Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#3211 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Just barely beat the average since I had half of the games.

#3212 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

got it for 4.96 woohoo, been wanting dustforce since it was released, already had vessel but felt it was still worth it for the other games. :lol:

i'd like a steam key for valley without wind.

Awesome! i was thinking of waiting a bit more earlier since it fluctuates by the minute or so. haha! me being impatient got the best of me this time. solid bundle for newcomers like myself. hope they add more BTA games in the next days or so.

#3213 INCyr

INCyr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

Got my Dustforce issue worked out. rep said I had somehow matched the average, even though it was consistently a few cents lower than my payment when I was looking. But he was nice enough to upgrade me regardless, so yay for that!

Now just have to schedule these games into my play schedule. I'm thinking around 2024 I'll be able to get to them.

#3214 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

Got my Dustforce issue worked out. rep said I had somehow matched the average, even though it was consistently a few cents lower than my payment when I was looking. But he was nice enough to upgrade me regardless, so yay for that!

Now just have to schedule these games into my play schedule. I'm thinking around 2024 I'll be able to get to them.

nice to here it got resolved. wow! good thing you got a hold of a rep so quickly considering they probably are busy the last hour or so because of the launch.

#3215 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

In the worst timed launch I can remember, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is out today as well. $9.99 with a 10% discount for the first two weeks.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3216 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Since I already have most of the games in HIB6, I was only going to go in at the dollar level and wait for Dustforce to be on sale later... but HIB gives the soundtrack with Dustforce (and only when you beat the average, despite what their mention of the OST's on the main page suggests). Getting the game together with its OST seems worth the extra $4.33. I've listened to the tracks on the composer's website and am glad to add it to my music collection.

#3217 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Since I already have most of the games in HIB6, I was only going to go in at the dollar level and wait for Dustforce to be on sale later... but HIB gives the soundtrack with Dustforce (and only when you beat the average, despite what their mention of the OST's on the main page suggests). Getting the game together with its OST seems worth the extra $4.33. I've listened to the tracks on the composer's website and am glad to add it to my music collection.

Yeah, was just playing it a little. The music is great!

#3218 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Although you guys joke, Magicka is actually a really good game. I think it's more than worth it at the current price and you should all give it a go.

I'd even be up for playing some co-op too.

New Humble Bundle is nice though, I already owned Rochard and Shatter but still a good deal. Here's hoping they add some nice bonuses later.

#3219 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

Although you guys joke, Magicka is actually a really good game. I think it's more than worth it at the current price and you should all give it a go.

New Humble Bundle is nice though, I already owned Rochard and Shatter but still a good deal. Here's hoping they add some nice bonuses later.

Magicka is a good game, but the amount of DLC they come out with is overkill. They should focus on improving their netcode rather than releasing so much new DLC.

#3220 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

In the worst timed launch I can remember, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is out today as well. $9.99 with a 10% discount for the first two weeks.

I wanted this but I knew I didn't want to pay $10 for it. Now I can Steam sale it :D
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3221 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Nobody said magicka wasn't good. I dont care for it personally It's just on sale evey other week. That's the joke of it all. If you don't own magicka at this point odds are you're new.

#3222 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

Now Available on Mac - Shatter, 25% off!

Nice timely announcement!! Steam is selling it at $7.49 (25% off $9.99)

Might aswell buy HIB6 and put down a dollar if you want it! Hehe!

Edited by CAGkrazy, 18 September 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#3223 TheGhostrider

TheGhostrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

Just got my bundle for $6.00. Only had Torchlight so it wasn't a big waste. Always wanted to play Vessel but never have seen it cheap.

Now waiting for a good sale on The Walking Dead on Steam (can't buy it from Amazon) and I'm all set for a little while longer :applause:

Don't click

Spoiler

Edited by TheGhostrider, 18 September 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#3224 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

Haha, I already own all the games except for SPAZ and Dustforce. Not sure I want to BTA for Dustforce yet. - the gameplay style looks similar to Super Meat Boy which I also have. Kinda looks fun though. Suppose I will put down some money for SPAZ, at least, since I've been mildly interested in it for a while despite it not being in the usual "genre" of games I like to play.

Like I said earlier, Rochard was a pretty fun platforming game. Shatter is a great breakout/arkanoid style game (apparently with decent music too, but I wouldn't know). I have Torchlight but I've only played maybe half a hour of it. People generally say it's great, though... I'm just not into these Diablo-style games too much. I recently acquired Vessel in the summer sale and haven't had a chance to play it.

I just can't stop buying these humble bundles. They're usually so chock-full of awesome.

#3225 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Somehwat annoying. Tony Hawk HD is £9 in my region but $9 in the US (£5.53) so just to note, UK CAG's may want to ask their US friends to buy for them.

#3226 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

Have everything but dustforce and vessel. Not sure this bundles worth it for me. Maybe if they add more to it later on that I don't have.

#3227 TheGhostrider

TheGhostrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

Why oh why Steam keeps putting Magicka on sale. The game is great, but I would think everyone have it by now :lol:

Also, everyone check my last post in here (same page). Or...

Click here

Spoiler

Final 10 minutes:
Posted Image

Edited by TheGhostrider, 18 September 2012 - 10:20 PM.
Added link outside of spoiler

#3228 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

http://www.indiegala.com/ Their site is no longer showing the last bundle and they were making references to the new bundle earlier in the week. A lot of times these bundles launch on the same day.

Edited by SeymourGams, 19 September 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#3229 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

Hm, that's longer than I thought. I'm only about 4 hours in. I had hoped I was at the halfway point, but I guess not.

I like the story, but I find the puzzles a bit difficult and the whole system more archaic than I like.

Still, I always feel like I'm supposed to play those games that are considered classics, so I'll probably go back to it.

The story and some of the areas are really beautiful, so I'd recommend playing through. However, some of the puzzles could be clearer, and it's sometimes easy to not know where you need to go. Don't be afraid to use a walkthrough to get you through the parts you get stuck on. I peeked every once in a while to get through them, but I definitely enjoyed the story.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#3230 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

Have everything but dustforce and vessel. Not sure this bundles worth it for me. Maybe if they add more to it later on that I don't have.

Same with me, I decided to get it anyway and just give all the money to charity. Hopefully the extra game(s) that hey add will end up being something good that I don't have. Still a very good bundle with quality games.

Think you're good at Fantasy Sports? Check out Fanduel where you can play daily to win money on Fantasy Sports!

https://www.fanduel....jimbodan&cnl=da

fs_pc.png

#3231 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

Oh man, there's nothing quite like a new iteration of the Humble Indie Bundle. I just grabbed one for myself and my old college pal.

I'm feeling pretty good right about now.

#3232 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

Oh man, there's nothing quite like a new iteration of the Humble Indie Bundle. I just grabbed one for myself and my old college pal.

I'm feeling pretty good right about now.

Yeah, it's the only bundle series that I actually follow. I can only imagine how amazing it is for people who don't always already own half or more of the games.

#3233 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

By the way, I think it was Sunghost that warned everyone not to grab Rochard when it was a Daily Deal. Mr. Host, your guess that it'd show up in the Humble Indie Bundle was correct.

You are the CAG of the day, in my book.

#3234 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:09 AM

By the way, I think it was Sunghost that warned everyone not to grab Rochard when it was a Daily Deal. Mr. Host, your guess that it'd show up in the Humble Indie Bundle was correct.

co-sign, i held off because of his post. thanks bro.

Hand__Of__God.png

#3235 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

co-sign, i held off because of his post. thanks bro.

Yes, he is the Brawniest of us Gents.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#3236 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:23 AM

The story and some of the areas are really beautiful, so I'd recommend playing through. However, some of the puzzles could be clearer, and it's sometimes easy to not know where you need to go. Don't be afraid to use a walkthrough to get you through the parts you get stuck on. I peeked every once in a while to get through them, but I definitely enjoyed the story.

Thanks for input. It's a story I would like to see the end of.

One of the reasons I didn't keep playing it is because every time I tried to alt-tab out of the game and do something else, a black box would take up nearly all the screen. I couldn't do anything with it, and I couldn't make it go away as long as I had the game running.

I'm usually doing a few different things when I play PC games, and I found it annoying not being able to use my computer for other things simultaneously.

Anyone have advice?

#3237 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

http://www.indiefacekick.com

It is now $1 for the next 36 hours

(Looks at games).....I still think I'll rather keep my dollar (or a McDouble)
My GMG referral Link: GMG Link

If you're new to GMG, use the link above and we both get free $2 credit when you spend at least $2 on your first purchase.

#3238 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

Yeah, I got the email from Facekick. It's still appalling how they PROMOTE their bundle with the fact that they won't give you any Steam or Desura keys with the games.

I'm glad I'm still not tempted to give them any of my money, even just a dollar.

#3239 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

They have basically a huge banner ad on Steam Gifts now too for that shoddy "bundle".

76561198014930049.png

#3240 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:59 AM

Shatter was also a daily deal a few days back, for what it's worth.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus