Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#3871 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Rome - Total War for a dollar is an absolute STEAL buy right now if you don't have it!!!!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3872 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

raptr rewards are go. I just claimed mine.

http://raptr.com/dashboard/rewards

#3873 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

Somehow having Elite rank on Costume Quest doesn't count for me to claim the rewards.

And they're gone already.

#3874 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

Somehow having Elite rank on Costume Quest doesn't count for me to claim the rewards.

Did you click the check your reward button? They glitch like that often, but it should give you the key if you click on the button on the Rewards page. I think they only had 200 of each lol

#3875 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

Did you click the "check my reward" button?

#3876 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

Damn those rewards went quick. I claimed mine at 31 and text my friend, he logged on at 33 and they were gone.

#3877 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

They only had 200. I claimed mine though thanks to Limbo.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3878 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Did you click the claim your reward button? They glitch like that often, but it should give you the key if you click on the button on the Rewards page. I think they only had 200 of each lol

It wouldn't let me since the requirements weren't checked off.

Oh well, I was just going to give the games away so a CAG who missed out could play them, I already have both.

#3879 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

They only had 200. I claimed mine though thanks to Limbo.

Same here.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#3880 Logg

Logg

Every Time I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

I just bought that Total War game, Total games I now I think is all of them?? Played like 2 hours total

#3881 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

Did you click the "check my reward" button?

First time using raptr for this, guess that's what I didn't do.

#3882 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

First time using raptr for this, guess that's what I didn't do.

Yeah, that's what I meant. You have to go to the Rewards page that lists all of the rewards and click the button there. Going directly to the Psychonauts/Stacking page and clicking on that button doesn't give you the reward. Raptr is usually buggy like that.

#3883 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

I just bought that Total War game, Total games I now I think is all of them?? Played like 2 hours total

I own all the Total War games on Steam (minus the Shogun II expansions and the iPhone port). I have not played a single one of them :lol:
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3884 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

New release discounts expiring October 4th

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy is 10% off ($8.99)

The world is at an end, and you have 30 seconds to save it! (30… 29… 28…) Start your quest, meet people that need help, fight through dark dungeons, earn money, upgrade your gear and level up, level up, level up until you triumph over evil and take down the final boss!
Genre: Action, RPG, Casual

Planets Under Attack is 33% off ($9.99)

Planets under Attack offers a surprising depth of gameplay, while its intuitive controls allow even casual gamers to pick it up and feel comfortable immediately. In addition to the addicting gameplay, Planets under Attack is an obvious labor of love.
Genre: Strategy, Indie

#3885 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

I own all the Total War games on Steam (minus the Shogun II expansions and the iPhone port). I have not played a single one of them :lol:

You should play them, if you like strategy they're awesome!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3886 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

managed to get both Psychonauts and Stacking :D
they ran out of codes really fast

#3887 krushnine

krushnine

snausages.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

I'm a strategy games nub and haven't really played any before, but the Total War games look interesting. I was thinking of trying just one out and starting with Shogun 2 when it gets cheap since it's the newest and has the prettiest graphics, and also because I like samurai and ninjas.

Rome is tempting for just $1, but it looks a bit dated. Is it still worth getting even if I get Shogun?

#3888 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Impossible! Shogun: Total War and Medieval: Total War are not on steam. Though Shogun is on GG and was on sale in August.

I'm a strategy games nub and haven't really played any before, but the Total War games look interesting. I was thinking of trying just one out and starting with Shogun 2 when it gets cheap since it's the newest and has the prettiest graphics, and also because I like samurai and ninjas.

Rome is tempting for just $1, but it looks a bit dated. Is it still worth getting even if I get Shogun?

Rome is well regarded among TW fans (often cited a favorite, the alternative favorite is Medieval II). Imo, at $1 snag Rome either way. Shogun 2 is quite demanding of your graphics card, still playable though on my GTX 260, (see various AnandTech reviews) unless you have something all new and shiny.

#3889 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

I know this is the wrong thread but it gets the most traffic. For anyone that missed BF3 for $10 last week, it will be on sale for $10 for the first 500 people tomorrow on Gamestop's flash sale. Activates on Origin only of course.

http://impulsedriven...ales/spotlight/

#3890 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Impossible! Shogun: Total War and Medieval: Total War are not on steam. Though Shogun is on GG and was on sale in August.

I meant the ones available on Steam. Which is Rome, Midevil II, etc...
Posted Image

#3891 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

I wouldn't call the game mechanics on Rome dated at all. I would give it a go for $1.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3892 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

Shogun 2 is a good game but the steam file is so absurdly huge I refuse to keep it on my HD. Over 20 gigs iirc.

Hand__Of__God.png

#3893 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

I'm a huge Shogun II fan and I also got this problem. Rome II is coming next year, so they just want to sell as many copies of first game as they only can.
With 90% off and $1 price you can't go wrong.
I'm still considering that deal, but probably I'll pass and save that dollar towards Rome II, which I'll buy for sure, sooner or later. I doubt I will touch any older TW game before Rome II (and even after) since Shogun with all DLCs has all what the rest of games from series can offer.

Shogun 2 is a good game but the steam file is so absurdly huge I refuse to keep it on my HD. Over 20 gigs iirc.

Exactly 29.2GB in my case.

#3894 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

Managed to get Stacking for myself and Psychonauts for a fellow CAG off raptr. It was ridiculous how fast those went.

Also, damn everyone in this thread for pointing out TW Rome at a dollar. I wasn't going to buy any more videogames after buying Saints Row during the last GMG sale, but I can't pass this one up.

#3895 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Rome for a buck? Hell, I'll probably never play it, but a buck? That's too easy!

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#3896 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

They had like two, yes two six gig patches over it's time. That's fucking insane.

I hear Rome TW is one of the best RTS games ever, so I guess I should recommend that for $1. Now really, I should install and play it but were in the wrong thread for that :lol:.'

Still waiting to hear back about my Torchlight 2 ticket, hopefully I hear back soon. I want the game I paid $15 for.
Posted Image

#3897 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Funny how someone asked a few days ago if they ever had $1 games on steam
lol

#3898 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Funny how someone asked a few days ago if they ever had $1 games on steam
lol

Gaben watches

#3899 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

That is what large HDDs are for! I hardly ever delete my games so I end up with a TB of installed games.

#3900 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

New release discounts expiring October 4th

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy is 10% off ($8.99)

The world is at an end, and you have 30 seconds to save it! (30… 29… 28…) Start your quest, meet people that need help, fight through dark dungeons, earn money, upgrade your gear and level up, level up, level up until you triumph over evil and take down the final boss!
Genre: Action, RPG, Casual

Planets Under Attack is 33% off ($9.99)

Planets under Attack offers a surprising depth of gameplay, while its intuitive controls allow even casual gamers to pick it up and feel comfortable immediately. In addition to the addicting gameplay, Planets under Attack is an obvious labor of love.
Genre: Strategy, Indie

Half Minute Hero is an excellent game, but I don't think it's worth $8. I had fun for about 4 hours from it (I beat all of the modes, but only Hero 30, Hero 300 and Hero 3 are really any fun). I'd say it's a good buy at $5 :)
Posted Image