Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#4471 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Can anyone comment on the Saints Row 3 season pass? Is it worth it and will I get all available DLC including costumes?

#4472 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Can anyone comment on the Saints Row 3 season pass? Is it worth it and will I get all available DLC including costumes?

No, it isn't worth it considering that it'll probably be a daily deal within the next couple days. There's also the fact that the game, season pass + all additional DLC was around $14 at one point during the Summer Sale.

The season pass includes three side missions, Genkibowl VII, Gangstas in Space, and The Trouble with Clones. Additional DLC is not included.

#4473 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

Pass. Already have all the King's Bounty games and Tropico 3, so it is basically Oddworld for $3.
Posted Image

#4474 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

No, it isn't worth it considering that it'll probably be a daily deal within the next couple days. There's also the fact that the game, season pass + all additional DLC was around $14 at one point during the Summer Sale.

The season pass includes three side missions, Genkibowl VII, Gangstas in Space, and The Trouble with Clones. Additional DLC is not included.

Damn okay. I'll keep an eye on it being a daily deal then.

Thanks!

#4475 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

It's not... I said this before but I loved SRTT (as did many others) but I disliked all the DLC (as did many others). The season pass DLC lack much of the magic and humor that made the main game so great, and even the interesting ones don't let you play with the toys in the SRTT world after you're done with the quick 1-2 hour DLC. Even though I only paid like $3 for it, I felt I was ripped off.
Posted Image

#4476 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

It's not... I said this before but I loved SRTT (as did many others) but I disliked all the DLC (as did many others). The season pass DLC lack much of the magic and humor that made the main game so great, and even the interesting ones don't let you play with the toys in the SRTT world after you're done with the quick 1-2 hour DLC. Even though I only paid like $3 for it, I felt I was ripped off.

i enjoyed the dlc missions. though you can finish them pretty quickly. They seemed pretty humorous to me. I just wish it would let me permanently unlock the Saints Flow ability after beating it. ah well.
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#4477 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

The very worst type of DLC. Those who buy it feel like they got ripped off. Those who didn't buy it feel like they missed out. It ends up pissing off everyone.

Of course, you could say ALL dlc other than Half Life 2's episodes falls into this description. ;)

#4478 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Honestly, I'd wait. It will probably be $25 or lower again by the end of the year. I know I'm waiting for more details about the WiiU version. I know it will contain more content.

They've already detailed what's in it. The preorder DLC (Argul's Tomb, some equipment, and the Gamestop quests that just got released seperately), basically. And the controller only ability that lets you play the game on the gamepad's screen (neat feature, but not the type of game I'd want to play on that screen). Unless playing the game on the screen tickles your fancy, you're going to save more money buying it now, especially since the DLC is on sale, something you don't exactly see often on consoles.

#4479 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Just beat FTL: Faster Than Light
Spoiler
, YEAH!

I'm going to celebrate by doing the ironing I forgot about earlier.

p.s. Actually felt rewarding, beating the final boss. A rare feeling these days.

#4480 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

In for King's Bounty. I guess I only need Crossworlds now to complete the set.

Crossworlds is just an 'enhancement' to Armored Princess. Not sure if I'd even call it an expansion although I think it might add another continent. Don't even know if getting The Legend is worthwhile to you unless you absolutely loved AP and are craving more. The games are fairly indistinguishable with AP having more refined game play elements. Story is forgettable and just used to shoehorn in the tactical battles. It's funny because they are releasing another one called Warriors of the North which... again... is fairly indistinguishable.

#4481 aa.jetta

aa.jetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

I've got some of those Nexuiz coupons if anyone is looking at picking it up during the sale. As much as it pains me to support this game since I was terribly disappointed with it as a huge UT/Quake fan.

#4482 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

All THQ games are 50% off with Company of Heroes at 75% off ($2.49 for the regular game). Darksiders 2 is 24.99 right now.
http://store.steampo...m/publisher/THQ

#4483 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

All THQ games are 50% off with Company of Heroes at 75% off ($2.49 for the regular game). Darksiders 2 is 24.99 right now.
http://store.steampo...m/publisher/THQ

Welcome to page 223. Enjoy your stay.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4484 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

I have 8 coupons for the 75%off Nexuiz duel dlc mode. Giving it to people who quote this post.

The dlc comes down to 0,67$ using this coupon!

aa.jetta, can I have one of the coupons for Nexuiz? I already own the game, but my brother would like it too :)

#4485 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

Crossworlds is just an 'enhancement' to Armored Princess. Not sure if I'd even call it an expansion although I think it might add another continent. Don't even know if getting The Legend is worthwhile to you unless you absolutely loved AP and are craving more. The games are fairly indistinguishable with AP having more refined game play elements. Story is forgettable and just used to shoehorn in the tactical battles. It's funny because they are releasing another one called Warriors of the North which... again... is fairly indistinguishable.

Hmmm... that's interesting. Thanks for the info.

MARS

#4486 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

Tony just posted this code:

OCTOFUN1 - Takes 25% off any non pre-order or 30 day new release game.

Works with Sleeping Dogs so it would make it $22.49!

That's a pretty good price.

Been trying to offload my Sleeping dogs AMD coupon for it for $20.

I just can't get into GTA type of games. Saints Row is the same way.

It was free with my 7950 card, I haven't touched the scratch off for the serial. Registers in Steam.

#4487 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

I feel completely blind, but I can't figure out how to skip previously seen text logs in Analogue: A Hate Story.

#4488 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

That's a pretty good price.

Been trying to offload my Sleeping dogs AMD coupon for it for $20.

I just can't get into GTA type of games. Saints Row is the same way.

It was free with my 7950 card, I haven't touched the scratch off for the serial. Registers in Steam.

If I would have know earlier I would have taken it off your hands. It's a beautiful looking game and the gameplay is pretty fun. Don't know if there's a demo but I'd give it a try if you could demo it.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4489 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

I feel completely blind, but I can't figure out how to skip previously seen text logs in Analogue: A Hate Story.

Booted up don't take it personally, babe and found that tab/ctrl are skip. That carried over to Analogue.

#4490 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Looks like Hearthfire was released today for Skyrim. I guess $5 is a fair enough asking price even though a lot of mods also add houses.

http://store.steampo...com/app/220760/

fs_overall.png

#4491 Correlli

Correlli

The guy with the small brain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

Darksiders 2 is very tempting. I'll probably wait to see if it drops a bit lower this weekend.

Any insight on the season pass? Oddly it doesn't seem to include the current two dlc's, Argul's tomb and death rides.

#4492 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

Hmmm... that's interesting. Thanks for the info.

No problem. Not to say they're bad games, I enjoyed them but ultimately you sort of hit the wall doing the umpteenth battle. I put like fifty or so hours into The Legend and don't even think I finished. Put another thirty or so into AP and just stopped playing because the repetition got to me.

#4493 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

I have 8 coupons for the 75%off Nexuiz duel dlc mode. Giving it to people who quote this post.

The dlc comes down to 0,67$ using this coupon!

aa.jetta, can I have one of the coupons for Nexuiz? I already own the game, but my brother would like it too :)

I can't get the regular Nexuiz coupon to apply, only the Duel Mode DLC coupon. I would say that they made the coupon not apply yet again.

There's a giveaway on SG from the creators of Bloody Trapland. There'll be 1,000 winners, but they still need the support on Steam Greenlight. I didn't know you could create a giveaway for a game that isn't on Steam...but okay.

Posted Image

Greenlight URL: http://steamcommunit...ls/?id=92917767
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#4494 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

in case it wasn't pointed out yet, it is cheaper to buy the CoH games all individually, not the bundle. I hope this helps some fellow CAGs out.

#4495 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

I can't get the regular Nexuiz coupon to apply, only the Duel Mode DLC coupon. I would say that they made the coupon not apply yet again.

There's a giveaway on SG from the creators of Bloody Trapland. There'll be 1,000 winners, but they still need the support on Steam Greenlight. I didn't know you could create a giveaway for a game that isn't on Steam...but okay.

Posted Image

Greenlight URL: http://steamcommunit...ls/?id=92917767

Mine still seems to be showing up on the checkout page. I already own Nexuiz so I don't know how that affects a 4 pack. Does it not work when you go through checkout?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4496 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

I noticed that it's THQ Weekend in SteamLand. I'm expecting the first two Red Faction games to show up for $2.49.

One of these days, I'm going to break down and actually pick the original Red Faction up. I have memories of playing the game on the PS2 back in the day.

#4497 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

Just beat FTL: Faster Than Light

Spoiler
, YEAH!

I'm going to celebrate by doing the ironing I forgot about earlier.

p.s. Actually felt rewarding, beating the final boss. A rare feeling these days.

I failed right before you got on, glad to take one for the team.

#4498 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

I noticed that it's THQ Weekend in SteamLand. I'm expecting the first two Red Faction games to show up for $2.49.

According to THQ this is going to be the weekend special dailies (Thanks to nategator for the link):

Thursday 10/4 - Save 75% off all released Company of Heroes titles
Friday 10/5 - Metro: 2033 75% off
Saturday 10/6 - Warhammer 40,0000 Dawn of War & Dawn of War II 75% off
Sunday 10/7 - Saints Row: The Third is 66% off

Sorry

#4499 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

According to THQ this is going to be the weekend special dailies:

Thursday 10/4 - Save 75% off all released Company of Heroes titles
Friday 10/5 - Metro: 2033 75% off
Saturday 10/6 - Warhammer 40,0000 Dawn of War & Dawn of War II 75% off
Sunday 10/7 - Saints Row: The Third is 66% off

Sorry

At least they are all good titles. Well can't comment on Company of Heroes, I own it but haven't played it. :lol:

I must say I am enjoying this Hell Yeah!. It's nothing special but it has some charm going for it. A fun little time waster, but I would say not worth the full $15. More like $5-10 range.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4500 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

Mine still seems to be showing up on the checkout page. I already own Nexuiz so I don't know how that affects a 4 pack. Does it not work when you go through checkout?

It doesn't work for me during checkout. I think if you removed it and added it again, the coupon wouldn't apply. That's the way these things tend to go. Had Serious Sam 3 in my cart during the Summer Sale and this happened...
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com