Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#4711 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Dishonoroed reviews are out: http://www.metacriti.../critic-reviews

It looks as great as it seemed it would be.

IGN says the story is wanting but gameplay is so good they gave it a 9.3. Also said PC versions looks so much better get it if you have a choice, which is kinda duh since its GFWL and great gamepad support, but that confirms the PC port is good unless someone has seen something bad about it?

Since I can't get the $20 rewards with PC version at BB, I think I'll sell my 360 copy after reading that. Between BB preorder special DLC, the $20/ in rewards, I should easily make some money on it,and just get the PC version first good sale I see.

#4712 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

People said Dishonored was a Steampunk Deus Ex. Reviews are confirming that, and well Dishonored will be my GOTY because of this. I fucking love Deus Ex just because of the openness to the game and this will be just as awesome it seems.

I am excited.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4713 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

Dishonored is GFWL?

Whew, thank goodness you're wrong. It is Steamworks. Scared me there for a second.

76561198014930049.png

#4714 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

Dishonored is GFWL?

No, it's just Games for Windows. Steamworks is its DRM across the board.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4715 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

No, it's just Games for Windows. Steamworks is its DRM across the board.

Oh thank god. For a second I was worried.

Also just checked PC Requirements. Holy shit is it beefy. It better be optimized and not a shitty port.
Posted Image

#4716 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

The Walking Dead Ep 4 'Around Every Corner' will be available Tue Oct 9th on PSN in US, Wed Oct 10th on XBLA, PC/MAC!

#4717 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

The Walking Dead Ep 4 'Around Every Corner' will be available Tue Oct 9th on PSN in US, Wed Oct 10th on XBLA, PC/MAC!

Great news, this new episode looks like another winner. One of the best games to come out this year, no doubt.

#4718 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Anyone ever have sound problems with Spec Ops: The Line? I recently bought it from Gamefly, and I have no sound at all during cutscenes. I looked at all of the fixes for it, and none worked. I read somewhere that its recommended to update my drivers, but unfortunately most new drivers make my entire computer unstable for most other tasks, so I want to avoid that. Anyone have any advice?

Zarski843.jpg

#4719 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

MAN, I'm still salty that my walking dead save file corrupted when i DLed episode 3. My only options are to play through episodes 1 and 2 again or "pick random outcomes" to the decisions. 1st world problems.

Hand__Of__God.png

#4720 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Oh thank god. For a second I was worried.

Also just checked PC Requirements. Holy shit is it beefy. It better be optimized and not a shitty port.

Sounds like the console versions suffer due to PC optimization on graphics. Word is it has screen tearing and pretty murky textures on consoles according to a statement on.metacritic

#4721 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Are the PC specs that beefy? I looked at a couple articles that said they were surprisingly modest but that was in August. Have they increased since?

I'll be waiting on the game anyway given my backlog. Maybe I'll have a new graphics card by the time I get around to it.

#4722 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

MAN, I'm still salty that my walking dead save file corrupted when i DLed episode 3. My only options are to play through episodes 1 and 2 again or "pick random outcomes" to the decisions. 1st world problems.

Wait, there's a 'pick random outcomes' button?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4723 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Well, it looks like the Polish keys for Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition and Supreme Commander Gold have all been exhausted from CDaction. That lasted all of 12 hours. They haven't been removed from my inventory yet, so I'm hoping I got them for free last night. E-penis leveled up! Backlog length increased by 2!

#4724 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Dishonoroed reviews are out: http://www.metacriti.../critic-reviews

It looks as great as it seemed it would be.

RPS likes it too.

http://www.rockpaper...ink-dishonored/

I'm more happy that they like XCOM, since that's the game I'm spending my bucks on.

http://www.rockpaper...08/xcom-review/
Posted Image

#4725 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Sounds like the console versions suffer due to PC optimization on graphics. Word is it has screen tearing and pretty murky textures on consoles according to a statement on.metacritic

Wait, they actually developed on PC first. Jesus Christ I haven't heard that statement in ages. Usually it's all consoles then pray for a decent port.

I got my key in from GMG so I will be downloading as soon as I get home from work. That is considering my other PSN downloads are done. I wanted to get Sonic Adventure 2 and Nights on Steam but I decided to get them on PSN since they are already out.
Posted Image

#4726 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Wait, there's a 'pick random outcomes' button?

yea there is, really wish you could just pick outcomes manually

Hand__Of__God.png

#4727 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Anyone know how long of a wait there usually is between Indieroyale bundles?

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps3:Lightning Returns
:3ds:Bravely Default
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#4728 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Wait, they actually developed on PC first. Jesus Christ I haven't heard that statement in ages. Usually it's all consoles then pray for a decent port.

I'm.not sure, just sounds like its possible. A game that runs great on PC but has issues on both consoles graphically.....

#4729 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

a week or so

#4730 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

It tells you which bundles are coming up and gives a rough estimate of when on the bottom of the IR page. 1 week for the next bundle, 4 for the one after that.

#4731 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

The Expendables 2 is the daily for 7.49

and boy does it look terrible

Hand__Of__God.png

#4732 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

The Expendables 2 is the daily for 7.49

and boy does it look terrible

Ha! I actually DLed the demo on PSN the other day, but still too much. I'd get it at a few bucks.

Also, my Walking Dead saves got lost after Ep. 2 so I had to replay it. Made some different choices, so going back to replay it yet again. I don't mind personally. Good drama.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4733 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

I started my 2nd playthrough of Deus Ex last week, both the original and HR. So when I saw these reviews for Dishonored I couldn't help myself: got it from GMG with the 25% coupon.

#4734 MobiusOne

MobiusOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

I looked at all of the fixes for it, and none worked. I read somewhere that its recommended to update my drivers, but unfortunately most new drivers make my entire computer unstable for most other tasks, so I want to avoid that. Anyone have any advice?

So you tried disabling the hdmi sound ouput?

#4735 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

Well, it looks like the Polish keys for Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition and Supreme Commander Gold have all been exhausted from CDaction. That lasted all of 12 hours. They haven't been removed from my inventory yet, so I'm hoping I got them for free last night. E-penis leveled up! Backlog length increased by 2!

If you have any version of blood bowl in your library I believe you get a substantial discount on the new version coming out. If you are worried about losing it you could get the new version while the old is still in your library on the somewhat cheap.

#4736 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

So you tried disabling the hdmi sound ouput?

Yup, didn't fix it. For some reason I decided to give it a shot later and surprise, it works just fine now. No idea what did it though lol.

Zarski843.jpg

#4737 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Just a heads up, after 8,500 bundles are sold in the current Groupees Be Mine 5 they will unlock a bonus Steam key for Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise.

At this time they only need 23 more bundles sold to unlock.

#4738 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

yea there is, really wish you could just pick outcomes manually

Hmm.. I didn't know that. Where is this button? As much as I wish there was a pick outcomes manually button (I don't really know why there isn't, seems easy enough to implement), this should do the trick. I'm primarily playing through the series on PSN, but I have it on Steam as well and would just rather run through the episodes quickly on there.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4739 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Just a heads up, after 8,500 bundles are sold in the current Groupees Be Mine 5 they will unlock a bonus Steam key for Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise.

Ugh, figures that I just bought Kung Fu Strike something like 2 weeks ago. :-x

Well, good news for everyone else, because the game's great.

#4740 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Thanks! Just grabbed my key!