Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#3391 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Icedragon15 marry Hulk Hogan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Daily Deal is X-Blades for $4.99

Is it any good?

Nope and I'm buying it for the boobies

#3392 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Daily Deal is X-Blades for $4.99

Is it any good?

The game is pretty lackluster imo. It was also part of an amazon bundle for $15 with a bunch of other games not too long ago.

The game itself is a standard action beat-em-up game. I would say save your $5 for something else myself.

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps3:Lightning Returns
:3ds:Bravely Default
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#3393 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

I enjoyed Blades of Time ($10, steam summer sale). I want to pickup X-Blades for $5 or less. X-Blades seems to have a 3-activation limit (the same topware DRM goodness as TwoWorlds). Apart from the Steam Daily, GamersGate has X-Blades for $4.95 ($4.20 w/IGN) and boasts a key replacement policy similar to Amazon. Imo, the $15 Amazon bundle wasn't that compelling beyond X-Blades and TwoWorlds (which can be had at $5 each).

#3394 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Well today is the first time in my life a game I preordered is going straight into the backlog without me even touching it. I am looking at you Torchlight 2.

Glad to see it's finally coming out, but I might just wait for the Mac version so my GF can play (she has a Macbook, and no HD space to install windows), she did get in on a 4 pack with me though. That and I have a huge ass backlog already determined, :lol:.

Wish T2 came out in the summer like Mid July when I wasn't playing D3 anymore and not now when I have Borderlands 2.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3395 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

I enjoyed Blades of Time ($10, steam summer sale).

Glad you found some enjoyment out of that game. It was a doomed project that somehow found light.

Wish T2 came out in the summer like Mid July when I wasn't playing D3 anymore and not now when I have Borderlands 2.

My feelings exactly.

I needed a RPG at that time and some how I found myself stuck in SWTOR. Now I can't give up SWTOR and BL2 is my mix up.

#3396 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

X-Blades is absolutely wretched, even worse than Blades of Time, but if you liked one you'd probably like the other.
76561197996844513.png

#3397 pantsattack

pantsattack

this computer is a time machine, but it only goes forward

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Are the Blades games related apart from thematically related? They have different developers.

#3398 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Torchlight 2.

Glad to see it's finally coming out, but I might just wait for the Mac version so my GF can play (she has a Macbook, and no HD space to install windows)

This is probably my plan as well, since I never bit on the preorder promo. My brother's going to want it when the Mac version becomes available, so I'll probably wait for the first sale price on it and get a 4-pack then.

Not sure what I would have done with extra copies of TL1, but now that that's gone, I don't feel any incentive to buy immediately. At least, until people start talking in this thread about how great it is...

#3399 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

Glad you found some enjoyment out of that game. It was a doomed project that somehow found light.

My feelings exactly.

I needed a RPG at that time and some how I found myself stuck in SWTOR. Now I can't give up SWTOR and BL2 is my mix up.

or Guild Wars 2 in my case...

#3400 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Pretty sure Torchlight 2 runs with Wine on Macs.

#3401 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

All right, why is this thread on Page 2? Shame on all of you.

By the way, for those that consider Blades of Time [currently] too expensive, just purchase X-Blades, the spiritual predecessor, for $4.99 and get a nice demonstration of Topware Interactive's game design prowess.

#3402 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

All right, why is this thread on Page 2? Shame on all of you.

Torchlight 2 & Borderlands 2 might have something to do with it!

MARS

#3403 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

Basically it's buying in bulk. One person buys a mass amount of copies of the bundle, and it ends up being $1-$2 a copy. The host of the bulk buy distributes the gift URLs to your keys and downloads.

Oh so y'all are usin' the gift feature? Doesn't that still round up to $4 a person? I think I'm just slow atm lol. But I'll have to check it out next time

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#3404 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

Castle Crashers now has a store page. <6 days until release.

#3405 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

Well today is the first time in my life a game I preordered is going straight into the backlog without me even touching it. I am looking at you Torchlight 2.

Glad to see it's finally coming out, but I might just wait for the Mac version so my GF can play (she has a Macbook, and no HD space to install windows), she did get in on a 4 pack with me though. That and I have a huge ass backlog already determined, :lol:.

Don't feel bad. Online isnt working, so you arent missing much.

#3406 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:31 AM

It's great to finally see the game reach PC's. Understandably, it's a bit late, but it's still a fantastic addition to the PC's line-up.

By the way, is any of the DLC content from the console versions going to be included in the base game?

#3407 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

CC is the best when you have people to play with. Good to see it on Steam!

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#3408 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

Hopefully the steam achievements are better. I found the xbox lacking and very easy to get. I might get it if there are other goals for me to shoot for.

#3409 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

I think I must be in the minority in not being super impressed with Castle Crashers. It wasn't a bad game at all, but I just don't think it deserved the 8 megatons of praise it received.

#3410 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

I think I must be in the minority in not being super impressed with Castle Crashers. It wasn't a bad game at all, but I just don't think it deserved the 8 megatons of praise it received.

This.

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#3411 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

Agree, cool little flash game but nothing I am compelled to buy.

Hand__Of__God.png

#3412 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

It was fun when it came out, but they missed the boat on a Steam release. At $2.50 I'll probably pick it up, but no more.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3413 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

I filled up, but Mink-e is hosting too, I've bought off of him before so he's a good guy.

@Sunasun I usually charge by the minute for dances.

I have both Psychonauts and Stacking on Steam, so if I win this, I would like there to be a danceoff to determine the winner of these two awesome games. :lol:

Spoiler

edit& &^%# aww shit, forgot to quote cheaplikeafox. /endedit

I notice you said usually. :bouncy:
Changed my winning selection process.
Cheap gets the first one, then the 11th pm I gets the other.

The game is pretty lackluster imo. It was also part of an amazon bundle for $15 with a bunch of other games not too long ago.

The game itself is a standard action beat-em-up game. I would say save your $5 for something else myself.

with boobies :bouncy:Y:bouncy:

I saw that Company of Heroes 2 is now available for pre-order, with a twist:

http://store.steampo....com/app/55300/

Looks like they're doing a kickstarter-like pre-order bonus. Strange, but it could work out well for them I think, given the love for TF2 hats. There is also a free game up for potential pre-orders, as well as some sort of bonus in-game currency. :)

How the hell is $100 cheap?Posted Image
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#3414 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

Pretty sure Torchlight 2 runs with Wine on Macs.

I think wine is responsible for a lot of Macs.

Sorry, it was too easy

#3415 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

Started up steam... free auto-update Train Simulator 2012 -> 2013 :beer:

#3416 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

I notice you said usually. :bouncy:
Changed my winning selection process.
Cheap gets the first one, then the 11th pm I gets the other.

Just give me Stacking and get on with your life :D

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#3417 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

So, not Steam related, but Resident Evil 5 is $10 on GameStop and the Capcom Store right now. It's GFWL DRM, eh? It's the same on Steam though, isn't it?

Looks like it's been $9.99 on Steam before during the last Winter Sale... Not during the Summer Sale though. Think it'll go lower than 50% off this Winter?

Also, GameStop says it REQUIRES the GameStop client, but does that mean all the time or only for the download? Is the Capcom Store version any different? I can't find any info on the page.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#3418 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:00 AM

Has Steam ever had a game for a dollar?
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#3419 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

Has Steam ever had a game for a dollar?

During various Steam sales, yes. Lower than a dollar even.

#3420 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

nm. Ninja'd.