Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#3301 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Indie Gala 9

Spoiler

It's hidden in the indie gala site source code

In for one during happy hour, Broken Sword 2/3 should go nicely with my free copy of the first game from gog. Also I've wanted the Worms games for some time.

#3302 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

This is because I purchased the Worms Complete pack during the summer sale and still haven't played any of them. You're welcome, everyone.

Thank you, we couldn't have had this without you! :D

#3303 INCyr

INCyr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

Huh. Interested in CoC, but nothing else. Hopefully some cag will let me buy the CoC key off them for $1 or something.

#3304 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

3rd'd on the BL2 menus. Why they had to make them so narrow is puzzling. I hadn't even thought of it until it was brought up here because I'm finding playing it multiplayer is sensory overload, and I haven't been looking as closely at my inventory as I do playing solo.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3305 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

It's not Humble Bundle quality of course. But for Indie Gala, it looks surprisingly good. I wonder why they didn't include Alien Breed 1 though?

Because the dev knows that some people will probably buy the first if they own 2 and 3?

#3306 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

Right. But if they were looking to encourage people to buy the last game in the trilogy, why didn't they do AB1 & AB2 and hope people would buy AB3?

#3307 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

Right. But why didn't they do AB1 & AB2 and hope people would buy AB3?

Because they knew I need AB3, and that it would piss me off if they didn't offer AB3 in this bundle. You can thank me for that :)

#3308 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

Right. But if they were looking to encourage people to buy the last game in the trilogy, why didn't they do AB1 & AB2 and hope people would buy AB3?

Because not including alien breed 1 is a bigger Fuck you.

#3309 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

Wasn't Alien Breed 1 in one of the previous Groupees Build a Bundles?

#3310 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

Huh. Interested in CoC, but nothing else. Hopefully some cag will let me buy the CoC key off them for $1 or something.

x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3311 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Wasn't Alien Breed 1 in one of the previous Groupees Build a Bundles?

Yeah, it was. And Alien Breed 2 was one of the ticket items for the 2011 summer steam event (that's how I got it). All I need is Alien Breed 3.

It's The Wasted Land, there won't be a key for it. Plus, I think the bundle might only have the android only version according to the source code.

#3312 INCyr

INCyr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

It's The Wasted Land, there won't be a key for it. Plus, I think the bundle might only have the android only version according to the source code.

Damn, wouldn't mind getting it for my phone. But not sure I want to pick up the entire bundle. I guess we'll see how it goes. Still hoping I can work out a deal with a Cag for it somehow.

#3313 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

Groupees Build a Bundle just reached their 5000 sales goal so now everyone how purchased it before gets a key for Avencast: Rise of the Mage.

#3314 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Indie Gala 9 is now live.

#3315 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

that bundle is kinda meh. i'll wait until the bonus games unlock and see if it's worth it then.

Hand__Of__God.png

#3316 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

Tales of Monkey Island is today's deal at 75% off ($8.74)

#3317 pantsattack

pantsattack

this computer is a time machine, but it only goes forward

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

IG9 sounds like one of the best imo. Worms are so fun.

#3318 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

that bundle is kinda meh. i'll wait until the bonus games unlock and see if it's worth it then.

The bonus games will be Worms Pinball and Alien Breed 3.

#3319 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

spoiler alert !

Hand__Of__God.png

#3320 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

So at this moment, we have 7 different bundles running.

Humble Bundle 6
Indie Royale: Back to School Bundle
Groupies: Build A Bundle 3
Groupies: Winter Wolves
Bundle In a Box: Deep Space Bundle
Indie Gala 9
&
Indie Face Kick.

#3321 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Humble Bundle 6
Indie Gala 9
&
Indie Face Kick.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#3322 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

The Cthulu game is only the android APK, no key for it. Coincidentally before I even bought the bundle my IG Profile page allowed me to DL the APK for it and the other android game so you might want to check your page if that is all you are interested in.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#3323 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Tales of Monkey Island is today's deal at 75% off ($8.74)

The person that wrote the description for chapter 3 must have had previous work in the ol' bodice ripper genre.

For example:

In the third Tales of Monkey Island chapter, Guybrush gets in deep (literally!)...
...sexy pirate hunter Morgan LeFlay prove to be a ruthless enemy, or an unlikely ally?
Tales of Monkey Island's moist and absorbing third episode...
...builds to its epic climax!

#3324 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

:cry:

#3325 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

Jet Set Ra-Di-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!!!

#3326 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

Well, if it didn't have Hard Truck Apocalypse in it, I would have passed on it too. That said, the Strategy First bundle looks like a lot of garbage for $12... I honestly was likely going to buy it just for Hard Truck Apocalypse and one or two other games. The 1C bundle, on the other hand, looks awesome.

I probably would have grabbed HTA for $3 by itself though, so I may not hold the popular opinion here, lol. If you're an old fan of Twisted Metal, Vigilante 8, and other car combat games, and an RPG nut too, HTA is a fun game if you overlook the massive flaws and learn to laugh at the horrible translation. Definitely worth $1.

(Be sure to copy and paste your own music into the game's music folders too. It makes it really easy for you to sub in your own badass soundtrack. Five Finger Death Punch and ESTK? Yes please.)

I'd imagine it's too late now, but you do realize that beating the average only gets you Dustforce, right? Otherwise you can get just the 4 other games for $1 (or a penny if you don't want Steam keys).

Is the Strat first bundle even listed yet? Tony said he is still working on putting it together. If it has 25-30 games as he said it would, I would find it hard to imagine that I couldn't pick at least 5 out of there that would be worth playing. Then I could sell any steam keys I dont need/want. All that said, maybe I was a little harsh, for a dollar the IFK is not all that bad even if only one game interests you. I may bite just for HTA, but it would be a waste if I end up buying the strat first pack and it also includes that. Decisions, decisions.

And yeah, I BTA mainly because I only spent a dollar on the last HIB and felt this bundle was well worth the five bucks I paid. I also regretted not beating the average last time. After watching some videos on dustforce I am very glad I BTA. Looks like great game.

Why do you dislike Desura? Not enough golf games?

I dislike Desura because it felt like it was slowing down my i5 3570K system. Also I find it eaiser to manage my DRM free games by keeping all the links to bundles/games in a word document, all my .exe files in a folder, and all my DRM-free games in another folder. Having to keep track of Desura would just be more of a pain. The only reason I could see myself installing it again is if I somehow lose my links, .exe files, or the game/s itself. To each his own.

Indie Gala 9

Spoiler

It's hidden in the indie gala site source code

In for one!!! Group buy though. I almost bought this game during the steam summer sale, but thought it looked like crap. Super stickman golf is much better.

#3327 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

Huzzah!

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#3328 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

Well that just made my decision easier as to which platform I purchase it. Thanks for the heads up!

76561198014930049.png

#3329 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

Well, if it didn't have Hard Truck Apocalypse in it

Spoiler

I'm with Idiotekque, I bought IFK for $1 just for HTA, there have not been nearly enough car combat games in the past decade, and for $1 I'll bite (no matter how much I loathe the IFK antics). Mind you, I was following Carmageddon Resurrection long before they tossed pre-orders up on KickStarter (which made it a nice price break, and a way to help its production).

IG9:Worms looks interesting.

Re:HIB6 I'm happy to BTA when it is a strong bundle, paying $1/interesting-game is quite satisfactory. The last HIB:Android bundle was weaksauce for me (owned some it) so my BTA decision was based purely on the value of the BTA bait (which later hit the google play sale for $0.99).

#3330 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Humble Bundle 6
Indie Gala 9
&
Indie Face Kick.

8 if you count the Indie Fort Bundle.

Loved this game on Dreamcast. The fact that they only had to excise one of the songs from the original (I assume it's the Rob Zombie one?) is excellent news!