Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#3421 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

Has Steam ever had a game for a dollar?

http://store.steampo...1_7_suggest__13

MARS

#3422 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

Just give me Stacking and get on with your life :D

that works

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#3423 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

http://store.steampo...1_7_suggest__13

Thats... Whackness.
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#3424 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

Looks like Resident Evil 5 is $9.99 at GamersGate too...

C'mon Steam! Keep up! (Daily deal tomorrow, perhaps?)

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3425 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

Has Steam ever had a game for a dollar?

I got PB Winterbottom for like 50 cents once. I think it was ~50 cents anyway, it was definitely under a dollar. Haha

#3426 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

I just saw this and thought y'all might be interested. You can pre-purchase Hell Yeah: Wrath of the dead Rabbit for $14.99. You also get:

Pre-Purchase and receive the "Classic SEGA Platform Collection" which includes the ten following Classic Sega games.

• Comix Zone
  • Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Ristar
  • Decap Attack
  • Flicky
  • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Dynamite Headdy 1
  • Wonder Boy in Monster World

#3427 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

I just saw this and thought y'all might be interested. You can pre-purchase Hell Yeah: Wrath of the dead Rabbit for $14.99. You also get:

Pre-Purchase and receive the "Classic SEGA Platform Collection" which includes the ten following Classic Sega games.

• Comix Zone
  • Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Ristar
  • Decap Attack
  • Flicky
  • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Dynamite Headdy 1
  • Wonder Boy in Monster World

Yeah I saw that but if I purchased, it would be more for this that it would be the actual game.

Anyone know if any of these games have online (or local) multiplayer?

#3428 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

Yeah I saw that but if I purchased, it would be more for this that it would be the actual game.

They are genesis ports so no online multiplayer. However I do know Gunstar Heroes is co-op. I think that the only multiplayer game there.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3429 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

They're emulated Sega games, so they do not have online multiplayer, but might have local if you have two input devices. I haven't tried multiplayer on any of these games yet myself.

Bear in mind that if you're not interested in Rabbits, these games are all available individually or in the Sega Genesis Classics packs. These go on -75% sales frequently, so you cheapest option might be to wait for a Sega Publisher weekend and stock up on the packs, especially if there are more games in the packs that you're interested in.

#3430 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

They're emulated Sega games, so they do not have online multiplayer, but might have local if you have two input devices. I haven't tried multiplayer on any of these games yet myself.

Bear in mind that if you're not interested in Rabbits, these games are all available individually or in the Sega Genesis Classics packs. These go on -75% sales frequently, so you cheapest option might be to wait for a Sega Publisher weekend and stock up on the packs, especially if there are more games in the packs that you're interested in.

I'd probably ignore that pack too. I already own the Sega Mega Collection on Xbox 360 (40 Games). I'll see if they release a demo.

#3431 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Daily Deal:
Kung Fu Strike - the Warriors Rise $2.49
http://store.steampo...com/app/212030/

#3432 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

Daily Deal:
Kung Fu Strike - the Warriors Rise $2.49
http://store.steampo...com/app/212030/

I know there was some discussion about this title when it was released. What was the verdict?

76561197971332172.png

#3433 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

I know there was some discussion about this title when it was released. What was the verdict?

I am wondering this too - is this the one Rolling Skull HATED?

#3434 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

I am wondering this too - is this the one Rolling Skull HATED?

It looks fun but and I want to buy it but I keep getting burnt when I buy any indie game. I looking at you shatter

#3435 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

Kung Fu Strike will be included in an indie bundle in 3.. 2.. 1..

#3436 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Kung Fu Strike will be included in an indie bundle in 3.. 2.. 1..

Exactly my thought

#3437 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

Close! I loved Kung Fu Strike. It's unique but it sure felt like Ninja Gaiden Black at times. It's brutally difficult and I would call a few later parts bullcrap but it was entertaining and satisfying.

The mechanics are unique enough though that I can't really guarantee that my love of it is universal and the game ramps so hugely from cake walk up to ball busting that I don't know if the demo is a good indicator if you will like it.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#3438 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Anna is now available and 10% off ($8.99) until October 5th.

Anna is a first-person horror adventure that explores the darkest depths of the human psyche. Set in an abandoned sawmill nestled high in the mountains, Anna challenges you to uncover horrific clues and use them to solve puzzles related to your character’s dark past. As you play, Anna will unlock locations and unveil new secrets.
Genre: Adventure, Indie

#3439 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

It looks fun but and I want to buy it but I keep getting burnt when I buy any indie game. I looking at you shatter

Blasphemy, Shatter is awesome. I've put countless hours into that game. It was well worth the $2.49, lol.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#3440 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

Close! I loved Kung Fu Strike. It's unique but it sure felt like Ninja Gaiden Black at times. It's brutally difficult and I would call a few later parts bullcrap but it was entertaining and satisfying.

The mechanics are unique enough though that I can't really guarantee that my love of it is universal and the game ramps so hugely from cake walk up to ball busting that I don't know if the demo is a good indicator if you will like it.

Looks good, and besides it's $2.50. If I remember to grab it when I get home, I will.
Posted Image

#3441 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Anna is a first-person horror adventure that explores the darkest depths of the human psyche. Set in an abandoned sawmill nestled high in the mountains, Anna challenges you to uncover horrific clues and use them to solve puzzles related to your character’s dark past. As you play, Anna will unlock locations and unveil new secrets.

Thanks for the info. Will wait on a sale, since it is Kalypso so either Amazon or Steam should have it at 75% off by this Christmas. Looks neat though.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3442 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

Apparently Railworks 3 has been "converted" to Train Simulator 2013. Don't know if it's the same game with another name or an actual upgrade
Posted Image

#3443 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

Did it get the dev support it needed? I stayed away from it because of issues I can't remember right now.

#3444 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Apparently Railworks 3 has been "converted" to Train Simulator 2013. Don't know if it's the same game with another name or an actual upgrade

All of my stats carried over from 2012 to 2013, and a patch was downloaded. Looks like a small upgrade on the same game, adding much better menus and Steam Workshop support. 2013 gives you some new routes and locomotives as well, but only if you buy 2013 and not for upgrades.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3445 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

I think it's the same game but they also upgraded features. Basically my Railworks used to be 2012 but now it's 2013.
Posted Image

#3446 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

It's an actual upgrade.

Every year, the Railworks team gives out the base game for free to owners of the previous version. Railworks 3 was actually called Train Simulator 2012, so you could say that this is Railworks 4.

New features in the 2013 version include Xbox 360 Controller Support, Multiplayer, Leaderboards, and Steam Workshop Integration, to name the biggest features.

Note that buying the game on Steam for $29.99 is actually a bundle which includes Train Simulator 2013, Isle of Wight Add-On, London to Brighton Add-On, Northeast Corridor Add-On, and Sherman Hill Add-On. Owners of last year's version only get the 2013 upgrade for free, not the DLC. However, buying the bundle is way cheaper than buying the DLC separately.
Posted Image

#3447 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

Surprised no one has posted this yet:

http://www.greenmang....com/xcom-deal/

Basically, you get a free game right now on GMG (Age of Fear: The Undead King), and you can immediately trade it in towards XCOM Enemy Unknown to get it for $36.99 (I think that's the price).

XCOM of course activates on Steam. Not sure if it's been any cheaper yet.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3448 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

Thanks louie, that looks awesome.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#3449 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

Gamefly is having a download sale on WB games this weekend. Besides FEAR3 and LOTR, does anyone know if any of these activate on Steam?

http://www.gamefly.c...nd#.UFzjkJAtq7g

I know the Lego games from Amazon downloads seem to activate on Steam - not sure if these are the same.

Edited by jshackles, 21 September 2012 - 10:14 PM.

#3450 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

Hubby and I are jumping into Torchlight II this evening. We've got pizza and soda. The only thing missing is cheese puffs.