Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#4231 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Lmfao... Probably right. ;)

Hey Severose, I'm selling these amazing Magic Beans! They're 99% off as the daily deal, only ten bucks to you my good friend!

:D

#4232 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Only everyone here. :lol:

You've been here seven years and you're gonna complain about games that were in a $2 bundle? Awesome.

Proud? No, I copied your post format to show the irony of your childish attitude.

It's CAGs like you that create the elitist attitude that most old-timers here do a great job at avoiding.

Remember the advice you received months ago about not picking fights with everyone on CAG?

Just a reminder.

#4233 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

Hey Severose, I'm selling these amazing Magic Beans! They're 99% off as the daily deal, only ten bucks to you my good friend!

:D

LOL he'd probably buy them. Also, he forgets that he owns most of the things he buys ;)

#4234 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Remember the advice you received months ago about not picking fights with everyone on CAG?

Just a reminder.

I miss motoki

#4235 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

LOL he'd probably buy them. Also, he forgets that he owns most of the things he buys ;)

Ssssshhhhhh you'll rumble my secret plan. I'm planning on flogging him Magic Beans 2: Stalks Aplenty! during the winter sale :D

#4236 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

I miss motoki

This. I think everyone would be better off just letting things slide and not reply hen someone makes a boob out of themselves. This kind of confrontation in most cases is worse than the original post.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#4237 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Proud? No, I copied your post format to show the irony of your childish attitude.

It's CAGs like you that create the elitist attitude that most old-timers here do a great job at avoiding. Just because someone is generally new doesn't make them any lesser than you, nor less entitled to giveaways than you. I don't know that Mac guy who took the keys at all, but he posts now and then in this thread and has always been polite and courteous from what I remember. Yet you still felt the need to call him out and make yourself look stupid instead.

Most of the time, lurkers steal giveaway codes here and don't say anything. He took the time not only to say that he grabbed the codes, yet also thank the person who gave them away, and still you had to be rude to him. I've been here a lot shorter a time than you buddy, and I can honestly tell you that that kind of thing is not what CAG is about. Grow up.

So according to you it's ok to take all you can as long as you thank the person for it? Awesome. Being polite and courteous means allowing others to also enjoy the giveaways, you're offered a number of them then take just one, don't be greedy.

Also, calling out someone on calling out someone makes you look stupid. Grow up.

Ironic, don't ya think?

I'm sure you're referring to your own comment.

And with that let's end this conversation. :grouphug:

#4238 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

I'm just amused that people are arguing over someone using two codes in a long list while ignoring the post that followed of someone claiming to have taken ALL THE REST.

Just sayin'.

#4239 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

I'm just amused that people are arguing over someone using two codes in a long list while ignoring the post that followed of someone claiming to have taken ALL THE REST.

Just sayin'.

To be fair, that guy gave away Duke Nukem Forever in his next post.. which totally made up for taking the rest of the keys ;)

#4240 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

I must have missed it before the nuke.

76561198014930049.png

#4241 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Public Service Announcement:

Use of the concept of irony is to be removed from this thread henceforth as yesterday's Ryder Cup results proves that (80% of) y'all don't know how to use irons. Same applies to woodery* and puttery*.

Carry on.

:grouphug:

* - if those words aren't legit, they should be.

Edited by Flowette, 01 October 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#4242 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

Use of the concept of irony is to be removed from this thread henceforth as yesterday's Ryder Cup results proves that (80%) of y'all don't know how to use irons. Same applies to woodery* and puttery*.

Carry on.

I contacted merriam-Webster they are being added as we speak.

#4243 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

LOL at this thread recently. Anyway, I wish there was a thread to post this in but... I have only been "collecting" PC games since this July. I already have a backlog of about 100. I have probably only played about a sixth of the games that I have bought, maybe less. These bundles are really what has been killing me though.

I have about 140 games, maybe 30 of which are from various indie bundles. I listed them in a spreadsheet and marked them as "Bundle" or not and a color coded column indicating whether or not I've played them ("Playing", "Done" or "Not Played"). The results were both encouraging and sobering -- My unplayed list isn't as bad as I had feared but it's bad enough to get me to hold off on new purchases for a bit.

#4244 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Only everyone here. :lol:

Yeah, pretty much.
But, it's more than Steam that's killing me w/ my backlog.
I got stuff from Retail and NUMEROUS Digital Downloads Services....
[shakes my head]

I will NEVER catch-up...

#4245 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Use of the concept of irony is to be removed from this thread henceforth as yesterday's Ryder Cup results proves that (80% of) y'all don't know how to use irons. Same applies to woodery* and puttery*.

Carry on.

Excellent use of y'all as well. One would think you were raised in North Carolina.

#4246 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Snuggle Truck is going to be today's daily deal. Also ponies and free copies.
http://owlchemylabs....-snuggle-truck/

#4247 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

I've just laughed, out loud, in my office. Thankfully nobody heard me. :lol:

Confession time: I once endured a full season, with three players, of Championship Manager 2 without knowing that you could speed up gametime by hitting the spacebar.

That season took MONTHS.

Hey, it's a sign of a good game that we enjoyed our games enough to play at tedious paces for the content. :applause:

#4248 Jello4250

Jello4250

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

Spare Humble Bundle #3 key: VDN5A-ZAQWX-AD05K

Post if used!

#4249 Jello4250

Jello4250

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

And, Gish: DD6T5-EHY9F-D5YQ0

#4250 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Spare Humble Bundle #3 key: VDN5A-ZAQWX-AD05K

Post if used!

Redeemed thanks much.

#4251 TripJack

TripJack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

used the gish key, thank you!

#4252 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

snuggle truck was fun on a phone but i can't see it translating well to PC

Hand__Of__God.png

#4253 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Hey, it's a sign of a good game that we enjoyed our games enough to play at tedious paces for the content. :applause:

^_^ /agree Though kids these days have it so easy. Back in my day walking across the world in games like Kings Quest (1) took *time* not only for the slow walking pace but also because of the constant loading from the floppy drive each screen -- and needing to shuffle floppies as you crossed regions. Also periodically needing to consult the encoder wheel or manual to satisfy the primitive copy-protection schemes. And floppy-copy-protection involved deliberately corrupted sectors that would slow down and confuse your floppy drive (and eventually throw read-head alignment off).

And no one fussed over mechanical keyboards -- they were all mechanical (unless it was some stupid PC Jr chicklets keyboard) and usually integral with the computer chassis. And the only optical mice were found on serious workstation computers and required a special metal mousepad.

#4254 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

snuggle truck was fun on a phone but i can't see it translating well to PC

Yeah. Personally, if I see that a game was designed for an iphone, that's a good sign to avoid it. Though I'm not speaking about any game in particular.

#4255 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Snuggle truck was kinda meh to me. If you didn't get it in the humble bundle it was in, I say pass on it.

#4256 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Back up 'da Snuggletruck! Got it as a throw in from one of the HB bundles. Played it for all of ten minutes or so. It's a prototypical iphone timewaster game.

#4257 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

The most remarkable thing about Snuggle Truck is that it was originally designed around human trafficking as Smuggle Truck. They changed the game around to be more appropriate but left the original version in as a selectable mode.

That is, if I recall correctly. Haven't played it yet.

#4258 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

The most remarkable thing about Snuggle Truck is that it was originally designed around human trafficking as Smuggle Truck. They changed the game around to be more appropriate but left the original version in as a selectable mode.

That is, if I recall correctly. Haven't played it yet.

The HiB had two separate games: Snuggle Truck with stuffed animals and Smuggle Truck with illegal immigrants. There wasn't a separate selectable mode, you played one or the other.

Both are identical in game play.

#4259 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

I'm sure you're referring to your own comment.

You have a point. :oops:

#4260 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Steam replied back to me today about no preorder of Torchlight 2 in my library.

We apologize for the confusion. Upon further investigation, it appears your copy of Torchlight 2 was gifted to another Steam user on 5/21/2012.

In order to play the game you will have to purchase a new copy:

I paid $15 fucking dollars for it and I know I did not send it away as a gift because it's the only fucking way I would have a copy of Torchlight 1 in my account. How does one explain this and why did this happen? I am fucking pissed now.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly