Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#3061 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

Was The Amazing Spiderman ever on Steam? I could've sworn that it was.

Announced and then never happened if I recall correctly.

#3062 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

Are there any schmups on Steam that you guys would recommend?

#3063 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

Jamestown.

MARS

#3064 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

+1 for Jamestown

Think you're good at Fantasy Sports? Check out Fanduel where you can play daily to win money on Fantasy Sports!

https://www.fanduel....jimbodan&cnl=da

fs_pc.png

#3065 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

Looks like Borderlands 2 is getting a lot of hardcore regional restrictions http://www.reddit.co...etting_our_own/

While it's not giftable anymore I don't know if that applies to copies purchased before the change so may want to keep an eye out if you're trading for it.

#3066 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

Looks like Borderlands 2 is getting a lot of hardcore regional restrictions http://www.reddit.co...etting_our_own/

While it's not giftable anymore I don't know if that applies to copies purchased before the change so may want to keep an eye out if you're trading for it.

I was reading in a guide on Reddit that when they change restrictions for a game they make a new product number for it, they don't ever change the restrictions on an existing product. So if you have a region free one it should remain region free. I read that here.

From the look of that thread it seems that my comment may not be relevant.

#3067 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

The Winter Wolves bundle has added Spirited Heart as a bonus goal for 1,000 bundles, which I do think they can hit. I don't think there's any way they're going to hit 5,000 bundles, so if you decide to put in the $10 to get Planet Stronghold no matter what, you're getting 7 VN/Life-Sim games for $10 ($1.43 per game, folks!).

No, they don't have Steam keys now, but several of them are on Greenlight, and Winter Wolves will be giving out Steam keys for the games that make it to those who buy the bundle.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#3068 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

The Winter Wolves bundle has added Spirited Heart as a bonus goal for 1,000 bundles, which I do think they can hit. I don't think there's any way they're going to hit 5,000 bundles, so if you decide to put in the $10 to get Planet Stronghold no matter what, you're getting 7 VN/Life-Sim games for $10 ($1.43 per game, folks!).

No, they don't have Steam keys now, but several of them are on Greenlight, and Winter Wolves will be giving out Steam keys for the games that make it to those who buy the bundle.

Is Planet Stronghold worth the extra $5?

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3069 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:54 AM

Good grief, FTL is like 90% RNG and easy as pie up until the final boss who is just ridiculously overpowered.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#3070 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

They also changed the run time of the bundle from 8 days to the standard 2 weeks, so there's a chance that the 5k mark will be hit.

You can always add more to your purchase later on if you want Planet Stronghold and the goal isn't hit.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3071 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

+5 Jamestown. I won it on Steamgifts, had no idea what it was, but had a blast. I really need to get some more wired controllers and get that 4 player action going.

#3072 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

Spoiler

Grabbed Sacred Gold yesterday and I just realized that I haven't said anything after this. Shame on me.
Thank you very much for sharing nice things with CAGs.

#3073 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

+5 Jamestown. I won it on Steamgifts, had no idea what it was, but had a blast. I really need to get some more wired controllers and get that 4 player action going.

This, I loved Jamestown even though I hate shmups.

fs_overall.png

#3074 aa.jetta

aa.jetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

Good grief, FTL is like 90% RNG and easy as pie up until the final boss who is just ridiculously overpowered.

Finally managed to beat it on Easy (I know right?) with an Engi ship and probably spending way too much time in nebulas earning scrap. I do agree that RNG is rather unkind in this game. Especially the events that just kill off one of your crew members.

#3075 ParkCarsHere

ParkCarsHere

Lincolnish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

Finally managed to beat it on Easy (I know right?) with an Engi ship and probably spending way too much time in nebulas earning scrap. I do agree that RNG is rather unkind in this game. Especially the events that just kill off one of your crew members.

That is kind of the point of the genre though...

In a more old-school roguelike, you would have to be the luckiest person alive to beat it in the first week of release, and a lot of people never beat them.

#3076 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Finally managed to beat it on Easy (I know right?) with an Engi ship and probably spending way too much time in nebulas earning scrap. I do agree that RNG is rather unkind in this game.

Spoiler

Woah, spoiler tag that there, son.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#3077 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

That is kind of the point of the genre though...

In a more old-school roguelike, you would have to be the luckiest person alive to beat it in the first week of release, and a lot of people never beat them.

Well, you're halfway there. In a really good roguelike, you have nearly limitless options at any given time. Even in a no win scenario you can drag it out so that killing you is harder than nailing jello to a wall.

In FTL, the basic gameplay is really simple. Almost every event is just a random chance "crew dies/ship loses 10 hull" or "you get a weapon/scrap" if you don't have the right blue option crew/ship. Worst part is that the game is quite easy for 90% of it, with only the final boss being particularly difficult and THAT'S relying on if you got lucky with the weapon drops through the game.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#3078 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

So I preordered Dishonored off GMG, not knowing much other than it was steampunk deus ex. After watching a 3 minute gameplay trailer, I was almost creaming my pants excited for the game. :lol:
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3079 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

It might be cheaper to get a boxed copy of Dishonored, as it's Steamworks anyway. You can already pre-order for ~US$44 delivered from the UK (includes DLC, too), so I can only imagine there will be better deals closer to release. Not to mention you'd pay on dispatch, instead of when ordering.

#3080 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

LOL...watch the comments...someone is probably going to scream "FAKE" somewhere. (to incite it more, set your inventory as private)

Anyway, cool of you for giving away BL2

CStryker (20 minutes ago)
Could you dear giveaway-author please grant access to your steam-inventory as a sign of trust. I am highly suspicious of high-priced-giveaways from <1-day-old-accounts with hidden steam inventory

#3081 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

It might be cheaper to get a boxed copy of Dishonored, as it's Steamworks anyway. You can already pre-order for ~US$44 delivered from the UK (includes DLC, too), so I can only imagine there will be better deals closer to release. Not to mention you'd pay on dispatch, instead of when ordering.

I got a copy at Green Man Gaming for $45.

Green Man Gaming was the cheapest with the 25% off coupon and since Amazon could not get a DD preorder so I bit there.
Posted Image

#3082 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Well... the cheapest was actually in my link. ;) (I know GMG have it without the DLC for $45, but boxed + DLC + shipping is still cheaper if you can wait a week)

I'm not suggesting for you to cancel and re-order from the UK. That link was just an example of how cheap it is already, and it's likely that other retailers to have it cheaper before release. And given the team's pedigree, will it just be a box with a Steam code and a DLC code and nothing else? Might be artbooks and soundtracks etc, like Dark Souls and Endless Space.

I'd certainly advise people to wait on this one.

#3083 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

CStryker (20 minutes ago)
Could you dear giveaway-author please grant access to your steam-inventory as a sign of trust. I am highly suspicious of high-priced-giveaways from <1-day-old-accounts with hidden steam inventory

That coming from someone who's never given anything away, and doesn't say thank you very often. Shocking.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3084 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

That coming from someone who's never given anything away, and doesn't say thank you very often. Shocking.

That's the way people are on SG. They get into huge arguments/accusations when they "suspect" something is fake. Then they get really mad and upset when you've "wasted" the free virtual points you earn on the site.

There's a ton of cool people there who do giveaways for whatever reason, but a few of them are bad apples.

Edit: Daily Deal is Rochard at $3.39 - sign of things to come in a bundle?

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3085 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

That's the way people are on SG. They get into huge arguments/accusations when they "suspect" something is fake. Then they get really mad and upset when you've "wasted" the free virtual points you earn on the site.

There's a ton of cool people there who do giveaways for whatever reason, but a few of them are bad apples.

Edit: Daily Deal is Rochard at $3.39 - sign of things to come in a bundle?

It happened with limbo. Daily deal then in the humble bundle a few days later

#3086 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

FWIW, I bought Rochard when it was $5 and enjoyed it a lot. I put almost 10 hours into it, I think... And I wasn't trying to get all the collectibles, etc. so it has a decent length. The gameplay mechanics are also interesting/fun - you play around with gravity, lasers, and so on.

Worth $5 IMO, and DEFINITELY worth $3.39.

#3087 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

I bought Rochard off PSN when it was $5. I still need to try that out sometime :lol:.

I also am proud of myself. I made a gaming list of the order I am going to be playing my games in the next two months.

Borderlands 2 then Dishonored or Darksiders (depending on how long B2 takes because I need to play Dishonored day 1), then after I finish both of them Rayman Origins.
Posted Image

#3088 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

I should make a list too. I think I got Rochard for free from IGN Prime. Still need to play it.

#3089 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

One of my favorite indie titles. Got Rochard in the IGN Prime deal and it was well worth the play through. Story was fantastic as was the physics based, puzzle solving gameplay.

76561198014930049.png

#3090 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

It doesn't seem like a coincidence that Rochard is a daily deal today. I bet they're trying to get a few more sales in before the Humble Bundle starts (if it's included in it, which seems somewhat likely). Could be an indication that the Humble Bundle starts monday.

It's a good game, but I would hold off on buying it due to that.