Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#4411 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

We're killing retail video game delivery!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hot:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#4412 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Wish I'd been keeping up with this thread better. I doubt my Toys R Us is going to have anything left when I finally make it out there.

#4413 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Bought a four-pack of War of the Roses on Amazon and had a Steam key left over, put it up on Steamgifts if anyone's interested.

Great giveaway but not wasting points on 2183 - 1 odds at this moment only to get worse. :)

In re of Dishonored giveaway. http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28573
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#4414 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

Wish I'd been keeping up with this thread better. I doubt my Toys R Us is going to have anything left when I finally make it out there.

Depends on the selection, my TRU still had alot of everything but there wasn't any Skyrim/D3/SC2 even available to buy. I'd still go check it out.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#4415 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

Great giveaway but not wasting points on 2183 - 1 odds at this moment only to get worse.

Not like I'm saving my points for a million copies of Rome: Total War, Broken Sword and Trine. Might as well use 'em and let 'em regenerate.

#4416 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

Bummed that I keep missing these shift codes because they show up when I'm at work. Agghhhh. Oh well. I've barely been able to play BL2 anyway haha.

Also been itching to play Sonic Generations. Life, y u so demanding??

#4417 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

We're killing retail video game delivery!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hot:

I think Retail has often been shooting itself in the foot for NUMEROUS years, since Steam and other digital distribution services have came along & spoiled us w/ amazing sales on the regular...

#4418 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

I'm bummed that I'm missing all these Shift codes because my gaming laptop is still being built/in the mail and I don't even have BL2 installed yet. >.<

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4419 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

I'm bummed that I'm missing all these Shift codes because my gaming laptop is still being built/in the mail and I don't even have BL2 installed yet. >.<

You don't have any other computer to install it on?

You don't have to start the game itself to redeem the codes, you do it in the main menu so any computer should be able to handle that.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4420 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

You don't have any other computer to install it on?

You don't have to start the game itself to redeem the codes, you do it in the main menu so any computer should be able to handle that.

Two problems on that end:

1. The only PC with internet access right now in my house is my mother's, and she refuses to have any game installed on it, lol.

2. I need to bring in the modem we have for a new one, because we're getting download speeds of 40kbps or lower right now. >_>

Oh well. xD

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4421 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

Not like I'm saving my points for a million copies of Rome: Total War, Broken Sword and Trine. Might as well use 'em and let 'em regenerate.

Hey man, speak for yourself.

If I save up long enough I know I can win Shadowgrounds Survivor and Fortix!

EDIT:

Oh, speaking of shitty SteamGifts giveaways, I was going to set up giveaways for these but thought it was way more trouble than it was worth.

If anyone wants: Alien Breed 2, Worms Crazy Golf, or the late additions games to the latest humble bundle (Wizorb, Bit.Trip.Runner, Gratuitous Space Battles and Jamestown) PM me and I'll send you the key.

On the last one I'd kind of prefer if you don't have more than 2 of the 4 games, as it's all one key and seems like a waste for someone just chasing after one of them.

EDIT2: Worms Crazy Golf and Humble Bundle extras are taken. Only Alien Breed 2 is left. Doubt anyone wants it, but still... PM me if you do.

Edited by Eldredpe, 04 October 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#4422 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

I caved on Dawnguard for $11.25. I was waiting for $10, close enough. Got too jealous of all the mods I've seen for it.

#4423 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

Tony just posted this code:

OCTOFUN1 - Takes 25% off any non pre-order or 30 day new release game.

Works with Sleeping Dogs so it would make it $22.49!

I am seriously tempted, despite the fact that I haven't even played GTA IV yet from my backlog.

And yup, purchased. I like when Amazon does deals and I suppose I'm support them...with money!

Edited by Necrotron, 04 October 2012 - 07:14 AM.

#4424 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Thanks, all, for alerting me to Dawnguard being $11.25.

Great time for that sale, what with Skyrim being $10 at ToysRUs (provided one can find it).

On another matter, am I going to see Dishonored under $45 before release? Not looking likely so far, and it launches in a little over five days in the US !

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#4425 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

Ehh, weak, https://indiegamestand.com/ raised their "pay what you want" price to $0.25.

No thanks. Not impressed with the games so far.

bZ2g3eF.png

#4426 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

Ehh, weak, https://indiegamestand.com/ raised their "pay what you want" price to $0.25.

Ahh, so $0.25 to download and $1 minimum for a Desura key, or just $0.25 for both?

I always paid a dollar and assumed that was the minimum.

Edited by Necrotron, 04 October 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#4427 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

Ahh, so $0.25 to download and $1 minimum for a Desura key, or just $0.25 for both?

I alway paid a dollar and assumed that was the minimum.

It's $1 to get the Desura key. 25 cents gets you the DRM-free download without a key.

#4428 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Escape Goat and SpaceChem are sublime. What kind of games are you expecting?

MARS

#4429 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

Hi guys, I have a few questions.
Im new to Steam , and rarely ever play PC games.
I just bought fallout 3 on steam to play while on vacation on the laptop.
I've put well more than 200 hours into the Xbox version and remember it being full of bugs.
I was under the impression that Steam auto updated your games. My version feels very buggy, how can I be sure im updated?

Also, I purchased the GOTY version but none of the dlc downloaded. How do I do that?
im sure in making some kind of noob mistake.
Thanks for any help.

#4430 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

Also, I purchased the GOTY version but none of the dlc downloaded. How do I do that?
im sure in making some kind of noob mistake.
Thanks for any help.

I don't have it in front of me, but in the launch menu you go into the options and have to manually check the DLC. It's dumb and I've heard some say it was automatic for them, but that's what I had to do. I actually played the whole game without the DLC (assuming they were loaded since that's the norm) and only learned the truth when I complained to someone about the ending and he said "Well, with the DLC..."

#4431 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

@Warboss

If you bought FO3: GOTY Version from Steam, you should be all set.

Boot the game up to boot the launcher; then click on Data Files.
MAKE sure Fallout3.esm is checked (that's the base game - need that on, at the very least).
MAKE sure all 5 of these DLC's are checked (turned on):
Anchorage.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
Point Lookout.esm
ThePitt.esm
Zeta.esm

Also, if you have performance issues, play w/ the game settings.
After booting the game up; w/ on the game launcher splash screen in front of you, click on Options.
Go play w/ the graphics settings, resolution, and all of that stuff.
Depending on your PC's power, you're going to have to figure out what to run the game at.
Always a good idea to let the game config it for you; play the game to see how it runs; and if it runs well, then you can later play w/ settings and jack them up to see what works for you (and what doesn't, so you might need to go turn some stuff off or down).
You might want to run a program like FRAPS in the background, to see how well or poorly your game runs.
You at least want to stay over 30 FPS (frames per second), normally; and if you're running 60 FPS then that is fantastic, BTW. :D

Enjoy!

Edited by MysterD, 04 October 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#4432 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Hi guys, I have a few questions.
Im new to Steam , and rarely ever play PC games.
I just bought fallout 3 on steam to play while on vacation on the laptop.
I've put well more than 200 hours into the Xbox version and remember it being full of bugs.
I was under the impression that Steam auto updated your games. My version feels very buggy, how can I be sure im updated?

It's updated unless you manually check a box to not update and then every time you run it'd ask you to update. Otherwise it's automatically downloaded anytime a new update comes out.

The bugs are because of the terrible engine it's on. Any engine that Bethesda creates is full of bugs galore. It's what they are known for.

#4433 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Also, Fallout 3 doesn't always play well with quad core processors. If you're having crashes, try the solutions listed here.

#4434 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

Since people are interested in board game adaptions, Talisman is coming to PC:

http://www.rockpaper...y-coming-to-pc/
Posted Image

#4435 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Also, Fallout 3 doesn't always play well with quad core processors. If you're having crashes, try the solutions listed here.

Or even triple-cores.

#4436 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Since people are interested in board game adaptions, Talisman is coming to PC:

http://www.rockpaper...y-coming-to-pc/

Cool. I like the idea of these. I mean sure the real thing is better but hey if you got friends miles apart, it works.

Would love to see some of Fantasy Flight Games as digital ones.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4437 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Publisher weekend: THQ. Includes Darksiders II at 50%

Today's daily: Company of Heroes

#4438 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Publisher weekend: THQ. Includes Darksiders II at 50%

Today's daily: Company of Heroes

May pick up Company of Heroes. Are both the dlc worth it, or just opposing front?

#4439 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Darksiders II is showing at -64% for me, a price of £12.49. Not sure about the rest of you, might be a glitch, sixty four seems like a strange discount.

All DLC is a flat 50% off by the looks of it.

#4440 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

Thanks a lot guys. I'll try it tonight.

Im very familiar with Bethesda's games and buggy engines, but this is mad buggy.

Im just so not used to PC gaming. Lifetime console guy. Laptop is a standard HP deal, nothing special. So I pulled the performance to medium. That's what it defaulted to. I'd love a great gaming rig after seeing all the great stuff on Steam. Especially all these cool indie bundles I see on CAG.