Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#4891 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

Personally, I think MP has been ruining FPS. A lot of them nowadays seem focused on MP and just some quick and thoughtless SP campaign. I guess I still remember stuff like the original COD games and Medal of Honor games where I thought the SP was stellar. I rarely play MP. Just not very good and don't really care about stats or stuff like that. I do like co-op but that isn't a focus of these games either.

That irks me too. I'm not a fan of co-op though, mainly because I don't know many people to play with. :-#

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#4892 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

By the by, the new class (Mechromancer) is live in BL2 already. A week ahead of schedule... I guess Gearbox isn't on Valve time yet.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4893 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

By the by, the new class (Mechromancer) is live in BL2 already. A week ahead of schedule... I guess Gearbox isn't on Valve time yet.

I've got the class to level 12, and I am really enjoying it. You can do some really cool and really different builds with this class.
Posted Image

#4894 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

Oh, I agree. Just wanted to let you know I am one of the oddballs, lol. I'll always remember (the first) MW as one of my favorite gaming experiences though - mainly for the multiplayer. And much like you said, it was the only game I bought new and was playing.

Spoiler

Word. & damn that's almost exactly like me bruh lol. I had a 360 for a while but it broke 4x, so I stopped gaming for about 2 years. I had to upgrade my laptop for school and I got a decent high-end one pretty much meant for gaming but not my intended purposes. I don't plan on getting a console again and I've been using my roommates PS3 for a year but honestly its just not as good as an Xbox. Wanted my own games so was like why not try PC, cheap and I can run games now. I'm decent at CoD MP, not good on PC either but hell I'm using a 360 controller still haha. Easier on consoles by far but I'm about the same when using a controller since I still am. MW2/3 is BS anyways, I'm better on BO.

erequena - interesting on Morrowind since I never played it. I spent a fair amount of time tho on Oblivion doing like you said, but primarily just screwing around doing side missions lol. The main quest was just...eh.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#4895 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

Ok so that explains the half a gig update I got in BL2 yesterday. Cool to hear.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4896 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Walking Dead ep 4 is out on Steam!
Posted Image

#4897 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

YES! Downloading now, can't wait to play Episode 4!

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#4898 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

:drool::hot:

Though after Ep.3 I need to prepare myself!

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4899 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Got an email saying that all of the Painkiller games were on sale in the Indie Gala store. 50% off but...

I hate the idea of the "Gala Store" and this is why I never buy anything from there: obviously, Indie Gala has keys for these games which means they'll most likely end up in one of their bundles.

Anyway, not a (terrible) price for those wanting to play the game now so I thought I'd share. Otherwise, wait til it's in an Indie Gala bundle :)

http://store.indiegala.com/index.php/

#4900 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Got an email saying that all of the Painkiller games were on sale in the Indie Gala store. 50% off but...

I hate the idea of the "Gala Store" and this is why I never buy anything from there: obviously, Indie Gala has keys for these games which means they'll most likely end up in one of their bundles.

Anyway, not a (terrible) price for those wanting to play the game now so I thought I'd share. Otherwise, wait til it's in an Indie Gala bundle :)

http://store.indiegala.com/index.php/

I think they said and I could be wrong on this, that games in the gala store that haven't been in a bundle, won't be in one. Now they change their minds on things quite a bit so take that for what it's worth.

#4901 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

I think they said and I could be wrong on this, that games in the gala store that haven't been in a bundle, won't be in one. Now they change their minds on things quite a bit so take that for what it's worth.

Even with that, it's only 50% off. I believe the Painkiller pack on steam which includes Painkiller: Black Edition has been 75% off before, but I could be wrong.

Also, whatever happened to you being able to spend "Gala Points" on stuff on their store? I guess it's just for certain things. I'd probably bite if the discount were steeper or of I could use these mythical galapoints.

#4902 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Painkiller: Black edition was $2.50 on the GamersGate summer sale.

#4903 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

Indie Gala store games will not be in THEIR bundles, but could always show up in other bundles, most likely Groupees.

Also, they have Gala points but they are worthless. For example, if they discount a game in the store, they then reduce or eliminate the Gala Point discount on that game. So the overall effect makes them useless.

Also, Tony from Amazon just posted this:

Our Deal of the Week next week is stupid awesome.

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition + DLC
Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

I believe these are all Steam?

Crazy stoopid deal!

Edited by CheapLikeAFox, 10 October 2012 - 04:32 PM.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4904 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Daily Deal

Arcania & Gothic Pack $12.49 75% off includes below
Arcania $6.24 75% off
Arcania Fall of Setarrif $3.74 75% off
Gothic 1
Gothic 2 Gold Edition $2.49 75% off
Gothic 3 $2.49 75% off
Gothic 3 Forsake Gods Enhanced Edition $9.99

#4905 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Indie Gala store games will not be in THEIR bundles, but could always show up in other bundles, most likely Groupees.

Also, they have Gala points but they are worthless. For example, if they discount a game in the store, they then reduce or eliminate the Gala Point discount on that game. So the overall effect makes them useless.

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

Crazy stoopid deal!

Wait, $10 for ALL THAT? Good god man, what are they doing, giving the store away? Jesus.

Sadly, I have everything I'd want out of that bundle, so I'm going to have to pass. But damn, $10 is worth Deus Ex alone. The rest is just gravy.

#4906 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

I own every single one of those games but almost want to buy it again just because of how amazing of a deal that is. Wow!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#4907 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

On that upcoming amazon pack, unfortunately I own all of those but that is an incredible deal.

Seeing as how KOA:R will probably never go on sale on steam again, http://www.gamersgat...llection-bundle this is quite a good price for it. Includes the dlc as well. Especially if you include the 15% discount that I'm still cross with IGN for never giving me.

Basically, can anyone convince me NOT to grab this. sunghost has graciously volunteered to assist me with the IGN discount should I decide to grab the game.

#4908 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Just finished Walking Dead episode 4.

Minor spoilers ahead (but no story-related spoilers):

Spoiler

Posted Image

#4909 HuntingNoob

HuntingNoob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

That Amazon deal is really nice. Good job Tony!

#4910 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Just finished Walking Dead episode 4.

Minor spoilers ahead (but no story-related spoilers):

Spoiler

Wow, hard to believe you had any issues with Ep. 3.

3 was just so shocking and bleak to me. Definitely hit hard. 3 really felt like the depressing spirit of the book/show.

#4911 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Wow, hard to believe you had any issues with Ep. 3.

3 was just so shocking and bleak to me. Definitely hit hard. 3 really felt like the depressing spirit of the book/show.

Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoyed ep 3 as well! :)
Spoiler

Posted Image

#4912 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Mother of god T-Money. That deal is fucking insane. I will buy it for Supreme Commander and Quantum.

Deus Ex and JC 2 are my two GOTY's for 2010 and 2011.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4913 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Hey guys, have a big question involving the new X-Com released yesterday and would like an answer. I'm not getting an answer on Polygon's review of it, so figured I'd copy + paste it in here.

The original X-Com UFO Defense was essentially random in its mission structure. Every game was different, in terms of enemy locations, attacks, etc. The only thing that remained constant was the final mission. This was a huge factor in what makes the original so damn replayable.

When they started making a new X-Com, i was worried they may scrap that in favor of a more common strategy motif, with set missions telling the story they (the devs) wanted to tell. So I guess what i’m asking is, does this new X-Com still generate all your missions on the fly? Will each experience (each time playing the campaign, for example) still be different? (With the exceptions of beginning and end)
Thanks in advance for any answers. =)

My thanks to any CAGs who can answer this.

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#4914 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hey guys, have a big question involving the new X-Com released yesterday and would like an answer. I'm not getting an answer on Polygon's review of it, so figured I'd copy + paste it in here.

Its a mix of the both in this one. There are missions that are part of the campaign, which you HAVE to do. But, its up to you when you want to do them. Currently, Im at a point where I have to get my engineers to make an item called the Skeleton Key. Then, I have to go to the world view and choose the campaign mission in order to progress with the campaign. However, theres no time limit or anything forcing you to do the mission. You can do it whenever you feel like it. In the meantime, you can keep searching the globe for random battles. You can do that for as long as you want.
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#4915 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

Daily Deal

Arcania & Gothic Pack $12.49 75% off includes below
Arcania $6.24 75% off
Arcania Fall of Setarrif $3.74 75% off
Gothic 1
Gothic 2 Gold Edition $2.49 75% off
Gothic 3 $2.49 75% off
Gothic 3 Forsake Gods Enhanced Edition $9.99

What you're saying is we're looking at the next Indie Gala methinks.

#4916 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

What you're saying is we're looking at the next Indie Gala methinks.

i would love it if that bundle became an indiegala. Ive been avoiding it every time its been on sale because I KNOW I wont be playing it anytime soon. That doesnt stop me from wanting it though.
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#4917 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Avoid Arcania, its expansion, and Forsaken Gods like the plague. In short: you just need the 'Universe' edition. If that ever becomes an IG you could probably just put in a $1 assuming the older ones would be the entry tier. That said keys might be problematic since Nordic (formerly Jowood) doesn't own the rights to Gothic 1 individually so only way you could get it would be in a Universe bundle.

#4918 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Yes, it is all random. I played a mission and half way through it I realized I forgot to bring a certain item so I reloaded the game before I went into that mission and when I went to that mission again it was a totally different map and enemies and such. The devs said there are 80 different maps and a few variations of each one, plus the enemies generated are random each time as well. For some of the "story" missions, the maps were the same type (ie in an alien base or urban area) but were totally different from one another.

I've played around 28 missions (counting story and just active scanning for abductions) so far and haven't seen the same one yet.

#4919 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

Crazy stoopid deal!

That really is a crazy deal. I guess it's a good thing I have a friend to help with regional pricing. Already own 5 of 7 on consoles, but will probably grab them for the PC for a couple reasons.

Thanks for posting.

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#4920 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant