Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#4291 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

Lesson to be learned: Check with the host.

Must have been a fluke since I haven't heard of a big uproar over TL2 pre orders not redeeming right. Otherwise, Kotaku would have been all over it.

The host was a good friend of mine, so it was no biggie, just an odd occurrence.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4292 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

I really miss the n-word censoring to NINJA from Ninja Gaiden. That was endlessly hilarious to me.

Also, I TRIED to talk about games. I TRIED.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#4293 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

JIMMER TIME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

I love the video game censorship lol, I actually have a copy of Fuck for the sega genesis floating around somewhere. Ah childhood memories :)

#4294 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

I know, consider me shut up. If it was just a stupid insult thrown at me, that would be one thing, but it's different when someone is getting picked on for doing nothing wrong. The solution is "Let the veteran CAG be a jerk to the newbie." Alright.

I usually take the approach of "speak my argument, insult the person, then ignore them." Don't much care who I do it to, whether online or in person; we're all just people. Just be true to who you are, dude.

My happy hour IG9 bundle finally arrived. Awesome price for so many games! I already have Alien Breed 2 from last year's Summer Camp, so I'm hiding my extra key in this post.

#4295 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

I usually take the approach of "speak my argument, insult the person, then ignore them." Don't much care who I do it to, whether online or in person; we're all just people. Just be true to who you are, dude.

My happy hour IG9 bundle finally arrived. Awesome price for so many games! I already have Alien Breed 2 from last year's Summer Camp, so I'm hiding my extra key in this post.

Thanks for Skyrim!!!!
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#4296 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

I'm disappointed in this thread. With RE6 on PC not coming until next year this could have been the one good video game thread on the internet today.

#4297 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

Thank you. I've opted not to buy into this one since I already have the Broken Sword trilogy, but I accept your Alien Breed 2 key. (Spent all my Summer Sale tickets on DLC for everything else.)

#4298 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

So what games are you guys looking forward to with the end of the year game release zerg? I know we are all CAG's and don't like to spend much preordering but I am curious as to what is on other peoples plates. Sometimes you find cool games you didn't know about otherwise.

Here is what I'm looking at that I can remember.

XCom, while the demo was simple it did show a lot of promise and the RTS write ups and gameplay videos have been nothing short of great imo. So I went for it and preordered it since I got a good deal on it (bought for $35 from a friend and sold the extra copy of Civ 5 I got with it for $6).

Dishonored. I am really looking forward to this one, but am waiting to get it for $40. I like the multiple ways to finish levels and such and it looks really cool. My only thing I'm worried about is length/size.

Need for Speed Most Wanted. This will be the first EA title in quite a long time I'm going to buy that isn't going to be 75% off. I loved the first NFS Most Wanted (one of my fav NFS) and this one should hopefully just be that but improved, even if it was the same damn game with a graphics update I'd want it honestly lol.

Of Orcs and Men. This RPG just looks cool, you play as an gaint Orc and assassin Goblin that are sent out to kill the Empire of mankind for trying to take over the greenskins land. I'll be picking this one up for sure before years end.

Off hand that is all I can remember, though I'm sure there are a few other titles but those are the main ones I'd say that I can think of. Seeing what others are looking forward too might/probably will add some to the list too.

I gotta say though, the last few months have been solid for gaming imo. I've preordered a decent number of games this year for great prices and haven't been let down on any of them. Dark Souls, Darksiders 2, Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, and Guild Wars 2 so far have all be great and I've sunk a lot of time into (I'm freaking addicted to BL2 right now, help 110 hours already)

#4299 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

So what games are you guys looking forward to with the end of the year game release zerg? I know we are all CAG's and don't like to spend much preordering but I am curious as to what is on other peoples plates. Sometimes you find cool games you didn't know about otherwise.

Here is what I'm looking at that I can remember.

XCom, while the demo was simple it did show a lot of promise and the RTS write ups and gameplay videos have been nothing short of great imo. So I went for it and preordered it since I got a good deal on it (bought for $35 from a friend and sold the extra copy of Civ 5 I got with it for $6).

Dishonored. I am really looking forward to this one, but am waiting to get it for $40. I like the multiple ways to finish levels and such and it looks really cool. My only thing I'm worried about is length/size.

Need for Speed Most Wanted. This will be the first EA title in quite a long time I'm going to buy that isn't going to be 75% off. I loved the first NFS Most Wanted (one of my fav NFS) and this one should hopefully just be that but improved, even if it was the same damn game with a graphics update I'd want it honestly lol.

Of Orcs and Men. This RPG just looks cool, you play as an gaint Orc and assassin Goblin that are sent out to kill the Empire of mankind for trying to take over the greenskins land. I'll be picking this one up for sure before years end.

Off hand that is all I can remember, though I'm sure there are a few other titles but those are the main ones I'd say that I can think of. Seeing what others are looking forward too might/probably will add some to the list too.

I gotta say though, the last few months have been solid for gaming imo. I've preordered a decent number of games this year for great prices and haven't been let down on any of them. Dark Souls, Darksiders 2, Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, and Guild Wars 2 so far have all be great and I've sunk a lot of time into (I'm freaking addicted to BL2 right now, help 110 hours already)

I'm looking forward to, hopefully on some sort of sale eventually...

Not out yet:
Dishonored
Assassin's Creed 3
NFS: Most Wanted (Criterion)

Already out:
Sleeping Dogs
Krater: Shadows of Solside
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Torchlight 2
Borderlands 2
Max Payne 3
Darksiders 2

#4300 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

I saw Of Orcs and Men on gamersgate the other day and it did look pretty cool.

Also looking forward to Dishonored and some dino game called Primal Carnage.

Also want to get Sleeping Dogs, Krater, Torchlight 2 when they go 75% off...lol.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#4301 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

Also want to get Sleeping Dogs, Krater, Torchlight 2 when they go 75% off...lol.

That might take A LOT of patience, hehe....
Krater and TL2, I might budge at 50% on those....
About Sleeping Dogs...I dunno what'll make me budge for a price on that game. :P

#4302 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

That might take A LOT of patience, hehe....
Krater and TL2, I might budge at 50% on those....
About Sleeping Dogs...I dunno what'll make me budge for a price on that game. :P

$10 is the price I'll budge at for Sleeping Dogs ;)

It's published by Square Enix, so it probably won't take long for it to drop.

#4303 Slywolf15

Slywolf15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

Personally there isn't anything else coming this year I'm really interested in although Dishonored looks pretty cool.

What I'm really looking forward to is Aliens:Colonial Marines and Bioshock Infinite next year.

#4304 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

Hmm, just thinking I would like to see the old Star Trek Elite Force games on steam. I remember there were some pretty solid mods being made for it(the first game basically had an entire new campaign fan made for it), but I never got to try them.
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4305 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

Of Orcs and Men has caught my eye, but I probably won't buy any more "new" games this year.

I'm trying to close my eyes and pretend there are no more games coming out this year. I'm still reeling from the 40ish day period that brought me Sleeping Dogs, Dark Souls, Darksiders II, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2, and Torchlight 2. Whew.

#4306 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

$10 could be the breaking point for me on a lot of titles, yes.
Especially Triple-A titles.

That or 75% off... ;)

Thing is w/ Sleeping Dogs - we know there's gonna be at least 6 months of DLC planned for it...

#4307 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

I'm not buying this game on PC, based on Criterion's last two PC games. They denied DLC to Burnout Paradise on PC and then did a half assed port of Hot Pursuit with no anti-aliasing and missing effects. If I buy it I'm getting it on PS3, it's just a safer bet.

#4308 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

Exactly why I held off on Sleeping Dogs even though I'm really intrigued by it. I'll thank myself later. :)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#4309 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

I'm not buying this game on PC, based on Criterion's last two PC games. They denied DLC to Burnout Paradise on PC and then did a half assed port of Hot Pursuit with no anti-aliasing and missing effects. If I buy it I'm getting it on PS3, it's just a safer bet.

Did you try bumping up any AA effects through your video card's software panel (Nvidia Control Panel or ATI Catalyst Control Center)?

#4310 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

I think the advice was to learn how to let things go/slide. Even if you feel you are in the right or "defending" someone.

What we have now is 2+ pages of pointless argument clogging up this thread when we'd only have one unnecessary insult if you just learned to ignore things.

One word: Thunderdome

So after about a few days of not having Torchlight 2, I finally got in touch with the hoster of the 4-pack. Apparently I found a major bug in Steam. So my copy of Torchlight 2 the copy I redeemed the preorder with, was sent to him and not me. He didn't know until he opened his inventory when I asked him about it.

I am just happy.

Hooray! I hope you enjoy TL2 as much as I.

More Games?!? I'm still waiting for the current crop to hit a CAG-a-rific sale! Only thing currently on my horizon is NFS:MW2. Preordering with GMG coupon is the best I think I've seen. Personally I've never pre-ordered games (excluding Kickstarter), since I like to see the reviews first. That said, I'll probably pickup NFS:MW2 when it hits $25 (probably around the solstice). I loved NFS:MW, though the PS2 version would slow down a bit with when you had 30+ vehicles after you. I disabled auto-saves (or pulled my mem card) to re-do boss races until I guessed their pinkslip.

Torchlight 2 is helping me to stay strong against temptation (and kick ass at the same time =).

#4311 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

I've (fairly recently - just before summer sale) gotten back into PC gaming. I now have about 85 steam games I need to play (many from bundles) as well as a few other (non steam) PC games. In addition to this I have a decent console backlog - somewhere around 25 retail games and 30+ XBLA games. This doesn't include a HUGE PS2 and original Xbox backlog that, unfortunately, I probably will NEVER get to. On top of that I have quite a few android games as well as some ios games that I never played when I was using my iphone. I tend to spend a lot of my time looking for deals, rather than actually playing these damn things for some reason.

haha I love this whole conversation...just started PC gaming and I have more games already then I ever had on console. It really is addicting to get these deals.

So no deals recently...I guess. alotta heat goin' around here

I guess I'm hopin' GMG gets some good deals week so I can use that code.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#4312 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

And back to something game related... Anyone that was dismissing Dark Souls here it some information for you. The game, with a patch and mods, is capable of running at any resolution (and a massive amount of down-sampling), at 60 frames per second, has a mouse fix that makes it apparently playable with one, and can have those annoying xbox 360 button prompts replaced with either keyboard or ps3 icons. Oh yeah, it also has its own Nexus.

I know some may look at this with disdain because you have to use mods and patches to make it enjoyable; and I would say you really don't... it will just be blurry and require you to use a controller. Well you also have to use mods to make any Bethesda game's UI not fucking horrible in terms of size, except Morrowind. So I leave it at that.

I'm having a blast with Dark Souls (apparently, I've played 40 hours in the last two weeks and 72 hours total!), but I cannot recommend it due to it being such a shoddy port. I know the From Software told the PC crowd that it would be crappy since they have no experience with PCs, but that's not a good excuse. Also, it uses Games for Windows Live. I literally spent a couple of hours before even being able to play the game trying to set up an account and linking it, etc.

#4313 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

Did you try bumping up any AA effects through your video card's software panel (Nvidia Control Panel or ATI Catalyst Control Center)?

Yeah, and I can get that to work on most games but couldn't get any success with Hot Pursuit. I don't want to play it, I just bought it on PC cause it was cheap and I thought it'd look great considering my PS3 version already looked really nice. I was wrong. Burnout Paradise is my favorite car game of all time, but I sure don't trust Criterion when it comes to PC.

Even without the AA issue, to lock PCers out of DLC that they advertise for purchase in the PC store, it really sucks. One of those Burnout DLC cars is my favorite car in the whole game, I can go into the store on PC, look at the car, it's sitting right there in the game, but you can't buy it. They are built into the game but never activated for sale, it's very frustrating. And then there was the island expansion that never came to PC at all.

Anyway, I wasn't going to buy Most Wanted at launch so I'll wait and see how the PC version turns out. Maybe they'll impress me, but I doubt it.

#4314 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

I'm having a blast with Dark Souls (apparently, I've played 40 hours in the last two weeks and 72 hours total!), but I cannot recommend it due to it being such a shoddy port. I know the From Software told the PC crowd that it would be crappy since they have no experience with PCs, but that's not a good excuse. Also, it uses Games for Windows Live. I literally spent a couple of hours before even being able to play the game trying to set up an account and linking it, etc.

That's strange. It takes me about 20 minutes to set up a Live account in a foreign language using a 360 controller (no keyboard!). I'm not sure how you took two hours... maybe you could share the problems you encountered to help others? :bouncy:

And don't forget to grab the resolution user mod for Dark Souls to run it in proper-like resolution, innit!

Despite getting to NG+ on one account and to the library on another on 360, and also having a lot of games like Borderlands 2 and Dragon's Dogma on my to-buy list, I couldn't hold out... I bought a $30 boxed copy of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die. :D And I'm SO HAPPY! In fact... what am I doing here? -> Dark Souls

#4315 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

That's strange. It takes me about 20 minutes to set up a Live account in a foreign language using a 360 controller (no keyboard!). I'm not sure how you took two hours... maybe you could share the problems you encountered to help others? :bouncy:

And don't forget to grab the resolution user mod for Dark Souls to run it in proper-like resolution, innit!

Despite getting to NG+ on one account and to the library on another on 360, and also having a lot of games like Borderlands 2 and Dragon's Dogma on my to-buy list, I couldn't hold out... I bought a $30 boxed copy of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die. :D And I'm SO HAPPY! In fact... what am I doing here? -> Dark Souls

So I already had a GFWL account from playing Fallout 3. The overlay in Dark Souls was so confusing for me for a bit - for some reason (can't recall why), the game made another account for me using my steam name, but refused to login to my real GFWL account. I kept getting the "you are not logged into GFWL so your game will start in offline mode" message. I didn't realize this until I went back into the client and noticed that the name I was logged into was completely different from my preassigned one on GFWL.

Dark Souls is quite addictive and is a very good game. But that's sort of like a really good book that is written in size 2 font, but you can't read it without using a microscope!

#4316 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

Discussion on upcoming games

I am looking forward to all of those as well. Though I have a feeling I will wait out Dishonored most likely until it drops to around $20 or so.

On top of those listed I really want Natural Selection 2. It is shaping up to be quite the game and the current beta feedback is stellar.

The Enhanced version of Baldur's Gate is also on my watch list.

On the note of upcoming titles, has anyone heard of Dungeon Gate?
It looks quite simplistic yet the short trailer and screenshots has got me intrigued.

I will also be picking up Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 on my 360 for multiplayer purposes with my buddies. The new Zombies is holding a lot of promise.

#4317 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

Games I'm looking forward to:
Prison Architect (could be a while)

Games I'm annoyed haven't been released already:
WWE Wrestlefest (it was due out in "Summer"!)

Games I've bought the alpha of but want to see the finished product before playing properly:
Project Zomboid
Desktop Dungeons

Edited by Flowette, 02 October 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#4318 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

I've really been wanting to give Krater a whirl too, but then I thought about it, and decided that I'd rather find a Borderlands mod for Torchlight 2. ._.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#4319 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

I had XBL Gold since '05 launch of the 360 up until it broke in '10, so if its not Steam-compatible, I actually prefer it with GFWL. If its Steam and it has GFWL that's a bonus for me. But I know alotta people have issues with it.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#4320 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

I had XBL Gold since '05 launch of the 360 up until it broke in '10, so if its not Steam-compatible, I actually prefer it with GFWL. If its Steam and it has GFWL that's a bonus for me. But I know alotta people have issues with it.

I have no problem with the idea of GFWL. It's just poorly implemented and buggy as hell. Plus some features while it makes sense on the 360 do not make sense on Windows. Having a portal that links 360 and PC cheevos and friends would be great, but it's just so poorly done I can't even seem to bother.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly