Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#4681 Davinatorman

Davinatorman

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for the info, buying it right now.

Another question: which one is considered the best and which is considerd the worst? Or are they all good enough to warrant full playthroughs?

#4682 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

I don't think that I agree with either of those things. Stealth games existed before Thief and several have improved upon stealth gameplay a lot since the last entry was released.

yeah especially mark of the ninja

#4683 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

FYI, with the 25% voucher floating around, Dawnguard comes out to $11 and change at GreenManGaming, in case you want that as well. But congrats. I might try the same today for Diablo 3. I've never really played loot clickfests like that before, so I'm interested, just not $60 interested.

Also, Skyrim on PC is god-tier. A whole 'nother experience. If your rig is beefy, grab some mods and experience it as it was meant to be played. If you're interested, I'll whip together a shortlist of some must-have graphics mods.

I do have a browser window open to GMG's Skyrim sale, and it is a consideration, but the consensus seems to be that Dawnguard doesn't add more than about ten dollars' worth of content. I'm hoping to sit on my hands and wait for a deeper discount. I'm confident that the base game and building a house will keep me occupied at least until the winter sale.

As far as mods go, I've put in enough hours now unmodded that I should start looking into graphics improvements. I like to see a game as it was first to better appreciate the improvements. I'd welcome a post or a PM with your suggestions, thank you.

Thief series is a steal at that price.

I see what you did there.

#4684 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

The Thief games are classics. Also, there's a new fan-made patch that helps significantly with running Thief 2 on modern hardware: http://www.rockpaper...bility-patches/

Thief 1: Dark Project/Thief 1: Gold also works now, too!
TFFix basically took T2 Unofficial Patch 1.19's NEW Engine and ported it over to Thief 1.

#4685 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

As far as mods go, I've put in enough hours now unmodded that I should start looking into graphics improvements. I like to see a game as it was first to better appreciate the improvements. I'd welcome a post or a PM with your suggestions, thank you.

Considering it's on Steam, I highly suggest checking the Workshop and sorting by highest rated or most popular. There are some great mods in there, ranging from better lighting placement, to higher definition grass and glaciers, to better face models for Aela and Mjoll. They all work well in the game and contribute to enhance the overall experience, plus they don't take much to run unlike the official HD texture packs. I would link you to more, but Steam seems to be down right now.

And this is truly why I'm so grateful for owning this on PC. There's a seemingly infinite amount of content they can add in the vast expanses of barren land, and it's all free. I haven't downloaded the town of Laintar Dale yet, but it'll put me at over 100 installed mods.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#4686 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

After recovering from milk+nose, I had to post this here:

Game of Thrones - Season 1 - RPG
Game of Thrones - Season 2 - RPG

#4687 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Thief 1: Dark Project/Thief 1: Gold also works now, too!
TFFix basically took T2 Unofficial Patch 1.19's NEW Engine and ported it over to Thief 1.

Do you know where I can find the Thief 1 patch? I'm going to play them soon and prefer to start with the first one. Do I just follow the same link?

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#4688 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

lmao! I watched the 2nd one and thought it was good but the first was even better! Also watched grammer nazis...looks like college humor has a lot of good stuff there

how did they make that anyway?
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#4689 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

Do you know where I can find the Thief 1 patch? I'm going to play them soon and prefer to start with the first one. Do I just follow the same link?

TFix: Unofficial Patch for Thief 1/Gold

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#4690 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

Thanks for the info, buying it right now.

Another question: which one is considered the best and which is considerd the worst? Or are they all good enough to warrant full playthroughs?

I'm wondering this as well. Great reviews but just seems too dated to warrant being put in the backlog.

Looking forward to the Skyrim mod list. I just got it so it'd be cool to beef it up before starting.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#4691 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

lmao! I watched the 2nd one and thought it was good but the first was even better! Also watched grammer nazis...looks like college humor has a lot of good stuff there

how did they make that anyway?

I've seen comments pointing at Romancing SaGa 2 & 3 use of assets. The guy who made it's page is here, chiptune songs are available for download.. His youtube channel is here. And wikipedia.

#4692 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

TFix: Unofficial Patch for Thief 1/Gold

Thanks. ;)

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#4693 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

Well a little bit more than a day till Dishonored. I am excited but annoyed that Bethesda is not doing preloads of the game. Oh well at least I only paid $45 for it off GMG.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4694 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

Dear Op,

Ima done just tearing through the numbers.
Now what?

G
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#4695 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

Well a little bit more than a day till Dishonored. I am excited but annoyed that Bethesda is not doing preloads of the game. Oh well at least I only paid $45 for it off GMG.

I preloaded 3 days ago. Where did you purchase?
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#4696 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

I preloaded 3 days ago. Where did you purchase?

Green Man Gaming. Got it for $45 with 25% off code, no key yet.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4697 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

Green Man Gaming. Got it for $45 with 25% off code, no key yet.

GMG said they would be giving keys out till it is released.

#4698 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

Both of the old Thief games have amazing levels but I felt Thief 1 had too many Tomb Raider style levels that, given that they were back in the olden days of level design, naturally meant you were getting lost in giant labyrinths that didn't need to make sense at all. Thief 2 kept you more in structured buildings and the like where the way forward was generally easy enough to suss out.

Both are amazing games though. I look forward to trying out these patches. Do they work with fan missions? I still need to play COSAS, T2X, Calendra's, and so many more.

Also, everyone who thinks that Borderlands 2 is a good game is completely wrong and any fun you were having you must have imagined.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#4699 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

Also, everyone who thinks that Borderlands 2 is a good game is completely wrong and any fun you were having you must have imagined.

If thinking that is wrong then I don't want to be right. :)

76561197971332172.png

#4700 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

If thinking that is wrong then I don't want to be right. :)

We can both be wrong together :D

#4701 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

Anybody hyped for Worms Revolution? It drops on Wednesday and it's looking hot.

MARS

#4702 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but www.IndieGameStand.com has the Geneforge Saga (Geneforge 1 through 5) up today for $0.25 for just DRM-free, or $1 for DRM-free, GOG, AND Steam keys.

The game was in an Indie Royale bundle before, and it looks pretty good. Spiderweb Software are pretty damn good at oldschool RPGs, and the $1 level is pretty damn good this time.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4703 mjontrix

mjontrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

Game of Thrones - Season 1 - RPG
Game of Thrones - Season 2 - RPG

Hey... isn't this the same guy who did the Bear Grylls RPG as well? That was really funny :D

And thanks for the Thief Links!

#4704 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

Caved on the Thief Collection. Probably won't play anytime soon and could've waited for another sale on it down the line, but just seeing all the reviews of it being classic seems worth it.

Only a week 'til 2K13 comes out for PCDD:booty:

76561198003417354.png

#4705 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

It's a good deal -- I doubt you'll see the Thief games drop any lower in price than ~2.25ish each. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the third one as I think the multiplatform nature and limited capacities of the Xbox killed the better aspects of the game like level design, etc. Much the same way Deus Ex: Invisible War is a total abomination compared to the original.

#4706 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Thief 2 was recently on sale on GMG for $1.84 I think after the code (and before trading in free games towards it). I'm pretty sure that was the price, although I'm not positive.

I'll probably just wait for GMG to eventually put the other two on sale. Good deal if you really want to play the games now though.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4707 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

It's a good deal -- I doubt you'll see the Thief games drop any lower in price than ~2.25ish each. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the third one as I think the multiplatform nature and limited capacities of the Xbox killed the better aspects of the game like level design, etc. Much the same way Deus Ex: Invisible War is a total abomination compared to the original.

Appreciate the re-assurance lol. I'm not a huge stealth fan either, but a classic is a classic and I can, hopefully, appreciate the game itself as far as level design, story, creativity, which are the points I hear emphasized the most about it. No rush to play tho.

Idiotekque - ..........

76561198003417354.png

#4708 mjontrix

mjontrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Appreciate the re-assurance lol. I'm not a huge stealth fan either, but a classic is a classic and I can, hopefully, appreciate the game itself as far as level design, story, creativity, which are the points I hear emphasized the most about it. No rush to play tho.

Thief will get your blood rushing when you're trying to hide from the guards.

Just get it! It's absolutely amazing. And Thief 3 isn't that bad, it's just that the first two were too good :D

#4709 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Thief will get your blood rushing when you're trying to hide from the guards.

Just get it! It's absolutely amazing. And Thief 3 isn't that bad, it's just that the first two were too good :D

I did lol, caved earlier. I'm sure they'll serve me well

76561198003417354.png

#4710 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

Dishonoroed reviews are out: http://www.metacriti.../critic-reviews

It looks as great as it seemed it would be.