Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#4201 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

It kept telling me the code wouldn't work, so I decided to give up for a few min and play a bit. When I logged in it says I have 11 keys now. I had 6 before, lol. I hope I'm not banned.

I think the reason they're doing so many code drops this weekend is to test the system, so I'm sure they'll thank you for giving them more data to see where they went wrong.

#4202 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

I hate to be a cheapass, but I'll have to think about $7.49 - mainly because I already enjoy Empire so much.

...I'll almost certainly buy Rome II at full price when it comes out.

#4203 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

Tried to get rig n roll but someone claimed it =(

Beat me to it :)

Here some keys from one of the indie gala's. I know most of you will have these but feel free to use one if you don't. Just please don't take them all and post if you use one.

Rig 'N Roll
EYDCX-IR60A-92RDM
Space Rangers
F0F4P-5BNVR-6FFBH
Reign: Conflicts of Nations
EXNZG-NVL5V-DQNBE
Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943
EYN3A-Y33CA-BHY0B
Death To spies & Death To Spies: Moment of Truth ( 2 games )
AWI0H-MNMJE-7A6MM
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
AVQVD-YN7IH-5BZF4
UFO: Afterlight
AWTML-PLD3P-Z0N9W
Star Wolves
AMWCI-DH8EW-9C4HW

:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#4204 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:46 PM

Alien Breed 2 key:
DMZDQ-5D86D-JPGHJ

No one ever mentioned claiming this one, but it has been already. Thanks, though.

#4205 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

The Walking Dead Episode 3:
OK, so I finally had time to get to the latest episode from TWD and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm playing through this one again ASAP. I love the show, even the second season, but this one episode just blew my mind as far as drama, tension, twists, and turns. Wow. If you haven't played it yet go now! The first two episodes are great, but this third one really just turns everything up. Best purchase so far for me this year.

I really want this game, but gonna wait until it's finished. I'm guessing I'll get it during the Steam winter sale. Sounds terrific.

#4206 jw430

jw430

Some say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

oh man, im missing out free steam codes!!!!

Posted Image

Edited by jw430, 01 October 2012 - 12:49 AM.

#4207 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Thanks for the code! It was actually Duke Nukem Forever :lol:

What a horrible trick.
I would call Steam Support and have them remove it from my Games List.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#4208 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

I know this was posted earlier, but just a reminder: http://www.greenmang...ns-vs-predator/

Alien VS. Predator is $4.99 today, $4 with code.

#4209 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

Just FYI. Shogun 2: FotS only takes a few additional gigs if you have Shogun 2 installed, thankfully.

Good to know - since I own Shogun 2 [base game].
How many more gigs for the expansion, actually?

I'll keep this in mind, for the future...

Edited by MysterD, 01 October 2012 - 03:36 AM.

#4210 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

So I got a reply back on Steam of why I don't have my Torchlight 2 copy. Keep in mind I redeemed the preorder 4 months ago as part of my four pack...

The game is listed in your account as a gift. The only way to access it is to follow the directions stated above. Just in case, I have included them again:

There is no Torchlight 2 in my inventory to redeem :wall:
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4211 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

You've been here two months and you're gonna take two codes? Awesome

You've been here seven years and you're gonna complain about games that were in a $2 bundle? Awesome.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4212 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

LOL at this thread recently. Anyway, I wish there was a thread to post this in but... I have only been "collecting" PC games since this July. I already have a backlog of about 100. I have probably only played about a sixth of the games that I have bought, maybe less. These bundles are really what has been killing me though. I now have a new philosophy that is telling me not to buy games unless I really want them and they are under 2 bucks a game (unless I plan to play the game immediately) but still I know I have a shit load of games to play and at the rate I am buying them, I dont ever think I will finish all of them. Anyway, first world problem I guess. I havent even spent over 300 bucks (about the same as a new system) on all of my games, so I guess that is the only good part. But is anyone else in this situation? Especially people who have been around this scene for a while? I guess I am just hoping there are more people out there either in my situation or even worse just so I can feel better haha. Thanks for reading :)

#4213 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

So I got a reply back on Steam of why I don't have my Torchlight 2 copy. Keep in mind I redeemed the preorder 4 months ago as part of my four pack...

There is no Torchlight 2 in my inventory to redeem :wall:

And there is no "ghost" item in your inventory? Meaning there isn't a blank-looking slot after the rest of them that actually contains something? That's happened to me a few times.

#4214 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:04 AM

LOL at this thread recently. Anyway, I wish there was a thread to post this in but... I have only been "collecting" PC games since this July. I already have a backlog of about 100. I have probably only played about a sixth of the games that I have bought, maybe less. These bundles are really what has been killing me though. I now have a new philosophy that is telling me not to buy games unless I really want them and they are under 2 bucks a game (unless I plan to play the game immediately) but still I know I have a shit load of games to play and at the rate I am buying them, I dont ever think I will finish all of them. Anyway, first world problem I guess. I havent even spent over 300 bucks (about the same as a new system) on all of my games, so I guess that is the only good part. But is anyone else in this situation? Especially people who have been around this scene for a while? I guess I am just hoping there are more people out there either in my situation or even worse just so I can feel better haha. Thanks for reading :)

I've (fairly recently - just before summer sale) gotten back into PC gaming. I now have about 85 steam games I need to play (many from bundles) as well as a few other (non steam) PC games. In addition to this I have a decent console backlog - somewhere around 25 retail games and 30+ XBLA games. This doesn't include a HUGE PS2 and original Xbox backlog that, unfortunately, I probably will NEVER get to. On top of that I have quite a few android games as well as some ios games that I never played when I was using my iphone. I tend to spend a lot of my time looking for deals, rather than actually playing these damn things for some reason.

#4215 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:18 AM

... is anyone else in this situation? ...

Only everyone here. :lol:

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4216 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

I tend to spend a lot of my time looking for deals, rather than actually playing these damn things for some reason.

This is probably my main problem. Glad to know at least two other people suffer from the same.. disease if you will... Oh well. At least we know we can entertain ourselves if all else fails.

#4217 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

You've been here seven years and you're gonna complain about games that were in a $2 bundle? Awesome.

Oh how clever that you copied my post format, you must be proud.

And don't comment on something that doesn't concern you.

#4218 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:22 AM

I'm pretty sure I have one of the biggest, if not the biggest, backlog of everyone. In my catalog of games that I own (Excel spreadsheet) I have a record of a little over 1,500 games from all sources (Desura, GamersGate, GOG, Steam, etc.), and that isn't including DLC... And yet, I continue to buy games. :lol:

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#4219 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

I'm pretty sure I have one of the biggest, if not the biggest, backlog of everyone. In my catalog of games that I own (Excel spreadsheet) I have a record of a little over 1,500 games from all sources (Desura, GamersGate, GOG, Steam, etc.), and that isn't including DLC... And yet, I continue to buy games. :lol:

Wow. Betty Ford Clinic could offer new services and branch out just for you :P

I'm in at 25 ish(= 10 PS3/360 games, and about 25 more I got from PSN for "free") right now. Since I built my new rig have been piling on all these few dollar games I haven't worried about over the last 4 years. Adds up to a lot of old cheap games. I have set my limit to $5, so I don't buy everything that's on sale, or I'd end up with hundreds in backlog
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4220 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

Good to know - since I own Shogun 2 [base game].
How many more gigs for the expansion, actually?

I'll keep this in mind, for the future...

I want to say 1.6 GB from download recollection. Shogun 2: FotS does not have it's own game listing (despite being a standalone expansion) but is listed as DLC in Shogun 2. Steam reports my Shogun 2 install as consuming 19242 MB (I have all DLC for Shogun 2 and FotS).

#4221 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

I want to say 1.6 GB from download recollection. Shogun 2: FotS does not have it's own game listing (despite being a standalone expansion) but is listed as DLC in Shogun 2. Steam reports my Shogun 2 install as consuming 19242 MB (I have all DLC for Shogun 2 and FotS).

FotS apparantly makes your file size smaller because mine, with only the blood pack and RotS, comes to 26121 MB. Unless you don't own RotS and it just so happens RotS is huge.

#4222 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

FotS apparantly makes your file size smaller because mine, with only the blood pack and RotS, comes to 26121 MB. Unless you don't own RotS and it just so happens RotS is huge.

20 GB was seeming a bit smaller than I remember. I checking the folder size of "Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2"
I get 29.2 GB.

My DLC is:
Modder Pack Content
Blood Pack
Dragon War
Hattori
Ikko Ikki
Sengoku Jidai
RotS
FotS
FotS - Obama
FotS - Saga
FotS - Sendai
FotS - Tsu

Apparently I am missing:
Saints and Heroes
...I feel incomplete.

#4223 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

Revisited Syberia today. Started the game months ago, but I was annoyed by it because every time I alt tabbed to do something else, there was this ginormous black box on the screen I couldn't get rid of and was unclickable.

Somehow I didn't notice that in the Syberia button on the taskbar was a way to close that box. Until today.

But hey, playing Syberia again. Such a fantastic adventure game. It has a slow pace, and waiting for Kate to walk to destinations is tedious, but the story, voice-overs, environments, and puzzles are just great and worth the play.

I am pretty sure you already know this but you can double-click to make Kate run. I was surprised that there was no way to fast travel by double-clicking on the exit points on the screen which did make the game tedious.

#4224 jw430

jw430

Some say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

You've been here for 8 months and you're gonna complain about another cheap ass gamer that's on a forum for CHEAP ASS GAMERS? Awesome.

Sorry, I had to do it :lol: :lol:

#4225 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

Oh how clever that you copied my post format, you must be proud.

Proud? No, I copied your post format to show the irony of your childish attitude.

It's CAGs like you that create the elitist attitude that most old-timers here do a great job at avoiding. Just because someone is generally new doesn't make them any lesser than you, nor less entitled to giveaways than you. I don't know that Mac guy who took the keys at all, but he posts now and then in this thread and has always been polite and courteous from what I remember. Yet you still felt the need to call him out and make yourself look stupid instead.

Most of the time, lurkers steal giveaway codes here and don't say anything. He took the time not only to say that he grabbed the codes, yet also thank the person who gave them away, and still you had to be rude to him. I've been here a lot shorter a time than you buddy, and I can honestly tell you that that kind of thing is not what CAG is about. Grow up.

You've been here for 8 months and you're gonna complain about another cheap ass gamer that's on a forum for CHEAP ASS GAMERS? Awesome.

Sorry, I had to do it :lol: :lol:

I know. :-P

bZ2g3eF.png

#4226 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

I am pretty sure you already know this but you can double-click to make Kate run. I was surprised that there was no way to fast travel by double-clicking on the exit points on the screen which did make the game tedious.

OMG. I had no idea. I've been totally having her walk everywhere for 10 hours of gameplay.

#4227 jw430

jw430

Some say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

Proud? No, I copied your post format to show the irony of your childish attitude.

I know. :-P

Now, this is hilarious because I did not even read BLink's reply until now.
Anyways, more giveaways~~

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4228 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

OMG. I had no idea. I've been totally having her walk everywhere for 10 hours of gameplay.

I've just laughed, out loud, in my office. Thankfully nobody heard me. :lol:

Confession time: I once endured a full season, with three players, of Championship Manager 2 without knowing that you could speed up gametime by hitting the spacebar.

That season took MONTHS.

#4229 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

I think your problem is that you're too polite to say no to a great deal.

Ironic, don't ya think?

#4230 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

I think your problem is that you're too polite to say no to a great deal.

Lmfao... Probably right. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png