Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#3121 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

Anyone here willing to purchase the Sam and Max bundle + Rochard for me and then gift it to me? I can pay the $18.38 via PayPal. I'm on vacation so, apparently, Steam locks me out from making any purchases. While it's a great tool I'm really starting to get upset at all the extra measures ithas preventing me from making purchases. After buying a boatload of games during the sale they locked me out to verify my account with took customer service days to do. Anyways, send me a PM and I appreciate anyone's help.

Steam profile is http://steamcommunity.com/id/meelapo/

#3122 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Anyone here willing to purchase the Sam and Max bundle + Rochard for me and then gift it to me? I can pay the $18.38 via PayPal. I'm on vacation so, apparently, Steam locks me out from making any purchases. While it's a great tool I'm really starting to get upset at all the extra measures ithas preventing me from making purchases. After buying a boatload of games during the sale they locked me out to verify my account with took customer service days to do. Anyways, send me a PM and I appreciate anyone's help.

Steam profile is http://steamcommunity.com/id/meelapo/

If you're out of the country you need to make your purchases through the website, not the client and you need to append the country code of your credit card on the main page. i.e.:
http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us

After that just add the games to your cart and you should be good to go (My account got locked acouple of months ago while traveling, haven't had the problem anymore while following that process)
Posted Image

#3123 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

Well less than 24 hours till Bordercrack 2 gets released. I am so ready.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3124 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

And I preordered and then got suckered into spending the week at my gf's house. I won't get any sweet pandora action until Saturday.

#3125 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

And then a clusterfuck as nearly everyone and their momma ['s girl parts] hits the servers at the same time. Or is that what the pre-load is designed to circumvent? I haven't really pre-ordered anything on Steam since L4D2.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3126 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

If you're out of the country you need to make your purchases through the website, not the client and you need to append the country code of your credit card on the main page. i.e.:
http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us

After that just add the games to your cart and you should be good to go (My account got locked acouple of months ago while traveling, haven't had the problem anymore while following that process)

Thanks. I tried that and I got an unexpected error when purchasing the games. I tried to use Paypal and when it tried to go to the successfully paid page it said it couldn't load the page and it doesn't seem like it went through. It looked like it was trying to load steam:// and the iPad doesn't seem to like that.

#3127 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Thanks. I tried that and I got an unexpected error when purchasing the games. I tried to use Paypal and when it tried to go to the successfully paid page it said it couldn't load the page and it doesn't seem like it went through. It looked like it was trying to load steam:// and the iPad doesn't seem to like that.

You can send an email to Steam Support asking them to unlock the restricion while you're away, but it should take a day or two.

#3128 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

You can send an email to Steam Support asking them to unlock the restricion while you're away, but it should take a day or two.

Steam wallet ftw! Any time I have a little cash left at the end of the month I pick a card up from Gamestop to top up.

#3129 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

And then a clusterfuck as nearly everyone and their momma ['s girl parts] hits the servers at the same time. Or is that what the pre-load is designed to circumvent? I haven't really pre-ordered anything on Steam since L4D2.

Preloads are designed to circumvent 1,000,000 people downloading gigs of data at once and for people who have connections that are from the stoneage :lol:.

You just unlock the game and maybe download a few megs of additional data.

Either way I will be sleeping when the game unlocks. As tempted as I would be, work is more important in this case.
Posted Image

#3130 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

Daily deal: The Next BIG Thing 75% off.

Pass for me.

#3131 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

Pass for me.

There might be a permanent price drop soon seeing that this is already more than 1 year old. $7.49 is still high for me... hehe! ill wait until winter sale.

#3132 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

Pass for me.

Nice adventure game, but I'd wait for a sale on the Pendulo Adventure pack.

#3133 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

For those intending to use mics when playing Borderlands 2 co-op, you will want to disable the microphone in Steam as it is terrible IMO (both quality and settings not working). Setting the mic to Push-to-talk does not work as voice is still continuously transmitted. The workaround that I used was:

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2110140

Note: The above instructions are meant for Realtek sound chips so just use an unused mic input if stereo mix is not an option.

Once this is done, you can use your favorite VoIP app (skype, mumble, vent, teamspeak etc.). I had to go through this pain over the weekend for LoTR: War in the North but expect this fix should work for BL2 as well.

Edit: FYI Launch time is tonight at 10 PM MDT for those clock watching.

Edited by Daykain, 17 September 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#3134 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

I see no thread activity since my lunch hour and I assume my browser isn't refreshing. Everyone must be busy preloading this week's big releases. :D

#3135 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

And I preordered and then got suckered into spending the week at my gf's house. I won't get any sweet pandora action until Saturday.

Yeah, but you'll get some "sweet" other action. ;)

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3136 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

Nice adventure game, but I'd wait for a sale on the Pendulo Adventure pack.

Plus, the whole Pendulo Pack was about $15 during the summer sale.

#3137 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

I see no thread activity since my lunch hour and I assume my browser isn't refreshing. Everyone must be busy preloading this week's big releases. :D

Either that, or we've all taken up second jobs to be able to afford the sweet leety goodness of the Borderlands 2 Loot Chest Edition. ;) I've been playing more and more console games recently. My DSL is provided by Fairpoint (read: Shit Service LLC) thus it's taken over a day to download The Walking Dead. State average for Fairpoint is 2.2Mbps, and my connection is 1.5Mbps, which is good enough for 1 bar on Hulu.

If I had a better internet connection, I'd be playing more PC games. People in surrounding areas can get Time-Warner Cable, but it's just my city that can't get it. To protect a local business that only offers dial-up and low-speed DSL. Kinda boned until I get a job elsewhere and move there.

#3138 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

Plus, the whole Pendulo Pack was about $15 during the summer sale.

Good to know. I'd like some of those Pendulo games, but a nice, meaty discount next time is preferred.

Of course, I need to *play* some of my adventure games before I buy more...

#3139 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

Yeah, wow, 4 1/2 hours without a post. In contrast, the activity in here during the sale events is ridiculous.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3140 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

I bought the Pendulo Pack during the sale, and I have to agree. After snagging all their games for $15, paying half that for one game leaves it not feeling like much of a deal.

And like utopian, I've too many backlogged adventure games, so I can't speak to how good a game it is yet.

#3141 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:11 AM

Free weekend for Saints Row The Third coming up (according to the news pop up in Steam). Fair bet that we will see sale prices on all of the THQ catalog (again).

#3142 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:15 AM

hey guys, i've been trying to play borderlands online but it's been giving me the damnedest time. i have to use gamespy, but when i try to log in it doesn't work. i tried resetting my password, but they say they can't send the email; i tried to sign up for an account, but they say that my email already has an account associated with it. i've read about a lot of people having a similar problem, but there hasn't been a consensus solution.

Auen1.png?7125

#3143 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

hey guys, i've been trying to play borderlands online but it's been giving me the damnedest time. i have to use gamespy, but when i try to log in it doesn't work. i tried resetting my password, but they say they can't send the email; i tried to sign up for an account, but they say that my email already has an account associated with it. i've read about a lot of people having a similar problem, but there hasn't been a consensus solution.

Couple of my buddies had that problem. They just created a new Gamespy account with another/new email account. Might be the least painful solution.

I haven't checked, but I hope BL2 isn't using that same system for MP. Wasn't game-breaking, but clunky.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3144 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:29 AM

You'll be happy to know Gearbox dropped Gamespy like a bad habit, and Borderlands 2 is a full Steamworks title.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3145 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:32 AM

Free weekend for Saints Row The Third coming up (according to the news pop up in Steam). Fair bet that we will see sale prices on all of the THQ catalog (again).

I had the same thing pop up as I was ending a session of SR3, thought maybe it was a steam message bug.

#3146 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

You'll be happy to know Gearbox dropped Gamespy like a bad habit, and Borderlands 2 is a full Steamworks title.

Cool. Hopefully that means I can use the Friends window to spy on people with "View Game Info".
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3147 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

I kinda figured that seeing they were making Borderlands 2 a better PC port but really glad to heat it. Hopefully it is painless to get a co-op game going.

Gonna leave my PC on tonight in case some last minute updates come out then unlock the game before I head to work (just unlock it, not going to do anything else).

Can't fucking wait.
Posted Image

#3148 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

And like utopian, I've too many backlogged adventure games, so I can't speak to how good a game it is yet.

They do have a way of accumulating.

I'm probably going to make myself start The Longest Journey soon. Although I should probably also make myself finish Syberia. The longer it goes without me playing it, the less likely I'll return and finish it...

#3149 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

https://www.greenman...ing/inmomentum/ Anyone familiar? It is $2.98 or $2.39 with the 20% off coupon. Future or past bundle filler?

#3150 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:17 AM

Heck yes, saw this too. I guess borderlands 2 won't be an all weekend thing for me.
Posted Image