Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#4351 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

What?

Wrong thread :applause:

Hand__Of__God.png

#4352 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

For those looking at skyrim:

http://www.cheapassg...t=329365&page=1

#4353 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Concerning the Secret World sale:
Funcom: Secret World 'not going free-to-play any time soon' [Updated]

#4354 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Even if it were going free to play tomorrow common business sense is that you vehemently deny it until it happens. If they were confirm the game was going F2P soon sales would take a huge hit because people would be less willing to pay for something they know they can get for free soon.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#4355 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

Even if it were going free to play tomorrow common business sense is that you vehemently deny it until it happens. If they were confirm the game was going F2P soon sales would take a huge hit because people would be less willing to pay for something they know they can get for free soon.

Apparently some publishers aren't worried about lost sales in between the announcement and execution of a game going to a F2P or free/subscription hybrid model.

SWTOR is going free-to-play, subs dip below one million [Updated]
Vanguard going free-to-play this summer, beefs up dev team
The wait is over: Aion's 3.0 and F2P conversion announced

And it's not subject only to MMOs. Sony: PS Vita price cut in 2013

#4356 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

Bought a four-pack of War of the Roses on Amazon and had a Steam key left over, put it up on Steamgifts if anyone's interested.

#4357 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Apparently some publishers aren't worried about lost sales in between the announcement and execution of a game going to a F2P or free/subscription hybrid model.

SWTOR is going free-to-play, subs dip below one million [Updated]
Vanguard going free-to-play this summer, beefs up dev team
The wait is over: Aion's 3.0 and F2P conversion announced

And it's not subject only to MMOs. Sony: PS Vita price cut in 2013

We can thank LoL and Guild Wars 2 for this. I would personally love to see WoW and these shitty subscription services die out already.

#4358 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

Bought a four-pack of War of the Roses on Amazon and had a Steam key left over, put it up on Steamgifts if anyone's interested.

Nice giveaway. Could have limited it to the CAG Steam group though? ;)

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4359 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

Nice giveaway. Could have limited it to the CAG Steam group though? ;)

How does one get in said group?

#4360 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Just pop over to this thread as ask for an invite (the link is on the OP of this thread).

Or just give me your Steam name and I'll friend and invite you to the group. ;)

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4361 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

Soooo, Steam community down for all right now?

#4362 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

Soooo, Steam community down for all right now?

Yeah just got the same message.

#4363 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

Dude, so Game Maker and 3D-rendering software are available on Steam? Shoite.

#4364 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

Or just give me your Steam name and I'll friend and invite you to the group. ;)

Vinylsidiling. Thanks.

#4365 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

I bought Secret World for $25 last month when Origin had it on sale. I'm not continuing my subscription though. It has a good plot and a good idea but the population isn't really there and it feels mainly like a single player game until you reach the end game dungeons.

It'd be a perfectly good $25 game. It's not a good $25+$15+$15+$15+$15... game.

#4366 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

It's not a good $25+$15+$15+$15+$15... game.

This pretty much sums up my opinion of every MMO. Can't justify spending $15/month to grind the same content when I could just use that to buy a new game or two via various digital download sales.

#4367 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

For those of you who (like me) purchased Din's Curse and/or Din's Curse: Demon War from Direct2Drive and have since lost it (somewhat) to the abomination called Gamefly, if you email steven@soldak.com asking for a Steam key in exchange for providing the keys you have for the games from Direct2Drive, now Gamefly, you'll be able to snag a Steam key for both (also, like me!). ;)

Thanks again for posting this. I got my key this afternoon.

#4368 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:23 AM

Thank you! I was able to grab the last copy on my way home from work ... really wished there were extras, I would've grabbed them for other people at cost.

#4369 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

It figures. Today my $50 gift certificate arrives from Best Buy, and BestBuy.com closes preorders for XCom. Guess I'm not preordering XCom, since that is the only way I'm affording it.
Posted Image

#4370 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

I bought Secret World for $25 last month when Origin had it on sale. I'm not continuing my subscription though. It has a good plot and a good idea but the population isn't really there and it feels mainly like a single player game until you reach the end game dungeons.

It'd be a perfectly good $25 game. It's not a good $25+$15+$15+$15+$15... game.

I'd love to see TSW become SP-based.
I'd love to avoid the $15 sub-fee AND the "always online" requirement.

My big problem w/ TSW from the Beta (one week before the game dropped) was the combat didn't feel that good at all;
the game has too many ARPG style quests (kill X enemies, kill X enemies in a certain fashion, find X people, go to X area, find X areas, etc);
and the zombie-infested area just didn't do much for me (probably b/c at that time, I recently finished Dead Island: Ryder White).

The storytelling, writing, dialogue, and voice-acting was fantastic - and really what you'd expect out of a SP game.

#4371 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

Digital version still shows as preorderable to me, just the physical PC version is sold out.

#4372 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

It figures. Today my $50 gift certificate arrives from Best Buy, and BestBuy.com closes preorders for XCom. Guess I'm not preordering XCom, since that is the only way I'm affording it.

Hmmm, does bb sell gamestop gift cards? You could then turn that in to a steam wallet card. Doubt it though.

Other than that I'm sure someone could trade you for it.

#4373 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

Hmmm, does bb sell gamestop gift cards? You could then turn that in to a steam wallet card. Doubt it though.

Other than that I'm sure someone could trade you for it.

They sell "kindle" cards which you can use at Amazon.

#4374 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

Damn, I wish I would have known this while I was at work (3 min away from TRU).

I'm gonna have to check it out tomorrow. :)

Games I can't wait to play:

AC 3
Dishonored
Borderlands 2
Baldur's Gate EE
Dark Souls PTDE

To name a few.....
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4375 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

I have no problem with the idea of GFWL. It's just poorly implemented and buggy as hell. Plus some features while it makes sense on the 360 do not make sense on Windows. Having a portal that links 360 and PC cheevos and friends would be great, but it's just so poorly done I can't even seem to bother.

Ok that makes sense. I haven't run into those problems yet but I'm sure I will lol.

Was lookin at some of the Elder Scrolls games but Skyrim for $10 at TRU is going to make me go out of my way to check lol.

Oblivion for $10, cop or not?

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#4376 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

Oblivion for $10? Nah. That's probably a good price for a physical copy, but you're better off buying the Deluxe Edition or GOTY on Steam for like half the price.

bZ2g3eF.png

#4377 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

Oblivion for $10? Nah. That's probably a good price for a physical copy, but you're better off buying the Deluxe Edition or GOTY on Steam for like half the price.

Forgot about the Delux/GOTY editions for these games, thanks

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#4378 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

Forgot about the Delux/GOTY editions for these games, thanks

Wait until the deluxe edition is 75% off, may happen during the winter sale. It was 75% off during the summer sale.

#4379 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

I've been playing a lot of Faster Than Light (FTL) recently. In fact it's taken over from Guild Wars 2 as my go-to-game of choice.

It's pretty unforgiving, and 30 mins to 1 hour of work can evaporate in seconds, but I'm still finding it rewarding. I've unlocked my second and third ships which seem to be a little better than the standard one and I'm doing a little better each time. It's becoming obvious that you really can't expect every random event to go your own way and he further in I get, the more cautious I'm becoming. Still haven't found a solid balance between component upgrades and ship upgrades but I'm getting there.

Worth it if you're curious. Even if not, I'd say it's worth a punt in a sale.

P.s. Still haven't beaten it yet, even on Easy.

#4380 aa.jetta

aa.jetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

I've been playing a lot of Faster Than Light (FTL) recently. In fact it's taken over from Guild Wars 2 as my go-to-game of choice.

It's pretty unforgiving, and 30 mins to 1 hour of work can evaporate in seconds, but I'm still finding it rewarding. I've unlocked my second and third ships which seem to be a little better than the standard one and I'm doing a little better each time. It's becoming obvious that you really can't expect every random event to go your own way and he further in I get, the more cautious I'm becoming. Still haven't found a solid balance between component upgrades and ship upgrades but I'm getting there.

Worth it if you're curious. Even if not, I'd say it's worth a punt in a sale.

P.s. Still haven't beaten it yet, even on Easy.

Things will eventually go your way and you'll manage to beat it. After my experience with easy, I will admit I still haven't tried normal and I'm a bit terrified of it.