Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#3841 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:40 AM

I spent 2 hours in it this afternoon and was fine. My qualifications for back pain, you wonder? Constant, I have a lower lumbar injury. Think of one of your vertebrae breaking and slipping forward .

Sometimes I can spend upward of 12 hours in the chair. Of course there are breaks, but it depends on how much work I have to get done or if I'm in some long gaming session with friends over the weekend.

#3842 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

So guys I thought I'd tell you about a deal on Sleeping Dogs, Amazon PM'd gamestop's downloads so Sleeping Dogs is on sale for $29.99 for the next two weeks at Amazon, and obviously it is a steamworks game so the key works on steam, so if you have credit at either place this seems like a good deal. Here is a link :

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B007VFH3BQ/ .

anyways, also thoughts as to if this is worth it? Now that it has been out for a month, does it have any real replay value and any news about that DLC coming in October.

#3843 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

So guys I thought I'd tell you about a deal on Sleeping Dogs, Amazon PM'd gamestop's downloads so Sleeping Dogs is on sale for $29.99 for the next two weeks at Amazon, and obviously it is a steamworks game so the key works on steam, so if you have credit at either place this seems like a good deal. Here is a link :

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B007VFH3BQ/ .

anyways, also thoughts as to if this is worth it? Now that it has been out for a month, does it have any real replay value and any news about that DLC coming in October.

I put 29 hours in, and I almost did everything except the achievements like buy every car, buy every clothing item, etc. So it's worth $30 for the amount of content you get.

You know the more play Borderlands 2, but more I just feel like blah. I mean it isn't a bad game, it's just Borderlands 2 feels like a $60 expansion pack because it really doesn't do much the first game didn't do.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3844 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

replay value? not so much, but i really enjoyed my 1 playthrough which took about 12 hrs. really fun game with excellent writing and voice acting. i'd say it's worth your money.

Hand__Of__God.png

#3845 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

You can try opting into the beta update and seeing if that does the trick, if you're not already there. Big Picture is a completely new Steam experience for me, and I like it. You can also change the client permissions to run as administrator every time you start the program; we all trust Valve well enough for that, I think. ;)

I had that too and it mysteriously stopped. You could always opt not to restart until there's another update announced.

I get the same problem at times, and it seems related to opting in to betas. Like the client doesn't recognize that past updates were already applied whilst in beta.

re: the office chair talk, I like to imagine console gamers scratching their heads in befuddlement—as if.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3846 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

So... my computer chair snapped in half yesterday when I was stretching. Who wants to buy me a new one?

here you go the ultimate chair
Posted Image
I have this one
Posted Image
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#3847 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:15 AM

I have this one
Posted Image

I can't imagine how ridiculous that must look in your house... :lol:

You need SotMC and BGCQ decals on it to offset the blues. ;) Trust me.

#3848 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

Better to wait until the clusterfuck of the next 2 months?

Gotta release sometime...

I guess Summer might have worked better for them, though.

I was thinking not wait three+ years to actually release the port in the first place.

#3849 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

I can't imagine how ridiculous that must look in your house... :lol:

You need SotMC and BGCQ decals on it to offset the blues. ;) Trust me.

If I do that I might not have to worry about it being too blue when my wife makes me sleep in the car. lol
:D Wow you really made my night, actually guffawed when I read your response. Thanks Blade :bouncy::rofl:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#3850 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

Who all is pickin' up BO2? Craving some BO1 right now, was hella fun on 360 when I played

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#3851 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:04 AM

Alright, I've written off They Bleed Pixels. There's only so much wall jumping over spikes and around saws and slippery platforms into spikes one guy can take. The controls are better than Meat Boy, especially with Meat Boy's terrible wall jumps but still... They aren't as good as they could be, especially with a pixel perfect precision game filled with spikes and with fewer actual platforms to stand on than healthy foods in my diet.

It's competent but I have absolutely no desire to finish this. Not when Ys Origins, Bunny Must Die, Sleeping Dogs, and New Vegas are all still waiting gameplay. Take that for what it is worth.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#3852 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

Who all is pickin' up BO2? Craving some BO1 right now, was hella fun on 360 when I played

normally i wudve never considered getting any of the new cod games. but it seems the new zombie mode for bo2 is quite content heavy with 3 seperate modes and an entire campaign for it. the game also has custom mutators for zombie killing. it sounds like l4d2 inside of bo2. i might get it just for that. i love me some zombie killing. but thats a big "might." right now theres only a 30% chance that ill get it.
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#3853 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:16 AM

I hadn't even heard of Blops 2 getting a zombie campaign. They practically had an overarching story that was almost compelling because of how scant it was in Blops 1. Still, I can wait for a $20 sale. Blops 1's matchmaking ruined zombies. MW3 managed a bit better though in the co-op half of the board matchmaking-wise
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#3854 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

Just in case anyone hasn't been checking the raptr rewards page, the Stacking/Psychonauts rewards go live at 10:30 AM PST.

#3855 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:20 AM

Just in case anyone hasn't been checking the raptr rewards page, the Stacking/Psychonauts rewards go live at 10:30 AM PST.

Good looks!

MARS

#3856 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

GreenManGaming is doing a Sega weekend with most titles 50% off plus a daily 75% off deal. Today's deal is Binary Domain for $9.98 - 20% from voucher GMG20-27J4Z-8NXHO bringing it to $7.99.

Binary Domain is 75% off until 1100 UTC September 28th
Sonic Generations will be 75% off from 1100 UTC September 28th for 24 hours ($6 after voucher)
Total War: Shogun 2 will be 75% off from 1100 UTC September 29th for 24 hours ($6 after voucher)
Aliens vs Predator will be 75% off from 1100 UTC September 30th for 24 hours ($4 after voucher)

All four of these are Steamworks. A few other titles of note are both parts of Sonic 4 and Sonic CD, all half off and Steamworks. Jet Set Radio was also added recently at $8 after voucher.

Edit: GamersGate also has Homefront Ultimate Edition for $6.24, $5.30 after IGN discount. The Ultimate Edition includes all the DLC, but the DLC is multiplayer only, which I assume is dead by now. The base game has been $5 before, so this isn't the best deal the game has seen.

Edited by Genocidal, 27 September 2012 - 12:22 PM.

x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3857 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

GreenManGaming is doing a Sega weekend with most titles 50% off plus a daily 75% off deal. Today's deal is Binary Domain for $9.98 - 20% from voucher GMG20-27J4Z-8NXHO bringing it to $7.99.

Sonic Generations will be 75% off from 1100 UTC September 28th for 24 hours ($6 after voucher)
Total War: Shogun 2 will be 75% off from 1100 UTC September 29th for 24 hours ($6 after voucher)
Aliens vs Predator will be 75% off from 1100 UTC September 30th for 24 hours ($4 after voucher)

All four of these are Steamworks. A few other titles of note are both parts of Sonic 4 and Sonic CD, all half off and Steamworks.

Wow, thanks man. Glad I waited on BD. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#3858 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

Also some good deals on others with 20% off code GMG20-27J4Z-8NXHO (these are UK prices):

Sonic CD £1.60 http://www.greenmang...nture/sonic-cd/
Dreamcast Collection £6 http://www.greenmang...ast-collection/
Sonic 4 Ep2 £4 http://www.greenmang...g-4-episode-ii/

Also, they changed the price for Castle Crashers, it's now £9.99 / $14.99.
http://store.steampo....com/app/204360

Edited by Carlmundo, 27 September 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#3859 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Dang! I wish they gave a bit more advance notice. At work with no time to download and play any of the three games that make you eligible (certainly not to "hardcore"), especially as I only own LIMBO out of the three on PC. I would have liked a free Psychonauts code. . .

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#3860 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

Dang! I wish they gave a bit more advance notice. At work with no time to download and play any of the three games that make you eligible (certainly not to "hardcore"), especially as I only own LIMBO out of the three on PC. I would have liked a free Psychonauts code. . .

I just left LIMBO on while I was at work yesterday to get it to hardcore

#3861 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

I just left LIMBO on while I was at work yesterday to get it to hardcore

I just ran the desktop app and blew through the game to snag the achievements. Didn't take me much more than an hour and a half tops. Ranked Elite now getting 12/13 achievements.

Edited by Outinthedark, 27 September 2012 - 04:22 PM.

76561198014930049.png

#3862 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

If you pre-ordered Carmageddon: Reincarnation on Kickstarter, check your email. The Stainless guys just sent out free GoG codes for the just-released-on-GoG Carmageddon Max Pack. (I was following Carmageddon: Reincarnation well before their kickstarter.)

So many pedestrians, so little time.

#3863 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Thanks for the alert on that. I *finally* picked up Binary Domain. A month back I had decided to pick it up at it's next $10 sale, but due to my schedule I missed Amazon's $10 24 hour sale a few weeks back. I'd jump right into BD if Torchlight 2 didn't already have a hold on me. That GMG code is multiple use according to their blog.

#3864 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

All four of these are Steamworks. A few other titles of note are both parts of Sonic 4 and Sonic CD, all half off and Steamworks. Jet Set Radio was also added recently at $8 after voucher.

Nice! Think I'll be getting Sonic Generations, then.

#3865 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

sonic gen for $6 is an excellent deal. considering sonic 4 ep 2 myself.

Hand__Of__God.png

#3866 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Daily deal: Worms Crazy Golf ($2.49)

Weekend Deal: Modern Warfare 3 free play and 50% off

#3867 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Second weekend deal:

Total War Weekend - Total War games 25% off

Daily Deals:

Today:
Rome Total War Gold - $1 (BUY)

Total War Master Collection: $32

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3868 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

Daily deal: Worms Crazy Golf ($2.49)

Weekend Deal: Modern Warfare 3 free play and 50% off

You can pick up Worms Crazy Golf cheaper by doing a group buy for the current Indie Gala.

Also of note, Rome:Total War Gold is only a dollar today from the top banner ad on steam.

#3869 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

It doesn't look like that TW:Master Collection includes any of the DLC for Shogun2 or FotS.

I hope TW Battles: Shogun gets a daily :D

#3870 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Second weekend deal:

Total War Weekend - Total War games 25% off

Daily Deals:

Today:
Rome Total War Gold - $1 (BUY)

Total War Master Collection: $32