Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#3031 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

Wow, didn't think that would generate that much interest. I've dropped a couple other codes and two CAG's got them. Im just happy if someone can enjoy them and they don't go to waste. A thanks is appreciated but I understand some may get lurked. I might do the PM thing next time but just don't want to get a bunch of PMs. anyway, enjoy the games.

Next time just do a steamgifts.com giveaway.

#3032 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

Does anyone have Hitman: Sniper Challenge currently installed?

I was going to try a fix to get around the region block (I redeemed a key from Famitsu).

#3033 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

Next time just do a steamgifts.com giveaway.

He'd need to be in BGCQ because anyone can invite to the CAG group, meaning that it's overflowing with non-CAGs. Bastards.

#3034 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

MikeUFC should post his Cryostasis SteamRecommendation here. If he doesn't by later tonight, I might.

Ask and you shall receive, my friend.

Let's be real. There's a lot of things wrong with this game. The graphics are mediocre, the shooting/melee mechanics are poor at best and it's probably the most poorly optimized game I've ever played. Even on beefy systems, you'll experience a relatively poor framerate...That said, this game is very strangely compelling. It's a puzzle game with some (albeit simple and clumsy) combat implemented. The atmosphere, situations and especially story with the way it's told make it worth it to see it through the end. An easy recommendation if you can get this for $5 or less.

#3035 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

Indie Royale: The Back to School Bundle is live $4 atm.

Steam Keys
Sword & Soldiers + DLC
Lunar Flight
Sequence

Desura Keys
Bunny Must Die
Flying Red Barrel
Qlione
Cute Things Dying Violently :cry:

Indie Royale almost always disappoints me.
Haven't Swords and Soldiers, Sequence, and CTDV been in other bundles already?

Think you're good at Fantasy Sports? Check out Fanduel where you can play daily to win money on Fantasy Sports!

https://www.fanduel....jimbodan&cnl=da

fs_pc.png

#3036 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

If anyone was disappointed in missing a Pitman Desura key, just send me a PM and you can have mine. :) (Remember, it's Desura, not Steam.)

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3037 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

Indie Royale almost always disappoints me.
Haven't Swords and Soldiers, Sequence, and CTDV been in other bundles already?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... I haven't seen Sequence in a bundle (although I may have missed it), but everything else is pretty mediocre this time around.

Interested in Sequence and maybe Bunny Must Die, but for a $5+ minimum, not worth it. Not really even worth it for $4 this time around. :cry:

The last IR bundle with Analogue and Waves was actually really good though.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3038 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

Sequence hasn't been in a bundle, but it has been given out free before by the developer on neogaf. Sword and Soldier was in a humble bundle, you could get it by beating the average (which was too high IMO, you were better off waiting for it to be in another bundle). CTDV was in an Indie Gala bundle, which I'm glad I passed on.

The only game I already had from this Indie Royale is Sequence, cuz I got a key from the developer for free.

#3039 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

If anyone was disappointed in missing a Pitman Desura key, just send me a PM and you can have mine. :) (Remember, it's Desura, not Steam.)

Thank you for Pitman.

#3040 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

Thank you for Pitman.

You're welcome. :)

Too bad I missed Sequence back then. I've been looking at the game for awhile; it looks like something I'd enjoy (Guitar Hero RPG? lol). It'll be $2 again during the Winter sale though, so I'll just wait for that.

bZ2g3eF.png

#3041 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

I'll just leave this here.

Spoiler

Tiger_Driver.png

Spoiler

#3042 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

Spoiler

I managed to get the Swords & Soldiers DLC (not the game as I own it) and Lunar Flight.

Thank you very much!

#3043 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

Spoiler

Looks like the game was lurked. Damn Steam updates, I took too long. xD

bZ2g3eF.png

#3044 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

Yeah, I saw it the minute you posted it, was on my ipad, jumped up to my pc but was too late. I should buy a SSD as that would have cut down on a good minute. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

#3045 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

Curious what Indie Gala will have... they're sort of running out of cut-rate publishers to get games from.

#3046 unless

unless

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

Sequence is very much worth your time. It's the first rhythm game that I've enjoyed, excluding GH and RB.

#3047 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

I thought Metro 2033 was mediocre, to be honest. Every level felt like it chained me to slow moving Russians from encounter to encounter, and the few times where it let me off the leash and got fun, it was basically Call of Duty with terrible stealth mechanics.

That said, the graphics are nice and the shooting isn't too bad for a while. I don't think you'll waste your time if you buy it just to play as much as you can tolerate.

Oh, and it's one of THOSE games. You know the sort, ones that you can't dislike without being assumed to have "not understood" it or been "too casual" for it so the conversation is always a little one-sided.

I'm in complete agreement. There are definitely positives: atmosphere, for one. Mostly though I found it to be a mediocre experience and it's one of the rare FPS games I've never finished.

76561197971332172.png

#3048 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

I'm in complete agreement. There are definitely positives: atmosphere, for one. Mostly though I found it to be a mediocre experience and it's one of the rare FPS games I've never finished.

I have to agree with both of you, mediocre and poorly optimized mess. The gunplay didn't even feel good to me. I probably should go back to it but it's been long enough that steam doesn't even say when I last played it and I haven't had a desire.

I can understand what people see in it, but I just don't see the same things.

#3049 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

So what exactly is the point of steamgifts.com? Just to be nice? Is it basically just a raffle without actually having to pay anything to enter? What're the "(_P)"s next to the title of the games? Say I wanted to give away Borderlands 2, would the giveaway be open to anybody?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I just now noticed all those steamgift sigs.

#3050 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

So what exactly is the point of steamgifts.com? Just to be nice? Is it basically just a raffle without actually having to pay anything to enter? What're the "(_P)"s next to the title of the games? Say I wanted to give away Borderlands 2, would the giveaway be open to anybody?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I just now noticed all those

Well, it's a giveaway site. You give games away.

The P stands for what the retail value of the game is. For example, if you want to enter giveaway for Borderlands 2, the retail value is $60 now, so you'd spend 60P to enter it. It's to stop people from entering EVERY give away at once. You have to be a bit more selective with the ones you enter. Your points regenerate over time though.

Otherwise, it's pretty self-explanatory. You can host an open giveaway, but you can also make the giveaway ONLY open to a certain Steam group (like the CAG Steam Group), and you can also add that only those above a certain contributor level can enter. Your contributor level is just a mirror of how the total value of all the games you've given away, i.e. if you gave away Borderlands 2, and FTL, you'd have $60 + $10 = $70 contributor level.

Hope that answers your questions. :)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3051 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

That answers all my questions, thanks.

#3052 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I just now noticed all those steamgift sigs.

Ita essentially a raffle. You can make a private giveaway so only people you want can enter

#3053 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:59 AM

Bought my copy of Borderlands 2 from GMG today, got my key instantly.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#3054 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

Pow. Borderlands 2 giveaway.

http://www.steamgift...W/borderlands-2

Figured since it's my first one, I'd open it to everybody.

#3055 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

LOL...watch the comments...someone is probably going to scream "FAKE" somewhere. (to incite it more, set your inventory as private)

Anyway, cool of you for giving away BL2

#3056 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

Wow very awesome of you man! :applause:

fs_overall.png

#3057 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:31 AM

You're one magnanimous dude. :applause:

MARS

#3058 PCgamerz

PCgamerz

CHE@P or no deal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

Thank you, I'm entering it :D

PCgamerzz.png?font=DroidSans&userbg=1&gl

aAavubI.png    6KZ48wP.png?4       ZyWUSqV.jpg

I hate price differences & region restricted :evil:

#3059 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

Sequence hasn't been in a bundle, but it has been given out free before by the developer on neogaf. Sword and Soldier was in a humble bundle, you could get it by beating the average (which was too high IMO, you were better off waiting for it to be in another bundle). CTDV was in an Indie Gala bundle, which I'm glad I passed on.

The only game I already had from this Indie Royale is Sequence, cuz I got a key from the developer for free.

That must have been where I got Sequence from since I had it in my library and know I didn't buy it.

Think you're good at Fantasy Sports? Check out Fanduel where you can play daily to win money on Fantasy Sports!

https://www.fanduel....jimbodan&cnl=da

fs_pc.png

#3060 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:04 AM

Was The Amazing Spiderman ever on Steam? I could've sworn that it was.