Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#4051 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

I felt old just getting out of bed this morning, now I feel even older after reading this thread.

#4052 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

you ain't old till you fart dust and tell the younguns across the street to stay off your lawn. :bouncy:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#4053 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

edit: I wasn't trying to be unappreciative, Syntax... just took me a few minutes to respond (I have a baby and a bottle in one hand and I'm typing slowly with the other).

My apologies then -- and I have a two year old running underfoot so I feel your pain. Too used to the norm (codes yanked by lurkers, never to respond) I guess.

#4054 otangz

otangz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

My apologies then -- and I have a two year old running underfoot so I feel your pain. Too used to the norm (codes yanked by lurkers, never to respond) I guess.

No problem. Yeah, it definitely happens too much.

#4055 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

Daily Deal

Tiny and Big Grandpa's Leftovers $5.99 40% off

Total War Deal

Total War Battles Shogun $3.99 50% off
Medieval 2 Gold $2.49 75% off includes below
Medieval 2 Total War $2.49 75% off
Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms $1.24 75% off

#4056 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

Outside.. whats that like?

I hear it's a pretty boring game.

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#4057 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Daily Deal

Tiny and Big Grandpa's Leftovers $5.99 40% off

Total War Deal

Medieval 2 Gold $2.49 75% off includes below
Medieval 2 Total War $2.49 75% off
Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms $1.24 75% off

If you don't care about Steam you can get Tiny and Bigs and two other games for $2.99 here:

http://www.gamersgat...ndiefort-bundle

You also get a bonus Void Maximize slot :)

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4058 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

I regret not picking up Binary Domain at GMG yesterday with the coupon to get it for $8 :(

#4059 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

I regret not picking up Binary Domain at GMG yesterday with the coupon to get it for $8 :(

If any of the other games appeal to you, you can still get it for $7.50 (2 games for $15) from GetGamesGo's Get Loaded sale.

#4060 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

Unless its over 75%, I don't ever have regrets on not getting into a sale. After all, Steam Winter Sale is how many days away? :applause:

#4061 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

If any of the other games appeal to you, you can still get it for $7.50 (2 games for $15) from GetGamesGo's Get Loaded sale.

Is that still live though? Website doesn't show any time remaining and it won't let me select anything.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4062 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Unless its over 75%, I don't ever have regrets on not getting into a sale. After all, Steam Winter Sale is how many days away? :applause:

Binary Domain for $8 would be 80% off. I doubt it'll go lower during the Winter Sale unless it's base price is lowered; discounts >75% are very rare for newer games.

#4063 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Does that add a second maximized slot to your void or does it just maximize the slot you already have?

Any recommendation for TW Battles: Shogun?
I like the TW games, but only for the strategy parts. I usually auto-resolve the RTS battles. Is this little port RTS-lite enough I'd prolly enjoy it?

#4064 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

Only other game I have any interest in that I don't own there is Stronghold 3 but I heard some not so good stuff about it, enough to keep my away from it :(

Wonder if any other CAG's are interested in another game, maybe we can go halfies?

#4065 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Is that still live though? Website doesn't show any time remaining and it won't let me select anything.

It just worked for me. Took me as far as the pay screen but I wasn't actually planning on buying them so I didn't complete the transaction.

Says 21 hours left on my screen.

#4066 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Does that add a second maximized slot to your void or does it just maximize the slot you already have?

Any recommendation for TW Battles: Shogun?
I like the TW games, but only for the strategy parts. I usually auto-resolve the RTS battles. Is this little port RTS-lite enough I'd prolly enjoy it?

I'm not sure I understand your question? I am now able to have two games from void at one time on my account whereas before I only was able to have one. I do think they have to be from the same publisher but I think most VOID games come from the same publishers.

It just worked for me. Took me as far as the pay screen but I wasn't actually planning on buying them so I didn't complete the transaction.

Says 21 hours left on my screen.

Something must be wrong with my computer then, I'll try it in chrome, thanks for checking.

#4067 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

Arcen have turned that "Update A Valley Without Wind's hated art style" thing into a full fledged new game

http://christophermp...ull-sequel.html

Anyone that's bought the first game will get the new game for free. Most everything about it is being changed, though the big differences are the art and a new city management metagame. Tons of other changes detailed in the link.

#4068 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

They're actually turning that ratty, ugly, Terraria wannabe (As if anyone in their right minds WANTS to be Terraria.) almost into something that sounds like I'd want to play. If they release a demo, I might actually dig into it. It's the least they could do.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#4069 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

Arcen have turned that "Update A Valley Without Wind's hated art style" thing into a full fledged new game

Anyone that's bought the first game will get the new game for free. Most everything about it is being changed, though the big differences are the art and a new city management metagame. Tons of other changes detailed in the link.

That sounds pretty cool of them. Although it feels weird reading about it when you haven't even cracked open the first game.

Unrelatedly, I wanted to mention another neat thing I noticed about Borderlands 2. I'm less than halfway to the level cap (storywise, I have no clue) but there have already been 3 casual mentions of same-sex relationships that are neither plot-crucial, nor puerile or salacious or toilet-humor-y as would actually be par for the course for this franchise. Come to think of it, there was a little of that in one of the BL1 DLCs but it was more juvenile-ly homophobic/erotic. I know it might not play well with the "not gay" crowd, but cue the how-far-we've-come music please.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4070 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

I want to be Terraria.

Also Groupees, have a teaser video for the Be Mine 5 Bundle:

#4071 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

They're actually turning that ratty, ugly, Terraria wannabe (As if anyone in their right minds WANTS to be Terraria.) almost into something that sounds like I'd want to play. If they release a demo, I might actually dig into it. It's the least they could do.

RollingSkull, your posts are awesome.

Still, I've always wanted to do this:
Posted Image
PU-SHU-SHU!

#4072 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Hmmm...

The controls are also streamlined. That whole mouse+keyboard thing was really a bad idea, as some players pointed out to us. That sort of freedom of aiming really kills the classic Metroidvania style of a game like this, and makes it so that keyboard-only players and gamepad-only players are at a huge disadvantage. So we're moving down to two streamline control schemes that are equivalent with one another: keyboard-based and gamepad-based. And yes, the tab-targeting is gone since that basically acts like a cheat at this point without free-aiming of the mouse.

Posted Image

#4073 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

Daily Deal
Total War Deal

Total War Battles Shogun is a tablet game. I would not that it is normally $4.99 on Google Play

If you don't care about Steam you can get Tiny and Bigs and two other games for $2.99 here:

http://www.gamersgat...ndiefort-bundle

Thank you! The indie fort thing disappeared off the radar.

I hear it's a pretty boring game.

You start as a level one human without special powers/training/connections and only one life. It's quite a grind to "level up." "Achievements" are often very hard and somewhat dependent on luck. Gameplay is very unbalanced and quite boring at times. On the whole it feels like the everything is rigged against you, for no particular reason. The loot-reward system is insufficient for such grindy gameplay. "The only winning move is not to play."*

#4074 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

That sounds pretty cool of them. Although it feels weird reading about it when you haven't even cracked open the first game.

Unrelatedly, I wanted to mention another neat thing I noticed about Borderlands 2. I'm less than halfway to the level cap (storywise, I have no clue) but there have already been 3 casual mentions of same-sex relationships that are neither plot-crucial, nor puerile or salacious or toilet-humor-y as would actually be par for the course for this franchise. Come to think of it, there was a little of that in one of the BL1 DLCs but it was more juvenile-ly homophobic/erotic. I know it might not play well with the "not gay" crowd, but cue the how-far-we've-come music please.

Until we see user controlled full nudity lesbian sex scenes in mainstream games we have made no progress.

#4075 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

Hmmm...

Posted Image

The Bunk rules. :applause:

#4076 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

I am now able to have two games from void at one time on my account whereas before I only was able to have one.

That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

Unrelatedly, I wanted to mention another neat thing I noticed about Borderlands 2. I'm less than halfway to the level cap (storywise, I have no clue) but there have already been 3 casual mentions of same-sex relationships that are neither plot-crucial, nor puerile or salacious or toilet-humor-y as would actually be par for the course for this franchise.

I noticed this as well! It's very refreshing and I think it's another great example of the character of Gearbox Software.

:hot::hot: Borderlands 2 side-note: Their president occasionally gives out Shift codes for extra Golden Keys on his twitter (@DuvalMagic). The codes are available across all platforms and are useable by everyone, but only for limited durations.

#4077 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Until we see user controlled full nudity lesbian sex scenes in mainstream games we have made no progress.

Apparently you missed Virtual Pet Slavegirl. (This is a real simulator-game.)

#4078 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

I want to be Terraria.

Also Groupees, have a teaser video for the Be Mine 5 Bundle:

Spoiler

Any guesses on this one? From the youtube comments, it sounds like this might be the best one since 2. Most people are saying King's Bounty: The Legend, Stranger's Wrath HD, X-Blades, Neo Scavengers. Possibly even Tropico 3 and Ship Simulator. What are your thoughts, CAGs?
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#4079 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

Apparently you missed Virtual Pet Slavegirl. (This is a real simulator-game.)

The key word is mainstream. Underground lesbian empowerment games won't make the type of impact we need.

Any guesses on this one? From the youtube comments, it sounds like this might be the best one since 2. Most people are saying King's Bounty: The Legend, Stranger's Wrath HD, X-Blades, Neo Scavengers. Possibly even Tropico 3 and Ship Simulator. What are your thoughts, CAGs?

Tropico 3 and not Ship Simulator is the guess. Those ships in the second clip are from Tropico 3 I think.

#4080 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

I can't believe I missed that Rome deal. I hope there is an encore on Monday.