Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#3091 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

It doesn't seem like a coincidence that Rochard is a daily deal today. I bet they're trying to get a few more sales in before the Humble Bundle starts (if it's included in it, which seems somewhat likely). Could be an indication that the Humble Bundle starts monday.

It's a good game, but I would hold off on buying it due to that.

You make an interesting point. It doesn't help that this particular Humble Bundle hasn't been leaked early. Personally, I am interested in Rochard, but I'm going to take your advice and see what Humble Bundle VI brings.

#3092 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

You make an interesting point. It doesn't help that this particular Humble Bundle hasn't been leaked early. Personally, I am interested in Rochard, but I'm going to take your advice and see what Humble Bundle VI brings.

I'm still not convinced it's the true HIB6. Previously they've been marked in sequential numbers in the steam database before launch, including the debut and androids. It'll be a nice surprise for me if it is the real HIB6, but I don't think it will be.

#3093 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

So I preordered Dishonored off GMG, not knowing much other than it was steampunk deus ex. After watching a 3 minute gameplay trailer, I was almost creaming my pants excited for the game. :lol:

GOTY. I preordered it too not realizing it wasn't going to release until the 12th according to their site. The US release date is the 9th. So I'll end up getting a PS3 copy as well as the PC copy later I guess.

#3094 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

I'm still not convinced it's the true HIB6. Previously they've been marked in sequential numbers in the steam database before launch, including the debut and androids. It'll be a nice surprise for me if it is the real HIB6, but I don't think it will be.

Actually at the time they added HB6 they also went back and revised the subscriptions titles to all past bundles. If this were another android/goofy bundle they'd be up to 9 or 10 right now.

#3095 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

That doesn't discount his point. When HIB registries appear, they get temporary titles that are later adjusted. That there is now one named HIB6 is no guarantee that it will remain that way, and given Hunble's past scheduling, they're not due for their next numbered iteration just yet. It could be 6, but chances are good that it's another developer showcase first.

#3096 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

It doesn't seem like a coincidence that Rochard is a daily deal today. I bet they're trying to get a few more sales in before the Humble Bundle starts (if it's included in it, which seems somewhat likely). Could be an indication that the Humble Bundle starts monday.

It's a good game, but I would hold off on buying it due to that.

Noted, Thank You much.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#3097 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

With the current coupon on GMG, Darksiders is $6. Worth it?

#3098 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

With the current coupon on GMG, Darksiders is $6. Worth it?

It has been $5 in the past.

#3099 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

It has been $5 in the past.

I'll pass then, thanks mate.

#3100 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

If you go to the steam trade thread you might find one for cheap, they were handed out in masses for free not too long ago.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#3101 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

I might have missed this but did someone mention "The OddBox" on Steam? 30% off at $10.49 for four games that have been sitting in my wishlist.

Should I wait for a possible winter sale or should I pull the trigger?

#3102 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:24 AM

I might have missed this but did someone mention "The OddBox" on Steam? 30% off at $10.49 for four games that have been sitting in my wishlist.

Should I wait for a possible winter sale or should I pull the trigger?

Wait for a 75% off or more sale that should be coming sooner than the Winter Sale.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#3103 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

Rochard...

...worth $5 IMO, and DEFINITELY worth $3.39.

It's definitely an enjoyable physics puzzler/platformer and worth playing regardless wherever you pick it up.

76561197971332172.png

#3104 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Wait for a 75% off or more sale that should be coming sooner than the Winter Sale.

I <3 my CAGs. Thank you.

#3105 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

To The Moon mini-review:
Many words have already been written about TtM's heart-warming story, but I have to admit I had some skepticism going into the game. I felt some of the twists and turns were pretty obvious, and I definitely was annoyed by some of the characters at first, but I found myself more and more invested in the world and story as the game went on. Maybe the fact that I recently got married played a part in it, but I sat back at the end of the game with a strange feeling in my heart... and regardless of the feeling, it's been a LONG time since a game's story has impacted me like that.

TtM is relatively short (Steam says I beat it in less than 3.5 hours), yet I still think it's worth the $10 asking price. I'm sure most CAGs would rather wait til it goes on sale for $5 or less, but fans of good story or visual novels should take note. Although this game has the trappings of a 16bit JRPG, it's more of a simple adventure game or interactive visual novel anyway. Highly recommended!

(The last game I beat was Max Payne 3, and I have to say I appreciated the brisk change of pace from that bleak world...)
Posted Image

#3106 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

To The Moon mini-review:
Many words have already been written about TtM's heart-warming story, but I have to admit I had some skepticism going into the game. I felt some of the twists and turns were pretty obvious, and I definitely was annoyed by some of the characters at first, but I found myself more and more invested in the world and story as the game went on. Maybe the fact that I recently got married played a part in it, but I sat back at the end of the game with a strange feeling in my heart... and regardless of the feeling, it's been a LONG time since a game's story has impacted me like that.

TtM is relatively short (Steam says I beat it in less than 3.5 hours), yet I still think it's worth the $10 asking price. I'm sure most CAGs would rather wait til it goes on sale for $5 or less, but fans of good story or visual novels should take note. Although this game has the trappings of a 16bit JRPG, it's more of a simple adventure game or interactive visual novel anyway. Highly recommended!

(The last game I beat was Max Payne 3, and I have to say I appreciated the brisk change of pace from that bleak world...)

Thanks for the insight, and congratulations. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#3107 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

I <3 my CAGs. Thank you.

I think I got the OddBoxx for around $3-4 during the Winter Sale so I'd definitely recommend waiting for that.

Anyone have any input on Sniper Elite (original and V2)? I've been playing the demo a few times and enjoy the stealthy/sniper approach, but it got somewhat mediocre reviews. The first one seems to have been better reviewed. I'd like to get the DLC, too. I mean, who doesn't want to try to snipe Hitler?

#3108 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

To The Moon mini-review:

Sounds cool, but I'll wait until it inevitably shows up in a bundle. My money is on Indie Royale.

Hand__Of__God.png

#3109 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

I think I got the OddBoxx for around $3-4 during the Winter Sale so I'd definitely recommend waiting for that.

Anyone have any input on Sniper Elite (original and V2)? I've been playing the demo a few times and enjoy the stealthy/sniper approach, but it got somewhat mediocre reviews. The first one seems to have been better reviewed. I'd like to get the DLC, too. I mean, who doesn't want to try to snipe Hitler?

Sniper Elite V2 was a fun game but I never beat it. The formula gets a little tired after a while but the visuals are completely over the top and hilarious. I paid 15~ for it and didn't regret it.

Hand__Of__God.png

#3110 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

Sounds cool, but I'll wait until it inevitably shows up in a bundle. My money is on Indie Royale.

Haha I totally understand that, and normally that would be my M.O. as well. However, I would love to see more people able to experience this story without having to wait for a sale (which may take a while since it just came out on Steam, but who knows?).

On that note, I'd like to gift one copy of To The Moon to a regular CAG poster who meets the following "requirements." Obviously, this is entirely based on an honor system since I'm not going to call anyone out if they're lying, but I hope people are trustworthy :)

1) User plans to play the game in the next month. I don't want people taking free gifts that other people may want to play just to fill up their enormous backlog and "mean to play it" years from now.
2) User tries to post a mini-review or impression after they play or finish it.
3) User has posted in the Steam CAG thread(s) before.

If you meet these "requirements" and are still interested, feel free to PM me with your Steam name.

edit: claimed by dfg! Have fun and hope you like it!

Edited by imac2much, 17 September 2012 - 01:55 AM.

Posted Image

#3111 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

Sniper Elite V2 is so much better than part 1, despite the scaled-back story. Here's my review.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#3112 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:31 AM

Sniper Elite V2 is so much better than part 1, despite the scaled-back story. Here's my review.

Thanks, your review convinced me it's definitely worth picking up. Is Sniper Elite 1 still worth playing if you enjoy the stealth/sniping gameplay? If so, I might as well get the franchise pack.

#3113 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:39 AM

Did not realize this had complete co-op. I'll have to pick up a copy for a buddy and I next time it's on sale!

#3114 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

Thanks, your review convinced me it's definitely worth picking up. Is Sniper Elite 1 still worth playing if you enjoy the stealth/sniping gameplay? If so, I might as well get the franchise pack.

Part one's a lot clunkier as you might expect of an old game. But there's a disguise element and a lot more mid-mission story bits which give it a different feel. If you like older shooters, it's not bad for the price. Me, I get enough sniping thrills from V2.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#3115 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:39 AM

I loved Sniper Elite V2 though in randoms the co-op was a bit frustrating and the spotter needs to be handy with the machine gun and quick on his feet and with his wits. The nazi hordes don't let up and your sniper buddy is likely getting picked off by enemy snipers as you are tagging a dozen krauts.

That said, great game, in SP and co-op.

Also Rochard is fantastic. I always vote in favor of that no matter the price.

#3116 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:47 AM

Amazon has the Steam version of The Walking Dead for $15 until 9/22.

#3117 QuantumTunnelRat

QuantumTunnelRat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

Amazon has the Steam version of The Walking Dead for $15 until 9/22.

I've been paying full retail to play this on Xbox 360...but I have to say it is worth every penny. I'm absolutely in LOVE with this series. I plan on double-dipping and getting all the episodes when they are inevitably in a Steam sale this Halloween. If you like The Walking Dead tv show or the comics...this series is not to be missed. It has been one of my favorite games of this year so far. I can't wait to finish playing through all the episodes so that I can go back through and play all of them again from a completely different angle. This is the type of episodic game where the journey can be completely different from one play through to the next.

#3118 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

To The Moon mini-review:

Thanks for the review. It's looked interesting to me, but it's extremely hard for me to take RPG Maker (XP, in this case) games seriously when you have to pay for them. There are some absolutely amazing RPG Maker made games that you can download completely for free...

I'd probably bite on it for the inevitable $2.50 price point, though. In the mean time, can't convince myself to pay for an RPG Maker game while I work on my own, lol. >_<

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3119 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

Late vote for Rochard. The first game I have played and beaten from the last sale (I never do that). The voice acting for Rochard is spot on, the writing is amusing, the animation is really cool and the mechanics are easy to pick up and combine for some interesting puzzles. I say buy it for this price now.
Posted Image

#3120 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

Late vote for Rochard. The first game I have played and beaten from the last sale (I never do that). The voice acting for Rochard is spot on, the writing is amusing, the animation is really cool and the mechanics are easy to pick up and combine for some interesting puzzles. I say buy it for this price now.

Again, it's very likely to be in the new Humble Bundle. If you don't mind paying a few more dollars to support the dev, that's cool.. but I think it's best to wait if you're gonna buy the Humble Bundle anyway.