Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#4441 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

If you guys had a Nexuiz 75% off coupon, that stacks with the sale price. The game might get cheaper this weekend, but they also might make it so the coupon no longer stacks. It makes the 4-pack $3.74. I have absolutely no idea how good the game is, but cheap is cheap and most of us just want to throw it in the backlog anyway, right?

#4442 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

May pick up Company of Heroes. Are both the dlc worth it, or just opposing front?

If you only care about campaign, get the base game + Opposing fronts. If you only care about multiplayer and skirmish games, you only need Tales of Valor.

#4443 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

If you guys had a Nexuiz 75% off coupon, that stacks with the sale price. The game might get cheaper this weekend, but they also might make it so the coupon no longer stacks. It makes the 4-pack $3.74. I have absolutely no idea how good the game is, but cheap is cheap and most of us just want to throw it in the backlog anyway, right?

I would say around $1 is what that game might be worth. Might be too much. lol. It's not bad, but far from great and with so many bugs (not sure if they have gotten fixed) it made even trying MP a challenge.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4444 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

Might snap up the Darksiders season pass at that price. Though will wait to see if it the game gets a daily and see if the DLC also gets a deeper discount.

#4445 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hah! Thanks for the reminder. No doubt the coupon hasn't been updated yet to not stack.

I snagged the 4 pack if anyone is looking for it on the cheap.

76561198014930049.png

#4446 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

$25 is close for Darksiders 2 but I told myself less than $15. Oh well. *goes back to waiting patiently for XCOM*

#4447 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

I think it's great, the only problem with the game is that not enough people play it.

#4448 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

I think it's great, the only problem with the game is that not enough people play it.

I didn't like Nexuiz, but I own it on 360. There's no story and very few things are ever explained. Graphics are on par with Halo 3, but the HUD and aiming reticles are flawed and random bonuses are given to players based on performance. There's also no penalty for camping because you're not invincible when you spawn. It tries to be Quake/UT and fails hard. Both of those franchises are better, and that's what people stick with.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#4449 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

I'd love Nexuiz for LAN arena FPSing, but the game bugs out to hell and bleeds away all graphics after a certain amount of time. (No, this one in particular is not a mutator. I've checked. D: ) As it stands, it's rather unplayable for me as a result. :C

Definitely wanting to get all that Darksiders 2 DLC, but going to wait and see if it somehow gets even cheaper this weekend. Still feeling a slight sting for getting Darksiders 2 from GMG. I know Steam games get cheaper, but it usually takes longer than this. ;o;

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#4450 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

I didn't like Nexuiz, but I own it on 360. There's no story and very few things are ever explained. Graphics are on par with Halo 3, but the HUD and aiming reticles are flawed and random bonuses are given to players based on performance. There's also no penalty for camping because you're not invincible when you spawn. It tries to be Quake/UT and fails hard. Both of those franchises are better, and that's what people stick with.

Agreed. From my time with Nexuiz I'd much rather play Quake 3/Quake Live (free)/UT (any) for similar gameplay and a better experience. It's been awhile, but two of my big complaints were it taking forever just to get into a game, which is a bad sign right after launch, and no mid-match joining. I'd sit around for 5-10 minutes before a game started, then someone would quit which would lead to someone else quitting who didn't want to play on mismatched teams. Then you were playing a 3-on-1 game trying desperately to find the one guy before your teammates did.

#4451 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Buying an arena shooter for a console is silly. I can't even imagine it plays similarly.

#4452 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

So Darksiders II, how is the game, and how bad is the port?

Essentially how better of a sequel is it over the first game and well I heard bad things about the port. Is that true?
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4453 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Groupees Be Mine 5 Bundle should be up very shortly. Here's the YouTube video with the lowdown:

$1 minimum gets you :NEO Scavengers, King's Bounty: The Legend, X-Blades.
$5 gets you the above and Tropico 3 + Oddworld:Strangers Wrath HD

#4454 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Groupees Be Mine 5 Bundle should be up very shortly. Here's the YouTube video with the lowdown:

Hmm that is an intriguing bundle.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#4455 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Another excuse to make the backlog even bigger :)

#4456 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Looks like a dollar from me. I want strangers wrath but I have tropico 3 and strangers wrath will be 2.50 again at some point.

#4457 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

finally, been waiting for almost a week! :D

#4458 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

So Darksiders II, how is the game, and how bad is the port?

Essentially how better of a sequel is it over the first game and well I heard bad things about the port. Is that true?

I haven't finished the game but I don't think its a bad port. They've patched in more options (though its been a month or so since I last got a chance to play it). The game ran smooth for me, looked good and never gave me any issues. I can't comment on the pc controls cause I used a 360 pad. As for the game itself, I feel it took what was good about the first game, made it better, and added in loot and a conversation wheel. Over all I liked it a lot more than I did the first game.

#4459 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

InstaBuy

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#4460 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

I didn't ever think we'd see Tropico 3 in a bundle. Makes me regret buying it over the summer sale, but at least it was pretty cheap.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4461 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

I haven't finished the game but I don't think its a bad port. They've patched in more options (though its been a month or so since I last got a chance to play it). The game ran smooth for me, looked good and never gave me any issues. I can't comment on the pc controls cause I used a 360 pad. As for the game itself, I feel it took what was good about the first game, made it better, and added in loot and a conversation wheel. Over all I liked it a lot more than I did the first game.

Now I have to decide if I save Darksiders II for Wii-U or pick it up now :lol:. I like the first game, and this sounds good.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4462 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

This Bundle needs to go live already...

76561198003417354.png

#4463 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Already have Stranger's Wrath and King's Bounty. Might put in the $5 for Tropico but... eh, it's been cheaper individually. No big desire to play the other stuff.

#4464 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Already have Stranger's Wrath and King's Bounty. Might put in the $5 for Tropico but... eh, it's been cheaper individually. No big desire to play the other stuff.

Yeah, and Tropico 3 probably won't be the gold version. I bought the Oddboxx when it was 75% off, so I already have all of the Oddworld games. The $1 minimum is the best deal for me, especially considering I want X-Blades the most out of all the games included.

#4465 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

Neo Scavenger does look somewhat interesting -- might grab it and hope it gets Greenlit!

#4466 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Random, but would someone explain to me how DOTA 2 works exactly? I applied for the Beta test or whatever and I got in, but now I have the base and the test.

76561198003417354.png

#4467 kennyb324

kennyb324

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Its the Normal version of Tropico 3

one of the admins on the groupees site said that steam specifically put the "normal" version of tropico 3 on the store for this bundle.

The only game out of the bundle i was really really wanting is Strangers wrath but i dont feel like spending $5 for it when itll most likely be around the same price or cheaper during the steam sales this year.

#4468 mewantgames

mewantgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

no interest in tropico 3 and already own the oddworld games, but definitely want x blades for a buck.

#4469 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Now I have to decide if I save Darksiders II for Wii-U or pick it up now :lol:. I like the first game, and this sounds good.

Honestly, I'd wait. It will probably be $25 or lower again by the end of the year. I know I'm waiting for more details about the WiiU version. I know it will contain more content.

#4470 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

In for King's Bounty. I guess I only need Crossworlds now to complete the set.

MARS