Darksiders 2 Limited Edition PS3 Deepdiscountdvd 35.99 with free shipping

dmdragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Just saw this on SD. It will probably get cancelled, but if not, then this is an amazing deal. With the deals they've had recently on 3d blu-rays, this may just be legit. Doesn't hurt to try, right?

Code:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/video_game/Ps-3-Darksiders-2

DDD links don't work directly from here. Copy and paste into a new window.

Great price so tempted but I know the story. If it looks too good .. plus DDD has had a ton of problems in the past. I will just wait.

[quote name='TooPoor']Never order from them...you guys have had experience with them?[/QUOTE]

I've ordered movies through them with no issues. It will likely get canceled, but it might be worth a risk for some. If they do cancel and I haven't received my funds back within 5 business days, I'll just contact my bank.

Off Topic a bit: How was the first one in terms of overall game play and especially story? If it's worth the play through I might try to pick up the first one and get in on this deal.

[quote name='jedolley']Off Topic a bit: How was the first one in terms of overall game play and especially story? If it's worth the play through I might try to pick up the first one and get in on this deal.[/QUOTE]

The first one is pretty solid, especially since you can find it used for $10. Gameplay-wise it is a lot like God of War, but with more upgrades and more Zelda-like puzzle solving. I was not a fan of the story, it was pretty ho-hum, but the game is certainly worth a look.

[quote name='UberSwiss']I've ordered movies through them with no issues. It will likely get canceled, but it might be worth a risk for some. If they do cancel and I haven't received my funds back within 5 business days, I'll just contact my bank.[/QUOTE]

Due to what everyone has said, I paid through Paypal. I don't think I want them having my CC info.

What the heck, even if it takes a month i'll take it for this price. if it's a mistake hope they at least cancel the order this week.

The retailer takes forever to deliver. That is the only problem I have ever had with them. Moreover, it took nearly a month for Firefly to be delivered.

[quote name='slowdive21']I placed an order, but I have never had them honor a price mistake. I think I am 1/5 orders with them.[/QUOTE]

Their mistakes like Band of Brothers Blu-Ray for $9 get canceled without a second thought, but this deal might be legitimate. They've had similar discounts on pre-orders. Star Wars BD comes to mind.

[quote name='UberSwiss']I've ordered movies through them with no issues. It will likely get canceled, but it might be worth a risk for some. If they do cancel and I haven't received my funds back within 5 business days, I'll just contact my bank.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. I'm still hesitant for some reason. Will decide tonight.

Yikes, from reading those reviews it seems Deep Discount has gone down the toilet the past few years.

I remember doing business with them in 06-07 and the service and prices were always pretty good, and back then their customer service was actually helpful (they sent me 2 Steelbooks once to replace one which arrived with a broken disc holder).

Kinda sad to read so many awful customer experiences.

I'd advise against ordering from DDD. I waited nearly 3 months for breaking bad season 1 and then the blu ray dropped in price everywhere and emailed them to finally cancel and they said I couldn't because they had just shipped them. Their customer service is overall terrible. But good luck if you decide to order.

DDD came through on my Witcher 2 (360) pre-order. I think that one was the same price if I recall correctly.

So tempted on this one, but I have a huge backlog at the moment (including the first Darksiders), plus I think they're planning a good bit of DLC for this game. Gonna hold out for the inevitable GOTY/Complete edition.

Meh deal since their shipping is so slow you wont get it until 2-3 weeks from now at the earliest, (in my experience), killing the day 1 price.

I used Deep Discount before (circa 2009) I got expedited Shipping, but now that I think about it, it did take awhile for them to ship my Mass Effect GOTY edition... d'oh!

I ordered Starhawk from them for the same price shortly after launch week and they immediately listed the item as "backordered", despite the fact that they charged my Google Checkout right away. I waited a week or so, then sent them a threatening e-mail; and then my copy of Starhawk shipped later the same day. Going to do the same here.

Well, thought I'd price match this at Fry's instead of waiting 2-3 weeks for it to ship, but apparently they've made the do-not-match list there. Looks like the deal is dead now, so missed it. Oh well.

I never posted when I placed my order Monday night, so I just wanted to say thank you to the OP.

Has anyone's order shipped yet? Mine is listed as a pre-order.

Quick update for everyone: I decided to cancel my order, which was an arduous process in itself. The CS rep. told me that I was never charged for the item, which--as anyone who's ever ordered from the cesspool that is the current-day DeepDiscount know--is complete bullsh*t. I just responded to them to let them know that they are indeed incorrect, but my hopes are rapidly diminishing...

I still have my order in for The Last Story, and I'm only letting it ride because it's a great deal on a game that will be difficult to find cheap; but I'm also probably going to pick up a second copy somewhere else that has a good return policy and then leave it unopened in case my DD order never arrives...

Wow didn't know deep discount takes so long to ship, which is suspicious: do they not have the item in hand? Or they are just that slow in processing?

[quote name='dino88']I never posted when I placed my order Monday night, so I just wanted to say thank you to the OP.

Has anyone's order shipped yet? Mine is listed as a pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Likewise. When I placed the order on 08/14 it did say that it could take 5+ days to ship so I'll wait a few more days. If still nothing and my card has been charged (haven't checked yet) and there will be hell to pay.

[quote name='TooPoor']Wow didn't know deep discount takes so long to ship, which is suspicious: do they not have the item in hand? Or they are just that slow in processing?[/QUOTE]

I'm another who has had shipping issues with them, and honestly I think they use international wholesellers and they prebuy games to avoid over ordering. Smart for a medium sized retailer online because it keeps overhead low but it stinks for us because they don't get our product until shipping and customs is done with.

I ordered from Deep Discount once during a Blu-ray B1G1 deal they had going on. After I ordered like 10 Blu-ray's I got backordered notices on ALL of them. Over the course of the next SIX MONTHS I received 8 of the 10 in random shipments. The final two never arrived and I went through hell and high water to get a refund from them.

Hey guys...has any one who pre ordered this gotten thiers shipped yet? I haven't gotten any confirmation from deep discount about it being shipped and thinking about canceling my order

[quote name='jedolley']Off Topic a bit: How was the first one in terms of overall game play and especially story? If it's worth the play through I might try to pick up the first one and get in on this deal.[/QUOTE]

zelda + god of war, not quite as polished as either. definitely worth a playthough, it's a fun game.

Mine has shipped as well. I actually sent them an email last night to have it cancelled since I thought it would probably be months until it shipped, but to my surprise it ended up going out today. Not too bad. :)

[quote name='Gators300']I ordered from Deep Discount once during a Blu-ray B1G1 deal they had going on. After I ordered like 10 Blu-ray's I got backordered notices on ALL of them. Over the course of the next SIX MONTHS I received 8 of the 10 in random shipments. The final two never arrived and I went through hell and high water to get a refund from them.[/QUOTE]

Stories like this are why I cancelled mine. Sure, I paid $11 more for the game from NewEgg; but I've also been enjoying it for a week, rather than nervously waiting to see if the idiots that run DeepDiscount were ever going to ship it.

I hope it works out for everyone, it's not fair to have to deal with this, especially considering DeepDiscount used to be a great place to shop online.

[quote name='AwRy108']Stories like this are why I cancelled mine. Sure, I paid $11 more for the game from NewEgg; but I've also been enjoying it for a week, rather than nervously waiting to see if the idiots that run DeepDiscount were ever going to ship it.

I hope it works out for everyone, it's not fair to have to deal with this, especially considering DeepDiscount used to be a great place to shop online.[/QUOTE]

It really did; before when they were still deepdiscountdvd, I remember getting box sets for $20+ less than any other retailer and getting them in a week

Sent email 2 days ago asking them to cancel my order if they weren't going to ship this week and got a shipping confirmation today. Probably last thing I order from them.

Coincidentally today I also received a shipping email.

I probably won't be able to play it for a while since I have a ton of game already and I still need to finish the first game! Ha. I think it's worth it for the price and the DLC.

Had anyone received there's yet? mine claims it's out for delivery (i got 3-5 day shipping) but no sign of it yet....
Edit: it came around 1:00pm still need to beat part 1 though smh

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back