decided to cancel my order, which was an arduous process in itself. The CS rep. told me that I was never charged for the item, which--as anyone who's ever ordered from the cesspool that is the current-day DeepDiscount know--is complete bullsh*t. I just responded to them to let them know that they are indeed incorrect, but my hopes are rapidly diminishing...

I still have my order in for The Last Story, and I'm only letting it ride because it's a great deal on a game that will be difficult to find cheap; but I'm also probably going to pick up a second copy somewhere else that has a good return policy and then leave it unopened in case my DD order never arrives...