Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#3361 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

the book moving (?!) and forklift mini games come to mind as probably feeling hilariously dumb now

theres a bunch of DC games i'd love to see on steam but realistically never will

skies of arcadia
soul calibur
berserk: guts rage
record of lodoss war
grandia 2
illbleed

Seconded. I still have that on the DC.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3362 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

Stacking and Psychonauts will be Raptr rewards starting on the 25th. Doesn't seem like the full requirements have been listed yet.

http://raptr.com/rew...eam-psychonauts
http://raptr.com/rew...-steam-stacking

Thats pretty awesome. I have Stacking on PSN from PS+ but I'd love a Steam copy I can keep.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#3363 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

Stacking and Psychonauts will be Raptr rewards starting on the 25th. Doesn't seem like the full requirements have been listed yet.

Wow, those are some great rewards. I guess DF got enough in Kickstarter funds, eh? ;) I have Stacking on XBL, but I wouldn't mind owning it on Steam. The quirkiness was enjoyable to me.

#3364 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

I'll be in for stacking if I can get it.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3365 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

Indie Gala 9

Spoiler

It's hidden in the indie gala site source code

Nice! Definitely picked that one up! :bouncy:

So at this moment, we have 7 different bundles running.

Humble Bundle 6
Indie Royale: Back to School Bundle
Groupies: Build A Bundle 3
Groupies: Winter Wolves
Bundle In a Box: Deep Space Bundle
Indie Gala 9
&
Indie Face Kick.

Crazy!

I'll be in for stacking if I can get it.

In regards to IG9

Are you doing another group buy for happy hour?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3366 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:14 AM

I have both Psychonauts and Stacking on Steam, so if I win this, I would like there to be a danceoff to determine the winner of these two awesome games. :lol:
Spoiler

edit& &^%# aww shit, forgot to quote cheaplikeafox. /endedit
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#3367 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

Nice! Definitely picked that one up! :bouncy:

Crazy!

In regards to IG9

Are you doing another group buy for happy hour?

I filled up, but Mink-e is hosting too, I've bought off of him before so he's a good guy.

@Sunasun I usually charge by the minute for dances.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3368 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

Ooooohhhh... Jet Set Radio trolled me on login. It showed a config page for "Controls" and then only let you select KEYBOARD.

Pleased to confirm that it does actually support the Xbox 360 (and maybe other) gamepads :D

It supported my Xbox 360 controller with 100% no setup whatsoever. Controls exactly like the ..well..xbox 360 version. Which controls almost pretty much like the Dreamcast version because the Xbox is just a mature Dreamcast right RIGHT!?!?

(I digress. It's a really good PC Port actually.)

#3369 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

Wow, those are some great rewards. I guess DF got enough in Kickstarter funds, eh? ;) I have Stacking on XBL, but I wouldn't mind owning it on Steam. The quirkiness was enjoyable to me.

The new episode of DFA is out, and it paints a tense picture. I hope they pull it off. It seems like it will be an increasingly hard bottleneck to have Bagel paint EVERYTHING. It didn't seem like that decision early on would have such consequences.

#3370 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:49 AM

The new episode of DFA is out, and it paints a tense picture. I hope they pull it off. It seems like it will be an increasingly hard bottleneck to have Bagel paint EVERYTHING. It didn't seem like that decision early on would have such consequences.

I'm sure it will be awesome regardless, but if it starts looking like they're getting too tight, I'll just throw some money at them with an additional pre-order or so. ;)

#3371 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

the book moving (?!) and forklift mini games come to mind as probably feeling hilariously dumb now

theres a bunch of DC games i'd love to see on steam but realistically never will

skies of arcadia
soul calibur
berserk: guts rage
record of lodoss war
grandia 2
illbleed

I would say there is a chance that Grandia 2 will be released on Steam since there was a PC version released around the time it was put on the PS2.

#3372 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

I am quite happy tony hawk pro skater HD has hit steam. Do you all think that it will hit 2.50 by the time this winter sale rolls along? I really want the game and would play it immediately even if I paid for it right now. The only problem is my current backlog. I dont feel any game is worth more than 5 dollars at the moment.

#3373 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

Torchlight 2 will be unlocked 12 hours from now, so this is your last chance to preorder and procure the original Torchlight.

MARS

#3374 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:39 AM

So at this moment, we have 7 different bundles running.

Humble Bundle 6
Indie Royale: Back to School Bundle
Groupies: Build A Bundle 3
Groupies: Winter Wolves
Bundle In a Box: Deep Space Bundle
Indie Gala 9
&
Indie Face Kick.

I really wish they wouldn't all come out around the same time.

#3375 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

I am quite happy tony hawk pro skater HD has hit steam. Do you all think that it will hit 2.50 by the time this winter sale rolls along? I really want the game and would play it immediately even if I paid for it right now. The only problem is my current backlog. I dont feel any game is worth more than 5 dollars at the moment.

I would guess no, that it wouldn't hit that low that fast, but obviously I have no real idea.

#3376 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

It should hit $5 in the Winter Sale no problem ($6 if they're really stingy about it, and $3.33 if they're really generous). I wouldn't expect a $2.50 price point until the next Summer Sale.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3377 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

The Tony Hawk port is a hatchet job anyways.

I would not expect it to hit 75 percent off for a long while simply because it's an Activision game, they don't seem to like that price point too much.

#3378 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

Like others have said, probably not. $2.50 or 75% is generally a good bet if its a game that has seen a Steam sale already.

#3379 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

Like others have said, probably not. $2.50 or 75% is generally a good bet if its a game that has seen a Steam sale already.

Makes sense, at 4.99 I may be a buyer. But I still doubt it. I have close to 100 games in my backlog now, so spending any more than 5 bucks would seem like a waste. The most I have spent on a computer game is 24.99 on "Spec Ops: The Line." Was a good game but now that I know that they quickly drop in price, I will hold off on buying the next one for a while.

#3380 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

Heads up that if you wait for a Happy Hour group buy, you can get the BTA bundle for $1.50-$2. Just pop over to this thread and look for a group.

I think I'm good man but how exactly does that work?

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#3381 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

I think I'm good man but how exactly does that work?

Basically it's buying in bulk. One person buys a mass amount of copies of the bundle, and it ends up being $1-$2 a copy. The host of the bulk buy distributes the gift URLs to your keys and downloads.

bZ2g3eF.png

#3382 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

So I almost got Faerie Solitare on my third device today ($1.25 on Steam, Free on iOS). I was gonna buy it until I saw it was almost $7 for my Nexus 7. I love Faerie Solitare but not that much. I also have free google marketplace money so it would of been free to me but still not going to buy it for $7.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3383 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

I saw that Company of Heroes 2 is now available for pre-order, with a twist:

http://store.steampo....com/app/55300/

Looks like they're doing a kickstarter-like pre-order bonus. Strange, but it could work out well for them I think, given the love for TF2 hats. There is also a free game up for potential pre-orders, as well as some sort of bonus in-game currency. :)

#3384 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

Looks like they're doing a kickstarter-like pre-order bonus. Strange, but it could work out well for them I think, given the love for TF2 hats. There is also a free game up for potential pre-orders, as well as some sort of bonus in-game currency. :)

Same preorder reward style tiers as Xcom.

76561198014930049.png

#3385 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

Same preorder reward style tiers as Xcom.

Yes, everybody please pre-order xcom so I can get civ 5 for free.

#3386 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

I like this idea of getting free games with preorders, but I already have the game they are giving away.

#3387 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

That is pretty interesting. I like seeing publishers playing around with preorders and trying new things outside of the exclusive DLC if you preorder at x place. I loved CoH so I was going to preorder this soon anyway.

#3388 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

I like this idea of getting free games with preorders, but I already have the game they are giving away.

I think you get a gift copy you can trade/sell/gift if you have the game in your library.

#3389 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

Soooo, Torchlight II. Gimme.

#3390 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

Daily Deal is X-Blades for $4.99