Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#3901 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Half Minute Hero is an excellent game, but I don't think it's worth $8. I had fun for about 4 hours from it (I beat all of the modes, but only Hero 30, Hero 300 and Hero 3 are really any fun). I'd say it's a good buy at $5 :)

Half minute hero smells of indie royale

#3902 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

Really? I'm not saying it's impossible, but I didn't really think HMH was "indie"... it had a full retail release for PSP years ago and was then available as a digital download for PSN later, I think. It'd be great to snag it in an indie bundle though!
Posted Image

#3903 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Really? I'm not saying it's impossible, but I didn't really think HMH was "indie"... it had a full retail release for PSP years ago and was then available as a digital download for PSN later, I think. It'd be great to snag it in an indie bundle though!

I think it looks more indie than it is.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3904 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

Did you click the check your reward button? They glitch like that often, but it should give you the key if you click on the button on the Rewards page. I think they only had 200 of each lol

I have LIMBO on hardcore, went on raptr right on time for the code giveaways, clicked the redeem button: "Sorry, You haven't met all of the requirements yet" WTF

#3905 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

I have LIMBO on hardcore, went on raptr right on time for the code giveaways, clicked the redeem button: "Sorry, You haven't met all of the requirements yet" WTF

Yeah, that happens to everyone. You have to click the button located here:

http://raptr.com/dashboard/rewards

I should've posted that solution before the giveaway started, but I honestly forgot you had to do that lol. It doesn't work if you click the button the the Stacking/Psychonauts page. Has to be pressed on the dashboard/profile page.

#3906 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Rome for a buck? Hell, I'll probably never play it, but a buck? That's too easy!

You should, even if it is just a quick "skirmish" battle. I mean everyone deserves to see a large legion of angry screaming Germanic women rushing and overtaking a Roman legion :lol:
Posted Image

#3907 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

Impossible! Shogun: Total War and Medieval: Total War are not on steam.

M:TW is still my favorite. Thank heavens I still have the DVDs because I haven't seen it on sale digitally anywhere; not even on sites like GOG and it's never in the "complete" Total War bundles.

#3908 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Yeah, that happens to everyone. You have to click the button located here:

http://raptr.com/dashboard/rewards

I should've posted that solution before the giveaway started, but I honestly forgot you had to do that lol. It doesn't work if you click the button the the Stacking/Psychonauts page. Has to be pressed on the dashboard/profile page.

I went to the dashboard rewards page, that's where I got the message from. Seems a bunch of other people were having this error too - it's all over the raptr forums.

#3909 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

Funny how someone asked a few days ago if they ever had $1 games on steam
lol

That is quite ironic :lol:

Gaben watches

He does.

You should, even if it is just a quick "skirmish" battle. I mean everyone deserves to see a large legion of angry screaming Germanic women rushing and overtaking a Roman legion :lol:

Exactly! Ones life is not complete without it! :applause:

Edited by evildeadjedi, 27 September 2012 - 09:39 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3910 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

I went to the dashboard rewards page, that's where I got the message from. Seems a bunch of other people were having this error too - it's all over the raptr forums.

Most of the people that posted on the forums didn't use that method, I think there may be a couple of others solutions that have been posted over there too. What I did was click on the button on the Stacking page, and then clicked the button my my rewards dashboard page and it worked for me.

I don't know why it hasn't been fixed yet, these bugs have been very common for a while and they haven't been doing anything about it. All I can say is my solution worked for the PS1 code giveaway (which had the exact same bug, but they had 1,000+ codes to give away) along with Psychonauts/Stacking. Sorry it didn't work for you guys :cry:

#3911 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

It's not on Desura at all. Has Indie Royale ever featured a game that wasn't on Desura? I thought they all were but I can't recall every single game they've had in one of their bundles.

#3912 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

It's not on Desura at all. Has Indie Royale ever featured a game that wasn't on Desura? I thought they all were but I can't recall every single game they've had in one of their bundles.

As far as I know they sell all games from bundles, but there have been some that weren't for sale until they were in a bundle.

#3913 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

It seems like you might be able to get a free copy of Postal 2 on Steam/Desura if you Greenlight its release. Anyone who helps to promote it should get a free key, which is just awesome:

http://steamcommunit...ls/?id=93000640

#3914 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

I just whored myself out for a free copy of Postal 2 lol

#3915 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

Sooooo many giveaways for Total War Rome right now that it is almost sad. Then again, maybe I can win a copy for a change lol.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#3916 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

It seems like you might be able to get a free copy of Postal 2 on Steam/Desura if you Greenlight its release. Anyone who helps to promote it should get a free key, which is just awesome:

http://steamcommunit...ls/?id=93000640

"Simple really, if you post about our Greenlight somewhere other than Steam, such as on popular forums you already have an account with* (4-chan, Reddit, PCGAMER, Rock Paper Shotgun, Giant Bomb ect) and post the link here, I'll make sure you are one of the first to get a key for POSTAL 2! Also applies to your personal pages** ( facebook, a blog, youtube ect).

If you post it to multiple places, I'll make sure you also get a free P1 desura key.

As of now, we don't know 100% know if we can give out free Steam keys, if not I'll make sure you get a Desrua Key instead and a link to all the extras we give away on GoG.com. If we can give out Steam keys, the only group currently promised them (due to the difficulty of quickly proving ownership) are the regulars at the RWS Forums, so this is an alternative way to be included in that priority group."

They aren't 100% sure you'll get keys :P

#3917 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

Ugh, got my reply back from Steam. So I got in on a 4 pack preorder of Torchlight 2 months ago. I have the first game as the preorder bonus (because I redeemed my preorder months ago), no second game in my library. I explain this to Steam Support, three days later, they tell me to redeem my game from the inventory.

:wall: seriously, just Fuck.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3918 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

Ugh, got my reply back from Steam. So I got in on a 4 pack preorder of Torchlight 2. I have the first game as the preorder bonus (because I redeemed my preorder months ago), no second game in my library. I explain this to Steam Support, three days later, they tell me to redeem my game from the inventory.

I absolutely hate crappy CS; that sucks. That's why I love Amazon... The last time I had a problem and the support rep couldn't understand or solve it, she just gave me $10 credit.

Steam could learn a thing or two from them...

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3919 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

I just whored myself out for a free copy of Postal 2 lol

Ugh, got my reply back from Steam. So I got in on a 4 pack preorder of Torchlight 2 months ago. I have the first game as the preorder bonus (because I redeemed my preorder months ago), no second game in my library. I explain this to Steam Support, three days later, they tell me to redeem my game from the inventory.

Steam support sucks period. I feel bad for you. Maybe try to give them less info or be more to the point.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3920 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

I absolutely hate crappy CS; that sucks. That's why I love Amazon... The last time I had a problem and the support rep couldn't understand or solve it, she just gave me $10 credit.

Steam could learn a thing or two from them...

Luckily this was for Torchlight 2 and not a game that was $50-60. Hopefully they come to their senses, because if I would have wasted $15 on a copy of T1, (which I already owned as a DRM free game), I will be pissed because T1 was $2.50 many times.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3921 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:46 PM

Alienware Arena is giving out what appears to be keys for a level of Transcripted. It's an exclusive level, but it seems to be a demo. Not totally sure what to make of it. If you have the game, maybe it works just as a bonus level? Not sure.

Linky: http://www.alienware...e=na_newsletter

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3922 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

Alienware Arena is giving out what appears to be keys for a level of Transcripted. It's an exclusive level, but it seems to be a demo. Not totally sure what to make of it. If you have the game, maybe it works just as a bonus level? Not sure.

Linky: http://www.alienware...e=na_newsletter

Also, they're giving out Loadout Beta Keys (for Steam)

http://www.alienware...a-key-giveaway/

#3923 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Score! Thank you!

#3924 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

Is there any sort of benefit that comes with the Beta, like a cheaper price on the game later? I've never really seen the 'deal' in these betas.

#3925 krushnine

krushnine

snausages.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

I wouldn't call the game mechanics on Rome dated at all. I would give it a go for $1.

Thanks everyone for the helpful comments. I went ahead and bought it.

This way I can wait until a Shogun 2 complete pack is eventually available and goes on sale. Most likely it'll sit in the void that is my Steam backlog though...

#3926 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

Sooooo many giveaways for Total War Rome right now that it is almost sad. Then again, maybe I can win a copy for a change lol.

I was going to grab a copy for my gift inventory so I could try for some of the giveaways and accidentally bought it for my account.

Ah, well.

#3927 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

This 90% deal for Rome is getting me rock hard. I hope there's more where that came from in the ensuing days.

MARS

#3928 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

Is there any sort of benefit that comes with the Beta, like a cheaper price on the game later? I've never really seen the 'deal' in these betas.

For what it's worth, the Alienware key activates on Steam as "Loadout Retail". I thought this was going to be free-to-play, though.
Posted Image

#3929 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

Second weekend deal:

Total War Weekend - Total War games 25% off

Daily Deals:

Today:
Rome Total War Gold - $1 (BUY)

Total War Master Collection: $32

Bought. :bouncy: had a scratched up cd of this game sitting under one of the legs of my kitchen table.

Oh and missed the raptr deal apparently so I will not be giving out Psychonauts and Stacking.

Oh and, you all are awesome.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#3930 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

Ether Vapor Remaster is out on steam for $8 ( kind of a weird price point). It does look neat though and its on my wish list now.